Sign in to follow this  
toad

Only the Best People

Mixing Money and Politics-what could possibly go wrong.

Quickly goes from .....for the people by the people...... to......... we're fucking the people and loving it.

Only the best people at what?

Nixon had Spiro Agnew.  Trump has how many Agnews?

40 minutes ago, Amati said:

Only the best people at what?

Nixon had Spiro Agnew.  Trump has how many Agnews?

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, RKoch said:

image.jpeg

So far! :lol:

By the time this whole sad mess grinds to an end, that list will be pages long.

Hopefully Donald J Fuckwit will have his day(s) in court too. AFAIK no American president has done jail time before. It would be lovely poetic justice for Donnie to get locked up with a very large black cellmate.

It's not right to hope that a guy spends the rest of his life getting fucked by a cellmate.

It IS right to hope that a guy that broke the law gets prosecuted and punished according to the law.

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

It's not right to hope that a guy spends the rest of his life getting fucked by a cellmate.

It IS right to hope that a guy that broke the law gets prosecuted and punished according to the law.

Who said anything about getting sodomised by a cellmate?

For Trump, having to mingle with the folk he lied to will be enough. Think of it as him having to eat bad oysters.

• Like 1

Begs the question if he goes to the big house does he still get Secret Service Protection?

He might need it, in which case will they supply lube?

4 hours ago, Mike G said:

Would it be wrong to hope that Roger Stone is given due process, and ends up with a giant cellmate who flies into a violent sexual rage at the sight of Richard Nixon?  I might be a little bit wrong on that front....

Best people. 

Donald J. Trump

1h

If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!

8 hours ago, Happy said:

Hopefully Donald J Fuckwit will have his day(s) in court too. AFAIK no American president has done jail time before. It would be lovely poetic justice for Donnie to get locked up with a very large black cellmate.

There is a double standard, and Trump will never spend a day in jail, even if he deserves to. Jail time is for the help.  Most people would be happy just to see Trump frog-marched out of the WH. 

42 minutes ago, Sean said:

Best people. 

Donald J. Trump

1h

If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!

I was sure that was fake, so I went to his Twitter feed.  Nope, it's real -

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 11.18.13 AM.png

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, Mike G said:

Like a lot of things in life, it's not right, but it does give you a brief happy glow. It's only a dream, but it's a good dream..….

On 8/22/2018 at 10:36 AM, Shortforbob said:

Who said anything about getting sodomised by a cellmate?

For Trump, having to mingle with the folk he lied to will be enough. Think of it as him having to eat bad oysters.

Can’t imagine Trumps culinary tastes run to Oysters, more likely a very well done steak with ketchup. 

20 hours ago, RKoch said:

There is a double standard, and Trump will never spend a day in jail, even if he deserves to. Jail time is for the help.  Most people would be happy just to see Trump frog-marched out of the WH. 

There are exceptions like Madoff, but they tend to be of one genre. It’s alright or even expected for the Best Americans to rob the poor. They exist to be robbed. What gets people locked up is robbing the rich or otherwise doing anything to disturbed our feudal system. 

No way he sees the inside of a cell. 

15 minutes ago, mad said:

Can’t imagine Trumps culinary tastes run to Oysters, more likely a very well done steak with ketchup. 

oysters..my euphemism for trumpetts and apologies to Lewis Carroll 

From Dan Rather:

"Lincoln - Team of Rivals"

"Trump - Flock of Felons"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There are exceptions like Madoff, but they tend to be of one genre. It’s alright or even expected for the Best Americans to rob the poor. They exist to be robbed. What gets people locked up is robbing the rich or otherwise doing anything to disturbed our feudal system. 

No way he sees the inside of a cell. 

Trump never made it into the "Best Americans" category.  He was always just a cheap suit from Queens.  

Many people are saying he is at risk from many directions.  Don't forget the harassment suits, the Foundation suits, the emolument suits, the Scottish suits, etc.  Unlike the ones he wears, none of those are cheap suits.  He's been a busy boy.  

22 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Trump never made it into the "Best Americans" category.  He was always just a cheap suit from Queens.  

