Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

NFL 2018

A couple years ago we were everyone’s poochie boys.   Now we’re in Super Bowl.

Unf’kin’ real.

Rams/Charger fan be happy all dey now.

No Haters please!

2 minutes ago, blunderfull said:

No Haters please!

Plesae dointe telle Woodeye what he cane an cantte hatte.                         :)

Fair ‘n square it is.   Don’t  mind the refs.:rolleyes:

Be better than that.    

Ram/Charger fan baskin’ in da glow.  

Delete NFL app. Check

Delete ESPN app. Check

Do anything in two weeks other than watch a rigged game. Check

(Still have my Hawks app though :) )

WL

• Like 3

Footballs now over for the year, Patriots are going to win another (with the Refs help) Superbowl, would really like to learn to appreciate Basketball, but I just..... can't.

Maybe start watching Hockey, I've got a rough enough understanding of the game...

Damn, I just tried to post a a pic that portrays Belichick as Satan.

It didn't work. It wouldn't load. The software gagged on it and froze.

Coincidence ?

I think not. :mellow:

8 hours ago, Dorado said:

Damn, I just tried to post a a pic that portrays Belichick as Satan.

It didn't work. It wouldn't load. The software gagged on it and froze.

Coincidence ?

I think not. :mellow:

We all know Belichick sold his soul many years ago. Brady was part of the deal. 

11 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

Delete NFL app. Check

Delete ESPN app. Check

Do anything in two weeks other than watch a rigged game. Check

(Still have my Hawks app though :) )

WL

you no riggeres halve to macke liveng to!                                      :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hobot said:

Footballs now over for the year, Patriots are going to win another (with the Refs help) Superbowl, would really like to learn to appreciate Basketball, but I just..... can't.

Maybe start watching Hockey, I've got a rough enough understanding of the game...

Start watching hockey!! The NHL has a great product and their playoffs are the best!

The Pats win AGAIN!!  What a game.  the outcome was in doubt at least until the overtime coin toss.  Brady's ninth super bowl.  For sure the GOAT!

23 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Saints and Chiefs...however I really don't care, I am just hoping for good competitive games with NO zebra controversy....not having a dog in the fight will make it an enjoyable easy to watch day of football and a tad depressing seeing how far off my team is from the top teams

Oh well that didn't work out... LOL...

Both games yesterday were decided by bad officiating. Until the NFL removes the bias or allows coaches at least 6 ref challenges per game, it is a failed product. I will continue to watch my Seahawks. However this is no longer a competitive event.

Imagine you are sailing the last leg of a race in a hard fought week of grand prix sailing. Coming into the finish you get fouled on a port starboard cross and your nearest rival finishes ahead. You go to file a protest and the committee refuses to hear it.

I was watching one of the sportscenter episodes and the analysts were going on about this or that in regards to the blown call. One of them that was a retired player was about ready to strangle his co hosts. His rage was at them not being able to understand the effort required to get to that point and have it taken from you arbitrarily. 

Professional football is a game of inches and close games are down to the wire competitions that are fun to watch. Having it blown away by such incompetence really ruins any desire I have to continue watching.

WL

On the blown call….the NFL controlled networks knew IMMEDIATELY of the HUGE irreversible blown call and in a game with a zillion cameras…shielded the Ref and situation by not showing replay of just where the Ref was standing…if you look carefully and quickly you can see where he was standing …he was looking directly up the path of the on coming ball….it has been clear in past seasons the refs have sticky flags come play off time compared to willy nilly “teaching” flags in regular season…not only was this a blown call…the NFL/Networks are covering up just how bad the blown call was…..I really feel for Brees and the Saints roster…hate all you want on Payton this affects far more than him…anyway it was great watching EXCELLENT football yesterday

2 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

Both games yesterday were decided by bad officiating. Until the NFL removes the bias or allows coaches at least 6 ref challenges per game, it is a failed product. I will continue to watch my Seahawks. However this is no longer a competitive event.

Imagine you are sailing the last leg of a race in a hard fought week of grand prix sailing. Coming into the finish you get fouled on a port starboard cross and your nearest rival finishes ahead. You go to file a protest and the committee refuses to hear it.

I was watching one of the sportscenter episodes and the analysts were going on about this or that in regards to the blown call. One of them that was a retired player was about ready to strangle his co hosts. His rage was at them not being able to understand the effort required to get to that point and have it taken from you arbitrarily. 

