Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

NFL 2018

so how's John Gruden working out for ya  Raiders ? ;-)        heh heh heh

My Bears looked pitiful. Trubisky is not up to the task yet. Missed LOTS of open receivers with balls thrown poorly. The defense looked okay...not great....but given they were contesting with Brady it wasn't too bad. In fact, if not for the two Pats special teams scores accounting for 14 point the outcome could conceivably been different. But the young QB has some distance to cover........not this year I'm afraid.

And the Lions look like they actually might have a running back.  The first one since Barry Sanders.  I think they might actually do better than .500 this year!

7 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

And the Lions look like they actually might have a running back.  The first one since Barry Sanders.  I think they might actually do better than .500 this year!

The Lions have always puzzled me. They have on several occasions over the last decade (and longer really) had remarkable talent assembled on the field. Several times over the past 6-8 years I have thought....man that's it, they are going to win it all, or at least be division champs....but nope. My good buddy is from Detroit and every time I tell him "hey the Lions look pretty good this year", he just shakes his head and says "they'll screw it up". To make matters worse, he is married to a cheesehead.....so twice a season they cannot spend the day together. :lol:

Just now, Point Break said:

The Lions have always puzzled me. They have on several occasions over the last decade (and longer really) had remarkable talent assembled on the field. Several times over the past 6-8 years I have thought....man that's it, they are going to win it all, or at least be division champs....but nope. My good buddy is from Detroit and every time I tell him "hey the Lions look pretty good this year", he just shakes his head and says "they'll screw it up". To make matters worse, he is married to a cheesehead.....so twice a season they cannot spend the day together. :lol:

Yeah, well... that's why I'll be happy if they go 8 and 8.  Never count on them to do anything right.

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

My Bears looked pitiful. Trubisky is not up to the task yet. Missed LOTS of open receivers with balls thrown poorly. The defense looked okay...not great....but given they were contesting with Brady it wasn't too bad. In fact, if not for the two Pats special teams scores accounting for 14 point the outcome could conceivably been different. But the young QB has some distance to cover........not this year I'm afraid.

Not as painful as my game was...

5 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Not as painful as my game was...

I saw the last quarter only....whew.............but KC is a frigging buzz saw.

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

I saw the last quarter only....whew.............but KC is a frigging buzz saw.

The last quarter? I turned it off when they ran the SECOND childhood home video of Saint Mahomes...

It was never really much of a game.

22 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

The last quarter? I turned it off when they ran the SECOND childhood home video of Saint Mahomes...

:lol: I did see one home movie..................

10 hours ago, Point Break said:

That's two close losses in as many weeks. They are going to have a good year. Next year  might be a real eye opener for people

40974138_1167192573434854_6967424835244785664_n.jpg

• Like 1

Seahawks had a bye and now head to Detroit. With the return of a couple of key players that had been injured I will be watching to see if they can get a bit better on pass rush and then stuff the run in the middle. Two big weaknesses in an evolving defense.

WL 

7 hours ago, Point Break said:
8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

:lol: I did see one home movie..................

I've endured a lot of indignities in 40+ years of rooting for the Bengals.

I've seen some fucktastically awful football, I've seen them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in more ways than you could imagine.

But the home videos put me over the top.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've endured a lot of indignities in 40+ years of rooting for the Bengals.

I've seen some fucktastically awful football, I've seen them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in more ways than you could imagine.

But the home videos put me over the top.

I'm a Lions Fan.  The only thing we can compete for is whether or not we're worse than you guys.

So at the risk of sounding like the old fart that I am....

I grew up loving football. In those days players needed jobs in the offseason. Many stayed with the same team their whole careers. When the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in '72 they had exactly one player on the team they didn't draft (Chuck Howley (Steelers)).

Today it is one Billionaire's rented millionaires against the rented millionaires from some other town.

At least I can have the illusion that college players are in it for the school and teammates.

I no longer watch football on Sundays.

Back in the day, not all that long ago, when the Chicago Cubs were "lovable losers," the team that had the most ex-Cubs would lose to a team that had fewer ex-Cubs.

