Sean

Fear: Trump in the White House

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged,"

Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader."

Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a fucking liar,"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged,"

Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader."

Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a fucking liar,"

And those are the positive bits.

Why?

Was it news to you?

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Why?

Was it news to you?

No. But it's the difference between reading about a tibia plateu fracture and seeing one. 

4 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

That article is terrifying 

Not to worry. Our President will tell us it’s Fake News any minute now. We all know that Woodward tends to make shit up.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Not to worry. Our President will tell us it’s Fake News any minute now. We all know that Woodward tends to make shit up.

Kelly has to be gone.  Ivanka will wear two hats, first daughter and chief of staff.  

• Like 1

As terrible and previously unthinkable as most of those recollections are?  There's a positive takeaway:  There *were* adults in the room who cared enough about the country to actually reign Trump in despite the personal costs they'd bear. 

• Like 1

That transcript is unreadable.  It's like Trump is a second grader.  He doesn't finish a thought, doesn't maintain a direction, I mean jesus christ.  How can anyone parse that drivel when they are talking to him?  That's just.... I really don't know what to say.  I couldn't read it for content.  It was that bad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

As terrible and previously unthinkable as most of those recollections are?  There's a positive takeaway:  There *were* adults in the room who cared enough about the country to actually reign Trump in despite the personal costs they'd bear. 

Rudy says they should quit. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/04/giuliani-to-trump-aides-ripping-trump-in-woodward-book-find-new-job.html

I assume that every quote Woodward used in the book is on tape -

The greatest story ever told.... gotta hand it to America - one heck of a tale.

I hope that it does not all go bang at some stage somewhere in the world

D

31 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

D

Stranger than fiction. 

If half of what is in Woodward's book is true, and all of it may well be true, then Trump should be replaced since he is a danger to the country. Woodward had a major role in the removal of one crooked POTUS. He may now be bagging his second one.

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Kelly has to be gone.  Ivanka will wear three hats: first daughter, fantasy wife and chief of staff.  

Fixed that for you.

Calling all Trumpsters. Calling all Trumpsters. Please report to the "Fear:Trump in The White House" thread to descredit a two time Pulitzer winner based upon tweets from a semi literate fuckwit. 

• Like 2

TrumpTards don’t care what Woodward has to say...

besides, it’s in a book. Anything longer than a tweet is uppity, Liberal hooey, doncha know.

26 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I'm going to salt the earth.

Nice!  The hits just keep on comin'.  

He's going to have to up his game if he wants to top attacking a labour leader on Labour day.

That took a really special kind of stupid.

7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

D

The Irish are pretty adept at making things go "BANG"

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

He's going to have to up his game if he wants to top attacking a labour leader on Labour day.

That took a really special kind of stupid.

No doubt Trump thinks the unions Hijacked Labour day.  It's a picnic for workers, a bit like mothers day..you know..I have the best picnics.

I love the part about Dowd giving him a mock interview and telling him that he was due for an orange jumpsuit if he testified under oath.That’s pretty much the free advice I gave to Dog a while back. 

Dog in an orange jumpsuit? I don't think saying dumb things repeatedly is enough to get you put in the slammer (perhaps it should be though).

Seriously, I find it fascinating how little reaction there has been here to these explosive excerpts. Perhaps it is that the Trumptards are just not able to find any talking points about this and everyone else just accepts what has been said as something they already knew or suspected.

5 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Dog in an orange jumpsuit? I don't think saying dumb things repeatedly is enough to get you put in the slammer (perhaps it should be though).

Seriously, I find it fascinating how little reaction there has been here to these explosive excerpts. Perhaps it is that the Trumptards are just not able to find any talking points about this and everyone else just accepts what has been said as something they already knew or suspected.

I told him not to testify under oath under any circumstances. Doggy Styling under oath gets time in the lockup. 

These excerpts confirm what most folks thought all along. No surprise at all. 

The stuff about Sessions is amusing. A New Yorker expressing intellectual superiority over a redneck?  We’ve never seen such things around here!

This is all very strange.

I think that its a given that Bob W doesn't make shit up and follows the rules.

on that premise:

He does not quote people "off the record"

why are people like Mathis and Kelly sticking this horrible job out?

A) for the power

B ) for the money?

C) because they are the only people standing in between Trump and Kaos.