Professional football is a game of inches and close games are down to the wire competitions that are fun to watch. Having it blown away by such incompetence really ruins any desire I have to continue watching.

WL

Can you explain the bad terrible call in the Pats game that cost the Chiefs the win? Just curious?

A positive thing: Tony Romo in the booth for the Pats/Chiefs game.  Really good and several times predicted exactly what Brady was going to do.  He will be doing the SB as well.  2nd - from what I read Brady went to the Chiefs locker room & asked to speak with Mahomes and congratulated him on his play.  Nice touch and a passing of the mantle. 

Bonehead play - the Chief lined up in neutral zone that cost them an interception and the game.  Lastly - the game needs better refs or system to handle the non call or TV needs fewer and crummier cameras.

46 minutes ago, Peacefrog said:

Can you explain the bad terrible call in the Pats game that cost the Chiefs the win? Just curious?

3rd and long in the 4th quarter and they called roughing the passer on KC. Extended the drive which I think then resulted in a touchdown. The roughing the passer call was for a KC lineman reaching over and trying to grab Brady. Officials saw it as a blow to the head. The replay showed that to not be the case.

If not for the missed PI in the other game, that call would have been the topic of discussion today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/sports/nfl-calls-los-angeles-rams-new-england-patriots.amp.html

WL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

After last night in NO, I've got a new sport on TV that I can trust

Image result for national cornhole championship

The titelle overt theires heads is pricelesse!                                                          :)

4 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

All I think of when I hear of this game is "Cornholio" from Beavis & Butthead....its a little disturbing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

This fall I had an apparently-naive-but-very-cute bartendress describe the great time she's had tailgating at the UW football game, the main event of which was a multi-player cornhole game.  When I nearly spat my drink and said "You know that's still illegal in some states", she looked at me like I was being stupid.  Then I had to try to explain it.  Decided not to.

But then AOC has a different definition of "pulling a train" than I learned.

So maybe it's my gutter upbringing in the Lutheran church that's the problem.

Image result for cornhole memes

When I was a kid, we would get a whipping if an elder ever heard us mention 'cornhole'!

And I think it so very appropriate that Johnsonville sausage is the corporate sponsor!

Image result for johnsonville cornhole

58 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

So maybe it's my gutter upbringing in the Lutheran church that's the problem.

Are you saying all the kids were below average ?

3 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Are you saying all the kids were below average ?

Well, I do know that all the men were good looking.  

2 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

instead of brooms, the guys should have to hold their dicks, if they have one..

thank god darts are making a comeback..  i wish my fav watering hole had enough room for a board..

25 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
2 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

instead of brooms, the guys should have to hold their dicks, if they have one..

Thet coude be ok in GMD Quidditche, is thet coede sportte?

1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
6 minutes ago, Point Break said:

We call cornhole “bags” instead. 

teabags?

evan wourse......

Man, it's gonna be a looong off-season.

7 minutes ago, hobot said:

Man, it's gonna be a looong off-season.

It always is.......

Dodgeball GIF

On 1/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, blunderfull said:

A couple years ago we were everyone’s poochie boys.   Now we’re in Super Bowl.

Unf’kin’ real.

Rams/Charger fan be happy all dey now.

No Haters please!

well when on the bottom so long, those high draft picks help..

20 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

3rd and long in the 4th quarter and they called roughing the passer on KC. Extended the drive which I think then resulted in a touchdown. The roughing the passer call was for a KC lineman reaching over and trying to grab Brady. Officials saw it as a blow to the head. The replay showed that to not be the case.

If not for the missed PI in the other game, that call would have been the topic of discussion today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/sports/nfl-calls-los-angeles-rams-new-england-patriots.amp.html

WL

If not for the missed pick play against the chiefs, they would have not scored their last touchdown.  So minor bad calls seem to have negated each other.  The pats won, and deservedly so!

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

well when on the bottom so long, those high draft picks help..

Explain the Lions then. 

3 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Explain the Lions then. 

I remember all the way back to the Wayne Fontes and Barry Sanders days. There is no explanation for the Lions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaptimeAgain said:

I remember all the way back to the Wayne Fontes and Barry Sanders days. There is no explanation for the Lions. 