Many people are saying he is at risk from many directions.  Don't forget the harassment suits, the Foundation suits, the emolument suits, the Scottish suits, etc.  Unlike the ones he wears, none of those are cheap suits.  He's been a busy boy.  

Yea, the attention is currently on Mueller and the SDNY prosecutor, but there are several other on-going investigations and lawsuits. And if Trump doesn't toe the line, he's got to be worried about being served Russian tea. It's enough to give a fat guy a Big Mac-fueled coronary. 

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

He also never made it into the ranks of 'NFL Owner', much as he wanted. 

Thus the tirades about football. Nothing to do with the protests, just more butthurt.

4 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

Thus the tirades about football. Nothing to do with the protests, just more butthurt.

Yep. Actual Best Americans wanted nothing to do with him. Pretty exclusive club. 

40 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

You have to be rich to own an NFL franchise, not just in debt up to a large number.  

And it's a private club.  Who would actually invite a Donald Trump to join their club?  

58 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

You have to be rich to own an NFL franchise, not just in debt up to a large number.  

And it's a private club.  Who would actually invite a Donald Trump to join their club?  

Vladimir.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Vladimir.

No, Vladimir would hire Trump, maybe as a procurer or coffee boy, but not ever confer membership status to him.  That's for equals, not debt-ridden flunkies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RKoch said:

Yea, the attention is currently on Mueller and the SDNY prosecutor, but there are several other on-going investigations and lawsuits. And if Trump doesn't toe the line, he's got to be worried about being served Russian tea. It's enough to give a fat guy a Big Mac-fueled coronary. 

These cases have got be wracking up some serious legal bills, especially the way he chops and change legal teams.

Just when you thought they couldn't be any more cunty, one of the best people chucks his wife under the bus

Congressman Duncan Hunter blames his corruption indictment on his wife.

Both Republican congressman Duncan Hunter and his wife Margaret Hunter are facing charges of misusing campaign funds. Appearing on Fox News on Thursday night, the lawmaker seemed to blame his spouse for his troubles.

“I’m saying when I went to Iraq in 2003, the first time, I gave her power of attorney and she handled my finances throughout my entire military career and that continued on when I got into Congress,” Hunter said. “Because I’m gone five days a week, I’m home for two.”

In the same interview, Hunter underscored the point. “And she was also the campaign manager,” the lawmaker claimed. “Whatever she did, that will be looked at too, I’m sure. But I didn’t do it. I didn’t spend any money illegally.”

It’s not clear that this line of argument will do him any good, since the indictment specifies that Hunter himself appointed his wife in the campaign manager’s position and kept her their even after he was warned about her spending. “Duncan Hunter installed Margaret Hunter as his paid Campaign Manager despite the protests of his Treasurer and with full knowledge of her long history of misuse of campaign funds, in part because as they discussed the Hunters ‘need[ed] the extra money’ that would come from her salary,” the indictment reads.

I thought only Trump would sink that low.

It's absolutely incredible how low they are setting the bar, Who would have thought it was possible to get it as low as they have currently managed? And they continue to lower it on a daily basis.

As Spock was wont to say "Fascinating".

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I thought only Trump would sink that low.

It's absolutely incredible how low they are setting the bar, Who would have thought it was possible to get it as low as they have currently managed? And they continue to lower it on a daily basis.

As Spock was wont to say "Fascinating".

Some of the clowns are so incompetent that they trip over the foul line

On 8/23/2018 at 11:30 AM, Kirwan said:

From Dan Rather:

"Lincoln - Team of Rivals"

"Trump - Flock of Felons"

Trump- Flock of Seagulls

Well he's got the haircut

image.png.eceee99bccec585c52747764228d4de8.png

And we're seeing the old adage come to life: "There is no honor among thieves."

Trump is a crook, and leads like a mob boss.  He hires other crooks to do crooked things for him.  

Now those crooks are getting some heat doing what crooks do: Throwing the other crooks under the bus to save their own ass. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2018 at 6:16 AM, mad said:

He already does that...

But he prefers a good Big Mac.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

In a few months he is going to be served (t)rump roast

Who knows? Maybe she will be terrific -

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-to-nominate-handbag-designer-as-ambassador-to-south-africa-1542241230

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON—President Trump intends to nominate Lana Marks, a Palm Beach, Fla.-based handbag designer and a member of Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club resort, to serve as the U.S. ambassador to South Africa.