I recon B ) is out..they don't need the money and the job's not that well paid in relative terms

that leaves us with A) and C)

A) Possible..but they don't strike me as megalomaniacs.

That leaves us with C)

If they see it as their patriotic duty to protect the world from a mad man, stay close and stick it out...why speak to the Woodward at all? Then Deny it?

Surely they don't want the mad paranoid Narcissist to have any reason to mistrust their loyalty and fire them by Twitter?

It's all very odd. 

23 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

on that premise:

A) for the power

B ) for the money?

I recon B ) is out..they don't need the money and the job's not that well paid in relative terms

That leaves us with C)

If they see it as their patriotic duty to protect the world from a mad man, stay close and stick it out...why speak to the Woodward at all? Then Deny it?

Surely they don't want the mad paranoid Narcissist to have any reason to mistrust their loyalty and fire them by Twitter?

It's all very odd. 

Clearly it is C. They speak to Woodward because that is how people in this administration talk to each other, through the press. 

This is The Most Competent GOP Presidential Administration ever!

18 hours ago, Grrr... said:

That transcript is unreadable.  It's like Trump is a second grader.  He doesn't finish a thought, doesn't maintain a direction, I mean jesus christ.  How can anyone parse that drivel when they are talking to him?  That's just.... I really don't know what to say.  I couldn't read it for content.  It was that bad.

Snaggletooth is more intelligible.

But he did have a single, unifying theme with all the random bits that popped out: how great a job he's doing.

I've seldom had anyone who was doing a great job tell me about it. Of course, I don't often read the stuff Congresscritters send me.

I cannot help but think that perhaps...just maybe... it would be better to have a President who cannot tell a lie, than one who cannot tell the truth.  

I see Trump is sticking with his playbook - deny and accuse everyone else of what he is guilty of. 

This isn't going to end well.

13 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I see Trump is sticking with his playbook - deny and accuse everyone else of what he is guilty of. 

This isn't going to end well.

Hell..... It didn't even start well......

How the fuck are we going to remove this idiot from office, before he starts WWIII, or something??

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

How the fuck are we going to remove this idiot from office, before he starts WWIII, or something??

And Pence isn't? The fascists shit the bed.

image.png

Two page spread in today's paper about the book.

Fucking scary. It's hard to believe that more than 1/3 of American voters actually like this insanity.

I particularly liked the bit about how his advisers stop him from signing any particularly stupid stuff.

They just take it off his desk and he forgets about it.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Fucking scary. It's hard to believe that more than 1/3 of American voters actually like this insanity.

I particularly liked the bit about how his advisers stop him from signing any particularly stupid stuff.

Out of his sight, out of his mind.

9 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Out of his sight, He is out of his mind.

:)

Please be respectful of the GOP Standard Bearer.  This Fine Great Bigly Man is the intellectual driving force of today's GOP, and deserves a commensurate amount of respect.  Many people are saying it, belief me.  

2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Easy. You get to vote in 2020. If enough of your constituents can win their districts you get to pick the new guy...

It's the American way...

10 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Field a candidate worth voting for. 

How bad does an opposing candidate have to be to pick Trump again?

9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I find it stunning that people think Trump will be running for reelection.  And sad, bigly sad.

How about suggesting he might be palatable to an opposing candidate?  Seriously.  

Just now, Bus Driver said:

How about suggesting he might be palatable to an opposing candidate.  Seriously.  

Trump supporters wouldn't vote for Jesus Christ if he came back to run as a Democrat. 

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

They don't like it. They like that it makes you mad.

Because pissing off libby-rulls is worth destroying the country for.

-DSK

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

We have a two party system. Not choosing "D" or "R" means you are spoiling the race for one or the other of the two mainstream candidates. 

Or it could mean that you much more closely agree with the platform of a Third Psrty candidate. Neither Rs or Ds own our votes. They can try to earn them. If neither does an adequate job of earning your vote, and a Third Party does, then that's the way it is. It's the only way to hold the two major parties accountable. 

• Like 4

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Ya might want to think about how the behavior of many on the left may have contributed to that feeling.  Or not.  

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

We have a two party system. Not choosing "D" or "R" means you are spoiling the race for one or the other of the two mainstream candidates. 

