Ahead lies a long walk down Memory Lane. Guess, where I am. And guess, whom I am missing.

I admit, it's not really AC (anymore), but WTH. Just enjoy the photos during this week...

20180915_134643.thumb.jpg.e7da236efd253cd9b17e108c624f9d21.jpg

For the Noobs hereabouts: These pix look line vacation shots, but believe me, they have a deeper meaning...
:D

20180915_150215.thumb.jpg.7d1a83b2669a410d07e5311c2931b5d8.jpg

20180915_150326.thumb.jpg.650f0aee447469e928458bd6fcb3dcb6.jpg

Nope, I don't really like that stuff. Had churros and a long walk...

20180915_160950.thumb.jpg.8c75c5d8f60f90c41373073e6c069082.jpg

20180915_162705.thumb.jpg.fe82dfb13373fd6ab01c21b74285b89e.jpg

20180915_164139.thumb.jpg.fef74d0fd657d79adca9bf05f6d8c10a.jpg

20180915_163341.thumb.jpg.2b93910d8eb083489b65e6b265c4e03e.jpg

Bit sad to see the dilapidated bases.

Love it!

Is that little bar on Malvarossa Beach where we played billiards late one night during AC33 still there? Was so much fun!

5 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

And the last for today: What is this???
20180915_160830.thumb.jpg.3ec7ffa1d6ab74c2715d1e03afbcd43c.jpg

Is that the Desafio boat that the keel was practically eaten by electrolysis and then capsized in it's marine berth?

12 hours ago, ~HHN92~ said:

VLC, I'll be jealously watching this week...

Yep, beautiful city too.
I'm looking foreward to some good ole traditional monohull racing as well.

9 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Love it!

Is that little bar on Malvarossa Beach where we played billiards late one night during AC33 still there? Was so much fun!

I wondered yesterday, where exactly that bar was. Things have changed only a little bit hereabouts in 8 years, so it might be still here, somewhere. I just can't remember the name or the exact location.
My hotel (the same as in 2010!) has been refurbished tho, and is quite nice now.

7 hours ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Is that the Desafio boat that the keel was practically eaten by electrolysis and then capsized in it's marine berth?

I do not know. My question was not a rhetoric one, I really wonder what boat that is, too.

2 hours ago, maxmini said:

The site of the last well attended AmericasCup ?  :) 

Yes, indeed. Plus the site of one of the most special ACs.
One really cool thing is, one can see quite a frew AC32 reminiscences here in the marina, like those gratings and manhole covers. Plus traces of the F1 track. It's fun to take an evening stroll...

19 hours ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Hmmmm, is this the corresponding bulb?

It's on display just a couple of meters away from that boat.

20180916_095433.thumb.jpg.97faf21243fdae78d4e0d42fa1006119.jpg

Bart's Bash triathlon - a bit of fun in the morning for a good cause and in memory of Andrew Simpson. Ian Percy was here too, giving a good and emotional speech.

bb2.thumb.JPG.ca13c2e00fc8bec6a05d8a02b324af0b.JPG

On 9/15/2018 at 5:27 PM, Rennmaus said:

Bit sad to see the dilapidated bases.

The AC as schöpferische Zerstörung. Schumpeter's gale has passed this way.

^Sophisticated reply, wow. 

To my big disappointment, the Neptuno lounge, our beloved Anarchist hang-out, went the way of "destruction" too. It's a restaurant now, still for the Hotel, but no bar/lounge anymore :(

But, @Stingray~ , it looks line I found the bar. At least, there's a joint nearby that looks like it and has a billiard table, Its name: "Vivir sin dormir". Fits.

My old office was the building directly behind the bulb. Top turret at the far end. Was a great office and good times. At the time the AC was central to my working life..... how things change!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

But, @Stingray~ , it looks line I found the bar. At least, there's a joint nearby that looks like it and has a billiard table, Its name: "Vivir sin dormir". Fits.

Cheers, enjoy!

Renn, wave tomorrow when the camera is on you, also check with Andi. Met him in Miami along with Dan Nixon, both cool guys. Dan will enjoy seeing someone from SA on-scene for the races. (if you do not know those guys already)

edit: will you be on the water?

13 hours ago, ~HHN92~ said:

Renn, wave tomorrow when the camera is on you, also check with Andi. Met him in Miami along with Dan Nixon, both cool guys. Dan will enjoy seeing someone from SA on-scene for the races. (if you do not know those guys already)

edit: will you be on the water?