16 minutes ago, Sean said:

Who knows? Maybe she will be terrific -

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-to-nominate-handbag-designer-as-ambassador-to-south-africa-1542241230

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON—President Trump intends to nominate Lana Marks, a Palm Beach, Fla.-based handbag designer and a member of Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club resort, to serve as the U.S. ambassador to South Africa.

What qualifications would we expect, besides being a handbag designer?  I mean, given the way this Administration operates.

On 8/26/2018 at 1:10 PM, SloopJonB said:

Oxymoron

30 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What qualifications would we expect, besides being a handbag designer?  I mean, given the way this Administration operates.

Coming from South Africa?

32 minutes ago, Dog said:

Coming from South Africa?

Is being from that country a qualification for all Ambassadorships?  Or, just this one?

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Is being from that country a qualification for all Ambassadorships?  Or, just this one?

Yes, of course it's a qualification. Doesn't make a candidate is qualified any more than designing handbags makes a candidate unqualified.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yes, of course it's a qualification. Doesn't make a candidate is qualified any more than designing handbags makes a candidate unqualified.

Then, I guess I will find more than a few people listed here to hail from the country to which they've been assigned, right?

I have a hunch very few will have that "qualification".  

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Then, I guess I will find more than a few people listed here to hail from the country to which they've been assigned, right?

I suspect your right. Ambassadorships are typically handed out as rewards for political patronage.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

I suspect your right. Ambassadorships are typically handed out as rewards for political patronage.

which is why it's refreshing to hand them out for personal patronage. Trump is the state after all, right?

On 8/23/2018 at 4:57 AM, Happy said:

Like a lot of things in life, it's not right, but it does give you a brief happy glow. It's only a dream, but it's a good dream..….

You are fucked in the head.  When another lib tells you you’ve gone too far, you’ve gone too far.  I could wish something horrible on you, but I’m not sad piece of shit like you are, with nothing better to do than post about the politics of a country half a world away from you.

Ass clown

11 minutes ago, J28 said:

You are fucked in the head.  When another lib tells you you’ve gone too far, you’ve gone too far.  I could wish something horrible on you, but I’m not sad piece of shit like you are, with nothing better to do than post about the politics of a country half a world away from you.

Ass clown

world class self-own from asshole28.

On 8/22/2018 at 2:38 AM, Happy said:

Just like Ford did with Nixon, Pence will pardon him. 

2 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

Just like Ford did with Nixon, Pence will pardon him. 

After we find out what it is he's guilty of.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Did Ford wait until Nixon was found guilty?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

I did not say he was guilty of anything I merely saying if he is looking at jail for something he did. he will get a get out of jail card. 

Don't parse my words to support your prejudices.

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Lock him up!

sentence precedes the conviction!

That only applies to Democrats.  Well, maybe just Hillary.

15 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

I did not say he was guilty of anything I merely saying if he is looking at jail for something he did. he will get a get out of jail card. 

Don't parse my words to support your prejudices.

Excuse me. When you said Pence will pardon him I thought it would be for something he was guilty of.

That only applies to Democrats.  Well, maybe just Hillary.

Tell that to justice Kavanaugh.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Excuse me. When you said Pence will pardon him I thought it would be for something he was guilty of.

Nixon was pardoned without being indicted so formally never charged so no admission of guilt.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Tell that to justice Kavanaugh.

I don't recall a chorus of "Lock him up!"  I do recall calls for a comprehensive investigation that included actual witnesses.  That didn't happen.

15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I don't recall a chorus of "Lock him up!"  I do recall calls for a comprehensive investigation that included actual witnesses.  That didn't happen.

Do you recall a chorus of "We believe survivors"? There are no witnesses nor is there a scrap of evidence to support any of the accusations.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

This one should the leave the accusations to someone who is not themselves corrupt and just do her job.

Really? Do tell.

Just now, bhyde said:

Really? Do tell.

She falsely claimed to be native American to reap the benefits of minority status.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

She falsely claimed to be native American to reap the benefits of minority status.

