Lifted Tack

Nike Value Soars

15 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

But, but, didn't they burn the shoes? Didn't we promise to boycott Nike? How could this be?

After they burned them, they had to buy new ones.  Dopes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

After they burned them, they had to buy new ones.  Dopes.

There'll be a lot of trucks at Walmart today.

8 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Nike is seeing a boost of $6,000,000,000 to its market value. Trump said they were getting killed. Is this 'Fake News"?

You destroy a lot of product, expect a surge in replacement product at market rates.  Nike should sell Hillary hats now.

I tried to watch an interview with Sarina Williams last night. She sat there with the camera angles all placed to pick up he Nike logos - including her shoes. As she waffled on about how women’s rights are her only concern as they cut to images of her one year old daughter dressed in Nike logos. Personally after her behaviour (including stating that her coach had lied about coaching her from the stand) I would never buy anything made by Nike. She is a piece of work. You would think that Nike would  understand how brand association works by now. Who on earth would want to act and look like her?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I tried to watch an interview with Sarina Williams last night. She sat there with the camera angles all placed to pick up he Nike logos - including her shoes. As she waffled on about how women’s rights are her only concern as they cut to images of her one year old daughter dressed in Nike logos. Personally after her behaviour (including stating that her coach had lied about coaching her from the stand) I would never buy anything made by Nike. She is a piece of work. You would think that Nike would  understand how brand association works by now. Who on earth would want to act and look like her?

But you probably were not going to buy anything from Nike before this so it does not cost them anything. You are not part of their target demographic as they say in the trade.

12 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

If you're going to bitch about someone, you could at least spell their name correctly.

Now, where are my new Nikes?  Time to hit the court.

Just now, Bristol-Cruiser said:

But you probably were not going to buy anything from Nike before this so it does not cost them anything. You are not part of their target demographic as they say in the trade.

My demographic are in fact among the most loyal of consumers. I have bought Nike trainers for years because they fit well and were of a good quality. Having spent 20 years in marketing it doesn’t work on me. The opposite works on me. I won’t buy based on association, but I will withdraw my support based on it. The ‘target’ demographic that buy brands based on fashion and association are in fact the least loyal. If they were smart they would now realise that 50% of people who shop now dislike her including people like me who finds tennis about as interesting as baseball. 

Just now, Left Shift said:

If you're going to bitch about someone, you could at least spell their name correctly.

Now, where are my new Nikes?  Time to hit the court.

He shoots- he scores! Like taking candy from Randumb.

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

My demographic are in fact among the most loyal of consumers. I have bought Nike trainers for years because they fit well and were of a good quality. Having spent 20 years in marketing it doesn’t work on me. The opposite works on me. I won’t buy based on association, but I will withdraw my support based on it. The ‘target’ demographic that buy brands based on fashion and association are in fact the least loyal. If they were smart they would now realise that 50% of people who shop now dislike her including people like me who finds tennis about as interesting as baseball. 

$6,000,000,000. They understand targeted marketing.

Well apart from Oscar Pistorius of course. That was one of their rare forays in sponsoring white athletes and it didn’t end well. Not that their target market (inner city street gangs) wouldn’t have approved of his violent behaviour...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Well apart from Oscar Pistorius of course. That was one of their rare forays in sponsoring white athletes and it didn’t end well. Not that their target market (inner city street gangs) wouldn’t have approved of his violent behaviour...

Harsh. Harsh on Serena too.

You need to race boats against random.

29 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Harsh. Harsh on Serena too.

You need to race boats against random.

I think I see what you did there. I make no secret of my dislike of her. There are other ‘best if all time’ athletes (and she is certainly one) that have carried themselves better. Her behaviour at the open was as bad as anything I have seen in sport, but to not only lie about it, but to then claim she was a downtrodden victim standing up for women’s rights? Seriously? 

I personly don’t hold the view that a sports star needs to be a angelic role model outside of there sport. If Tiger wants to bang every women with a pulse he meets, or a football player uploads a video of him pissing in his own mouth (yup) I don’t give a fuck. But sports need rules and rules need police and respect for that role (judge, umpire, referee whatever the sport calls it), is paramount. No other sport tolerates this level of abuse .(maybe baseball?) 

if they tried that in rugby or cricket they would be sent off and suspended. 