2 party system isn't codified in the constitution, is it?  As to spoiling for one or the other?  That is increasingly more palatable to me than actively supporting the crap for candidates that we've had to choose from in recent elections, hence my reply to BB to "field a candidate worth voting for".    Why does the idea of "fielding a cnadidate worth voting for" seem so anathema to you?   

11 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

How bad does an opposing candidate have to be to pick Trump again?

Not choosing "D" doesn't mean choosing Trump.  Avoid that fallacy - and think more about what I said. 

Actually, it does

Just like the people who voted for Nader in 2000 gave us W

At the moment, a 3rd party candidate has to be very very good to have chance of winning. And our elections hinge on TURNOUT. That's how the Republicans, a minority, have seized control so thoroughly. So every single vote basically counts double, what you're voting -against- is just as important as what you're voting -for-. Until voter turnout gets about about 65% that's the way it works.

4 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Or it could mean that you much more closely agree with the platform of a Third Psrty candidate. Neither Rs or Ds own our votes. They can try to earn them. If neither does an adequate job of earning your vote, and a Third Party does, then that's the way it is. It's the only way to hold the two major parties accountable. 

And all the left-leaning 3rd parties are funded by Republicans secure in the knowledge that Bernie fans etc etc can be peeled off a LOT more easily than their loyal Republicans.

-DSK

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Ya might want to think about how the behavior of many on the left may have contributed to that feeling.  Or not.   

Ri-i-ight.

Because when spoiled kids have a tantrum, it's proof that their parents need to be burnt to the ground like a bitch

You've been spoon-fed hatred for so long you think it's actually a real thing. Ya might want to think about that, but probably not

-DSK

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I'm going to salt the earth.

Oooffff, another own goal by Trump. 

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Ri-i-ight.

Because when spoiled kids have a tantrum, it's proof that their parents need to be burnt to the ground like a bitch

You've been spoon-fed hatred for so long you think it's actually a real thing. Ya might want to think about that, but probably not

-DSK

Spoiled kids having a tantrum?  You mean like the incessant claims that Bush stole the election? That any opposition to D policies has to be racist? Like the unending screech about how much you hate everything and everyONE that's not aligned with the Ds?  Like anyone who opposes AA is actively supporting racial discrimination? 

It seems that y'all have been eating at that trough a lot during the past 20 years or so, too.  I'm tired of the minority of rabidly partisan voices drowning out rational discourse that the country needs and deserves, and YOU, my friend, perfectly articulate that tenor.  

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I love the part about Dowd giving him a mock interview and telling him that he was due for an orange jumpsuit if he testified under oath.That’s pretty much the free advice I gave to Dog a while back. 

prisoner-costumes-for-dogs-costume-model

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Spoiled kids having a tantrum?  You mean like the incessant claims that Bush stole the election? That any opposition to D policies has to be racist? Like the unending screech about how much you hate everything and everyONE that's not aligned with the Ds?  Like anyone who opposes AA is actively supporting racial discrimination? 

It seems that y'all have been eating at that trough a lot during the past 20 years or so, too.  I'm tired of the minority of rabidly partisan voices drowning out rational discourse that the country needs and deserves, and YOU, my friend, perfectly articulate that tenor.  

You're kinda deaf, then

I don't care about Team R or Team D. The Republican Party has made itself my enemy by poisoning my air & water, by gutting education for my community, and trying to turn my peers into serfs. If there were a group of Republicans who were interested in governing the country well, I'd be happy to vote for them..... say, Kasich, for example.......

OTOH you've made it very clear you're perfectly happy with the fascist-plutocrat agenda..... you mistake my pointing out despicable Republican actions for despising all Republicans. And you see things as "I hate them, so they must hate me." Not really based on either facts or logic.

I've asked you in the past to point out all this hate-filled libby-rull screeching. Where's the libby-rull Rush Limbaugh? WHere's the libby-rull Alex Jones? There just isn't a market for it.

Meanwhile, keep voting for your beloved overlords. You're almost all the way back to serfdom. The America that you grew up in is vanishing rapidly, and will be replaced by one that is GREAT AGAIN!!!

-DSK

You're kinda deaf, then

I don't care about Team R or Team D. The Republican Party has made itself my enemy by poisoning my air & water, by gutting education for my community, and trying to turn my peers into serfs. If there were a group of Republicans who were interested in governing the country well, I'd be happy to vote for them..... say, Kasich, for example.......