In no small part, the Bears paid Khalil Mack the equivalent of the GDP of a small nation because in four years he bad never missed a start.  That is still the case, but his ankle injury has made him essentially invisible in the last 2 games, both losses for the Bears.  At least one Chicago writer is saying it is time for the Bears to sit Mack.

In a few more weeks do the writers start drawing parallels between Mack's contract and that of another bust, Yu Darvish.

27 minutes ago, wallcfa said:

I grew up loving football. In those days players needed jobs in the offseason. Many stayed with the same team their whole careers. When the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in '72 they had exactly one player on the team they didn't draft (Chuck Howley (Steelers)).

Today it is one Billionaire's rented millionaires against the rented millionaires from some other town.

At least I can have the illusion that college players are in it for the school and teammates.

Well.........I cannot argue with those observations. I think your views are accurate. Many people I know have stopped watching/caring about NFL outcomes. Some for the whole kneeling thing but most just seem to be tired of the things you mention. Teams moving, community loyalties - which frankly were at the heart of "rooting for the home team" no longer matter. Spoiled petulant multi millionaires jousting with uncaring billionaires. There is simply a growing lack of interest especially in those in their middle age and younger. One of my sons who was a rabid Charger fan viewed the move to LA as the last straw heaped upon trading/cutting players who the community had some appreciation for. He simply stopped watching NFL and says he doesn't miss it at all. On my block its clear that there are only two of us who watch NFL and mostly everyone is around my age. I think the NFL is in its declining years because the drama and the conduct of the owners and players is distasteful and boring to many folks.

Me............I still watch. My team has been in the city for nearly 100 years now since Papa Halas moved the Decatur Staleys to Chicago in 1921. I don't think NFL has lost any steam in the NFC North where the teams are old and stable and the rivalries and community identification and team loyalty to the community is still very very strong. It (along with a few east coast teams) will be the last bastion of NFL fans. Although I still watch and follow the Bears.........I find my own old unflagging interest slipping as well. It used to be I'd never miss a game no matter what. Now..........it depends and I frequently employ the DVR and then just kinda fast forward through much of it.

We'll see...............

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Well.........I cannot argue with those observations. I think your views are accurate. Many people I know have stopped watching/caring about NFL outcomes. Some for the whole kneeling thing but most just seem to be tired of the things you mention. Teams moving, community loyalties - which frankly were at the heart of "rooting for the home team" no longer matter. Spoiled petulant multi millionaires jousting with uncaring billionaires. There is simply a growing lack of interest especially in those in their middle age and younger. One of my sons who was a rabid Charger fan viewed the move to LA as the last straw heaped upon trading/cutting players who the community had some appreciation for. He simply stopped watching NFL and says he doesn't miss it at all. On my block its clear that there are only two of us who watch NFL and mostly everyone is around my age. I think the NFL is in its declining years because the drama and the conduct of the owners and players is distasteful and boring to many folks.

Me............I still watch. My team has been in the city for nearly 100 years now since Papa Halas moved the Decatur Staleys to Chicago in 1921. I don't think NFL has lost any steam in the NFC North where the teams are old and stable and the rivalries and community identification and team loyalty to the community is still very very strong. It (along with a few east coast teams) will be the last bastion of NFL fans. Although I still watch and follow the Bears.........I find my own old unflagging interest slipping as well. It used to be I'd never miss a game no matter what. Now..........it depends and I frequently employ the DVR and then just kinda fast forward through much of it.

We'll see...............

Declining interest and the unassailable facts coming out on CTE.  A lot of parents are not allowing/encouraging their sons to play in the youth leagues and are moving to LAX (better but still hard hitting) or Soccer these days.  

I grew up in Texas and "Friday Night Lights" is pretty damn accurate as to how it was then.  In Maryland?  Lax, Soccer and Swimming are more popular, it seems.   

18 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Two letters to the right.

Its a universal sign............just change out the jersey.......;)

On 10/23/2018 at 11:24 AM, wallcfa said:

That illusion is fading. Especially now with non injury redshirts. Plenty of movement between college teams now. 

33 minutes ago, chinabald said:

That illusion is fading. Especially now with non injury redshirts. Plenty of movement between college teams now. 

Very true....college is the feeder for the NFL and looks more like it everyday.

