Poor girl.  Pretty sure she feels bad exposing her sailing skills by getting stuck on that turning mark.  What WILL her coach and peers think?

Ed, sometimes you're a complete fuckin' cockwomble....

A few articles down is a fantastic article about all that is great about this sport we love, (uncredible- Bics) and then at the top is the perfect example about all that is wrong. Would those kids do acrobatics on their Bics aspire to be treated like you've just treated our 'scotw'. 

For fucks sake, you fuckin' idiot....

twat

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

oh c'mon.. that's just rude and tasteless..   what are you page 6 of the daily mail?    take it down..  

Let me bring you back to your world

nic2.jpg

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

oh c'mon.. that's just rude and tasteless..   what are you page 6 of the daily mail?    take it down..  

you made me look at the front page.

Maybe the lady should be a bit more discerning in her choice of sailing attire. Possibly a set of wetsuit shorts.

No, unless that bird on the front page said “feel free to use this photo” I think this is poor form.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Teaky said:

No, unless that bird on the front page said “feel free to use this photo” I think this is poor form.  

Perhaps she did...

If she is in an organised event she may have "signed any rights away" by entering.

Here are media regulations from Sydney to Hobart:

grant the Organising Authority and Rolex SA the unconditional, perpetual right and authority to publish and broadcast anywhere in the world, for any purpose and in any media, the names, images and biographical information relating to the crew and photographs, video footage and audio recordings taken of the boat and its crew prior to, during and after the race;

HAMILTON ISLAND RACE WEEK:

11.6 By lodging an entry, the owner/charterer gives the right and permission for any photographs and/or video footage of the boat and crew to be published in any media for any editorial, publicity or advertising purposes.

SAIL PORT STEPHENS:

10.6 By lodging an entry, the owner/charterer gives absolute right and permission for any photographs and/or video footage of the boat and crew to be published in any media for any editorial, publicity or advertising purposes.

Airlie beach race week did not appear to have a media rider, not sure what it's like in the rest of the world, check the N.O.R. of your favourite regatta.

• Like 1

Just remember it was her choice to put on that teeny, weeny, anal floss bikini bottom to go sail boat racing in.

37 minutes ago, RATM said:

Just remember it was her choice to put on that teeny, weeny, anal floss bikini bottom to go sail boat racing in.

But was it her choice to have her picture stuck on the front page of this place??  Not that the Ed cares, he's just getting his rocks off over it. 

I want to know what she thinks of the photo.  She may even like it, and the controversy, or   not.

Get Clean to interview her!  Oh, wait.he is not here..

Sail Safe!

That is worse than what the guys on the VOR did. Truly bad form. It's hard enough to get women participating in any sports without having to deal with this bullshit, Even if she did agree (implicitly or tacitly) it's no reason to publish this. It's 2018, wake the fuck up Ed.

• Like 4

Hey, if you want pics of  a chicks vag, its only 2 clicks away. This kind of shit went out in the 70's with pipes, slippers and Hugh

look at the shitter on that critter.

ooh, I'm 'baad'..

Nailed it.  Perfect Anarchy shot

• Like 1

Donald Trump himself would find this in poor taste and not post it on his twitter feed.

1 hour ago, Gutterblack said:

Hey, if you want pics of  a chicks vag, its only 2 clicks away. This kind of shit went out in the 70's with pipes, slippers and Hugh

Per your request

54394_03big.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, USA 5184 said:

Donald Trump himself would find this in poor taste and not post it on his twitter feed.

Actually, posting that shot on the front page is a very Trumpy sort of move. He must be imitating his idol!  

• Like 1

Only a true Vulgarian would think posting that shot was a good idea.....

Douchey move by the Ed.  No shock there.  It's not like she did something that would warrant getting shown for her wrong-doing.  And it's not like this is a flattering shot of someone putting themselves out there in a skimpy bikini knowing people will be looking at her.  Instead, the douchey Ed's prurient nature slaps a crotch shot of a woman performing in the sport, and I'm pretty damned sure this would not be the image she was expecting to have blasted out there on the front page of a big sailing site when she put on the pretty normal swim suit.  But hey, The Ed can show anything he wants about women because he hates Trump.. meaning he respects women [shrug].

