TQA

ICW TO BE CLOSED

1 hour ago, TQA said:

Part of the ICW in South Carolina to be closed until 19th October. 

See for more 

http://track.boatus.com/dm?id=04521A4D2CA5222F3E51110173BD7C9D92F942553AB3726E

What a bummer.  What will happen to all those snowbird reservations at the Carolina Opry or the Myrtle Beach Alligator Adventure?

Not sure what's worse. Having plans to head south on the IWC and being delayed/inconvenienced or alternatively, being stuck above 40'N for the winter. 

Closed until October 19th.   How is that stuck for winter?

Well, there is this thing called  THE OCEAN.  They could try that... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sail69 said:

25 minutes ago, sail69 said:

Could easily be opened earlier, set the date at worst case scenario so folks don’t go all , you said, you said. That and I don’t think they’ll be a law enforcement blockade, so if you have the experience and confidence you may still be able to transit, last parts conjecture 

• Like 1

Most insurance policies for boats from the Chesapeake and points north of there don't let boats travel south of Cape Hatteras until Oct 31 anyways. This isn't going to be as big a deal as the ALL CAPS thread title would lead you to believe. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Could easily be opened earlier, set the date at worst case scenario so folks don’t go all , you said, you said. That and I don’t think they’ll be a law enforcement blockade, so if you have the experience and confidence you may still be able to transit, last parts conjecture 

+1

ICW here closed to boating the other day, Waccamaw River too.  The Socastee swing bridge closed to auto traffic this afternoon.

Plan a trip a later anyway, after we're all mucked out.  Please stop in Georgetown and spend some money to help them recover.

https://scdnr.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?appid=1d99ba00df204b52bb58ce80d2962ddb

I see the police boat all the time so plan on their presence.

Outside between Southport and Charleston is usually easy.  Shallow so no big waves.

18 hours ago, sail69 said:

Sorry. I meant stuck on shore because I don't have a boat to sail south on. I wish, I was in a position to be inconvenienced.