19 hours ago, Point Break said:

Very true....college is the feeder for the NFL and looks more like it everyday.

I think that's true to a point, especially if you include JUCO transfers. But the number of players that change teams during their college career is a pretty small number. That college is the farm team system for pro football has been true for at least 70 years. Nothing new there

Hey Chicago, how's that 2nd pick working out for ya;...

The Houston Texans are on fire behind the quarterback play of young Deshaun Watson as they won their fifth straight victory in a 42-23 win over the Miami Dolphins on Thursday night.

Watson was 16-for-20 for 239 yards and matched his career-high with five touchdowns (13, 2, 73, 49, and 2) including two to DeAndre Hopkins.

The former Clemson quarterback has 34 career touchdown passes which moves him ahead of Dan Marino for the second-most in NFL history (Kurt Warner No. 1) in their first 15 starts.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:28 AM, chinabald said:
On 10/24/2018 at 2:24 AM, wallcfa said:

College football has never interested me. Several reasons perhaps. One is that "team loyalty" for me is an important part of being interested in watching a sport. In the same way I won't just watch any old NFL or MLB game, I'm only really interested in seeing my team, if I don't have a stake in the game I quickly get bored.

Although we had a football team in college, no one got that excited about football where I went to school. It was there, but it wasn't a HUGE part of social life. You could go four years and never see a game and no one would think you were weird. So it wasn't about quality football. The one I really felt for was John Madden when his kid was playing for my school, that poor bastard had to watch all these crappy games...

So I don't really care much about any other school that I didn't go to winning, and I don't really care much about my own school winning unless it's to bust balls with other people who went to a school in the same league (e.g. my brother-in-law). So the care factor of watching is near zero.

But the GOOD football? Most of that annoys the crap out of me. Yes, I get that football brings in big bucks to the schools. So what - the NFL should pay for it's own damned farm teams. That really frosts my cake and gives me less than zero interest in the games. Universities - especially state schools - should be about education, not football.

I just don't see there being a market for third level of football, I never seem to see anything about the CFL as it is.

6 minutes ago, hobot said:

I just don't see there being a market for third level of football, I never seem to see anything about the CFL as it is.

I don't know, I'm not a billionaire team owner...

But how much do you hear about minor league baseball teams unless you live in a town where a farm team is?

And if you took the semi-non-pros out of big colleges and actually PAID them instead of letting the schools make money of them you'd lose that second tier right fast.

9 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

College football has never interested me. Several reasons perhaps. One is that "team loyalty" for me is an important part of being interested in watching a sport. In the same way I won't just watch any old NFL or MLB game, I'm only really interested in seeing my team, if I don't have a stake in the game I quickly get bored.

Although we had a football team in college, no one got that excited about football where I went to school. It was there, but it wasn't a HUGE part of social life. You could go four years and never see a game and no one would think you were weird. So it wasn't about quality football. The one I really felt for was John Madden when his kid was playing for my school, that poor bastard had to watch all these crappy games...

So I don't really care much about any other school that I didn't go to winning, and I don't really care much about my own school winning unless it's to bust balls with other people who went to a school in the same league (e.g. my brother-in-law). So the care factor of watching is near zero.

But the GOOD football? Most of that annoys the crap out of me. Yes, I get that football brings in big bucks to the schools. So what - the NFL should pay for it's own damned farm teams. That really frosts my cake and gives me less than zero interest in the games. Universities - especially state schools - should be about education, not football.

Boy, do I ever agree with most all of this. When my Cubbies made their successful 2016 world series run, I watched most playoff games (I didn't watch hardly ant regular season games.....is there anything that can move slower than baseball!!??). This year when the Brewers sent them home, I was done watching. I really do not watch any other sports except when it comes to playoff time and then only if one of my teams is in contention. I do watch all the Bear games in the NFL season, but hardly ever games with just "any" team because its on. There are exceptions.........I will probably watch the GB v. NE game next Sunday just because of Rodgers v. Brady.....although that's an artificial "contest" of the two. Still it might prove entertaining.

