IStream

Show your boat not sailing

9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Dang, KC, you're truly doing it right

FB- Doug

Doug’s right. Somehow, KC, you convey the air of having more time than the rest of us - time to do a job right, time to take the right photo. I’m always running from one thing to another - I have shaped my life so I seldom have enough time to do anything properly. 

I’d love to see an anthology of your pictures - they really convey “what it’s all about”. 

Anyway, enough brown-nosing, but keep them coming!

E

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Ed said:

Doug’s right. Somehow, KC, you convey the air of having more time than the rest of us - time to do a job right, time to take the right photo. I’m always running from one thing to another - I have shaped my life so I seldom have enough time to do anything properly. 

I’d love to see an anthology of your pictures - they really convey “what it’s all about”. 

Anyway, enough brown-nosing, but keep them coming!

E

I grew up with an old Southern expression I aspired to, and achieved a few times...... "It ain't braggin' if you can really do it."

It's not brown-nosing if you're telling the simple truth

FB- Doug

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Not to mention little cabins, little trees and little streams.

He was the Mr. Rogers of art.

Oh and now we pick on Mr Rodgers.  Mr R was brilliant. Bob Ross..... was not.

• Like 1

Me aground last evening after the lovely commuter to port passed me to starboard and cut me off at lorises to secure their spot at the local wooden boat show yesterday. It would have been nice if they had not overtaken me and made me sail into shallow water. The tide was up at 2:30am so I went back and moved it by hand...it took and hour...

233D5AB1-425E-462A-B92A-F077BA00CFCC.png

The least they could've done was to offer to pull you out of the mud.

That wasn’t going to happen. They were unaware of the rules of the road for boats under tow. 

I finally got it to the dock and all is well!

069D281D-C1B4-4710-95AE-16D4DBD731A7.jpeg

F748E2BA-08A3-4C2C-9779-58D283A92EF0.jpeg

• Like 1

S2 7.9 one of the things it does very well.  (Obviously getting close to shore so its crew can go for a swim on one of the beaches of Choctawhatchee Bay.)

087D46E9-E415-415B-8E84-73B9892DC981.jpeg

024D06AD-A092-405A-BE5D-20F8CF2A4602.jpeg

• Like 3

Haven’t posted in a while, like CL I was on a self imposed time out. Currently in Owls Head NS, hoping to be in Maine by weeks end.  AKA Joli

53DEBB63-9FE8-4AF9-84ED-69B5478FF581.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Good to see you back online!

Ditto

Not exactly of my boat not sailing...yesterday morning's land clouds over Ocracoke astern. Almost makes working worth it. :)

image.png.2b4f21f82866f92db17677960669dc2d.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Not exactly of my boat not sailing...yesterday morning's land clouds over Ocracoke astern. Almost makes working worth it. :)

image.png.2b4f21f82866f92db17677960669dc2d.png

Are you sure that's Ocracoke? I don't see the water tower.

Best adventure you can have, out of sight of land in 6 feet or less of water..........

FB- Doug

22 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Are you sure that's Ocracoke? I don't see the water tower.

Water tower was visible two-thirds of the way to Lower Middle. 

Only one other sailboat in Ocracoke this weekend, and one single sail on the horizon yesterday from there to Bath. Where are the sailors?

2 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Water tower was visible two-thirds of the way to Lower Middle. 

Only one other sailboat in Ocracoke this weekend, and one single sail on the horizon yesterday from there to Bath. Where are the sailors?

One of the things I like about this area is the lack of crowds.

FB- Doug

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 5:46 PM, Bryanjb said:

Haven’t posted in a while, like CL I was on a self imposed time out. Currently in Owls Head NS, hoping to be in Maine by weeks end.  AKA Joli

53DEBB63-9FE8-4AF9-84ED-69B5478FF581.jpeg

If you get anywhere near Portland after a week from today, send me a pm. It would be fun to meet- congratulations on your trip.

Arrived in Kennebunkport last night.  Sailed from Boothbay after the Downeast Challenge Ocean Race.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, outdoor and water

• Like 5

On 8/6/2019 at 6:58 AM, MauiPunter said:

Arrived in Kennebunkport last night.  Sailed from Boothbay after the Downeast Challenge Ocean Race.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, outdoor and water

Waitaminute. What are bullrails doing there?

5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Waitaminute. What are bullrails doing there?

There are none.   Those are white dock protectors. Like a hard foam on the side of the slip.

Here is a daylight shot.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, boat, cloud, outdoor and water

Here is another shot of us "not sailing" but we are motoring, just leaving Boothbay at 5am.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, mountain, boat, outdoor, water and nature

• Like 2

Had a great time in Halifax, visited downtown and were able to meet Sculpin and his wife!  Very fun and thank you for the rum, looking forward to trying it  

We’re back on the water now headed to MDI. 