• Like 3

somebody's daughter...and she could be well under 18.  sayin.   

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Motorman said:

Not Ed's daughter...

1 hour ago, GauchoGreg said:

Douchey move by the Ed.  No shock there.  It's not like she did something that would warrant getting shown for her wrong-doing.  And it's not like this is a flattering shot of someone putting themselves out there in a skimpy bikini knowing people will be looking at her.  Instead, the douchey Ed's prurient nature slaps a crotch shot of a woman performing in the sport, and I'm pretty damned sure this would not be the image she was expecting to have blasted out there on the front page of a big sailing site when she put on the pretty normal swim suit.  But hey, The Ed can show anything he wants about women because he hates Trump.. meaning he respects women [shrug].

And putting this crap on the front page of the top competitive sailing site isn't a way to convince more women that they are welcome in competitive sailing.  "Come race us, we'll post inappropriate photos of you on our news page".

• Like 4

+1 for very poor form.

Yesterday evening I dragged my wife into the office to show her the Open Bic video saying how great it was...she was not very impressed when I pulled up the SA front page with the new SCOTW pic on top.

Sorry Ed: Not cool anymore, unless you want to limit SA to just a boy's club and last I checked those are dying all over the place.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mad said:

But was it her choice to have her picture stuck on the front page of this place??  Not that the Ed cares, he's just getting his rocks off over it. 

She made a choice to put on an outfit that would draw attention to her ass. Mission Accomplished. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GauchoGreg said:

...when she put on the pretty normal swim suit.  ....

Pretty normal swimsuit if by swim you mean layout and work on your tan.

normal dingy sailing gear..... I don't think so

49 minutes ago, RATM said:

She made a choice to put on an outfit that would draw attention to her ass. Mission Accomplished. 

She didn't make the choice to have her crotch blasted all over the internet.  That was Scooter's choice.  

• Like 1

...yeah it's definitely her fault...if you dress that like that you should expect a camera to capture and share globallly...

...real sailors where real gear to cover up...

...douchiest comments ever in this thread.

Sleazebags. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, VWAP said:

Let me bring you back to your world

nic2.jpg

That, my man, is about as PAWG as you can get and still fit in the shot!

i was told by someone at our club about the front page scotw and how he forwarded it to several friends. I told his wrinkly 78 year old ass to get on over to General Anarchy National Cleavage Day. 

Don’t think he’ll be able to handle that amount of material.:huh:

Do what you want Scot, enough people want to hate you that you must sometimes give them some ammo so they can continue the battle.

God, I am so encouraged by the majority of these posts! Looking at the  photo my reaction was how devastated that young girl must feel if she sees the pic on SA and I expected, logging onto this thread, that I'd be the only one. SA frequenters actually have some taste! Who knew?

• Like 4

The comments about her attire are on par with blaming women (or any victim of sexual harassment) for their choice of attire as the reason.

That argument doesn't wash in society or in the courts. Next, you guys will have women sailing in burkas or "burkinis."  I don't necessarily agree with her choice, but it's her right to wear it and to not be harassed. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Motorman said:

I was thinking the same thing.  That's the open bic un-regatta I'm assuming.  Of course considering it doesn't /actually/ show anything it's not a legal question.  But it's pretty fucking tasteless.  But according to the Ed she probably cheats too, because ya know everyone does......

Ed's a fuckin idiot and nothing has changed.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

First I am going to assume she is a woman and not a minor. If a minor, even though she is clothed, the photographer and the Ed both crossed the line! Not illegal but very creepy!

Poor taste for the photographer to let this get out in the first place. I would have just deleted the pic or if I knew the woman and thought she would get a laugh out of it I would have shared it with her and let her do what she wanted with it. I would not have distributed it.

And poor taste for Ed to post it again without her permission. I am assuming he did not ask her...

That being said, in the big picture, it's really not that big of a deal. She has a bikini on and is climbing back in her boat. Move on...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I was thinking the same thing.  That's the open bic un-regatta I'm assuming.  Of course considering it doesn't /actually/ show anything it's not a legal question.  But it's pretty fucking tasteless.  But according to the Ed she probably cheats too, because ya know everyone does......

Ed's a fuckin idiot and nothing has changed.