What in the world would the colleges do without the football cash cow? If they could only attract students on their academic prowess??!! Would the NFL collapse without its feeder program?? As a non college graduate in the traditional sense of higher education I have no "local allegiance" so college football is only mildly interesting on occasion. I also don't get the delta sigma kai koa data pi stuff either.....so I obviously have a gap in my experience that might otherwise lead to an understanding.

Back to the NFL though...........your Bungles appear to be doing much better than most of the pundits thought. I saw part of the Steeler game and they looked pretty good to me. Not the hardest schedule but still....some reason to be encouraged. At any rate I'd love to see them push the Steelers out.

Accepting that a 1 game deficit represents an insurmountable challenge, the Lions traded away their best receiver for a third round pick.  61 years and counting.

16 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Accepting that a 1 game deficit represents an insurmountable challenge, the Lions traded away their best receiver for a third round pick.  61 years and counting.

Damn, arguably the best Lion since he arrived.  The silver lining is that Golladay will get more time and that kid has superstar written all over him.  Still a bonehead move.  The Ford allergy to Championships continues.  

3 hours ago, Tax Man said:

Tate left here under a cloud after having an affair with Russel Wilson's first wife (or so the rumors go) which also contributed to the locker room brawl with Percy Harvin (Tate got a black eye) One of the guys that was very vocal about it at the time was Bobby Wagner. The same Bobby Wagner who made it his mission to hunt down Tate on every play he could and knock him on his ass.

If we see Philly in a Wild Card match up, I think that we will see a repeat of Sundays smackdown of Tate.

WL

The Einstein that scheduled the 49's vs Raiders tonight should be looking for alternative employment.  

15 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

The Einstein that scheduled the 49's vs Raiders tonight should be looking for alternative employment.  

saved from

SUCKING chargers "V" {suck team name here}

16 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I think...the computer picks according to some last season record algorithm. Not sure if it just picks each weeks match ups and the scheduling ie. Thursday, Sunday or Monday (and late in the year Saturday) is done by choice somehow. That's an interesting question..............

4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

just to funny

I'm not laughing B)

Last year we got a QB....now we need a real NFL Head Coach....and staff, and RB, WR,TE,OL, pass rusher, Kicker, punter and do the cheerleaders really need to wear sweatsuits in 40 degree weather? :ph34r:

On 11/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, Cal20sailor said:

Cheer up it’s actually Niners v Giants.

and to you lions fans, it could be worse,  and they blamed it on the kicker who they cut...

Since the NFL Merger there have been 864 instances of a team posting 475+ yards of total offense. Yesterday, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers scored the fewest points in any of those games.

On average teams with greater than 475 total yards score 36 (!) points.    Tampa scored just 3 points      29 first downs and gain 501 total yards and never score a single touchdown.

and this is for capo...

The nearer the Bucs got to the end zone, the less they looked like the Chiefs and the more they started looking like the New York Jets fighting off a powerful hangover.

Seahawks sent the Packers packing last night. Bears fans keep quietly wondering what's going on and Monday night football looks to be an interesting game for once.

WL

1 hour ago, White Lightnin' said:

Seahawks sent the Packers packing last night. Bears fans keep quietly wondering what's going on and Monday night football looks to be an interesting game for once.

WL

Thanks for wacking the cheeseheads!

That was a fun game. But the fumble on the first play from scrimmage for the Hawks let the air out of the stadium faster than Tom Brady with a football.....

:)

WL

3 hours ago, Point Break said:

Thanks for wacking the cheeseheads!

As a Bears fan (transplanted NY Giants fan) living in Wisconsin, I heartily and enthusiastically concur.

• Like 1

All you Bears fans are going to absolutely love Roquan Smith.  That fucker is everywhere and rarely misses a solo tackle.  One of the all time Georgia Bulldogs.

31 minutes ago, 2slow said:

All you Bears fans are going to absolutely love Roquan Smith.  That fucker is everywhere and rarely misses a solo tackle.  One of the all time Georgia Bulldogs.