But in tennis it is tolerated and so that kind of deceitful, entitled and childish behaviour she exhibited was fucked up in anyone world. Yet, like Trump supporters, her fans and the usual hand wringing conspiracy nut jobs jump to her defence and twist the reality to suit their narrative.

Fuck her and the tick who owns her.

10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Personally,  I still like bh 41's no matter who else has sailed them.

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I think I see what you did there. I make no secret of my dislike of her. There are other ‘best if all time’ athletes (and she is certainly one) that have carried themselves better. Her behaviour at the open was as bad as anything I have seen in sport

CHALK FLEW UP is still a classic.

21 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Nike is seeing a boost of $6,000,000,000 to its market value. Trump said they were getting killed. Is this 'Fake News"?

That is not sales, it is wall street.

46 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

SO?

Enron soared after it fell, the first time. I made a tidy sum. There is always a bounce. 

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Enron soared after it fell, the first time. I made a tidy sum. There is always a bounce. 

No indication of a failure, more evidence of a boom.

2 hours ago, warbird said:

Maybe you should short Nike stock then. Another tidy sum or two to be had when people realize that Nike sales have collapsed because so many people are disgusted with this ad campaign. 

LB you just don't understand if you think that Nike's target market is inner city street gangs. Perhaps you should keep track of your own posts since you trumpeted (sorry!) that you are now a disgusted long-time Nike wearer. But perhaps you are member of an inner city street gang and we just didn't know it. Not having the latest Air Jordans will make it harder for you to look cool I guess. Nike execs will be crying in their martinis - nothing worse than a diluted, salty martini.

7 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

- nothing worse than a diluted, salty martini.

I dunno, I'm pretty tired of bartenders saying they know what a Dark and Stormy is, and getting ginger ale/clear rum. 

Blech.

Enron was based on bullshit, speculation and book cooking. The appropriate comparison is not to Nike but Trump.

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Maybe you should short Nike stock then. Another tidy sum or two to be had when people realize that Nike sales have collapsed because so many people are disgusted with this ad campaign. 

LB you just don't understand if you think that Nike's target market is inner city street gangs. Perhaps you should keep track of your own posts since you trumpeted (sorry!) that you are now a disgusted long-time Nike wearer. But perhaps you are member of an inner city street gang and we just didn't know it. Not having the latest Air Jordans will make it harder for you to look cool I guess. Nike execs will be crying in their martinis - nothing worse than a diluted, salty martini.

I see The butthurt from making my graph is still giving you discomfort. Time will heal all petal. 

8 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

The only reason you don't like her is that she's a black woman. If she was an old white dude you'd think she was the greatest thing that ever happened to the sport! :angry:

If an old white dude played in US women's open final I admit I would be surprised, but it  wouldn't make tennis anymore interesting. I find the game about as interesting as country and western music and that is dominated by old white dudes on both sides of the radio. 

8 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Personally,  I still like bh 41's no matter who else has sailed them.

They still look pretty flash from the cockpit of an Hood 23 I guess.

27 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

If an old white dude played in US women's open final I admit I would be surprised, but it  wouldn't make tennis anymore interesting. I find the game about as interesting as country and western music and that is dominated by old white dudes on both sides of the radio. 

Do you like cricket, you referenced it? One thing we experienced in our sailing is what sports are locally popular. We quite liked the rugby we saw - All Blacks beating Oz a couple of times once on a very big screen outdoors in Fiji with a crowd of a hundred or so and absolutely loved Aussie rules football. Saw a live game in Darwin with a team from Melbourne playing a team from Adelaide - apparently they have one game a year there. Great spectacle. Saw a couple of cricket matches - one in South Africa where Oz came back from a big deficit on the last day of the test to beat the locals. Caused a lot of extra beer consumption and swearing as I remember. Also saw a local game in Grenada. Made watching baseball seem interesting. About as exciting as watching paint drying.

41 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I see The butthurt from making my graph is still giving you discomfort. Time will heal all petal. 

Could someone translate this into English for me?

50 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Could someone translate this into English for me?