Boat is NOT an Open Bic. Not sure what it is? Has a 'V' on the sail.

Anyways like I said above I am going to assume she is an adult woman.

If not, yuck you really are a creeper Ed! And if you just posted without verifying she is an adult woman then you are an idiot.

42 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

That, my man, is about as PAWG as you can get and still fit in the shot!

i was told by someone at our club about the front page scotw and how he forwarded it to several friends. I told his wrinkly 78 year old ass to get on over to General Anarchy National Cleavage Day. 

Don’t think he’ll be able to handle that amount of material.:huh:

Do what you want Scot, enough people want to hate you that you must sometimes give them some ammo so they can continue the battle.

the difference between those photos and the girl is that the former chose to pose as such..   I don't believe the young gal would think that a photographer (paparazzi are lower than lawyers imho) , would shove a telephoto lens up her crotch...

2 hours ago, RATM said:

Oh please. During the summer, I do most of my sailing in a bikini or monokini, especially if there's a likelihood of capsizing. I do that because it's hot and I don't want to be coated in salt-sticky wet clothing if I capsize. Also makes it easier to jump over the side if one needs to "use the ladies room". I realize there is a risk of this sort of thing as a result, but your "she asked for it" line is garbage. I'm quite certain none of her reasons for wearing a bathing suit were: I'd like my crotch on sailing anarchy. Because literally no girl wants that. And that's coming from someone who has appeared in a zillion bikini sailing photos and numerous times on the front page. As I said in another thread elsewhere, as someone who sails in a bikini, this is totally my worst nightmare. We all know it's possible, and we are accepting that risk when we do it, but to suggest that we *want* that to happen or are *requesting* it to happen is bull and you know it. Also, pretty much every teen female junior sailor at my club sails in a bathing suit. Would the suggestion be that these 13 and 14 year olds are also asking for it?

• Like 19

13 minutes ago, BlondeWithFreeBoat said:

Oh please. During the summer, I do most of my sailing in a bikini or monokini, especially if there's a likelihood of capsizing. I do that because it's hot and I don't want to be coated in salt-sticky wet clothing if I capsize. Also makes it easier to jump over the side if one needs to "use the ladies room". I realize there is a risk of this sort of thing as a result, but your "she asked for it" line is garbage. I'm quite certain none of her reasons for wearing a bathing suit were: I'd like my crotch on sailing anarchy. Because literally no girl wants that. And that's coming from someone who has appeared in a zillion bikini sailing photos and numerous times on the front page. As I said in another thread elsewhere, as someone who sails in a bikini, this is totally my worst nightmare. We all know it's possible, and we are accepting that risk when we do it, but to suggest that we *want* that to happen or are *requesting* it to happen is bull and you know it. Also, pretty much every teen female junior sailor at my club sails in a bathing suit. Would the suggestion be that these 13 and 14 year olds are also asking for it?

The reality is that it's sad it is your worst nightmare - you shouldn't have to worry about it at all.  Only a total twat like Ed would think this is good for the front page.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Nodrog said:

Ed, sometimes you're a complete fuckin' cockwomble....

A few articles down is a fantastic article about all that is great about this sport we love, (uncredible- Bics) and then at the top is the perfect example about all that is wrong. Would those kids do acrobatics on their Bics aspire to be treated like you've just treated our 'scotw'. 

For fucks sake, you fuckin' idiot....

twat

why such a pussy?

1 hour ago, Swimsailor said:

She didn't make the choice to have her crotch blasted all over the internet.  That was Scooter's choice.  

only a douche like you would make a factually incorrect statement. there is no crotch. her crotch is covered in a bikini bottom. oh, the horror...

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, duncan (the other one) said:

you made me look at the front page.

Maybe the lady should be a bit more discerning in her choice of sailing attire. Possibly a set of wetsuit shorts.

Maybe the aging frat-boy running this place should think a bit before he posts invasive images like that just for his own yucks.  

2 minutes ago, Editor said:

only a douche like you would make a factually incorrect statement. there is no crotch. her crotch is covered in a bikini bottom. oh, the horror...

Oh Boy......crotch is a region of the body clothed or uncovered....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Editor said:

why such a pussy?