OTOH you've made it very clear you're perfectly happy with the fascist-plutocrat agenda..... you mistake my pointing out despicable Republican actions for despising all Republicans. And you see things as "I hate them, so they must hate me." Not really based on either facts or logic.

I've asked you in the past to point out all this hate-filled libby-rull screeching. Where's the libby-rull Rush Limbaugh? WHere's the libby-rull Alex Jones? There just isn't a market for it.

Meanwhile, keep voting for your beloved overlords. You're almost all the way back to serfdom. The America that you grew up in is vanishing rapidly, and will be replaced by one that is GREAT AGAIN!!!

-DSK

The 1st bolded?  More BS on your part.  Standard prove it or shutup request applies, but isn't expected.   I don't mistake your pointing out despicable Republican actions for anything, I am responding to your words, to the way you attack any and every position that's not aligned with yours, and your propensity to make up absolute crap and assign that crap to the people who think differently than you do, rather than accepting that their priorities/considerations being different than yours doesn't mean that they're less valid, or that the individuals holding those opinions aren't intentionally deficient because they do. 

2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The 1st bolded?  More BS on your part.  Standard prove it or shutup request applies, but isn't expected.   I don't mistake your pointing out despicable Republican actions for anything, I am responding to your words, to the way you attack any and every position that's not aligned with yours, and your propensity to make up absolute crap and assign that crap to the people who think differently than you do, rather than accepting that their priorities/considerations being different than yours doesn't mean that they're less valid, or that the individuals holding those opinions aren't intentionally deficient because they do. 

So, you just hate me because I use your own words against you...... and keep pointing out how destructive so many Republican policies are.

You started a thread called "Vote D? Why" and went on to talk about how you don't really support Trump but you like what the Republican-controlled gov't is doing, in general.

Do you deny saying that? Do I need to "prove it or shut up"?

Or is that your standard response to posts you don't like, when you shit all over others and get all spiteful about having it rubbed back in your own face?

-DSK

It's not any opposition or all opposition.  It's just there seem to be more than a few actual racists of the "hey, Nazis are cool" in the Trump administration writing policy, and in the rightwing media covering policy. Here's one from the media today: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/09/a-daily-caller-editor-wrote-for-an-alt-right-website-using-a-pseudonym/569335/

The basis for my comment is the response I regularly receive from many of our friends on the left in this forum.   

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

So, you just hate me because I use your own words against you...... and keep pointing out how destructive so many Republican policies are.

You started a thread called "Vote D? Why" and went on to talk about how you don't really support Trump but you like what the Republican-controlled gov't is doing, in general.

Do you deny saying that? Do I need to "prove it or shut up"?

Or is that your standard response to posts you don't like, when you shit all over others and get all spiteful about having it rubbed back in your own face?

-DSK

I started the thread to ask people what Ds would do differently that might attract someone like me, and y'all know that.  I mentioned a few things that I think are important in the conservative agenda, and you immediately projected your own hatefulness to my comments and questions.  That you haven't been able to provide a single quote of mine that supports your baseless assertions proves the point, don't ya think?   

So - in the most recent post you ascribed to my intentions:  "OTOH you've made it very clear you're perfectly happy with the fascist-plutocrat agenda..... you mistake my pointing out despicable Republican actions for despising all Republicans. And you see things as "I hate them, so they must hate me." Not really based on either facts or logic"    I'm sure you'll have no problem proving that I support fascism and plutocracy, or at least no more difficulty than digging up support for your constant assertions of my racist intent. 

5 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

.....       That you haven't been able to provide a single quote of mine that supports your baseless assertions proves the point, don't ya think?   

So, you deny saying (post 134, "Vote D? Why?")

10 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

My disappointment with Trump doesn't equate to abandoning my ideals and adopting the left's agenda in whole cloth, either.   

and -I'm- the on being divisive.

Or when you said, in response to my pointing out exactly what Team Trump has been doing (reversing pollution regs, undoing worker and consumer protections):

12 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Butthurt much Steamers?  Seems to me that you're more pissed that it's not YOU making the conservatives have to smell the shit that you're pushing, rather than being concerned that what's being pushed IS shit. 

