Sign in to follow this  
toad

Only the Best People

Recommended Posts

Only the best -

Trump Chooses David Bernhardt, a Former Oil Lobbyist, to Head the Interior Dept.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/climate/david-bernhardt-interior-zinke.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday announced he would nominate David Bernhardt, a former oil lobbyist and current deputy chief of the Interior Department, to succeed Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who resigned amid allegations of ethical missteps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sean said:

Only the best -

Trump Chooses David Bernhardt, a Former Oil Lobbyist, to Head the Interior Dept.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/climate/david-bernhardt-interior-zinke.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday announced he would nominate David Bernhardt, a former oil lobbyist and current deputy chief of the Interior Department, to succeed Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who resigned amid allegations of ethical missteps.

Well, if anyone needs help in finding a swamp, he should really help.  All he has to do is lie back and holler:

"Over here".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the Red Queen would step out from behind the curtain and get this shit over with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

999!

https://www.axios.com/trump-wants-herman-cain-federal-reserve-4b497361-d12a-4c5a-a2db-28ffe1d36b58.html

Excerpt -

President Trump has told confidants he wants Herman Cain on the Federal Reserve board, but will wait until his background check is completed before making the formal announcement, according to two senior administration officials familiar with the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sean said:

999!

https://www.axios.com/trump-wants-herman-cain-federal-reserve-4b497361-d12a-4c5a-a2db-28ffe1d36b58.html

Excerpt -

President Trump has told confidants he wants Herman Cain on the Federal Reserve board, but will wait until his background check is completed before making the formal announcement, according to two senior administration officials familiar with the decision.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 1:41 PM, Sean said:

Only the best -

Trump Chooses David Bernhardt, a Former Oil Lobbyist, to Head the Interior Dept.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/climate/david-bernhardt-interior-zinke.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday announced he would nominate David Bernhardt, a former oil lobbyist and current deputy chief of the Interior Department, to succeed Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who resigned amid allegations of ethical missteps.

swamp_monster_bernhardt.jpg?itok=CreBVME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mark K said:
On 2/4/2019 at 4:41 PM, Sean said:

Only the best -

Trump Chooses David Bernhardt, a Former Oil Lobbyist, to Head the Interior Dept.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/climate/david-bernhardt-interior-zinke.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday announced he would nominate David Bernhardt, a former oil lobbyist and current deputy chief of the Interior Department, to succeed Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who resigned amid allegations of ethical missteps.

swamp_monster_bernhardt.jpg?itok=CreBVME

Love the Swamp Creature photobomb.  In any other day and time, that photo would be called fake.  Strange days, indeed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sean said:

999!

https://www.axios.com/trump-wants-herman-cain-federal-reserve-4b497361-d12a-4c5a-a2db-28ffe1d36b58.html

Excerpt -

President Trump has told confidants he wants Herman Cain on the Federal Reserve board, but will wait until his background check is completed before making the formal announcement, according to two senior administration officials familiar with the decision.

 

When I saw that, I was flabbergasted.  I went over to Wikipedia and looked up Cain's background fully expecting an unqualified yutz.. 

"Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991.[10] He was deputy chairman, from 1992 to 1994, and chairman, from 1995 to 1996, of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.[10] "

He actually has experience!  WTF?  I don't really think he's a particularly good pick - his stint was 20 years ago - but he's a hell of a lot more qualified than Steven Moore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

 

When I saw that, I was flabbergasted.  I went over to Wikipedia and looked up Cain's background fully expecting an unqualified yutz.. 

"Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991.[10] He was deputy chairman, from 1992 to 1994, and chairman, from 1995 to 1996, of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.[10] "

He actually has experience!  WTF?  I don't really think he's a particularly good pick - his stint was 20 years ago - but he's a hell of a lot more qualified than Steven Moore.

 

Yep, he's actually a pretty smart and capable fellow..... egomaniac of course, and a little weird, but overall a stellar pick for this administration.

-DSK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cmilliken said:

 

When I saw that, I was flabbergasted.  I went over to Wikipedia and looked up Cain's background fully expecting an unqualified yutz.. 

"Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991.[10] He was deputy chairman, from 1992 to 1994, and chairman, from 1995 to 1996, of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.[10] "

He actually has experience!  WTF?  I don't really think he's a particularly good pick - his stint was 20 years ago - but he's a hell of a lot more qualified than Steven Moore.

