Shootist Jeff

Foot in mouth disease-Trump does it again

Jesus fucking Christ, somebody please lock him in a room somewhere without a twatter account for the next two years.   

rump says Saudi king wouldn't last 2 weeks without U.S. support

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-saudi-arabia-king-us-military-support-mbs-salman-yemen-a8566556.html%3Famp

If this incident is true, and I’m not saying it is until the Republicans in the Senate investigate it and confirm it really happened, it’s refreshing how disruptive our president is.   Unpresidented.   

I once predicted that as the pressure builds he will act crazier and crazier. I had about given up on Trump, figured he'd of melted down within a few months and when he lasted beyond that lost faith in the theory. Seems to be coming true now though.  Malignant narcissists are seldom capable of admitting failure so when they want out they ratchet up their bullshit until they are kicked out. That way they can preserve their precious egos by imagining they were treated badly.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I love it when he puts dipshit nations in their place. 

What nations are not 'Dipshits' Jack? Apart from mother Russia, obviously.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Wait until the dipshit nation decides to double the price of crude......because they can...... if fuckwit in chief calls them on it.......... you will be hurting.....

14 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Do I need to taunt you. Again?

14 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Of course, when the coup occurs, Trump will claim prescience when he was actually culpable. 

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

What nations are not 'Dipshits' Jack? Apart from mother Russia, obviously.

Shithole nations.

They improve over time and reach Dipshit status eventually.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Wait until the dipshit nation decides to double the price of crude......because they can...... if fuckwit in chief calls them on it.......... you will be hurting.....

I thought his Ridge line was a Diesel?

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Of course you do. You're an idiot.

57 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Now, how are they going t do that? We now outproduce them. Besides my EXXON Mobile will do nicely if that happens. 

Oh, and higher energy prices help regulate the economy, meaning fewer rate hikes. 

16 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Now, how are they going t do that? We now outproduce them. Besides my EXXON Mobile will do nicely if that happens. 

Oh, and higher energy prices help regulate the economy, meaning fewer rate hikes. 

Also reduces consumption..Hey..Jack's a believer!

27 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Does it hang above your crib.  

• Like 8

The only thing Jack believes is that Jesus was handing out golden plates in New York state in the 1800's, Wives are dispensable, and that Trumps cock doesn't look like a mushroom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jesus fucking Christ, somebody please lock him in a room somewhere without a twatter account for the next two years.   

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-saudi-arabia-king-us-military-support-mbs-salman-yemen-a8566556.html%3Famp

Hillary would have been worse.

Hillary would have been diplomatic enough to not even go there or announce  anything publicly and humiliate the King of a Sovereign nation.

Lets put that in perspective shall we,  if you said words like that on Saudi soil,  you.......... would not have a head by lunchtime, donnie is a fuckwit........

Burning the bitch down is all well and good right up until it might affect your livelihood.

8749346.jpg?366

The Saudi royal family are a total stain on humanity, but without their oil America will grind to a halt, so they've been best buddies since the 40's/50's. Hell, Donnie even curtsied to the old King, who was a vile drunk dictator. 

Osama and the 9/11 crew certainly weren't Irish...……...

They don't even have to cut off the oil, just raising the price and cancelling their multi-billion$ weapons orders will fuck the US economy. Comments like this will have them thinking about it. Their concept of pride and "face" is touchier than most Asians.

Trump proving again that he is an ignoramus and utterly unfit for the office.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

He's correct. But you don't SAY that.

The Saudi’s kicked out an ambassador over a Twitter human rights comment with Canada just recently.

Donnie May be staring a Major diplomatic issue in the face and if the Saudis decide to pack up their toys and exit the sandpit Donnie might have some explaining to do....my guess is the fire crew at the White House are already trying to spin this positively good luck with that.......

33 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Burning the bitch down is all well and good right up until it might affect your livelihood.

8749346.jpg?366

I assume you are talking to me.  It doesn't affect my livelihood at all.  I'm not in Saudi and none of my Program is affected by what happens in KSA.

But this is a good example of bitch burning.  DT is writting the book on pretty much what not to do wrt to foreign and diplomatic relations.

Sadly, he is correct about what he said though..... although I would give them more than two weeks.  Maybe 6 months, a year at the most.....  Just saying.

25 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:
4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

He's correct. But you don't SAY that.

My point exactly!

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I assume you are talking to me. 

I was talking to readers of the thread in general. I was, however, referring to you and your selective outrage.

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

It doesn't affect my livelihood at all.  I'm not in Saudi and none of my Program is affected by what happens in KSA.

But this is a good example of bitch burning.  DT is writting the book on pretty much what not to do wrt to foreign and diplomatic relations.

You're telling me that your job would be completely unaffected by Trump fucking up foreign relations beyond Saudi Arabia or that you think he'll be able to keep his insults confined to Saudi? Sure thing and I've got a bridge to sell you. :rolleyes: 

23 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

My point exactly!

It is refreshing, though. Like that ice bucket challenge thing.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I assume you are talking to me.  It doesn't affect my livelihood at all.  I'm not in Saudi and none of my Program is affected by what happens in KSA.

