Sign in to follow this  
RKoch

Duncan Hunter: "It's a deep-state witch hunt"

LOL! That deserves a thread.

Duncan Hunter Says His Indictment Is Part of a Deep-State Witch Hunt

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/08/duncan-hunter-indictment-campaign-finance-chris-collins/ 

Duncan Hunter, the Republican congressman who was indicted Tuesday for illegally spending more than $250,000 in campaign funds on personal expenses—including family vacations and tickets to Irish dance show Riverdance—told an ABC affiliate station in San Diego on Wednesday that he is a victim of the “new Department of Justice” and “the Democrats’ arm of law enforcement.” 

“It’s happening with [President Donald] Trump and it’s happening with me,” he told 10News before embarking on a fishing trip with a veterans group. “We’re going to fight through it and win and the people get to vote in November…I think they’ve used every dirty trick in the book, so it’ll go to court when they want it to.” 

“It’s politically motivated,” he said. “It’s the last chance they could do this before the election. This is how they want to win the election. It’s easier doing this than actually running for office.” 

Here are some of the wildest purchases the Hunters made with campaign funds, according to the indictment: 

A plane ticket to fly a family member’s rabbit to Washington, DC, for vacation, first reported in early 2017 
A $14,000 family trip to Italy for Thanksgiving in 2015. Hunter tried to arrange a tour of a naval base during the trip in an attempt to justify using campaign money. When he learned that a tour wouldn’t be possible, Hunter allegedly told his chief of staff, “Tell the Navy to go f— themselves.” 
More than $26,600 in family vacation expenses between 2011 and 2015 
More than $3,300 worth of fast food 
Tobacco 
A nearly $2,000 ticket for a Pittsburgh Steelers game 
Video games, a purchase which the Hunters later reported as fraudulent to the Federal Election Commission 
Tickets to the show Riverdance 
School lunches for their children 
Makeup

Unless the Republicans buy him out and get him to resign, he'll get re-elected. Since he'll get re-elected, there's no reason to buy him out. It's an R+11 district which he won with 63.5% of the vote in 2016 and 71.2% in 2014. He's running against someone named Ammar Campa-Najjar. Yes, Hunter's a piece of shit. In fact, he's a bloody stool. But Republicans will vote for the red part.

• Like 2

Just now, Movable Ballast said:

This one's a slam dunk it appears.

political motivation to not sprig the trap till the candidate filings close, yes.

He's GOP.  Rules don't apply.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

political motivation to not sprig the trap till the candidate filings close, yes.

his dumbfuck daddy pressured the GOP not to fund the sane GOP guy who might, with funding, have pushed the D off the ballot.

This is an own goal.

24 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

It's Federal prosecutors so Cheeto's appointed US Attorney must hate Republicans.

• Like 1

Sometimes when you go on a witch hunt you find actual witches---or crooked politicians.

• Like 1

Just now, jerseyguy said:

Sometimes when you go on a witch hunt you find actual witches---or crooked politicians.

Pretty good witch hunt so far.  Is there a bag limit or is it open season?  Sometimes they limit the number of invasive species and sometimes they want to eliminate the threat.  A bounty would be nice.  maybe $10 per red hat.  could be lucrative for the motivated witch hunter.

• Like 1

Swamp witch season!

The rate Muellers going,  its turning out to be a pretty good witch hunt, and with his recent successes he is probably being handed even more toady tidbits by people nervous enough to know better.

He hasn't even had to release the dogs yet, once he does that there will be red feathers everywhere.

Belief me.

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Unless the Republicans buy him out and get him to resign, he'll get re-elected. Since he'll get re-elected, there's no reason to buy him out. It's an R+11 district which he won with 63.5% of the vote in 2016 and 71.2% in 2014. He's running against someone named Ammar Campa-Najjar. Yes, Hunter's a piece of shit. In fact, he's a bloody stool. But Republicans will vote for the red part.

Race was within single digits as of 3 weeks ago. 

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/internal-poll-shows-hunter-challenger-within-single-digits

Next poll may be within MOE.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Olsonist said:

It's Federal prosecutors so Cheeto's appointed US Attorney must hate Republicans.

Not sure it quite as simple as that.