 

No.  That a mostly ceremonial role and it has nothing to do with monetary policy.  This fuckwit is a clown who advocates the gold standard and 999 which in addition to being a stupid tax plan is a poor attempt to mask the mark of the beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The very best -

Interior Dept. Opens Ethics Investigation of Its New Chief, David Bernhardt

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/climate/bernhardt-interior-department-ethics-investigation.html

Excerpt -

Eight senators, all Democrats, and four government ethics watchdog groups have requested that the Interior Department’s inspector general open formal investigations into various aspects of Mr. Bernhardt’s conduct. Among the chief complaints have been allegations, revealed by three separate New York Times investigations, that Mr. Bernhardt used his position to advance a policy pushed by his former lobbying client; that he continued working as a lobbyist after filing legal paperwork declaring that he had ceased lobbying; and that he intervened to block the release of a scientific report showing the harmful effects of a chemical pesticide on certain endangered species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is a first class douchebag -

A Would-Be Trump Aide’s Demands: A Jet on Call, a Future Cabinet Post and More

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/20/us/politics/kris-kobach-trump.html

Excerpt -

Kris Kobach’s Conditions for Becoming Immigration Czar

Mr. Kobach submitted the following list of demands during discussions for an administration post.

  • 1. Office in the West Wing.
  • 2. Walk-in privileges with the president.
  • 3. Assistant to the President rank - at highest pay level for WH senior staff.
  • 4. Staff of 7 people (2 attorneys, 2 research analysts, 1 scheduler, 1 media person, 1 assistant).
  • 5. POTUS sits down individually with Czar and the secretaries of Homeland Security, Defense, Justice, Ag, Interior, and Commerce, and tells each of the Secretaries to follow the directives of the Czar without delay, subject to appeal to the President in cases of disagreement.
  • 6. 24/7 access to either a DHS or DOD jet. Czar must be on the border every week.
  • 7. Ability to spend weekends in KS with family on way from border back to DC, unless POTUS needs Czar elsewhere.
  • 8. Security detail if deemed necessary after security review.
  • 9. Serve as the face of Trump immigration policy - the principal spokesman on television and in the media.
  • 10. Promise that by November 1, 2019, the president will nominate Kris Kobach to be DHS Secretary, unless Kobach wishes to continue in Czar position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody else find it ironic he is already referring to himself as "Czar" given the Russian meddling that's been so pervasive in this, the best administration ever.:rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most corrupt administration, top to bottom, in US history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a time when a Czar was the creation of the (D)evil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note the absence of the local Reich on this thread. .  

kinda refreshing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now the news media is going to focus on the misunderstanding of the word/sentence, and not the part about Carson being unfit for the job.

Oreo jokes all around, fuckers.

THAT is one of the problems with the media these days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the story reports that he guessed at the phrase getting as far as real estate.... but not the owned.  That would indicate his ineptness IMHO given his job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Well the story reports that he guessed at the phrase getting as far as real estate.... but not the owned.  That would indicate his ineptness IMHO given his job.

Ya think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike G said:

So now the news media is going to focus on the misunderstanding of the word/sentence, and not the part about Carson being unfit for the job.

It's the leftwing bias of the media :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 3:47 PM, Sean said:

This guy is a first class douchebag -

A Would-Be Trump Aide’s Demands: A Jet on Call, a Future Cabinet Post and More

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/20/us/politics/kris-kobach-trump.html

Excerpt -

Kris Kobach’s Conditions for Becoming Immigration Czar

Mr. Kobach submitted the following list of demands during discussions for an administration post.

  • 1. Office in the West Wing.
  • 2. Walk-in privileges with the president.
  • 3. Assistant to the President rank - at highest pay level for WH senior staff.
  • 4. Staff of 7 people (2 attorneys, 2 research analysts, 1 scheduler, 1 media person, 1 assistant).
  • 5. POTUS sits down individually with Czar and the secretaries of Homeland Security, Defense, Justice, Ag, Interior, and Commerce, and tells each of the Secretaries to follow the directives of the Czar without delay, subject to appeal to the President in cases of disagreement.
  • 6. 24/7 access to either a DHS or DOD jet. Czar must be on the border every week.
  • 7. Ability to spend weekends in KS with family on way from border back to DC, unless POTUS needs Czar elsewhere.
  • 8. Security detail if deemed necessary after security review.
  • 9. Serve as the face of Trump immigration policy - the principal spokesman on television and in the media.
  • 10. Promise that by November 1, 2019, the president will nominate Kris Kobach to be DHS Secretary, unless Kobach wishes to continue in Czar position.