Said he, compounding and illustrating the problem.  You and the pussy-grabber, eh?  Teammates in the sexist olympic games

24 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

the difference between those photos and the girl is that the former chose to pose as such..   I don't believe the young gal would think that a photographer (paparazzi are lower than lawyers imho) , would shove a telephoto lens up her crotch...

Understood. I won’t be looking for the pic and I avoid the front page. Nothing against it, just general Sailing news...

watch a FP story reporting the latest obscene ecological ass fuck and watch all the whiners forget about it as soon as they see it. get your fkn' priorities in order, and act accordingly.

4 minutes ago, Editor said:

Then why did you post it?  Because of the spectacular "gymnastics".  Yeah right.  

Blonde, OK never heard of the word monokini, figured it is a one piece bathing suit. Googled it and turns out the original monokini was a topless one piece bathing suit designed in the 60's. I was like WHAT!? :lol: Kinda weird looking by todays standards but I am sure it was quite the thing back in the day!

Learn something new everyday.

OK hijack over...

3 minutes ago, Hobie Dog said:

Blonde, OK never heard of the word monokini, figured it is a one piece bathing suit. Googled it and turns out the original monokini was a topless one piece bathing suit designed in the 60's. I was like WHAT!? :lol: Kinda weird looking by todays standards but I am sure it was quite the thing back in the day!

Learn something new everyday.

OK hijack over...

That's a new fact for me, too! I've only ever known it as a one piece with the sides cut out! 

15 minutes ago, Editor said:

How did that last lawsuit where you played semantic games go for ya?  Jesus.  Some people never learn.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlondeWithFreeBoat said:

That's a new fact for me, too! I've only ever known it as a one piece with the sides cut out! 

Well I read it on Wikipedia so it must be true! LOL

After the initial shock value, I actually found myself surprisingly curious about the actual circumstances of the photo...

- What kind of boat is that?

- What's going on?  My guess is that she had capsized and is getting back in after righting it?

- What's up with the mark?  Looks to me like maybe it's a leeward mark (wind angle further aft than main trim would imply, if I'm right).  Maybe she was approaching the mark on starboard, gybed on final approach, shanked the gybe and capsized short of the mark, hooked it with her rudder at some point, righted it with the rudder still hooked, and then climbed in on starboard.

- What next?  If my theory is correct, she'll need to get her rudder unhooked from the mark, do a 360, unwind from having passed to the wrong side of it, round it properly, and then resume racing.  Royal pain.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

After the initial shock value, I actually found myself surprisingly curious about the actual circumstances of the photo...

If it was titled "even the worst day sailing is better than..." the conversation might have gone to a more positive place. Under "SCOTW" it's hard to ignore the sexism.

The skipper seems modestly dressed to me. She's wearing a rash guard and a life jacket. I'm not sure about the particulars of her suit but from that angle even a standard pool one piece is going to be unflatteringly revealing.  A guy with his shorts riding up would look pretty damn silly from that angle, too. Any person would need a robustly self-depreciating humor to be happy to be photographed like that. I don't know the person in question but, absent her permission, it's cruel to post this pic.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, BlondeWithFreeBoat said:

Google

Image result for monokini

Rasp, that is a Rudi Gernreich design and I believe that lovely pair is French.

And this thread is exactly why....,

Fuck I love this place!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, USA 5184 said:

Bullshit...  What world are u living in??

2 hours ago, BlondeWithFreeBoat said:

3c6df0d4b4fb9e355b0ab51f14af09a1.jpg

Take it Down! I like Tits and Ass as much as the next guy, and loved the series of sexy ads posted recently, but that photo crosses the line. Its one thing to post a photo of a scantly clad hottie, but catching a girl in an extremely unfaltering pose, while doing something we all love, is just bullshit. 

Do you think she's gonna be excited to go out sailing again? How about all the other girls and women that read the front page? 

Ed, your an influential guy. Do you think posting this photo will help attract girls to the sport? If you're answer is 'no', then, take it down before any more damage is done.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kinardly said:

God, I am so encouraged by the majority of these posts! Looking at the  photo my reaction was how devastated that young girl must feel if she sees the pic on SA and I expected, logging onto this thread, that I'd be the only one. SA frequenters actually have some taste! Who knew?

Rest assured, the vast majority of us dirty old sailors know the difference between right and wrong. 