After blaming his wife, I hope that dumbass bought a couch with some of that campaign money. He’s gonna need a place to sleep for a while. 

He dropped by the bar up to three times a day? Twice seems nearly impossible but three times is definitely deep state territory.

35 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

After blaming his wife, I hope that dumbass bought a couch with some of that campaign money. He’s gonna need a place to sleep for a while. 

Nope, I kinda don't think so. Just as R's are gonna vote for him in November, this blame it on the wife thing is a defense tactic for public consumption probably to buy time. That was 3 days ago and we haven't heard jack from her. Here's a hint. She's married to him. How do you stay married to a guy like that if you're not bought in and she was bought into the lifestyle. That bitch ain't going nowhere.

Elected officials are underpaid. Pay is used as a populist wedge so only wealthy people and single childless people can afford to run.

At the US Congress level of 170k per year, that's approaching what a professional couple with kids should be comfortable on but it's certainly not more. Add in silly greedy expenses and you blow through that quickly especially if you have a 3 or 4 grand mortgage.

Three times a day to the bar is some trick. I'm still impressed by that.

I'm still trying to figure out how these guys getting caught breaking the law is a "Witch hunt".....

Next time I get caught stealing a box of chicklettes from the drugstore, can I call it a "witch hunt"?

7 minutes ago, lasal said:

Elected officials are underpaid. Pay is used as a populist wedge so only wealthy people and single childless people can afford to run.

At the US Congress level of 170k per year, that's approaching what a professional couple with kids should be comfortable on but it's certainly not more. Add in silly greedy expenses and you blow through that quickly especially if you have a 3 or 4 grand mortgage.

You think elected officials are underpaid. Their staffs are criminally underpaid. You can read about them here:

https://www.legistorm.com/salaries.html

So why would someone work so hard for so little in a city know for being so expensive? Because they're taking meetings with their future employers, the lobbyists.

Yep. It would be better to pay them a bit more.

For the psycho greed heads like Manafort, there's no solution but prosecution. For bar fly's avoiding work, vote them out!

Just now, lasal said:

Yep. It would be better to pay them a bit more.

For the psycho greed heads like Manafort, there's no solution but prosecution. For bar fly's avoiding work, vote them out!

Paying them more would make zero impact.  They will still suck up to the donors.  

8 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how these guys getting caught breaking the law is a "Witch hunt".....

Next time I get caught stealing a box of chicklettes from the drugstore, can I call it a "witch hunt"?

Are you a witch?

You need to add back campaign finance reform and public funding of campaigns.

1 hour ago, lasal said:

Are you serious?  They spend millions running for an office where they will be underpaid?  I frankly don't disagree but they are spending millions to have the opportunity to be underpaid.  Have them campaign on that to their constituents.  DC is not cheap but that's not my fault. 

1 hour ago, lasal said:

1) I agree with you that Congress is not well paid vis a vis the responsibilities and effort required to do a good job. The staffer situation is even worse and that's where the ladder really favors the children of the wealthy, and you need to be a staffer to rise up the ranks.

2) duncan hunter jr. is a horrible person to choose to make the case congress is underpaid because:

3) A couple with $37,000+ in overdraft fees over a 7 year period can't manage their money worth a damn and - most likely - only were able to do that because they are connected politically. $5k a year in overdraft fees fuck that's impressive. Everyone else would have been cut off long before. Dont' forget that his wife was working for the campaign several of those years so take home closer to $200k. Plus checks from his parents.

4) If Hunter couldn't get a job in the private sector making more than $170k a year he really is a moron riding his dad's coattails.

He also give thoughts snd prayers because they finally  found her, his wife

LOCK HER UP!!!

He's also admitted to fucking around and drinking too much. 

I want to hear from the first (male) person who fucked around on their marriage and drank too much who ended up with the same amount of money in their wallet as when they left the night before.  

Same amount of money in my wallet. Maybe more becuz the cc’s got cancelled. Maybe bcuz Im a genius? No: Number of warm comfy houses full paid off went from 1 to zero though. Boat had comfy bunks......heh....good times....25 years later....

25 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

1) I agree with you that Congress is not well paid vis a vis the responsibilities and effort required to do a good job. The staffer situation is even worse and that's where the ladder really favors the children of the wealthy, and you need to be a staffer to rise up the ranks.