You do this every time. You post fascist crap, then when I point out how fascist you really are, you get all inflamed and self-righteous.

Having fun?

-DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Actually, it does

Just like the people who voted for Nader in 2000 gave us W

At the moment, a 3rd party candidate has to be very very good to have chance of winning. And our elections hinge on TURNOUT. That's how the Republicans, a minority, have seized control so thoroughly. So every single vote basically counts double, what you're voting -against- is just as important as what you're voting -for-. Until voter turnout gets about about 65% that's the way it works.

And all the left-leaning 3rd parties are funded by Republicans secure in the knowledge that Bernie fans etc etc can be peeled off a LOT more easily than their loyal Republicans.

-DSK

Jill Stein funding (no mention of funding by Republicans)

"

In an e-mail to supporters on June 10, 2015, Stein wrote "I'm preparing to make a big announcement next week." She also challenged her supporters to raise $10,000 in that time period. Two days later on June 12, Stein's campaign sent another e-mail indicating that she had surpassed that goal and raised her fundraising goal to $30,000. Stein noted that she would seek to qualify for matching funds from the federal government by raising at least $5,000 from residents of 20 states before receiving the nomination in 2016. The e-mail indicated that she had already raised more than the requisite amount from residents of California and that Washington State, New York, and others were very close behind.[22] In September, Stein's campaign said they had met the $5,000 mark in five states (California, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington) and had received at least half of that amount in eight others.[23]

As of November 22, 2015, Stein's campaign had surpassed the requisite fundraising totals in at least 9 states. On November 28, Richard Winger of Ballot Access News reported that Stein would likely qualify for the initial public funding before January 1, 2016.[24] However, on January 3, Ballot Access Newsreported that Stein's campaign had only qualified in 13 states. It said that the campaign was trying to qualify in 8 others.[25] On January 8, Stein's campaign announced it had enough contributions to qualify for FEC funds.[26] Nevertheless, the campaign did not submit its request for matching funds and accompanying documentation until March 28, after which the FEC declared Stein eligible for matching funds on April 14, 2016.[27]

In January 2017, Stein and her campaign received the final amount of matching funds from the FEC. The final check equaled $134,900. Overall, the campaign received $590,935.39 in matching funds.[28]"

Stein got 1.07% of the popular vote, Gary Johnson got 3.28%....over 3X as much.  Obviously Trump lost far more votes to the Libertarian Party than Clinton lost to the Green Party.. Clinton got a total of 65,853, 510 votes, which was less than Obama (2008) 69,498,516 and (2012) 65,915,795.  Seems pretty clear her problem was not being able to hold the Obama coalition together. 

Lets look at other elections. 1992, when Bill Clinton won with 43% of the popular vote. George Bush got 37.4%.  Ross Perot got 18.9% of the popular vot...it's safe to assume the VAST majority were peeled off the Republican Party.   2000, when Nader got 2,882, 955 popular votes and is widely blamed by Democrats for costing them the election. Pat Buchanan (448,895),  Harry Brown (Libertarian - 384,431), and Howard Phillips (Constitution - 98,020) cost GWB 931,346 popular votes, greater than what Gore won the popular vote total by.

The Democratic Party has gone to the right of center the past 30 years, directed by the corporatist DLC (Clintons and Gore among founding members).  They deliberately abandoned the Left. So whose fucking fault is that? It was a calculated decision that blew up in their face...repeatedly. 

15 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
30 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

.....       That you haven't been able to provide a single quote of mine that supports your baseless assertions proves the point, don't ya think?   

So, you deny saying (post 134, "Vote D? Why?")

My disappointment with Trump doesn't equate to abandoning my ideals and adopting the left's agenda in whole cloth, either.   

and -I'm- the on being divisive.

Please - tell me how in the world that comment can in any way be construed to be decisive, or to support any of the other assertions of my intent that you've made?  

15 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Or when you said, in response to my pointing out exactly what Team Trump has been doing (reversing pollution regs, undoing worker and consumer protections):

Butthurt much Steamers?  Seems to me that you're more pissed that it's not YOU making the conservatives have to smell the shit that you're pushing, rather than being concerned that what's being pushed IS shit. 

That comment was in response to your claim that anyone who wasn't opposing Trump was happy to have him (paraphrasing, I can dig up the quote if you need to be reminded) "shit in their mouths as long as the god-damnlibbyruls had to smell their breath". 