Never knew when the camera was on us, we tried to stay away from it.

We met Dan (he handled the accreditation etc.), but not Andi, although he's around. A press guy called Jorge is a real peach, caring for us, and yes, thanks to him, we've been on the water for the first race today. We shot too many pictures; it will take an awful lot of time to review them.
I assume, we'll be on the water again the next days.

More - and some pix - later, when I go rid of all the slimy sunscreen and put some vegetarian paella into my belly (and wrote some lines for SA.de).

Some race pix that I like, thanks to Rennmausman.

Bart's Bash, JS won the SUP part...

bb1.thumb.JPG.142eb35a60c1d6af64de5d577d79960a.JPG

bb3.thumb.JPG.856a762b00d742b8b508ad080e6bd55c.JPG

Mark rounding

DSC02958.thumb.JPG.5b3f507c4ed80ffb4773ba0cd1ace473.JPG

Match racing???

DSC02861.thumb.JPG.71a87d43b72ab36010ed030d76d5e249.JPG

Say Hi to the gang for me, the guys in the video production truck were cool also, allowed me to watch and checked to make sure I could see everything good.

1489248021732.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

^ Cook, thanks a lot.
I will try to get there... :D

SUI 100 was there with it at one point, I think.

Google maps shows a mono by her side, maybe it's SUI 100.
I'll try to find out on Sat or Sun. It's a rather long walk from where we stay...

^ Funny indeed. We wondered how the Valencianos take these sculptures in such a relaxed way. Until we read about it, and they don't - not all at least. These sculptures are really explicit...

17 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

20180922_101258.thumb.jpg.90cdbca5ac1de5dcb33408d93c0b8bce.jpg
20180922_101700.thumb.jpg.1688e464a61cb41656e70491dc4c91f8.jpg

OK, but does the motor still crank, I heard she overheats a bit?

Nothing is cranking there anymore. And while EB deserves all the rubbish there is in this place, it's hard to see this boat in such a state without getting emotional. Especially if you've seen her up and running... 8 years ago.

What a shame that these guys feel the need to push things so hard that they leave a trail of destruction behind them and no way back in for themselves

Been out this weekend so just catching up. It is a shame to see all the work expended on that boat to just go to waste, V7 boat also. It would take a ton of money to put this Humpty Dumpty back together. Hope you guys had a great time between the regatta and memory lane walks, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Is it just the pictuire or did they cover the Alinghi name at the bows?

So that noone comes up with the idea of who deposited his garbage there?

9 hours ago, ~HHN92~ said:

Been out this weekend so just catching up. It is a shame to see all the work expended on that boat to just go to waste, V7 boat also. It would take a ton of money to put this Humpty Dumpty back together. Hope you guys had a great time between the regatta and memory lane walks, thanks for sharing.

We had a great time indeed. Even without the extra AC history walks and the TP52 regatta, Valenica is worth the trip. It's an underrated city compared to Barcelona or Granada, as it's beautiful, if you like art, architecture, beach and a very relaxed mood. One of my favorite destinations.

3 hours ago, Wolkenzug said:

Is it just the pictuire or did they cover the Alinghi name at the bows?

So that noone comes up with the idea of who deposited his garbage there?

The Alinghi lettering is painted over, yes. But who knows by whom, probably the team did it. "Unfortunately" in a way that anyone with just a bit of AC knowledge would know that the graphics mean "Alinghi".

21 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

The Alinghi lettering is painted over, yes. But who knows by whom, probably the team did it. "Unfortunately" in a way that anyone with just a bit of AC knowledge would know that the graphics mean "Alinghi".

Funny, that must have happened lately because the Google Maps pictures still have the Alinghi logos on both boats, A5 and the IACC.

Google-Maps.thumb.jpg.139d8457538528c5aae008bbd7c0e0a7.jpg

11 hours ago, Wolkenzug said:

Funny, that must have happened lately because the Google Maps pictures still have the Alinghi logos on both boats, A5 and the IACC.

Plus, all the rubbish isn't there yet on GM. The boats look a lot more complete as well. this picture ^ must be years old.
Standing underneath CZ, she looked like the Flying Dutchman. But again, she is huge.

Did they use a plotter to paint over those?

"She's letting the side down now, do it quick and don't waste a drop!"