I don’t think anyone else needs it translated.

I am sure there is something that will ease the pain.

52 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Do you like cricket, you referenced it? One thing we experienced in our sailing is what sports are locally popular. We quite liked the rugby we saw - All Blacks beating Oz a couple of times once on a very big screen outdoors in Fiji with a crowd of a hundred or so and absolutely loved Aussie rules football. Saw a live game in Darwin with a team from Melbourne playing a team from Adelaide - apparently they have one game a year there. Great spectacle. Saw a couple of cricket matches - one in South Africa where Oz came back from a big deficit on the last day of the test to beat the locals. Caused a lot of extra beer consumption and swearing as I remember. Also saw a local game in Grenada. Made watching baseball seem interesting. About as exciting as watching paint drying.

Feel better now petal? You got to work into that post a inference to your Sailing as well as your dislike of cricket. You should be well pleased with yourself. You usually are. Now back to google with you to find a new thread topic cupcake.

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Feel better now petal? You got to work into that post a inference to your Sailing as well as your dislike of cricket. You should be well pleased with yourself. You usually are. Now back to google with you to find a new thread topic cupcake.

Gee, if no one started topics you would have no where to show off how cool, witty, and intelligent you are. That would be very sad for you - not so much for the rest of us. BTW, calling other people by 'endearments' like petal and cupcake does not fit into the categories of cool, witty, or intelligent. Just a bit sad with a touch of creepy.

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Gee, if no one started topics you would have no where to show off how cool, witty, and intelligent you are. That would be very sad for you - not so much for the rest of us. BTW, calling other people by 'endearments' like petal and cupcake does not fit into the categories of cool, witty, or intelligent. Just a bit sad with a touch of creepy.

I keep seeing LB as Dame Edna, for some reason.

Dame_Edna_Everage.jpg

On 9/23/2018 at 9:35 AM, badlatitude said:

If Rosenstein were getting Nike endorsement moolah, nope.......

https://www.barrons.com/articles/stocks-were-stuck-between-a-wall-and-a-hard-place-51545432355

Well, well, well. The stock market is down 414 points, yet Nike stock is up 7.1%.

Year to date, Nike is up 15.7%.

Seems like the marketing and analytical types at Nike were right this time.

So, the other night on No Mercy No Malice - a show hosted by Scott Galloway https://www.profgalloway.com/

Which if you haven't seen it is cutting edge business info and on the topic of winners and losers in this economy one of the big winners? Nike. Because they stood with Colin and the sales worldwide of those $200+ type sneakers are way up. Not my market, I have some cowboy boots that cost more than that (hey, every Texan is required to have a pair of fancy dress ones) but the kids today go for it big time. I knew it hadn't hurt Nike but didn't realize what a market boost it was. Smart guys there.

Today I read that JJ Watt will be taking a knee for the national anthem. I remember the civil rights and Vietnam protests and never thought I would see such significant change so quickly.  Just when it seemed the darkest a light is breaking for the dawn.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:04 PM, LB 15 said:

For fuck sack, petunia...If you are going to dis her, at least spell her name right and don't do it anonymously.   

As for "acting and looking"?  Check her fame and success and then check yours.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:12 AM, sail611 said:

"Hype beasts we know 'bout ya....don't buy shoes 'nless they pop-lar."

Don't believe me, just watch.......

Wearing your Musto and Gill gear are you?

15 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

So, the other night on No Mercy No Malice - a show hosted by Scott Galloway https://www.profgalloway.com/

Which if you haven't seen it is cutting edge business info and on the topic of winners and losers in this economy one of the big winners? Nike. Because they stood with Colin and the sales worldwide of those $200+ type sneakers are way up. Not my market, I have some cowboy boots that cost more than that (hey, every Texan is required to have a pair of fancy dress ones) but the kids today go for it big time. I knew it hadn't hurt Nike but didn't realize what a market boost it was. Smart guys there.

Today I read that JJ Watt will be taking a knee for the national anthem. I remember the civil rights and Vietnam protests and never thought I would see such significant change so quickly.  Just when it seemed the darkest a light is breaking for the dawn.

I have a near 40 year old pair of Tony Lama's that I should have resouled. Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1