Sign in to follow this  
JimBowie

WTF?

Who did what to someones adult grand daughter 

Just got an email

Members of the American Legion Yacht Club,

With out doubt, by now, most of you have heard rumors and/or received official notice from Post 291 regarding the suspension of the American Legion Yacht Club “from ALL meetings, events and activities on Post property, HUT, parking lot and Marina.”  In addition to these restrictions, a padlock has also been installed by the Post between the Cal 20 and Cal 22 in order to prevent their use.

The reason for this suspension is in reaction to an ongoing Bylaws dispute between ALYC and Post 291, with specific emphasis in regards to the “5 rules of subsidiary corporations” as mandated by American Legion National. However, contrary to rumor, at no time has the ALYC Board stated that we had no intention to follow these rules. Rather our position was always that we would follow them only once they were incorporated into an amendment which was reviewed and approved by the ALYC Members as described in Article XVIII of the 2006 ALYC Member Approved Bylaws.

Without getting too far into the history and details, the essence of the dispute lies with the Post’s demand/order to immediately implement these rules regardless of whether they violate the 2006 Bylaws. The Post Legal Counsel has advised them that since ALYC is a “Program”, and therefore a “subsidiary corporation”, they have sole authority to override these Bylaws and implement their own without approval of the ALYC Members. Meanwhile, ALYC Legal Counsel has advised us that the Post does not have this power and any failure on our part to abide by the 2006 Bylaws will leave all of the Officers and Directors open to personal liability.

Finally, at the 6 September, 2018, Post 291 Executive Board Meeting a set of ALYC Bylaws was submitted for “conditional approval” by the Post Judge Advocate, without consultation or input from the ALYC Board, with the condition that they would be effective immediately but are subject to review and revision at the October Executive Board Meeting. This motion was seconded and then unanimously approved. I was then asked whether ALYC would now abide by these Bylaws, to which I stated that, per our Legal Counsel, the ALYC Board could only abide by Bylaws approved or amended by the ALYC Members. In response to this statement a motion was made, seconded, and unanimously approved to suspend ALYC along with all reciprocity agreements with other yacht clubs.

This is an unfortunate incident that I wish could have been avoided but we, the ALYC Officers and Directors, have been placed in a difficult position between our fiduciary responsibility to you the members and the demand/orders of the Post 291 Executive Board. At this time, we are working with Post Leadership on possible resolutions to the dispute and I will keep you up-to-date with any changes or developments as they arise.

Respectfully,

Douglas Green
2018 Commodore
American Legion Yacht Clubs

23 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

Kicked the bridge players out ?  NOW you've done it !

The real war will come when the Canasta players are booted.

Any time your lawyer tells you that you can be personally liable, the shits gonna hit the fan. 

Jtfc!  I thought the godbotherers in the spinnaker thread were leading fun-fuckers until these guys said “Hold my beer!” 

Time to Rule69 them all for bringing the public image of yacht clubs into disrepute while they circle jerk with the lawyers.

1 hour ago, HFC Hunter said:

Time to Rule69 them all for bringing the public image of yacht clubs into disrepute 

Public image of YC's .

Thats some funny shit you wrote