Seriously? You're going with the Pocahontas thing? That is beyond laughable in this context.

2 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Seriously? You're going with the Pocahontas thing? That is beyond laughable in this context.

I didn't mention Pocahontas. I cited her claiming minority status that she does not have to advance her career.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

I didn't mention Pocahontas. I cited her claiming minority status that she does not have to advance her career.

Like said, laughable. Over and out.

56 minutes ago, VOA said:

Whataboutism is a tool when you want it to be. You are quite the hypocrite, aren't you.

Pointing out the flaw in his logic is not whataboutism. 

But, you go on applying that salve to your butthurt. 

I'm beginning to wonder if this Administration is having trouble finding *any* candidates to fill the various positions. 

It seems pretty clear that a job in this White House is political career suicide, and who wants to end up as the next punchline? 

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I'm sure she's more qualified to be Ambassador of SA more than Devos is qualified to be  Sec. of Ed. 

20 minutes ago, dacapo said:

I'm sure she's more qualified to be Ambassador of SA more than Devos is qualified to be  Sec. of Ed. 

If you set the bar low enough....

If you set the bar low enough....

You could clamp the bar to the floor and they’d still slither underneath.  That’s the real problem now. 

10 hours ago, Dog said:

qualification: (noun)

a quality or accomplishment that makes someone suitable for a particular job or activity.

How exactly is being born in a country, educated in another, and then making one's fortune in a third a "quality or accomplishment" that makes someone suitable for ambassadorship? Seriously, I'd like to know what special attributes are endowed in a person's birth that remain after leaving said country before they start high school. What little remains of her childhood accent is limey for crying out loud. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, mad said:

You could clamp the bar to the floor and they’d still slither underneath.  That’s the real problem now. 

So incompetent they trip over the foul line.

14 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Oxymoron

True - I was not using "good" that way though - more along the lines of "a good kick in the ass" or "a good beating".

13 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

world class self-own from asshole28.

He's not very self aware is he?

" I’m not sad piece of shit "

Or very grammatical for that matter.

This whole story has me pissed off all over again that they never made Palin the Ambassador to Canada.

Damn that would have been fun.

Can a country reject another country's Ambassadorial appointments from the get-go?

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

This whole story has me pissed off all over again that they never made Palin the Ambassador to Canada.

Can a country reject another country's Ambassadorial appointments from the get-go?

Yes, diplomats must be accredited by the receiving country. On occasion, a country will find another country’s choice to be so objectionable that accreditation will be refused.

Once accredited, a diplomat could be declared persona non grata and expelled by the receiving country. This may happen in cases of serious crime or espionage being committed by a diplomat.

https://www.quora.com/Can-a-country-refuse-to-accept-a-new-ambassador-from-another-country

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Yes, simply by designating the person persona not grata, but that would not be diplomatic. A appointing Justin Bieber as the Canadian Ambassador to the US in response would be.  

4 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Yes, simply by designating the person persona not grata, but that would not be diplomatic. A appointing Justin Bieber as the Canadian Ambassador to the US in response would be.  

I think Neil Young would be a much better choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mid said:

DugPkEHV4AUQN_R.jpg:large

That needs to be interactive, so you can put red boxes around the current indictees.

But frickin Steve Miller is somehow still there!

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

But frickin Steve Miller is somehow still there!

That's Stephen Miller, and he's actually best thought of as simply "undead".  Along with Pence.

That guy has the deadest eyes since Ted Bundy.

Tell me it's not a natural.

image.png.f8a05f0cafc91064f9c96784b954fa15.png

I didn't know Popeil still sold the stuff.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That guy has the deadest eyes since Ted Bundy.

Tell me it's not a natural.

image.png.f8a05f0cafc91064f9c96784b954fa15.png

He is one crazy-eyed fucker at the best of times, the uniform suits.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:17 AM, Ishmael said:

I think Neil Young would be a much better choice.

Alex Trebek:

"Mr. President, I'm sorry, but you do not get that point. You have to answer in the form of a question"....

Tump: "A what?"

AT: "No Mr. President you need to answer in the form of a question, as in "What is a 'What'"....

Trump: "What?"

AT: Next category please!