He is growing into the position quite well. His contributions are increasing each week. He is one mobile dude. We used to call players like that "agile, hostile and mobile" (rhyme mobile with agile and hostile, then toss in a little southern drawl, and it sounds better) :lol:

14 minutes ago, Point Break said:

He is growing into the position quite well. His contributions are increasing each week. He is one mobile dude. We used to call players like that "agile, hostile and mobile" (rhyme mobile with agile and hostile, then toss in a little southern drawl, and it sounds better) :lol:

Isn't that what Bear Bryant said when asked how he liked his football players?  Supposedly he said: "agile, mobile, and hostile."

4 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Isn't that what Bear Bryant said when asked how he liked his football players?  Supposedly he said: "agile, mobile, and hostile."

That may well be the origin. I heard it from my pop.......:lol:

4 minutes ago, Point Break said:

That may well be the origin. I heard it from my pop.......:lol:

I think I first heard it watching an Alabama many, many, many years ago. Announcer said it was from Bryant.  Or at least that is how I remember it.

• Like 1

That hurt to watch. They seemed pretty lost. On a good note, the Lions was keep the Panthers. Now I need Da'Bears to flatten the vikes and it will be a good day!

WL

20 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

How ‘bout my Iggles?

Today the iggles looked like the browns last year. The Saints are very good, but that was a clinic. They aren’t even going to make the playoffs this year.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

How ‘bout my Iggles?

That must have painful to watch.......

1 hour ago, White Lightnin' said:

Now I need Da'Bears to flatten the vikes and it will be a good day!

WL

From your lips to Halas’ ears. 

Too bad about Alex Smith’s broken tib/fib. Weird, exact 33rd anniversary to the day of Joe Theismans exact same injury quarterbacking the same team.........

3 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Weird, exact 33rd anniversary to the day of Joe Theismans exact same injury quarterbacking the same team.........

Wowe, thast bade.                                            :)

32 minutes ago, Point Break said:

That must have painful to watch.......

From your lips to Halas’ ears. 

Too bad about Alex Smith’s broken tib/fib. Weird, exact 33rd anniversary to the day of Joe Theismans exact same injury quarterbacking the same team.........

That was one of the more creative ways to get to 14 points that I have ever seen! 

WL

Da Bearz defense is...They look like a Monsters of the Midway BTF out of you defense.

They're different this year. The whole team is just different.

Saints look to be the cream of the crop for this round but I'd watch out for the Bears. They're not the 'Bearlies' anymore.

900 yards passing and 105 points! My oh my. The NFC playoffs are gonna be fun to watch. This might have been the Super Bowl preview....but the saints will have something to say about that.

Good game.  Absolutely terrible announcing crew.

Gonna call it, now.

The NFC (L)East title will come down to the last game between Philadelphia and Washington.  If the Eagles win, they take the division with a 9-7 record.  If they lose, they are tied with Washington at 8-8.

Whoever wins it loses the following week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

PB, 

Did Chicago leave their defense in Chicago?

Oops, spoke too soon.

Just had to open your big mouth, didn't you.  Two picks in the last five minutes.

59 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Just had to open your big mouth, didn't you.  Two picks in the last five minutes.

What was that you said about two out of three teams?

:P

1 hour ago, Tax Man said:

I wish I knew I had that much power.  Predictions:

1.  Patricia becomes a spokesman for Nutri Fit...the before pictures are there.

2.  Stafford retires claiming that there is a holler hollering his name

3.  We blow our next draft pick (kind of a tradition)

PB, have you witnessed one charity over another.  I want to drop a few dollars to the victims and short of driving out, how do I do the next best thing/

Chase Daniel did exactly what he had to do today.  He managed the game well, moved the ball and made no mistakes.  Had it not been for Burton's mistakes (penalty, fumble) the Bears D might not have had to be heroic. It remains to be seen how the Bears might do against the likes of the Saints, Rams, Chiefs. 

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Chase Daniel did exactly what he had to do today.  He managed the game well, moved the ball and made no mistakes.  Had it not been for Burton's mistakes (penalty, fumble) the Bears D might not have had to be heroic. It remains to be seen how the Bears might do against the likes of the Saints, Rams, Chiefs. 

I don’t think they’ll prevail....hell no-one expected this much improvement in Nagy’s first year but some remarkable moves/acquisitions by the GM Pace continues to bear unexpected fruit. The Bears play the Rams in just a couple weeks so we’ll see how that defense stacks up. 

