Ex-yachtie

Humble Pie (Front Page)

It's nice to see Mr Hancock getting excited about the AC on the front page.

He talks about the lack of tacking duels with foiling boats.  Not only do I disagree with his comments abut the last cup but he must have also missed the foiling tack in INEOS's video release.  If anything it looks like they'l tack better than a 12M.  

I disagree with Mr Hancock the AC 50 tacked quicker than 12M or IACC it was something remarked upon by a BBC sports correspondent on Radio 4 how quickly they tacked but I agree the timing of the races will be good for UK and European viewers, very early breakfast viewing.

• Like 1

Any high performance yacht including Maxi 72's, TP52's etc would bounce side to side on these courses. Even in a heavy 12 meter, there wouldn't be much need to tack early.

You know the opposition can't get away, so you don't need to chase them, and within a few minutes you will be coming back at each other. These course, and high performance yachts bring different challenges and therefore different tactics.

I can't remember anything about the big J class boats getting into tacking duels. It seems to be only something the smaller, and slower boats did.

13 hours ago, nav said:

How many FP thread do we need?

One for each article worth commenting on?