Sign in to follow this  
Grejhojta

Cockpit refurbishing

Hi all, after a first season with my Sun Fast 32i I decided that a number of chanes should be made to the cockpit.

First of all I am on the outlook for a tiller that looks more like the ones mounted on the latest First 31.7 as in the picture attached. Any idea who manufactures/sells them?

Another idea I want to steal from the First 31.7 is the foot stand under the cockpit bench. See picture attached. Again...what are they called and who manufactures them?

Thanks in advance!

tiller.PNG

cockpit.PNG

20 hours ago, Alcatraz5768 said:

Benetau will probably sell them. They must have them as they fit them. 

I thought so too, unfortunately they are not sold on their spareparts website, or I have not been able to find them. I will drop them an email.

I have also seen these type of items on other boats where they were customizations of the standard cockpit, it'd be great to identify some suppliers

Do you have a bigger picture of the footrest?  To me that looks like a relatively simple to DIY component, two bends in a bit of stainless tube and a couple of hinges for it.    Canvas shop should be able to bend the tube or any metal fabricator, add the right hinges(locking at 0 and 90 positions perhaps, or with a block to support in the down position and a strap in the up) and you could have a couple of those for under 100$.  How often does that happen on a boat? 

2 hours ago, jgbrown said:

How often does that happen on a boat? 

quite right :D

Just wondering if they do exist out there