Oh god, what they did to Sanders was criminal.  Not just the way it all ended - but the way they used him was ludicrous.  I remember Fontes' "Jumbo" packages that he decided would help, where they ran with 1 receiver, Barry, and everyone else blocking.  Shittiest idea ever, because anyone who watched Sanders knew he was an open field runner.  Spreading the field was giving him a gift.  Cramming everyone together and letting the D bring all their people up?  Jesus.

I hate this team.

There are many missed calls in a typical game. Some occur outside of the field of vision of the officials, or are obscured by other players. Some are close judgement calls. I get those. The no-PI call in NOLA was flagrant and 2 officials were supposedly staring at the receiver. That is ultimately where they are supposed to be looking since that's duh where the play is happening. Demote the crew to the Lingerie Football League. No wait that might be a reward. Banish them to the Arena league.

1 hour ago, NaptimeAgain said:

There are many missed calls in a typical game. Some occur outside of the field of vision of the officials, or are obscured by other players. Some are close judgement calls. I get those. The no-PI call in NOLA was flagrant and 2 officials were supposedly staring at the receiver. That is ultimately where they are supposed to be looking since that's duh where the play is happening. Demote the crew to the Lingerie Football League. No wait that might be a reward. Banish them to the Arena league.

yeah there are missed calls,  but the guy in the last row at the top of the superdome saw it..    i'm guessing after the superbowl,  a ref or two is going to get canned (don't want to piss off the officials till after)

12 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

yeah there are missed calls,  but the guy in the last row at the top of the superdome saw it..    i'm guessing after the superbowl,  a ref or two is going to get canned (don't want to piss off the officials till after)

heck, Helen Keller saw it.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:58 AM, Liquid said:

Start watching hockey!! The NHL has a great product and their playoffs are the best!

Hockey getting boring if you’re not a Lightning fan. It’s SO unfair.

The helmet to helmet deal is silly. Still happens all the time and is never called. In the end its a game that is totally dishonorable in how it is played and viewed. Total shame as its really fun to watch when you don't have players high fiving each other after purposely trying to hurt their opponent with a legal "hit". Its not "hit" football, its "tackle" football. Then you have a coach asking fans to make so much noise in the venue it disturbs the opposing team's ability to actually effectively play the game. The Saints game was disgusting. They deserved to lose because the other guys were playing at a handicap.

As far as the Patriots game goes, any overtime which can be decided by a coin toss is asinine.

48 hrs later and Rams still winners.

Damn if the League just telling ‘aints:   Suck it up & we’re moving on.

NFL prolly in touch with FAA making sure no blimp or drones get near Atlanta on 3 Feb with some crazy sheit messaging about those PI screw ups.  That would be funny.   Won’t see it on the live feed but Twitter will be lighting up with that circus.

Elon Musk jumps in and throws some gas on it with some clap about “not enough vision”  and calls for firing of entire NFL officials crew while also pitching new venture in an exclusive online gaming site for Tesla M3 owners.

Better than a half-time show -13 y.o. nerds with new DJI drones show off their chops and flame Roger Goodell while dodging latest FBI anti- drone tech.   Don’t laugh - both sides prolly working on their game plans as we babble on about what to do about the poor ‘aints got screwed and whatta we gonna do?!  Stay tuned.

I asked this female Patriots fan if I could touch her hair. She said yes so I ran my finger along her upper lip. That's how the fight started..............

• Like 1

Chick Filet fucks up the Super Bowl by not opening on Sunday! Whats next?  

https://www.hypefresh.co/chick-fil-a-closed-for-super-bowl/

Next thing you know Rihanna won't even want to sing for the game half time!!!

https://www.hypefresh.co/chick-fil-a-closed-for-super-bowl/

Oh wait?! She in into soccer dudes now. So much she is going to buy herself a whole team of them!

Image result for Rihanna football

18 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Um, they’re always closed on Sunday. 

This was discussed when the stadium was proposed. 

Wait..... So money is not a motivating factor with this corporation?

(That's it ..... dogs and cats are going to start sleeping together now!)

Gay Atheists like them some good fried chicken too, especially on Sundays while watching football.