In the photo we’re the boat on the right in front of the giant catamaran. We enjoyed our stay at the RNSYS and highly recommend a visit here if in Halifax. 

7AE40B75-7A44-48D2-B8D0-C72F73823E55.jpeg

Since I never provided an update to my original post three years ago debating whether to stick a new boat into a fractional or charter program or buy an older boat just for ourselves...

Pinniped.thumb.png.49165d290cd5c12ec482b859bc585c4b.png

Unfortunately, we overshot our mark somewhat.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, ChrisJD said:

Since I never provided an update to my original post three years ago debating whether to stick a new boat into a fractional or charter program or buy an older boat just for ourselves...

Pinniped.thumb.png.49165d290cd5c12ec482b859bc585c4b.png

Unfortunately, we overshot our mark somewhat.

402?  Nice. Where do you keep her?

2 minutes ago, monsoon said:

402?  Nice. Where do you keep her?

Thanks. She's much more fun than a boat that size and comfort has any right to be. We tried very hard to buy a smaller boat, but had three sales fall through in the course of a month, and she was still available, so we went with our "forever" boat (unless we end up living aboard at some point) as our first boat.

We keep her in Salem MA.  20 years from now when my name comes up on the wait list, maybe we'll move her around the peninsula into Marblehead.

YUSOFh2.jpg

Going in after 8 days on the hard stripping off Poli Glow/Zep floor finish and recoating. The Poli Glow has much better UV durability from my observations. Next year we're threatening to do the bottom. We'll see how our resolve holds out. At least we wouldn't have to work from a 6' high scaffold.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, mmayer said:

in greece

astra pix for listing 001.jpg

Lovely!!!!  What type/design?

We've spent four days not sailing, in Northeast Harbor. With block ice for the box (at the NEH harbormasters), LED lights, smaller devices - iphones, ipads - to charge, our meager house bank (2 GRP 27) is holding up fine, no engine running time needed.

An added benefit to our energy conservation regime, perhaps: I've found that I haven't pulled out a single tool to 'fix' something, rare for our nearly 60 year old boat and many parts. 

NEH is a great place for us to recharge. Hiking, fresh provisions, water for the boat (all we needed, haven't moved the gauge on our 80 gal diesel tank). Time to get sailing again. 

751919099_SunsetEggemogginReachWoodenboat.thumb.jpg.07e8ad3b8387f5b1477a756a428ead3e.jpg

• Like 4

The yellow motorboat behind you is Sweetie, new ride for the gent who built Restive. We had dinner aboard Wednesday night in Frenchboro. 

Come to think of it, that must be at ERR, as he has his Center Harbor 31 tied alongside, and I'm behind you as well, right over your horseshoe ring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris Cringle said:

We've spent four days not sailing, in Northeast Harbor. With block ice for the box (at the NEH harbormasters), LED lights, smaller devices - iphones, ipads - to charge, our meager house bank (2 GRP 27) is holding up fine, no engine running time needed.

An added benefit to our energy conservation regime, perhaps: I've found that I haven't pulled out a single tool to 'fix' something, rare for our nearly 60 year old boat and many parts. 

NEH is a great place for us to recharge. Hiking, fresh provisions, water for the boat (all we needed, haven't moved the gauge on our 80 gal diesel tank). Time to get sailing again. 

751919099_SunsetEggemogginReachWoodenboat.thumb.jpg.07e8ad3b8387f5b1477a756a428ead3e.jpg

You’ll need more wind if you want to do that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

The yellow motorboat behind you is Sweetie, new ride for the gent who built Restive. We had dinner aboard Wednesday night in Frenchboro. 

Come to think of it, that must be at ERR, as he has his Center Harbor 31 tied alongside, and I'm behind you as well, right over your horseshoe ring.

Good eye. That was the sunset Friday night. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ds797 said:

Lovely!!!!  What type/design?

I’m thinking it’s a Deerfoot 2-62 but I guess we’ll have to wait to hear from the very lucky owner to be sure.

Holy moly, @Kris Cringle.  You should print calendars with those photos.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 10:55 AM, ChrisJD said:

Holy moly, @Kris Cringle.  You should print calendars with those photos.

The guy has talent.   I would hire him to photo my boat!  :D

10 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

The guy has talent.   I would hire him to photo my boat!  :D

Yup, better than most professionals. 

Renaming ceremony with the presence of king Neptune himself.

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-16 at 22.59.10.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bgytr said:

Cruising with the fam on the Chesapeake last week

20190816_100526.jpg

I thought you wrote "the farm" and I was looking for signs of agricultural activity. Nice, what boat?

A Ted Hood something.

Bristol?