Spatial Ed

Kaven-No?

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

In the instance that has you so cranked up my commentary on the quote amounted to "Oh boy". Yes I stand behind that. As our self appointed forum policeman do you have a problem with that?

I just want to make sure that I am talking about something you said before I spend time pointing out the falsehood, only to find out that it was only something you posted, not something you meant.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Kavanaugh is a liar. This is established.

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/08/brett-kavanaughs-perjury-avalanche-50-years-in-the-making/

Establish media just isn't much interested in exploring that for some reason. Perhaps because they know it will go nowhere with a GOP majority anyway.

If he will lie to cover his past about political machinations and illegally using stolen intelligence, it is completely reasonable to extrapolate he'd also lie about assaulting a woman to protect himself.

Absolutely .

And that is the crux of the issue , the man is unfit for the position .

14 minutes ago, Mid said:

Absolutely .

And that is the crux of the issue , the man is unfit for the position .

Is this the statement you hold to be in conflict with his stated belief that Roe is settled law?

"Im not sure that all legal scholars refer to Roe as the settled law of the land at the supreme court level since court can always overrule it's precedent".

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I just want to make sure that I am talking about something you said before I spend time pointing out the falsehood, only to find out that it was only something you posted, not something you meant.  

Look for quotation marks, they should help you determine who the author is.

My statement stands on it's own .

As a proven LIAR he is unfit to be a SCOTUS judge .

End Of .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mid said:

End Of .

Well that depends.  If one happens to BE a proven liar, such a trait might be seen as an asset instead of a liability.  

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

Look for quotation marks, they should help you determine who the author is.

So it was you that posted that Judge K was only accused of groping?  You stand by that statement?  

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well that depends.  If one happens to BE a proven liar, such a trait might be seen as an asset instead of a liability.  

I'm having a delivery of Purple Font sent to you ...................:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mid said:

End Of .

No it doesn't. Is this the statement you hold to be in conflict with his stated belief that Roe is settled law?

"Im not sure that all legal scholars refer to Roe as the settled law of the land at the supreme court level since court can always overrule it's precedent".

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Haven't read anything yet this AM, but wanted to toss this out: 

I was thinking about this last night - and I think that there a lot of similarities between Kavanaugh's nomination and Hillary Clinton's: 

1) Both are considered to be extremely qualified by their supporters
2) Both have an incredible amount of animus from their opponents
3) If elected/confirmed - their occupation of the office is likely to be contentious and ineffective due to that distraction

I think that both nominating groups are completely ignoring the 3rd point, and think that that's a mistake - why get a "win" if that win is going to cost you more than it benefits you in the future?   It'd be like winning the HGTV dream home, but not being able to keep it because you can't afford the mortgage you'd have to take out to pay the taxes on it.

Thinking about this a little more - the biggest political coup that the Rs could achieve right now would be to convince Kavanaugh to decline the nomination, and to nominate Garland instead.   The Rs could prove that they are interested in fairness ( though I doubt most are), that nomination would negate most of the LWNM talking points, and put a substantial deposit in the Rs political capital account.   I don't expect them to do this - but, I did send a note last night to Barbara Comstock that closely follows the thoughts I expressed in this post. 

Why get a "win" if that win.....?

Simple.  It's all about the win and making sure the other side loses.

That is ALL that matters.  If you can humiliate the other side in the process, that is a "win-win".

Do note I attached no particular political party to this statement.  It is simply a description of the motivation in politics, today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I well remember the "type" you describe and they never failed to say Yes Sir and Yes Ma'am while the parents were around :rolleyes: Your parents wound NOT believe it if you told them what they were really like.

OTOH neither of us know the judge and maybe this thing never happened and maybe it did and he learned from it and decided to treat women with respect for the rest of his life or maybe his wife threatened to cut his balls off if he kept it up. We have no way of knowing as of yet. I would hate for my job to rest on 3rd hand rumors from high school in 1980.

How about we shit-can the douche because we KNOW FOR A FACT he is a liar ;)

He’s a known liar and an accused sex predator. Are we talking about Kav or the Prez?

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I well remember the "type" you describe and they never failed to say Yes Sir and Yes Ma'am while the parents were around :rolleyes: Your parents wound NOT believe it if you told them what they were really like.

OTOH neither of us know the judge and maybe this thing never happened and maybe it did and he learned from it and decided to treat women with respect for the rest of his life or maybe his wife threatened to cut his balls off if he kept it up. We have no way of knowing as of yet. I would hate for my job to rest on 3rd hand rumors from high school in 1980.