Well, at least he didn't demand a jar of the scorched earth he left behind in Kansas be given as a welcome gift to each immigrant.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Well, at least he didn't demand a jar of the scorched earth he left behind in Kansas be given as a welcome gift to each immigrant.  

 

Scorched earth is better than lingering municipal debt from dumbass grift inspired policy

https://www.propublica.org/article/kris-kobachs-lucrative-trail-of-courtroom-defeats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Speaking of cabinet members Ben Carson needed to be told REO does not equal Oreo. 

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/watch-a-rep-have-to-explain-to-hud-sec-ben-carson-that-an-reo-is-not-an-oreo-cookie/

I am more than ever convinced that he is some sort of savant.

How else do you explain a neurosurgeon who doubles as a moron?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He took away my ability to sarcasticly say "Its not brain Surgery" to the foredeck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I am more than ever convinced that he is some sort of savant.

How else do you explain a neurosurgeon who doubles as a moron?

I hear he moonlights as a midget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I am more than ever convinced that he is some sort of savant.

How else do you explain a neurosurgeon who doubles as a moron?

He's not a moron, he just has the Doctor's Disease where you think you're so-o smart about medicine, which is of course the only important topic, that you don't need to know anything about any other subject.

You should see doctors trying to manage their investments, or fly airplanes.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, Navig8tor said:

Does anybody else find it ironic he is already referring to himself as "Czar" given the Russian meddling that's been so pervasive in this, the best administration ever.:rolleyes:

That's actually quite funny given who started using that term.  Wasn't he the one who knew about Russian interference happening on his watch and basically did nothing to counter.  Actually thought that telling them to stop would work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

That's actually quite funny given who started using that term.  Wasn't he the one who knew about Russian interference happening on his watch and basically did nothing to counter.  Actually thought that telling them to stop would work. 

It seems the use predates your favourite punching bag.

czar

An unofficial title used to refer to high-ranking executive branch appointments. Czars are usually given responsibility for a specific policy area and do not have to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate. They usually have an official title, but are referred to as czars by the media: For example, the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy is simply known as the drug czar. 

Bernard Baruch, appointed by Woodrow Wilson to head the War Industries Board in 1918, was the first to be called a czar. The usage of the term, only one year after the Russian Revolution, was originally derogatory, although it is less so today.

The term czar was used more frequently in reference to appointed executive branch officials under President Franklin D. Roosevelt during World War II. In 1942, the Washington Postreported on the “executive orders creating new czars to control various aspects of our wartime economy.”

From Political Dictonary.com

It helps to do some research before flinging unsubstantiated bullshit into conversations.

Makes you appear retarded, jus sayin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Fratello is the Czar of the Telestrator, according to Marv Albert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So If anyone has been wondering why Jared Kushner is often seen yet seldom heard 29 of his best and brightest

I couldn't bear to watch the interview on Axios last night nor record it.  Skimming some of the highlights is enough.  You go boy!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

That's actually quite funny given who started using that term.  Wasn't he the one who knew about Russian interference happening on his watch and basically did nothing to counter.  Actually thought that telling them to stop would work. 

Same guy who started using teleprompters, I'll wager. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Be Best

He was also previously convicted of having child porn in 1990

https://www.mediaite.com/print/trump-transition-associate-indicted-by-feds-on-child-porn-charges/

Wait, I thought a felony conviction was a prerequisite for being on a Trump cabinet, is this newer charge because he wants a more senior position?

Asking for a friend:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

That's actually quite funny given who started using that term.  Wasn't he the one who knew about Russian interference happening on his watch and basically did nothing to counter.  Actually thought that telling them to stop would work. 

Woodrow Wilson knew about the Russian interference? Really? Tell me more.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Woodrow Wilson knew about the Russian interference? Really? Tell me more.

GD is a republican they constantly fuck up cause and effect so he's probably thinking the Polar Bear Expedition was Russian interference in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this