I was wondering if anyone has a photo of the Chuck Payne designed, Mark Lindsay built, and marketed by Morris Yachts called the Morris 454?  I have a found a few articles about the boat, but not one single photo.   Just curious if anyone has any photos to share.  Here are some of the articles I dug up from 2007/2008.

https://www.yachtingmagazine.com/morris-454

http://sailingmagazine.net/article-486-morris-454.html

http://www.bwsailing.com/bw/2008/02/morris-454/

Apparently it has a PHRF rating in the low 30s, so that kinda peaked my interest.  I dont usually associate Morris Yachts with performance.  Would love to see what this boat looks like inside and out.

I was at the Point Hudson marina at Port Townsend the night Firefly pulled in. She was absolutely gorgeous, even with a messed up boom.

That sure is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  Wowsa.   Did he ship it to the West Coast for the VicMaui?  I assume he did not sail all the way around through the canal.

36 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

That sure is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  Wowsa.   Did he ship it to the West Coast for the VicMaui?  I assume he did not sail all the way around through the canal.

been in seattle for at least a year

How was the ride back on her after the race?

I’m sure you could get one if you ordered one, although I’m sure you he profit margins on their daysailors are much better!  They built a bunch of these, the first being Reindeer. Some were a little bigger, one really ugly one has a center cockpit.  

I raced on Firefly under her first owner and if I was ever in the market for a cruiser/racer - I'd definitely use that design as a starting point.  I think one of the Morris' spent a year in Caribbean with her - I recall she did well at Antigua Race Week.

She had an older and bigger sibling called, I think, Reindeer.  

Beats me why Hinckley bothered buying Morris. They discontinued every boat.

On 10/3/2018 at 8:46 PM, MauiPunter said:

that kinda peaked my interest.

Oh yeah!

3 hours ago, savoir said:

Beats me why Hinckley bothered buying Morris. They discontinued every boat.

I didn't quite phrase this right. They discontinues every ocean going boat but they still make the daysailers.