How about we shit-can the douche because we KNOW FOR A FACT he is a liar ;)

He’s a known liar and an accused sex predator. Are we talking about Kav or the Prez?

porter went to brown, so we can assume he is talking about a kennedy

I was thinking about this last night - and I think that there a lot of similarities between Kavanaugh's nomination and Hillary Clinton's: 

3) If elected/confirmed - their occupation of the office is likely to be contentious and ineffective due to that distraction

I think that both nominating groups are completely ignoring the 3rd point, and think that that's a mistake - why get a "win" if that win is going to cost you more than it benefits you in the future?   It'd be like winning the HGTV dream home, but not being able to keep it because you can't afford the mortgage you'd have to take out to pay the taxes on it.

Thinking about this a little more - the biggest political coup that the Rs could achieve right now would be to convince Kavanaugh to decline the nomination, and to nominate Garland instead.   The Rs could prove that they are interested in fairness ( though I doubt most are), that nomination would negate most of the LWNM talking points, and put a substantial deposit in the Rs political capital account.   I don't expect them to do this - but, I did send a note last night to Barbara Comstock that closely follows the thoughts I expressed in this post. 

I disagree. First off, Trump would *never ever in 10,000,000 years* do anything like that and secondly no one expects the Republicans to control all of the government and not nominate judges they like.

What I would like to see is the Senate tell Trump to GTFO with a judge who we know lies and who seems to be picked solely for his views on investigating sitting presidents. The ONLY reason the alleged pussy-grabber (jr version) is in there is to benefit TRUMP, not the country or Republicans or anyone else. There are plenty of conservative judges who could sail right through with nothing but pro-forma resistance.

6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Well both actually, but only one is up for confirmation right now :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Well both actually, but only one is up for confirmation right now :rolleyes:

Exactly, so this guy is the perfect nominee of this Prez. I think we need to be reminded that elections have consequences on occasion. This is the dope-slap to end all dope-slaps.

I agree that the course you sense would be wonderfully effective for the GOP, but I think the chances of it happening are somewhere be slim and none and slim is off sailing somewhere. To believe this would happen would also require belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

This is about a sacred spot on the SC. Why is Judge Kavanaugh not asking for an investigation? 

2 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I agree that the course you sense would be wonderfully effective for the GOP, but I think the chances of it happening are somewhere be slim and none and slim is off sailing somewhere. To believe this would happen would also require belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

No doubt.  Still - gotta hope that the communications to the reps will at least be read by someone, and with enough?  Might be the start of a change.   I suspect I'll get a form letter reply, though she did send me a personal response when I asked about her vote for the tax cut. 

2 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

This is about a sacred spot on the SC. Why is Judge Kavanaugh not asking for an investigation? 

Ambition & Entitlement?

3 minutes ago, Amati said:

Ambition & Entitlement?

Okay. (No need for Bueller to reply.) 

Mr. Scalia thought he was cute, as he squatted on the scales of justice. These are the wrong looks for the Supreme Court.

5 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No doubt.  Still - gotta hope that the communications to the reps will at least be read by someone, and with enough?  Might be the start of a change.   I suspect I'll get a form letter reply, though she did send me a personal response when I asked about her vote for the tax cut. 

Good for you to be in communication with your rep(s). Not many people do so and the ones that do tend to be from the fringes (both sides) with a strong commitment to a particular cause. If reps at all levels got contacted frequently by a representative group of their constituents it might help, or so we hope.

16 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
19 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Chess tosses in a thoughtful idea, based on fair play. I love the idea, and I've desired that outcome as well, in wild fantasy.

Square peg, round hole.

The plan  would be rejected because of those very qualities (thoughtfullness and fairness). The Republicans haven't rolled with fair principles since Ginrich, they just take what they want, however they can get it, IMO. They re-district at will, roll back the civil rights act, and aborted a SC nomination by a sitting administration. They would place a hinky liar and alleged rapist type on the SC without blinking an eye.

12 hours ago, jzk said:

So you are a racist, an ageist, and a sexist all in the same sentence.  Nice job!

A down vote for opposing racism, sexism and ageism.  I guess it is ok to be a racist, a sexist, and an ageist as long as you are the right kind.