It's pretty apparent to me which of us is full of shit - and my eyes are blue.  Mebbe you oughta take a break - you're embarrassing yourself. 

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

on that premise:

A) for the power

B ) for the money?

That leaves us with C)

It's all very odd. 

You’d hope that if he did fire them, it may just trigger a huge backlash from within the GOP that they stop him from doing anymore damage.

15 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

....    ...    ...

It's pretty apparent to me which of us is full of shit - and my eyes are blue.  Mebbe you oughta take a break - you're embarrassing yourself. 

Your eyes are blue? Maybe it's because you're looking thru shit-colored glasses?

I'm quoting your own posts, maybe some Russians hacked your SA/PA account and posted all that stuff behind your back?

-DSK

Aaaaand an official in the Trump White House penned an anon op ed for the failing NYT, aka the Failing Gray Lady at all times when it isn't pimping the Iraq War, describing the resistance within the WH.  

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/405226-ny-times-publishes-op-ed-claiming-to-be-written-by-senior-trump-official

Senior administration official blasts Trump in anonymous NYT op-ed

"To be clear, ours is not the popular 'resistance' of the left," the piece reads. "We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous."

“But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic,” the unidentified official wrote.

"The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making," they wrote.

• Like 2

Your eyes are blue? Maybe it's because you're looking thru shit-colored glasses?

I'm quoting your own posts, maybe some Russians hacked your SA/PA account and posted all that stuff behind your back?

-DSK

Of course.... Nothing you've quoted comes anywhere near close to equating to the assertions you ascribed to the intent of those comments, but, please, continue, if you're enjoying yourself. 

who's the anonymous senior white house official?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

That sounds like a fair description of current circumstances.  Trump is an idiot, he is petulant, inconsistent, and I think we'll all be better off when enough people realize this, and the harm that his behavior can cause, and decide to censure or impeach him.  Conservatives have been harmed by his presence, and I hope that those that are more conservative than they are Party hacks can take out the trash and start behaving in a manner that warrants the re-establishment of the trust and respect that they should deserve, but, currently don't. 

who's the anonymous senior white house official? edit: Sol beat me to this thread.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

I'm thinking it's Mattis, but who knows?  Whoever it is is betraying the country by not coming forward and going on the record, just as Congress will surely do by not investigating any of it.  There is a mechanism to address this in the Constitution, in Article XXV, Section 4.  

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I'm thinking it's Mattis, but who knows?  Whoever it is is betraying the country by not coming forward and going on the record, just as Congress will surely do by not investigating any of it.  There is a mechanism to address this in the Constitution, in Article XXV, Section 4.  

Apparently Article 25 had been discussed. 

"Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Have you not said that you're happy with the current republican agenda and policies being passed?  Did we misunderstand you?

12 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Have you not said that you're happy with the current republican agenda and policies being passed?  Did we misunderstand you?

I've said that I'm more aligned with the conservative agenda, and that the only attempted legislation that has been attempted by this congress that I support is the attempt to correct and codify the DACA provisions in law. 

I agree more in general (outside this administration) with the Republican agenda than I do with the D priorities - (edited to add) As is coming out more everyday, R != Trump. and Rabid Rs != conservatives. 

I don't think that that rises to the level of support for the BS positions that Steamer has tried to assign to me.   "Poison the environment"?  "Defund Schools"?  "Support Racism"? "Like Nazis better than Protestors"? 

Does that answer your question? 

6 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I agree more in general (outside this administration) with the Republican agenda than I do with the D priorities - (edited to add) As is coming out more everyday, R != Trump. and Rabid Rs != conservatives. 

That's exactly the trouble. Republicans do equal Trump.  The only ones that called him out are dead or resigning. 

He is unhinged and crazy.  Pence would be a nightmare to me, but I would rather he be the president than Trump.  

I wonder if Romans were like "Nero (or Caligula) may be a crazy, fucked up pyscho, but he will get us the judges we want."

8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I've said that I'm more aligned with the conservative agenda, and that the only attempted legislation that has been attempted by this congress that I support is the attempt to correct and codify the DACA provisions in law. 