Sadly, he is correct about what he said though..... although I would give them more than two weeks.  Maybe 6 months, a year at the most.....  Just saying.

I'm sure the Russians will step up for them, maybe that was part of the Helsinki plan?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/saudi-arabia-russia-10-20-year-oil-alliance-180328084728350.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/05/saudi-russia-oil-deal-leads-to-bigger-russia-role-in-middle-east.html

3 hours ago, mad said:

I suspect the price of oil ain't gonna come down soon....

3 hours ago, mad said:

Control of Russian and SA oil supply would have a major impact on world economies.

So the lowest gas prices in recent history were under Obama and since Trump took over, the trend has been upward.  Got it.  

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

So the lowest gas prices in recent history were under Obama and since Trump took over, the trend has been upward.  Got it.  

Forget it, he's rolling.....

On to the larger theme - Queen Elizabeth is the inbred offspring of a global narcotics cartel, but most of us would not just go say that to her.

YMMV of course

I have come to the conclusion that we are all wrong (except for jzk, dog and nailing malarkey and a few others). The future of America (hell, the world) is what you can get by with, using whatever tools you have.  Think about it-

living at the edge of social norms, legal niceties, physical violence, sexual violence, lying, prevaricating, threats, kick down, kiss up - these are all the hallmarks of future success in America.  And it’s out in the open now.  So what if Kavanaugh did what he is accused of?  It doesn’t matter!  So what if Trump played the tax system over the line?  Big deal!  He’s going to get by with it!  The rubbers going to meet the road where some successful individual fucks with the wrong person, gets  dragged into court, and the judge lets the fucker off because the conservative judge admires somebody who has the the fortitude to try to get by with it, and let’s the guy off the hook, and makes the plaintiff pay all legal expense.  I mean, isn’t this why America lusts for conservative judges?  To protect all the folks who are trying to get by with something?

• Like 1

I think the term you're looking for is:"Get away with it"..... "Getting by" is barely surviving.

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I think the term you're looking for is:"Get away with it"..... "Getting by" is barely surviving.

I’ll go along with that, but in my defense guys like Trump think they are barely surviving- on the edge of penury at every second- it’s those damn taxes! Those damn regulations! Those damn laws!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amati said:

I’ll go along with that, but in my defense guys like Trump think they are barely surviving- on the edge of penury at every second- it’s those damn taxes! Those damn regulations! Those damn laws!

It's so unfair.......

12 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The only thing Jack believes is that Jesus was handing out golden plates in New York state in the 1800's, Wives are dispensable, and that Trumps cock doesn't look like a mushroom.

I think you mean disposable...... 

17 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Father of the brides?

2 hours ago, Grrr... said:

That too.

Trump's cock is a disposable mushroom?

I'd agree with that, as long as they take the rest of his parasitic, fungal body with it......

14 hours ago, Amati said:

I mean, isn’t this why America lusts for conservative judges?  To protect all the folks who are trying to get by with something?

Do you really believe this, or is it a troll hook?  Honest question....

On 10/3/2018 at 11:43 PM, Navig8tor said:

Wait until the dipshit nation decides to double the price of crude......

They, can yes. They need all The rest of exporters to follow suit. The US is a net exporter.

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

It’s hard not to believe it-  compare Roberts to, say, Thomas or Gorsuch - the latter 2 look like hacks in comparison. So I ask myself why 2 second rate legal minds instead of a first rate  legal mind, and I get answers like ‘they’re reliable votes’,  Reliable votes for what?  ‘Conservative principles’.  Roberts isn’t?  Roberts isn’t a conservative?  Roberts is a brilliant legal mind-  that’s what I’m looking for.  I’m also looking for legal temperament, which is fairly neutral- disinterested love is one way to express it philosophically.  

There are enough brilliant folks out there to be judges, but I have met enough judges to know that there are some real hacks on both sides, and once you’ve  been yelled at during normal social interactions for no other reason than brutal, condescending, political entitlement, I begin to get the picture.  

Other than the fact that I ran into him more than a few times at school, I was impressed that Obama picked Garland as a Candidate- Garland was not a political doppelgänger of Obama’s beliefs- but he is brilliant, in a neutral way.  

So call it trolling, but I haven’t seen any rational right wing responses explaining this- so in a cheeky way, I’m left with corrupt intent, which is what conservatives have been arguing viz liberals for these many years.  And now that conservatives are embracing corruption wholesale, and don’t have the courage to be plain about it, call me a troll- maybe that will help you hide from what seems to have happened to you and whatever convictions you may have held.  

We need to take the Judicial branch seriously- it’s not entertainment or helping to save Our Beautiful Presidents ass.  Leaders in our system are fungible -  Trump is not a King because he can be replaced.  So why put someone in a lifetime judicial appointment who is little flawed as possible? 

But I suppose you would argue Kavanaugh is not flawed?  To me he looks like Trump’s own privately held Justice.  

• Like 2

Remind me again.    Why do we sell weapons and otherwise support the Saudi’s?   I know we needed to buy their support when Bush invaded Iraq, but why now?   Is it just our ongoing effort to weaken the Iranians we made powerful by eliminating Iraq?

