Anyone out there have a good recommendation for sailing shoes on a 36 foot boat? i am mostly doing racing and since i wore out my dinghy booties on that pesky all grip ;)

Soft Science.  Bought a pair, love them, so bought another pair to keep on the boat.  Extremely comfortable, don’t absorb water.

https://www.softscience.com/?keyword=soft science shoes&gclid=Cj0KCQjwquTbBRCSARIsADzW88xCBd-PtxF75X0t8BAVKqIDDz4xcyatFC3_GrEl2EbyaYanOXe6Wh8aAvbKEALw_wcB

I bought a pair of these on the recommendation of an SA'er (maybe Ish?) and I like them. Light, good grip, fast drying, cheap. Not even ugly by Crocs standards...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYA8SDO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

EDIT: I found they run about a half size small.

i was going to buy a pair of the WM seacoast brand watershoes recommended around here recently and found a pair of SIMMS watershoes on clearance in my size... the sole and uppers are 100 x better then the seacoast,     the soles are very sticky which i needed jumping around on wet teak and mahogany , I was slipping too much with cheap boat shoes and injuring myself.

11106-040-currents-shoe-smoke_s18.jpg

Astral Brewer $110; Sam Hubbard $245; Sperry CVO Sneaker $60

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, Haligonian Winterr said:

+1

+1.

Wear 'em with scuba socks if you plan on sailing in wet/cold weather. 

On 8/19/2018 at 8:35 AM, Peenstone said:

Soft Science.  Bought a pair, love them, so bought another pair to keep on the boat.  Extremely comfortable, don’t absorb water.

https://www.softscience.com/?keyword=soft science shoes&gclid=Cj0KCQjwquTbBRCSARIsADzW88xCBd-PtxF75X0t8BAVKqIDDz4xcyatFC3_GrEl2EbyaYanOXe6Wh8aAvbKEALw_wcB

Do these run big or small relative to the sizes?

I like Circa skateboard shoes. But onmy on boats over 40'  dont think they woukd work on a 36' ;)

• Like 1

They run wide.  Length is accurate, size is deliberately wide.

21 minutes ago, Peenstone said:

They run wide.  Length is accurate, size is deliberately wide.

Cool, thanks. Wide is good as they will nicely accommodate my aging arthritic toes. 

Are there any of the sailing brands that make a wide fitting sailing shoe? I wear EE runners and all the brands seem to just make regular widths?

On 8/19/2018 at 1:04 PM, IStream said:

Not even ugly by Crocs standards...

Hmmm... this requires some thought.-_-

1 hour ago, Bull City said:
On 8/19/2018 at 10:04 AM, IStream said:

Not even ugly by Crocs standards...

Hmmm... this requires some thought.-_-

I agree that "not ugly" and Crocs in the same sentence is confusing. Let me diagram it:

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdnc.lystit.com%2F1200%2F630%2Ftr%2Fphotos%2Famazon%2Fa2be4436%2FcrocsTM-WalnutSmoke-Beach-Line-Boat-Shoe.jpeg&sp=7ff73abb75b3ccb58ce514f394dc2ae0

^^ Kind of a Tommy Bahama look in front, and Crocs in the back.

I got a pair of these for a nephew's wedding in New Orleans. Very comfortable. Good for dancing, but not too slippery.

image.png.ca8e80a5f83c1e1f94dae02477b371dd.png

On 10/8/2018 at 7:14 AM, Why is it so said:

Are there any of the sailing brands that make a wide fitting sailing shoe? I wear EE runners and all the brands seem to just make regular widths?

Dubarry make some sailing boots in wide - not sure about their shoes

These are really popular amongst the yachties in my Oz Club.  And they leave a charming 'kitten whisker' tan pattern!  :-)

https://www.kroten.com.au/product/acs-mens-gybe2/

I recently bought a pair of HH Hydropower, after coveting them for a loooong time (it's a chick thing).  I'm glad I bought them on sale cos the first time I wore them, I was doing my do, slipped, and landed flat on my arse.  I don't dare wear them sailing unless the boat is flat and/or dry (ie, never). 

Back to the ACs it was!  And I wear the HHs to keep the ACs solely for when the boat leaves the pen.

I also had a pair of Chatham boat shoes I got for $40, and they were great - grippy up the front in the wet, but looked dressy enough to wear around...but after one embarrassing return (where there wouldn't have been a boat big enough to escape the smell), I decided it was time to burn them.

A lot of the guys swear by Dunlop Volleys.  A bloke I do foredeck with wears a KMart Converse copy, and says they're brilliant.