Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

NFL 2018

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Maroon five just put on one of the best Super Bowl shows since U2.

Bruno Mars was pretty good

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Whoa, thisse cachesse me offe guarde, wtf ist roungue with LA?

Snags, by LA do you mean Louisiana or Los Angeles? If Louisiana, the Saints were hosed by the officials in the NFC championship game against the Rams, so will root against the Rams. If you mean what's wrong with Los Angeles...that is a much longer thread...

Someone wake me up if the snoozefest gets going please.

"ist getteng exsitteng nowe......"                                             :)

SO, which kicker is going to be MVP in this snoozefest?? Have to wonder what the real superbowl would have been like if not for shitty refs.. KC and NO would have to work really hard to do worse than this debacle.

WL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, White Lightnin' said:

KC and NO would have to work really hard to do worse than this debacle.

WL

Plusse Oune                     :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Point Break said:

DxaGaj5X0AYKlzd.jpg

looks like the map Hillery put up on election day 

Unless someone does something dramatic beyond measure, Edelman has to be the MVP of this game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Unless someone does something dramatic beyond measure, Edelman has to be the MVP off this game

maybe Gilmore

• Like 1

2 thoughts - Wade Phillips did his job, I mean 3 points?  The Saint's wuz robbed - Brees would have scored some points.  I hope Brady enjoys his WH hamberders.

ok, that was 3.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dacapo said:

it's funny that the second most hated team is the Jets...and we haven;t been to the Super Bowl since 1969.....Pats fans can suck it...

All of Patriot Nation was concerned that the team has not hitting on all cylinders at the end of the season.
Even though they won 2 more games than the Jets and Giants combined.

But they got back to executing properly in the playoffs and that is all she wrote...

Best of all, Tom says he is playing 4 more years.  So you Jet fans got that to look forward too..   ;<)

• Like 2

What the hell happened to the "get Gurley more involved game plan?" 10 carries??!!! WTF? He should have got 30.........or more. WTF?

• Like 1

From a football perspective: that was a fucking awful game to watch. 

To all the haters out there, the thing that you most hate about Tom Brady and the rest of the Patriots players is-

THEY DO NOT PLAY FOR YOUR TEAM!!!!

Suck it up!  They won! And they deserved to.  The refs did not do it for them.  The Patriots defense did it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

The officials won the game.

Would you care to elaborate on that?  There were a couple bad calls, but no more so than any other normal game.  In fact I think the refs didn't a pretty good job considering the focus they were under from the previous playoff game's no-call.  If all most folks can come up with is a single bad call (the defenseless player hit that gave the patriots a first down) then I'm ok with that.  Especially since the patriots missed a field goal and the Rams ended up getting the ball pretty much exactly where they would have likely gotten it if the Patriots had punted.

Any chance you're a Ram's fan?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Glad the season is finally over. Now on to BB and Ice Hookey

I think I'll gloat for a bit first.

For more than three quarters, there was as much action as there was in the corner of the Omega house rush party, with Mohammed, Sidney, Jugdish and Clayton.

6a019aff1c6526970c01a5117fe932970c-800wi

Help yourself to punch and cookies. 

7 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Would you care to elaborate on that?  There were a couple bad calls, but no more so than any other normal game.  In fact I think the refs didn't a pretty good job considering the focus they were under from the previous playoff game's no-call.  If all most folks can come up with is a single bad call (the defenseless player hit that gave the patriots a first down) then I'm ok with that.  Especially since the patriots missed a field goal and the Rams ended up getting the ball pretty much exactly where they would have likely gotten it if the Patriots had punted.

Any chance you're a Ram's fan?

Not a Rams fan. Very poor officiating but you look back at that game and the pats were given a couple of key penalties which in the general landscape of a bunch of obvious non-calls were very very borderline and in one case just wasn't a foul which kept the pats in a drive that ended with the touchdown. Doesn't take many calls to change a game like that. Another one killed the Rams' momentum on a key drive. The game was fixed in my view by the officials. But in the end they don't call it the stupid bowl for no reason :)

48 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Not a Rams fan. Very poor officiating but you look back at that game and the pats were given a couple of key penalties which in the general landscape of a bunch of obvious non-calls were very very borderline and in one case just wasn't a foul which kept the pats in a drive that ended with the touchdown. Doesn't take many calls to change a game like that. Another one killed the Rams' momentum on a key drive. The game was fixed in my view by the officials. But in the end they don't call it the stupid bowl for no reason :)

Perhaps you missed Tom Brady being whipped to the ground (first quarter) after the ball was released with out penalty, or the "catch" by the Rams that was not a catch (his foot touched, then lifted, then caught ball) to just name a few on the other side...refs miss-calls and no-calls go both ways.