9 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I don’t think they’ll prevail....hell no-one expected this much improvement in Nagy’s first year but some remarkable moves/acquisitions by the GM Pace continues to bear unexpected fruit. The Bears play the Rams in just a couple weeks so we’ll see how that defense stacks up. 

As long as the Bears beat the Packers in Dec I am a happy guy.

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

As long as the Bears beat the Packers in Dec I am a happy guy.

From your lips to Papa Halas’ ears! I been thinking of flying back for that game. The tickets will be insane but what the heck.......

BRS....... Made turkey day sweet...  Hopefully the bisket is back and everyone stays healthy for the duration. Long was a loss, but man they are fun to watch again.  I predicted an old school 10-3 gm cause I figured Nagey would go back to the old days and run the damn ball, but nope!!!! it was refreshing to see them actually sticking to their bread and butter and throw the damn ball.  Me thinks we got a shot for the playoffs and dare I ask for a bye??  Wife was asking about vegas trip we usually do wildcard weekend....  said hold on there, we might get the bye and weekend 2 might be the call.  Lets hope...  :}

12 hours ago, Point Break said:

Expectations changed when you got Mack. And from what I’ve seen Smith is better then advertised prior to the draft. 

8 hours ago, shaggy said:

BRS....... Made turkey day sweet...  Hopefully the bisket is back and everyone stays healthy for the duration. Long was a loss, but man they are fun to watch again.  I predicted an old school 10-3 gm cause I figured Nagey would go back to the old days and run the damn ball, but nope!!!! it was refreshing to see them actually sticking to their bread and butter and throw the damn ball.  Me thinks we got a shot for the playoffs and dare I ask for a bye??  Wife was asking about vegas trip we usually do wildcard weekend....  said hold on there, we might get the bye and weekend 2 might be the call.  Lets hope...  :}

4 hours ago, chinabald said:

Expectations changed when you got Mack. And from what I’ve seen Smith is better then advertised prior to the draft. 

Yeah, I agree and think they will get to the playoffs.......of course there are still two division games left against unpredictable opponents and the Rams.........I am looking forward to seeing the "D" against the Rams. That will be a good game. Smith is quite good and growing into the position more every week, and don't forget Akim Hicks.......that dude is a beast and without him pushing up the middle, I'm not sure the edge rushers would be so successful.

The problems I see??.....the "D" is vulnerable to the no huddle quick pace offense several teams have tossed at them. There have been a couple games where in the second half, the no huddle hurry up wore the "D" down. Fortunately they stiffened up in the red zone occasionally forcing only a 3.......but still. Part of that problem is when the "O" scores quickly, that puts the "D" right back out on the field. That brings up the "O". They are lucky to have such talented receivers which are really helping the young Trubisky out. When he squeezes the ball into tight coverage they are managing the catch or at least preventing the interception. But you'll notice the 2nd step in his progression is.........run. Fine, very Vick/Newtonish but now he has a throwing shoulder injury. I don't think a QB can reasonably make a living running in todays NFL without getting banged up or really badly injured. I hope Nagy helps him develop a bit more where he can go through his progressions a bit more calmly and deliberately - ala Brady/Rodgers/Brees - before he opts for the run. How many times have you seen him take off for 7 or 10 when a receiver that is 2nd or 3rd in the progression is wide open at 25? That will take time and he'll need to resist the pull of the run accolades he is currently getting.

Overall I'm superbly happy with the season and the team is fun to watch again especially the "D". I may revise my position after the Ram game........but right now I see likely a playoff appearance. Further don't forget, right now the cheeseheads have the easiest remaining strength of schedule in the Division.The Bears have the 14th easiest and the Vikes have the hardest. It is going to be SOOOOOOOOOO hard to pull for the cheeseheads this weekend...........SOOOOOOOO hard. Part of me says given the strength of schedule factor with the Vikes having the hardest I'd rather see the cheeseheads get pushed down another game and count on the Vikes difficult remaining schedule to keep them a game or even two behind down the stretch. You just can't trust the f*#%ing Rodgers..........bury them now.