• Downvote 1

Well, this changes everything -

“Former Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore called on Republicans to ‘take a stand’ and support suggested U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh following the sexual misconduct allegations levied against him, adding that he believes the Democrats are using Kavanaugh’s accuser as a political pawn,” the Birmingham News reports.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

“Former Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore called on Republicans to ‘take a stand’ and support suggested U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh following the sexual misconduct allegations levied against him, adding that he believes the Democrats are using Kavanaugh’s accuser as a political pawn,” the Birmingham News reports.

who needs enemies when you have supporters like Roy Moore

9 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

who needs enemies when you have supporters like Roy Moore

Roy Moore is like Joe Arpaio - scumbags who have a solid block of supporters amongst the Republican faithful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Question - you don't think this is being used as a political pawn? 

Of course it is, but it doesn't make it untrue.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Those were the days, when Good Americans could just take what they wanted, and anyone who objected could count on having a little ol house party at their place to teach them about getting uppity. 

1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

Question - you don't think this is being used as a political pawn? 

i hate negative questions.   but yes, I don't think she's being used as a political pawn.

10 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Doesn't make it true.

which then means that your question was irrelevant to the issue.

Benghazi!!

1 minute ago, Dog said:

So much for president Cory Booker

"In 1992, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) admitted in his college newspaper that he groped an unwilling drunk girl when he was a teenager".

https://topstoriesusa.com/democrat-cory-booker-admits-to-groping-unwilling-drunk-girl-as-a-teen/

At least he had the balls to own it.

Just now, Ishmael said:

Is he still fit to be a Senator?

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

So much for president Cory Booker...

"In 1992, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) admitted in his college newspaper that he groped an unwilling drunk girl when he was a teenager".

https://topstoriesusa.com/democrat-cory-booker-admits-to-groping-unwilling-drunk-girl-as-a-teen/

Anybody wanting a good laugh, cruise on over to https://topstoriesusa.com and peruse the story titles.  Hilarious. 

And they are looking for writers.   PA Field trip?

I’m here to call on folks to understand that in a moral moment there is no neutral. In a moral moment there is no bystanders,... Cory Booker

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

Bogus site and story.  They doggie style about as well as you do.

SAD!

15 minutes ago, Dog said:

Hell, he's head and shoulders above Trump in the honour and truth department. He would certainly make a better president.

So much for women having a right to be believed...

“No, they don't,” Monahan tweeted in response to a question whether the party believes women’s stories. “I've been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party. I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/18/keith-ellison-domestic-violence-accuser-says-democratic-party-doesnt-believe-her-story.html

25 minutes ago, Dog said:

Why am I not surprised when you chime in to say "They did it, too/worse/first!"?

Because that is a good part about your posting history.

So is this fake news?

If it is true, he admitted he did it and admitted he shouldn't have. He did not lie about it or accuse the girl of lying and also note did not try and suffocate said girl.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

And here's Dog with the what-aboutism shitposting.

Is Cory Booker unfit, should he resign?

Just now, kent_island_sailor said:

So is this fake news?

If it is true, he admitted he did it and admitted he shouldn't have. He did not lie about it or accuse the girl of lying and also note did not try and suffocate said girl.

He did not try to suffocate her, well I guess that's something.

11 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

So did Franken...  ( of course, Franken's behavior ended up being a bit more insidious than just the photo, that in and of itself shouldn't have warranted more than an apology) 

Just now, benwynn said:

Possibly. What did he lie about?

As far as I know he didn't lie, he engaged in unwanted groping.

I believe I once saw a photo of Cory Booker biting his finger nail.  And yet he probably has issues with Jeffery Dahmer. 

Don't mind me.  Just working on a writing gig over at one of Dog's "news" sources.

Just now, Dog said:

So there you go. If Judge Kavennaugh is shown to have done the same AND LIED ABOUT IT, will you still support him?

Just now, d'ranger said:

Alex, I'll take "Deflections" for $600

Oh, I think it's related.

Just now, kent_island_sailor said:

So there you go. If Judge Kavennaugh is shown to have done the same AND LIED ABOUT IT, will you still support him?

Bullshit.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Dog said:

One down.  Next up:

What did he do when he realized such grouping was unwanted?

Just now, Dog said:

Oh, I think it's related.

If he did do it it isn't a big deal because people did it on the other side.

And if did it and he lied about it, it's no big deal, because he's a man of good character.

Just now, benwynn said:

One down.  Next up:

He groped her. Is that acceptable behavior in a United States Senator.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

4 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

No.  I would not support him if he's proven to have done the deed and have lied about it.  Let me know when that proof arrives and I'll be happy to put the noose around his neck.  