It is my understanding the refs let the players play in the play-offs.  Some non-calls worse than others (Saints/Rams).  It all  evens out in the end.  Fixed?  Please.

21 minutes ago, sail69 said:

Perhaps you missed Tom Brady being whipped to the ground (first quarter) after the ball was released with out penalty, or the "catch" by the Rams that was not a catch (his foot touched, then lifted, then caught ball) to just name a few on the other side...refs miss-calls and no-calls go both ways.

It is my understanding the refs let the players play in the play-offs.  Some non-calls worse than others (Saints/Rams).  It all  evens out in the end.  Fixed?  Please.

I tend to agree.  Officiating is hard.  Calls are missed all the time.  The best we can hope for is to have the BIG ones made correctly.  That's why they auto-review touchdowns, allow red flags, etc.  The effort it would take to make sure every call is made on every down would turn it into a 24 game as each play is reviewed for infractions.

Missed calls are a part of the game that you have to accept in any sport.  Good teams have a way of overcoming bad calls.  Bad teams (like the Lions) have a way of needing GOOD calls to win, and bitch when they don't get them.

38 minutes ago, sail69 said:

I don't think they evened out yesterday. Not even close. I did see those others you mention. I have never seen more uneccessary late hits and mauling of receivers go uncalled. Pathetic. Touchdown for TD for Rams broken up, clearly interference. I won't watch this sport anymore.

THE WORST SUPERBOWL EVER !!!!!!

you shall read it here and Mark my Words

Will be

The 2022 Superbowl played in Los Angeles between the rams and FUCKING SUCKING chargers

won't even be a sellout

won't fill any hotels

everyone who wants a team shirt will already have got one from a thrift store

the Elite Security Guard from the last Fucking Sucking charger game in DAGO will be the 1/2 time entertainment

performing to Michael Jackson's "BEAT IT"  

the game will end after the 2nd overtime & will be the 1st Superbowl to end in a tie with ZERO Points scored

When the dude who did this years 1/2 time show was asked why his Gut Tat said Kalifornia instead of rams or Fucking Sucking chargers

he said because he goes either way 

WINNER OF THIS YEARS SuperBowl = The GOLF Chanel !!!

Just when you think your life sucks, remember that peoplepaid $3000 bucks for  two field goals, one touchdown, and a maroon 5 concert 

17231156-0F67-4664-BDB0-F70C88532379.jpeg

• Like 1

I thought i was watching the NHL All star hockey game...                        yawn.....

4 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

I don't think they evened out yesterday. Not even close. I did see those others you mention. I have never seen more uneccessary late hits and mauling of receivers go uncalled. Pathetic. Touchdown for TD for Rams broken up, clearly interference. I won't watch this sport anymore.

I'm certain that some Saints fans would give you a shoulder to cry on.......

5 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

THE WORST SUPERBOWL EVER !!!!!!

you shall read it here and Mark my Words

Will be

The 2022 Superbowl played in Los Angeles between the rams and FUCKING SUCKING chargers

won't even be a sellout

won't fill any hotels

everyone who wants a team shirt will already have got one from a thrift store

the Elite Security Guard from the last Fucking Sucking charger game in DAGO will be the 1/2 time entertainment

performing to Michael Jackson's "BEAT IT"  

the game will end after the 2nd overtime & will be the 1st Superbowl to end in a tie with ZERO Points scored

When the dude who did this years 1/2 time show was asked why his Gut Tat said Kalifornia instead of rams or Fucking Sucking chargers

he said because he goes either way 

WINNER OF THIS YEARS SuperBowl = The GOLF Chanel !!!

If that came ever happens I hope it will be interrupted by a pack of mischievous , evil raccoons.