Yes............I did just write 3 lengthy paragraphs about football and the Bears. B) In my defense, its the only sport I really follow unless the Bulls/Cubs/Hawks get into the playoffs............

Da Bearzzzzzz

No idea how the Seahawks managed to pull that one off? What a great game. Always fun to see Cam pouting after a loss.

WL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White Lightnin' said:

No idea how the Seahawks managed to pull that one off? What a great game. Always fun to see Cam pouting after a loss.

WL

I was torn........I love to see Newton frown.......but dislike Carrol........it’s hard. Seahawks played well down the stretch and closed with typical Wilson heroics. They deserved the win.........they could pull off a wildcard berth.......

Carroll is alright. He really bent the rules at USC and the program suffered when he skated town and left them holding the bag.

But I love what he has done here, occasionally bent the rules but has adapted well to the NFL (something many college coaches struggle to do).

The house cleaning of the team this last off-season was interesting to watch. A bit like the 4 year turnover in college. Bring in new blood that buys into the rah rah "believe in the plan" type of team building. It remains to be seen if that becomes a sustainable model.

Right now, I have do do something I hate a kinda root for the cheese heads! Although Hawks can control the wildcard chances by beating the Vikings in two weeks.

WL

2 minutes ago, White Lightnin' said:

Right now, I have do do something I hate a kinda root for the cheese heads! Although Hawks can control the wildcard chances by beating the Vikings in two weeks.

WL

I’m pulling for the Vikes. Two reasons.......first it fits my two favorite teams philosophy - the Bears and ANYBODY playing the cheeseheads. Second....and it’s more coherent.....I think it’s better to push the cheeseheads down another game. They have an easier schedule down the stretch than the Vikes, and we beat the Vikes once already. Plus, I’d rather face Kirk Cousins than Arron Rodgers if the division gets tight or a wildcard game.

So tonight....Skol......

Next Monday night, a few days after the Saints manhandle the Cowboys, the Eagles will beat Washington to create a 3-way tie for the lead in the NFC East.  

They'll each be 6-6, baby.

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Next Monday night, a few days after the Saints manhandle the Cowboys, the Eagles will beat Washington to create a 3-way tie for the lead in the NFC East.  

They'll each be 6-6, baby.

I have a lunch bet with a buddy who is a Cowboy fan on best regular season record. Go Eagles/Skins!

On another game.....Hue Jackson gets fired from Browns and a couple weeks later is coaching for the Bengals v. Browns. They noticed......

Look no further than this interception by Damarious Randall early in the second quarter. After picking off Andy Dalton, Randall immediately ran over to the Bengals’ sideline and kindly handed the ball off to Jackson. Possibly forgetting which team he currently works for, Jackson slapped Randall’s helmet as if he was congratulating Randall on the play.

Nice job Vikes......now lose the rest of the games. Cheeseheads are 4 games back with 5 games left but they have a pretty easy schedule down the stretch. So far......Bears might actually get into the playoffs in Nagy’s first year. If so he’s gotta be strong candidate for coach of the year. Too bad there’s no award for GM of the year, Pace deserves it.....and Virginia finally agreed to spend some money.

Anyway......B)

I set an alarm and got up for a 5AM divisional game.

I don't think I'll be doing that again this season.

image.png.37e64ee89190f709037955fa8ff3e0fc.png

17 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

Carroll is alright. He really bent the rules at USC and the program suffered when he skated town and left them holding the bag. 

WL

sorry but that is incorrect,   It wasn't carroll's doing..   it started with the bush family,  sarkasian, and kiffin..    please list the charges against him..

The NCAA rules that USC showed a lack of institutional control -- citing running back Reggie Bush and basketball player O.J. Mayo as having accepted improper gifts and benefits from agents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

sorry but that is incorrect,   It wasn't carroll's doing..   it started with the bush family,  sarkasian, and kiffin..    please list the charges against him..

Maybe yes, maybe no. No charges but how could you not know?

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ncaa-announces-punishments-for-usc-061010

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/117845/a-timeline-of-usc-turmoil-scandals-and-coaching-upheaval

And I think the guy is an incredible coach. But I think he bent the rules and didn't get caught.

WL