Just now, benwynn said:

I already told you, after she pushed him away he groped her.

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

He did not try to suffocate her, well I guess that's something.

not just "something"

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

grope

attempted rape

someone's doggy stylin...

Just now, benwynn said:

I agree.  I've had to ask you twice. 

Not because I didn't answer you the first time.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Excellent question.

4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Apparently he (booker) continued to grope her again.

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

Is Cory Booker unfit, should he resign?

Did he cover someone's mouth to keep her from calling for help, making her worry that he might accidentally kill her in the process?  Is his job a lifetime appointment or do voters have to decide whether to send him back or send him home?  

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Did he cover someone's mouth to keep her from calling for help, making her worry that he might accidentally kill her in the process?  Is his job a lifetime appointment or do voters have to decide whether to send him back or send him home?  

Can SCOTUS judges be impeached?

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He has admitted to unwanted groping...Is that acceptable behavior for a US senator?

45 minutes ago, Dog said:

What if he was the President? Still fit? oh, never mind that guy just denies and his faithful never question it.  Totally different.

Just now, d'ranger said:

What if he was the President? Still fit? oh, never mind that guy just denies and his faithful never question it.  Totally different.

I'm for one am on record holding that Trump is unfit.

51 minutes ago, Dog said:

Do you even read the shit you post?

“New Year’s Eve 1984,” Booker recalled. “I will never forget. I was 15. As the ball dropped, I leaned over to hug a friend and she met me instead with an overwhelming kiss.”

“As we fumbled upon the bed, I remember debating my next ‘move’ as if it were a chess game. With the ‘Top Gun’ slogan ringing in my head, I slowly reached for her breast. After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my ‘mark,’” Booker wrote.

Our grouping ended soon and while no ‘relationship’ ensued, a friendship did,” he wrote. “You see, the next week in school she told me she was drunk that night and didn’t really know what she was doing.”

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

He has admitted to unwanted groping...Is that acceptable behavior for a US senator?

I know you don't have any opinion, but is that what Kavanaugh's accuser is implying?
A quick little grope?

4 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

Do you even read the shit you post?

“New Year’s Eve 1984,” Booker recalled. “I will never forget. I was 15. As the ball dropped, I leaned over to hug a friend and she met me instead with an overwhelming kiss.”

“As we fumbled upon the bed, I remember debating my next ‘move’ as if it were a chess game. With the ‘Top Gun’ slogan ringing in my head, I slowly reached for her breast. After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my ‘mark,’” Booker wrote.

Our grouping ended soon and while no ‘relationship’ ensued, a friendship did,” he wrote. “You see, the next week in school she told me she was drunk that night and didn’t really know what she was doing.”

that is not disqualifying from anything.

17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What was Sen. Booker's admission, exactly, in his words?  

I'm hoping it is an acceptable admission. Something along the lines of "I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time.”

45 minutes ago, Dog said:

Cite please.  His entire statement.  

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Bullshit.

kis asks a "Yes" or "No" question.  You answer "Bullshit".

50 minutes ago, Dog said:

Ah - neither thing is true. The first half is highly debatable and the second half is absolutely not true unless he was a Senator at age 15 :rolleyes:

Remember we are talking about an adult lying in 2018 - or is that too hard for you?

59 minutes ago, Dog said:
1 hour ago, benwynn said:

It's the topstoriesusa daily double!

And the answer is....

This former NFL quarterback makes large donations to Pro-Abortion groups.

https://topstoriesusa.com/nike-money-colin-kaepernick-makes-large-donations-to-pro-abortion-groups/

D...this is what a deflection looks like.

How did a deflection from Kavanaugh get to Kaepernick?

Oh, right.  You first deflected from Kavanaugh to Booker.

Carry on.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

kis asks a "Yes" or "No" question.  You answer "Bullshit".

Oh shit...I misread it. I thought he was saying Kavanaugh had been shown to have done it and lied. No I would not support him in those circumstances.

Apologies KIS.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Oh shit...I misread it. I thought he was saying Kavanaugh had been shown to have done it and lied. No I would not support him in those circumstances.

Apologies KIS.

Well OK then - now to find out if he lied ;)

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

How did a deflection from Kavanaugh get to Kaepernick?

Oh, right.  You first deflected from Kavanaugh to Booker.

Carry on.

I deflected from groping to groping. You know "whataboutism" which I view as valid and instructive.