Oh wait!? Chick Fil-A say that they are not anti-gay?

chick_fil_a_sandwich.0.jpgJenny Zhang/Eater

Chick-fil-A: ‘Please don’t call us anti-gay’

Chick-fil-A has responded to officials at Rider University, who nixed the fast-food chain as a potential on-campus dining options because of its anti-gay history. “Rider University’s survey was recently brought to our attention, and while we respect the University’s decision, this news story represents a good opportunity to clarify misperceptions about our brand,” says a company attorney in a statement provided to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Chick-fil-A is a restaurant company focused on food, service and hospitality, and our restaurants and licensed locations on college campuses welcome everyone. We have no policy of discrimination against any group, and we do not have a political or social agenda. More than 120,000 people from different backgrounds and beliefs represent the Chick-fil-A brand.”

That may be true, but it does not change chief executive officer Dan Cathy’s 2012 comments on the subject or Chick-fil-A’s numerous charitable donations to organizations with anti-LGBTQ+ policies in the years since. That could be a problem for the chain as it continues to expand into new markets.

2 minutes ago, hobot said:

Wait..... So money is not a motivating factor with this corporation?

(That's it ..... dogs and cats are going to start sleeping together now!)

Masse Hysteria!!!!

3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Masse Hysteria!!!!

They did to themselves, shoulda thought about them drunken fans!

Sam Adams rolled up a very limited edition TB beer for the Superbowl.

https://www.masslive.com/boston/2019/01/sam-adams-creates-patriots-beer-called-too-old-too-slow-still-here-ahead-of-super-bowl-2019.html

I hope the Patriots win just so they do a real run of the stuff.

If so, the boat's cooler will be filled with Sams instead of Heinekens this season.

Too Old, Too Slow, Still here.     Yup  that's us....

2 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

Sam Adams rolled up a very limited edition TB beer for the Superbowl.

https://www.masslive.com/boston/2019/01/sam-adams-creates-patriots-beer-called-too-old-too-slow-still-here-ahead-of-super-bowl-2019.html

I hope the Patriots win just so they do a real run of the stuff.

If so, the boat's cooler will be filled with Sams instead of Heinekens this season.

Too Old, Too Slow, Still here.     Yup  that's us....

Not a Pats fan but that’s pretty good. 

I'm Not from/for LA ... I shall be singing.....

(Feel Free to join in)

The Brady Bunch

and

Who let the Air Out Who - Who -Who

1 hour ago, Foreverslow said:

For all you Patriot haters out there.

You are not alone, but Patriot Fans could care less..

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-02/yes-america-hates-patriot-nation-and-new-england-loving-it

it's funny that the second most hated team is the Jets...and we haven;t been to the Super Bowl since 1969.....Pats fans can suck it...

Rams because Wade Phillips who has more humor than all the Pats together. When asked how he would stop Tom Brady he said (paraphrasing) "Getting an earpiece and listening to Tony Romo"

So big + for carrying on the Bum Phillips traditions including the cowboy hat instead of the stupid fukin MAGA craphat. 

Supposedly the Patriots are more popular than the Rams in the St. Louis area.....

We learned many years ago -

“...the definition of ‘ Force Multiplier’....”

Rise up Patriot Nation -  it is our time again.

I am hoping for a complete blowout by the Rams! Send Brady packing. If Patriots win, I hope it's due to completely blown calls by the officials.

WL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blunderfull said:

Rotor to rotor combat:

and then there will be a drone hunter drone....

4 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

I am hoping for a complete blowout by the Rams! Send Brady packing. If Patriots win, I hope it's due to completely blown calls by the officials.

WL

image.png.215fc2a221ab3ea1be7b28a71c2644bd.png

10 minutes ago, White Lightnin' said:

WL

DyfKY6wUcAAJvuv.jpg

Notte siurre TB coude wearer that lengthe........ hese a lettelle dude.......                             :)

Just now, Firefly-DC said:

image.png.915539a42e9cbbb32d0a262a3e8ab8c4.png

Butte a proppere anarchistes woude saye "Mome, you juste dointte undestande,,,,,  "                                :)

Patriots get the benefit of a roughing the passer on a 3rd and 8 thrown incomplete and go on to score. This gives them the win over KC. Here's the penalty

Screen_Shot_2019_01_20_at_6.20.48_PM__2_.jpg

1 minute ago, Firefly-DC said:

image.png.186554e57531b2218ce6025262205e6b.png

Plesae dointe blamme thisse stupidde fucke, the coaches tride to gette fancy...... an it paide nada..............

1 minute ago, Firefly-DC said:

who did the seahawks play that week

mange merde.......             :)