2) duncan hunter jr. is a horrible person to choose to make the case congress is underpaid because:

3) A couple with $37,000+ in overdraft fees over a 7 year period can't manage their money worth a damn and - most likely - only were able to do that because they are connected politically. $5k a year in overdraft fees fuck that's impressive. Everyone else would have been cut off long before. Dont' forget that his wife was working for the campaign several of those years so take home closer to $200k. Plus checks from his parents.

4) If Hunter couldn't get a job in the private sector making more than $170k a year he really is a moron riding his dad's coattails.

Note that I didn't snip you're quote then respond to the snipped off part. I said Congress, US that is, is paid OK.

Hunter is a poor Rep. That's easy. Vote him out. His scammy spending is petty drunken stupidity that doesn't even approach Manafort or the NY scuzball.

It's a perfect time to point out pay levels and the difference between fraud and deep state bar hopping.

Hunter is an empty ideologue doing a job. He got bored and went to the bar on his campaign's dime. Ryan goes to the gym a lot but he strikes me as similarly bored doing an ideological job.

9 minutes ago, daddle said:

Same amount of money in my wallet. Maybe more becuz the cc’s got cancelled. Maybe bcuz Im a genius? No: Number of warm comfy houses full paid off went from 1 to zero though. Boat had comfy bunks......heh....good times....25 years later....

You never woke up with $20 in your pocket after starting with $200 saying, I must have had fun. :o

Furthermore having your wallet and car keys (if applicable).  

49 minutes ago, lasal said:

Note that I didn't snip you're quote then respond to the snipped off part. I said Congress, US that is, is paid OK.

Hunter is a poor Rep. That's easy. Vote him out. His scammy spending is petty drunken stupidity that doesn't even approach Manafort or the NY scuzball.

It's a perfect time to point out pay levels and the difference between fraud and deep state bar hopping.

Hunter is an empty ideologue doing a job. He got bored and went to the bar on his campaign's dime. Ryan goes to the gym a lot but he strikes me as similarly bored doing an ideological job.

2 hours ago, lasal said:

you didn't say that in the quote I responded to, I missed the other post, I'm sorry. I did eliminate two paragraphs because I find scrolling through long quotes obnoxious, and if I or anyone else is curious you can see the original post by that arrow in the upper right.

I see it as a continuum of sleezy fraudster from low level morons like Hunter just breaking on the scene, and hardened cases who've been doing it for years like Don & Paul. 

21 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

you didn't say that in the quote I responded to, I missed the other post, I'm sorry. I did eliminate two paragraphs because I find scrolling through long quotes obnoxious, and if I or anyone else is curious you can see the original post by that arrow in the upper right.

I see it as a continuum of sleezy fraudster from low level morons like Hunter just breaking on the scene, and hardened cases who've been doing it for years like Don & Paul. 

Yes, thanks, and sorry that was two posts. Putting fraud into a meaningful relative perspective helps combat the confusion and populist division I think. Deep state bar stool sitting is definitely low level stuff and more a sign of ideological job boredom, not that that idiot would say no to multi-million dollar tax fraud. But so far only several Trump employees are guilty of that! If Obama had three employees guilty of seven figure tax and bank fraud and Mrs six figure campaign fraud can you imagine the outrage? :)

31 minutes ago, lasal said:

Yes, thanks, and sorry that was two posts. Putting fraud into a meaningful relative perspective helps combat the confusion and populist division I think. Deep state bar stool sitting is definitely low level stuff and more a sign of ideological job boredom, not that that idiot would say no to multi-million dollar tax fraud. But so far only several Trump employees are guilty of that! If Obama had three employees guilty of seven figure tax and bank fraud and Mrs six figure campaign fraud can you imagine the outrage? :)

:) yeah, that's more what I was going for with Hunter. He's one of those people who'll always be spending more than he takes in, but he's just a lazy bro so he couldn't hustle his way to a more lavish lifestyle like Manafort.

this story alone would have been 6 months of hearings for Obama or Hillary:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/08/27/white-house-role-fbi-headquarters-plan-detailed-watchdog-report/

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

this story alone would have been 6 months of hearings for Obama or Hillary:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/08/27/white-house-role-fbi-headquarters-plan-detailed-watchdog-report/

Speaking of hearings, it is interesting that as the elections get closer, we hear less and less from the Nunes/Jordan/Gowdy bullshit squad. It’s almost as if someone put a lid on them. 