I don't think that that rises to the level of support for the BS positions that Steamer has tried to assign to me.   "Poison the environment"?  "Defund Schools"?  "Support Racism"? "Like Nazis better than Protestors"? 

Does that answer your question? 

Defanging the EPA? What do you think will be the outcome?

Defund Schools: And what about the current Dept of Education is not about pulling money from schools and putting it in private company pockets?

Support Racism. Fair. I don't think you support racism. Maybe you just ignore it.

Like Nazis better than protestors? Given Trump just today in an interview called for protests to be made illegal - well - you'll have to live with that new conservative position. 

And yes, Trump = Republicans and there are no Conservatives

You may not like it, but it is what it is.

7 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

That's exactly the trouble. Republicans do equal Trump.  The only ones that called him out are dead or resigning. 

He is unhinged and crazy.  Pence would be a nightmare to me, but I would rather he be the president than Trump.  

I wonder if Romans were like "Nero (or Caligula) may be a crazy, fucked up pyscho, but he will get us the judges we want."

I don't think so, CH.  I think that many of 'em publicly supported Trump as a show of solidarity for the party, and that they were wrong for doing that.  I don't think that there are many, if any, who actually believe he's in any way shape or form an effective Executive. 

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I don't think so, CH.  I think that many of 'em publicly supported Trump as a show of solidarity for the party, and that they were wrong for doing that.  I don't think that there are many, if any, who actually believe he's in any way shape or form an effective Executive. 

Then why are the Trump picks the ones beating incumbents in the primaries?

And here's who they follow(posted on CNN):

But, in an interview with the conservative Daily Caller site on Tuesday afternoon, Trump took his views on protests even further -- raising the question as to whether protests should even be allowed. 
"I think it's embarrassing for the country to allow protesters, you don't even know which side the protesters were on," Trump said. "But to allow someone to stand up and scream from the top of their lungs and nobody does anything about it is frankly — I think it's an embarrassment."

"I think it's embarrassing for the country to allow protesters," said the President 

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Defanging the EPA? What do you think will be the outcome?

Defund Schools: And what about the current Dept of Education is not about pulling money from schools and putting it in private company pockets?

Support Racism. Fair. I don't think you support racism. Maybe you just ignore it.

Like Nazis better than protestors? Given Trump just today in an interview called for protests to be made illegal - well - you'll have to live with that new conservative position. 

And yes, Trump = Republicans and there are no Conservatives

You may not like it, but it is what it is.

I do worry about the rollback of some regulations.  I think that the intent was good, but EPA execution was over-reaching in the WOTUS law.  I don't want the law dismantled, I do think the EPA needs to be given stricter parameters w/r/t those things that fall within the intent and defintion of this law.   I don't like the change in the coal emissions restrictions, but, don't see that being a big deal long term, as other cleaner fuel sources will do what prevous administrations have tried to do via the EPA.  

I have mixed opinions about school choice - the charter schools are still public schools, but, kids who have a hard time getting to their local school are going to have an even harder time getting to a school that's farther away.  I think that the idea of "closing underperforming schools' is dumb, and that the idea of success needs to consider more than test scores, given the multitude of problems beyond delivery of curriculum that so many schools have to deal with.   

There are no conservatives?  Really?  

You may not like it, but, you not liking it doesn't equate my position to the shit that's been slung my way.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Then why are the Trump picks the ones beating incumbents in the primaries?

And here's who they follow(posted on CNN):

But, in an interview with the conservative Daily Caller site on Tuesday afternoon, Trump took his views on protests even further -- raising the question as to whether protests should even be allowed. 
"I think it's embarrassing for the country to allow protesters, you don't even know which side the protesters were on," Trump said. "But to allow someone to stand up and scream from the top of their lungs and nobody does anything about it is frankly — I think it's an embarrassment."

"I think it's embarrassing for the country to allow protesters," said the President 

I think he's wrong and stupid for saying so.  So what? 

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

party loyalty and political reality. they are scared for their jobs, and trump wields power over the whackjob base. the base decided canada's bad after trump bashed it.

Unfortunately, I think that there's more truth to this than any of us like. 

12 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The silence from the right proves they do actually.  

2 minutes ago, shaggy said:

The silence from the right proves they do actually.  

I think that what Jiblets just said is more likely, that many of 'em are silent in fear for their position than silent in support.  Doesn't make it right, but, understandable.