Scot chose to be a disgusting pervert in the name of clickbait.  I can’t help but wonder how these particular advertisers feel about being associated with this screenshot?  I’d be mad as hell.

9708D4C2-A448-4BD2-ACA7-CF9075B791F3.jpeg

• Like 4

Seriously Ed, she is someone’s daughter, and may be under age.

This sort of thing could lead to long term damage.

Don't this that poor girl in underage and I think she knew exactly what she was doing! 

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and water

Furthermore the photographer is a woman and the sailor girl approved the photo for some sort of commercial advertisement! 

That doesn't change that its use on the SA Front Page should be excused.

35 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Furthermore the photographer is a woman and the sailor girl approved the photo for some sort of commercial advertisement! 

I don't see how the photographer being a woman makes any difference. If the sailor approved the photo I think that makes all the difference. There is a lot going on in the photo. Some of it amusing in a boat with its spinnaker wrapped around a navaid kinda way. When it's a choice between laughing and crying... However, posting it under SCOTW is tone-deaf at best. Fuck-ups transcend gender.

• Like 4

What's next? Underskirt Anarchy? Maybe Yacht Club Bathroomstall Anarchy?.

Regardless of permissions granted, it's whose asking for the permission (or not asking) that reveals true character.

Reminds me of an old school yard joke. 'He's a real Don Juan with women...they Don Juan to have anything to do with him.'

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, silent bob said:

Related to Antony?

Drop the mike!

I’d be horrified if I were a respectable company and my ad showed up next to that. Hey West Systems, is this really the image you want?  You’re a family business that we all love. 

4 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Don't this that poor girl in underage and I think she knew exactly what she was doing! 

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and water

That doesn't change that its use on the SA Front Page should be excused.

Regardless of Ed's high-school antics; when you dress like that - you're asking, nay demanding, that sort of attention

1 minute ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Regardless of Ed's high-school antics; when you dress like that - you're asking, nay demanding, that sort of attention

Here is the Ed's opportunity to make up from the same regatta and same photographer. At least she is an equal opportunity voyeur.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, ocean, outdoor and water

He is just asking for it...

5 hours ago, VWAP said:

3c6df0d4b4fb9e355b0ab51f14af09a1.jpg

What filthy hussies, showing all that flesh. I'm offended.

As to the FP SCOTW, what a fuckin dumb move to put that there.

25 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Paging Todd Aitkin

26 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

He is just asking for it...

Showing an unfortunate amount of ear. And that outfit. Darling! It just screams "stew bum moderne". If only he hadn't ruined it by shaving. 

5 hours ago, Pokey uh da LBC said:

I like Tits and Ass as much as the next guy,   

Danniella-Levy-big-tits-in-bikini-0-850x

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you sure...

am7Z3AX_700b.jpg.1f53fbf46b2d854567e69f01a6c9d210.jpg

Now we have a stalker 

I asked my wife whether it is offensive or not (I get so confused nowadays when to be offended) and her reply was 'if I had an ass like that I wouldn't care who took a pic of it. Better to be looked over than overlooked' so there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alcatraz5768 said:

I asked my wife whether it is offensive or not (I get so confused nowadays when to be offended) and her reply was 'if I had an ass like that I wouldn't care who took a pic of it. Better to be looked over than overlooked' so there. 

One of Mae West's best oneliners!

Cheers,

Jim B)

'Tis funny how women react to this stuff. My mates wife hates being wolfwhistled and "I'm not a fucking dog" is her response. My wife however loves it and can be heard to say "Ive still got it". 

• Like 1

Different women, different personalities. Go figure...

5 hours ago, olaf hart said:

Seriously Ed, she is someone’s daughter, and may be under age.

This sort of thing could lead to long term damage.

Oh for fuck's sake!

Allison Stokke was in high school when this famous photo went around the internet about 3-trillion times.
She survived.
allison-stokke-10.jpg.738b4533f13d6427b222c9fd0a18c286.jpg

roger that s'else.  like i said.

From the smokey waters of Desolation Sound in BC, Canada.

respectfully,

the zm...

• Like 1

You can zoom in pretty far and it stays in focus. Go ahead, try it. What's that you say, you already did. I thought so.