2 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

Just when you think your life sucks, remember that peoplepaid $3000 bucks for  two field goals, one touchdown, and a maroon 5 concert 

17231156-0F67-4664-BDB0-F70C88532379.jpeg

It was better than this - there were THREE field goals in the game (& two misses).

I thought the trench warfare was great*.  But my idea of a snoozer is a 44-10 blowout, as opposed to one where a single big (or busted) play could make the game.  I found it remarkably tense.

*To me, the precise punt placements of the Patriots were really neat to watch, and they were an outstanding example of the Belichick focus on special teams as a phase of the game that is fully equal to offense and defense.

• Like 1

In some ways, I think this Super Bowl was planned to be a boring game from the get-go by the owners.

The last couple of years the SB has just about jumped the shark, not with the actual game, but all the craziness surrounding it.

With all the crap going on in the NFL (knees, lets get rid of the cheerleaders, declining viewers, the fiasco of the military paying for those tributes to the military,  shuffling teams to other cities, the NFC championship call etc) they have been one step behind in every issue of a giant shit show.

People screaming that congress needs to get involved.

The NFL needed to divert the attention.  Take the hit on one game to get back to where they used to be.  Sporting entertainment instead of a spectacle.

The half time show avoided the protest some were calling for, even though they did not have a true head liner.

They also dialed back the Disney choreographed floor show at half time and we had no costume malfunctions.

They used half the confetti we have seen in other games where it looked like a blizzard for 15 minutes.

The refs stayed out of the way and let the boys play.

And it seemed even the commercials were more subdued.  Maybe companies were trying to get a better ROI, but we did not see as many silly ads that made you chuckle, but could not remember who it was for.

Happens we had a epic defensive battle that the clueless/rookie viewers do not like, but us true followers love.

That game could have cracked open for either team with a fumble or steal.

As we got to the 4th quarter with the realization that either could could win this with a touchdown no matter how it happened.

If you want to see a high scoring game that acts like the NBA where it comes to the last shot, watch the rerun of last week's probowl.

This game was 2 serious as a heart attack teams battling it out in the trenches.

It was about offensive coaches battling defensive coaches in smarts and training and conditioning programs. Each trying to get an edge on the other.

Waiting to the last second to decide on the play so the other side could not react.

Evenly matched teams that had to play as teams to stop the opposition.

So the fans of 30 teams thought it sucked because their team did not make it.  Tough shit...

The Rams made a great showing for a young team in a heartbreaking loss.

The Patriots did what they have been programmed to do all season.  Make adjustments to win the Super Bowl.

Everyone went home safe and the NFL can now start to plan for next season with the draft happening in a couple days.

The owners got what they wanted. No controversy. Something important where so many of them rely on public money to pay for ever bigger stadiums.

Hopefully they can keep the train on the tracks for some time.

Just not looking forward to SB next year.

Being in Miami, we are going have that sugary BS halftime crap from Disney crammed down our throats just like the Orange Bowl.

Hold the presses...Broward county Florida just found 11 more points for the Rams.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Hold the presses...Broward county Florida just found 11 more points for the Rams.....

Could go on forever.  Expect the Patriots to go to the courts arguing that requiring fully inflated footballs is illegal "Point Suppression" and invalidates any reversal that Broward County achieves.  

RAMs are now over 1/4 of the way home as nearly a dozen fans wait at station to greet them when they pullup 

38773479595_17827c75f8_b.jpg

141754-full.jpg

16 hours ago, jewingiv said:

It was better than this - there were THREE field goals in the game (& two misses).

I thought the trench warfare was great*.  But my idea of a snoozer is a 44-10 blowout, as opposed to one where a single big (or busted) play could make the game.  I found it remarkably tense.

*To me, the precise punt placements of the Patriots were really neat to watch, and they were an outstanding example of the Belichick focus on special teams as a phase of the game that is fully equal to offense and defense.

Ding Ding Ding!   This.

• Like 1

The big plus side was there were subs at my local grocery store. I got a half dozen oysters for $1.49 and 2 6 ounce wild Canadian lobster tails for $1.99. U10 diver scallops were 20 bucks for 8 of them. The prices were so jacked but taking time to look paid off.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:38 PM, dreadom said:

75332C0B-BE9C-4F13-B41B-CFC6969DC2E5.jpeg

Every time Jesus gets up and goes to the bathroom, someone dies. 

• Like 1