Pukka

Grrrr.......International gave me bad advice

Recommended Posts

Copper epoxy too much trouble to maintain so decided to try a flagship proprietry AF.

Decided on Micron 66.

Advice of Rep was abraid coppercoat with 120 and 2x interprotect.--Done

1x coat International Ultra 2 contrast colour for guide coat on when to recoat.- done

2x Micron 66......NOT DONE as it is frying the Ultra......FARK!

Tried @ one day....fry, @3days.....Fry.

Called out the tech guys, "You.ll have to wait for summer".

WTF? ......exit $1700 of paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God that sux. you need to either go higher or lower than the International salesman, his boss, or his actual paint guy to get the actual knowledge you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing is so convoluted as the US version of Ultra must be separated from M66 with primercon.

But tech guys here maintain the NZ version (altered owing to our EPA) is ok with M66 as long as it is fully cured. I've a mind to stick a test sample in and accelerated curing environment and see if they are bullshitting. Irrespective, the fuckers set me up to shoot my foot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 8/20/2018 at 3:11 PM, Pukka said:

Copper epoxy too much trouble

Sorry to digress, but would you care to elaborate? Which ‘copper epoxy?’ What trouble?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind was diy  west 105 & 2kg 300mesh copper/liter.

Need a severe sand/ burnish every year to remain effective.

Yeah, I know, shoulda been water based bla, bla.....

Actually mine should have been 3 kg/ liter as had no solvent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keep a record and talk to them. Recreational is probably about 5% of their business but they all hate bad publicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, all good Burnsco/azkonobel sorted it.
Cheers guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 7:28 PM, Pukka said:

Yep, all good Burnsco/azkonobel sorted it.
Cheers guys.

What was the solution so others know for the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MY solution was to abort putting on Micron 66 and put additional coats of Ultra 2 on.

I got a refund on the Micron 66.

Not what I'd planned, but better than paying hardstand fees and sitting on my hands.

I will not be putting on International AF in future unless I have a controlled environment.

Definitely won't be applying different AF's  in one haulout.

YMMV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now