• Like 1

Gowdy is retiring.

Jordan’s poll numbers are unmoved. Republicans are looking the other way the way he looked the other way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Speaking of hearings, it is interesting that as the elections get closer, we hear less and less from the Nunes/Jordan/Gowdy bullshit squad. It’s almost as if someone put a lid on them. 

Gowdy will be gone burger.

The others busy trying to cover their asses for the November onslaught I am surprised we haven't had squeals of "deep state" reaching a crescendo yet.

Gowdy is still around until January. With the Manafort trial and conviction it is shocking that he and the other two goobers didn’t call for an investigation of some new evidence of the Deep State or some delusional shit. 

All we get is simple jack and his lone handbone sock puppet. Sad. 

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Nunes was in London investigating Steele earlier this month - https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/devin-nuness-curious-trip-to-london/568699/ and Nunes has been using his bullshit to rack in the bucks from rubes.

Apparently Duncan Hunter was lying about the border crossing. His lying does exonerate him.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/duncan-hunter-border-wall-video_n_5cbb2a46e4b032e7ceb8b5dd

He and his wife are still awaiting trial in September for federal charges of conspiracy, wire fraud and falsification of records.

https://fox5sandiego.com/2018/12/03/trial-date-set-for-indicted-congressman-duncan-hunter-wife/

7 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Mrs. Duncan may have discovered her hubby was dunkin' his pen in constituent ink....

Five unnamed people who benefited from the illegal spending -- Individuals 14 through 18 -- all “lived in the Washington D.C. area and had personal relationships with Duncan Hunter,” the indictment states.

In one case, Hunter used $351 in campaign money to pay for a rental car to drive with Individual 14 from Reno, Nev., to Lake Tahoe. Three days later, the congressman paid a $1,008 tab at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino with a campaign credit card, prosecutors said.

That same day, the Hunter family bank account had a negative balance and incurred six separate overdraft charges, the indictment said. The congressman’s campaign spending on Individual 14 lasted for more than a year, including “driving his car on a 468-mile trip to Virginia Beach” and “a personal stay at the Liaison Capitol Hill” in 2011, it added.

In 2016, Rep. Hunter used campaign funds to pay a $32 Uber fare from Individual 18’s home to his congressional office at 7:40 a.m. on a Thursday, prosecutors said.

...and this would indicate he's either the dumbest person on the planet or has accepted that he's dunked it in Mrs. Duncan for the last time. 

“She was also the campaign manager, so whatever she did, that’ll be looked at too,” Rep. Hunter told Fox News last year. “But I didn’t do it. I didn’t spend any money illegally.”

2 hours ago, Mark K said:

TL;DR

Bitch set me up.

Margaret Hunter plea agreement. She done did the deed. She done the deed with her husband who did the deed. Done and done.

https://timesofsandiego.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Margaret-Hunter-Plea-Agreement.pdf

If this is part of a plea bargain then I can't see how she avoids testifying against her hero. She can't be forced to but she can agree to or in this case, bargain.

Yeah, she pled guilty to a single count and agrees to testify.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Wife-of-US-Rep-Hunter-to-change-plea-in-13973696.php

14 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

$600 at a minibar? Who the fuck does that?

in the go-go days of Tech? We'd empty every mini-bar in the hotel.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

in the go-go days of Tech? We'd empty every mini-bar in the hotel.

Dot Com had nothing on the banks circa 2007+8.

6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Dot Com had nothing on the banks circa 2007+8.

Probably true but I watched a couple guys drop $7500 at The Lodge in Dallas one night. Not banker money, but the girls were happy anyway.

The greed and graft is mind boggling!!

Prosecutors: Rep. Duncan Hunter used campaign funds to pursue affairs

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/25/duncan-hunter-campaign-funds-affairs-1382197

Jeff will be along shortly to say that you can’t really Burn This Bitch To The Ground without getting laid. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Tom will point out that as a Hunter, he is very big on the 2A.

curious what the other secret thing hunter was doing with funds that the feds won't talk about directly because it'll poison the jury pool is.

D96txeRW4AAUIJc.png

Laws are for Democrats. Republicans are all following God. 

On 8/22/2018 at 4:20 PM, Olsonist said:

Be vewy vewy quiet!  Twump is hunting Hunter!  

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Rep. Duncan Hunter to abandon ‘not guilty’ plea in campaign finance scandal

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/story/2019-12-02/rep-duncan-hunter-to-abandon-not-guilty-plea-in-campaign-finance-scandal

It is no longer a deep state witch hunt:

The deep state witches FORCED him to plea guilty.

he's gonna find out what Bubba mean by "DEEP state "  ;-) 

Keep in mind that just because he pleads guilty (i.e. that he admits doing it) doesn't mean that it isn't a deep state witch hunt (and that he didn't do it). Just ask Dog about General Flynn. 

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Keep in mind that just because he pleads guilty (i.e. that he admits doing it) doesn't mean that it isn't a deep state witch hunt (and that he didn't do it). Just ask Dog about General Flynn. 

@Dog is too busy channeling dinesh the lying felon d’seuss to care

lol at Duncan’s excuse “can’t have a trial because then the kids will know daddy’s a stupid lying philandering fratmanchild”. Dumbass - if they don’t already know they will soon.

• Like 1

Wait. They threatened him with more punishment if he fought it and lost. That is unprecedented. These charges must be dismissed. Unfair. SO Unfair. 

I know one piece of shit who's happy about this turn of events. Tom will be so pleased.

image.png.be6068ec5e19ea59186fc929ec7934f9.png

5 hours ago, dacapo said:

he's gonna find out what Bubba mean by "DEEP state "  ;-) 

I hope a prison guard makes sure all his blockmates know his policies.

• Like 1

Most fittingly, it turns out that Drumph's very first two supporters in Congress were 

this weasel and that other weasel Collins  - cite to MSNBC

what scum

Oopsie 

A change of plea.......

SAN DIEGO (Reuters) - U.S. Representative Duncan Hunter, a leading California conservative, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to a single federal charge of conspiring to misuse campaign funds in a corruption case that could help Democrats gain his traditionally Republican seat.

The felony offense carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but his attorney has said that prosecutors have agreed to recommend significantly less time than that. Sentencing was set for March 17.

So, who thinks he will not serve any time for his plea deal and just might remain or get re-elected to his seat in the house?

12 minutes ago, bridhb said:

So, who thinks he will not serve any time for his plea deal and just might remain or get re-elected to his seat in the house?

As long as he repents to the Lord Jesus and begs forgiveness from Almighty God, and then praises Trump, the sheep will follow.

18 minutes ago, bridhb said:

He got a hell of a plea deal, and he could be re-elected , but as he’s supposedly resigning I think he’ll just drop the pretext of public service and go full grifter

32 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I think he will serve time. I doubt he'll get re-elected but I don't think that district is going to elect a Democrat. CA-50 is R+11. Darrell Issa wants to run for that seat which is another reason I doubt Hunter will get re-elected.

But with the plea deal in, I would think Hunter would have had to sign a Statement of Offense but I can't find it. Perhaps some of our house lawyers know how to find it. It should be interesting reading.

57 minutes ago, Jules said:

As long as he repents to the Lord Jesus and begs forgiveness from Almighty God, and then praises Trump, the sheep will follow.

Tears help a lot.

29 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Tears help a lot.

Can he pull a Tammy-Faye?

tammy-faye-bakker-crying.png

To a degree, I prefer a plea deal because Hunter gives up all his rights to appeal. Of course, Dog will now say that Hunter hasn't been convicted of anything and is therefore innocent. So there's that. But otherwise,

image.png.bc2ee93f3874ad1814ab5f84ddf73edd.png

Check out the date. I'm sure this piece of shit had a happy Thanksgiving. Hunter was forced (by Republicans!) to resign from his Congressional committees and subcommittees last summer but was still re-elected (by Republicans).

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Can he pull a Tammy-Faye?

tammy-faye-bakker-crying.png

Would have been more appropriate if that was blood.

11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Would have been more appropriate if that was blood.

That was Megyn.