We sell them the lesser weapons.  Aircraft with less than SoA software.  Second generation everything.  Why?  $$$$$$$$$ 

I believe some of these deals were first worked out under Obama so there was probably some rationale. 

Under Trump, the biggest concern tomorrow is you can't get a Big Mac before 1030.  

15 hours ago, warbird said:

They, can yes. They need all The rest of exporters to follow suit. The US is a net exporter.

Appears the US is a NET Importer.

EIA website

How much petroleum does the United States import and export?

In 2017, the United States imported approximately 10.14 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum from about 84 countries. Petroleum includes crude oil, hydrocarbon gas liquids, refined petroleum products such as gasoline and diesel fuel, and biofuels including ethanol and biodiesel. Crude oil accounted for about 79% of U.S. gross petroleum imports in 2017 and non-crude oil petroleum accounted for about 21% of gross petroleum imports.

In 2017, the United States exported about 6.38 MMb/d of petroleum to 186 countries, of which about 18% was crude oil and 82% was non-crude oil petroleum. The resulting net imports (imports minus exports) of petroleum were about 3.77 MMb/d.

The top five source countries of U.S. petroleum imports in 2017 were Canada, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Venezuela, and Iraq

18 hours ago, warbird said:

Your dyslexia flaring up or something?

22 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Are you suggesting that liberal justices aren't going to take r gunz???  

18 hours ago, Amati said:

It’s hard not to believe it-  compare Roberts to, say, Thomas or Gorsuch - the latter 2 look like hacks in comparison.

They do?

What's your basis for that?

Any particular cases in mind?

4 hours ago, Lark said:

Remind me again.    Why do we sell weapons and otherwise support the Saudi’s?   I know we needed to buy their support when Bush invaded Iraq, but why now?   Is it just our ongoing effort to weaken the Iranians we made powerful by eliminating Iraq?

That has a lot to do with it.  But mainly its oil.  Keeping KSA stable keeps the rest of the world economy stable.  Yes, with our new found fracked oil reserved  - the US is less dependant on the House of Saud.  But the rest of the world is not self-sufficient.  

1 hour ago, Mark K said:
On 10/5/2018 at 11:22 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Are you suggesting that liberal justices aren't going to take r gunz???  

I'm sorry, but both you and Amati are keying on the wrong words I was asking if it was a troll question. That's my fault for poor croping of the quoted post.

Let's try this again....

On 10/5/2018 at 11:22 AM, Shootist Jeff said:
On 10/4/2018 at 8:31 PM, Amati said:

I mean, isn’t this why America lusts for conservative judges?  To protect all the folks who are trying to get by with something?

Of course they want conservative justices, just like the left wants liberal justices when they get the chance.  My beef with Amati was the bolded part.  Do you honestly think think we want them appointed so we can "get by with something"????  

I can't answer for all of the conservatives - but I want moderately conservative justices who will uphold what I believe to be the founding principles of the constitution and interpret the law.  Not write the law.  Not to "get by with something".  

In a utopian world - I would LOVE for the issue of Abortion, gay marriage, and all the other social wedge issues be put to rest once and for all.  I considered them settled law now and have no wish to go backwards.  I would like to do the same with the 2A as well.  But that is the one area of SCOTUS that has not been settled well enough yet and needs further rulings to better clarify Heller and resolve some of these current lower court disagreements percolating through the courts right now.  Aside from gunz, I think race-related issues are still the big issue that needs to be settled as well.  God only knows where that is going to end up.

6 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

They do?

I suppose the easiest basis would be their Senate advice and consent hearings, which I watched with an accomplished Harvard Law Graduate explaining and giving running commentary when I was in over my head, along with suggested written articles that I found useful:

Roberts was spectacular, getting down to constitutional and legal opinions, how they intersected, and how those logics applied to the legal issues extant in case law underlying Senate questioning.

Gorsuch was just weird- a good example was ‘Golly, I’ve had some sleepless nights over that decision’- he seemed more concerned more about his gut, his image with the Federalist Society,  and his social standing in the community.  The guy looked like a follower, and that is what his role looks like on the Court.

Kavanaugh looked like a really smart emotional basket case, a kid pushed too hard by a Mother intent on her immortality.  It was all about his emotional state, and how that informed his view of the law.  When push came to shove, he started yelling and crying, where Gorsuch got all conservative suck up, folksy and charming, but Roberts got a light in his eyes, the smile of reason on his countenance, and showed an ease of knowledge in precedence, scholarship, and opinion.  I don’t care for Roberts politics, but he has a spectacular legal mind rooted in legal logic.  The other two? Pretty smart guys, but  their views seem rooted in their politics, and how they can manipulate the law to that end.  There are better judges out there, like Garland, but it seemed more important to mirror the president’s personalities that nominated them, and accept or reject them on that basis.

And Jeff, I said I was being cheeky.  ;)  Our Beautiful President has got what he thought he wanted, in some ways a psychological mirror of himself, a lost lad pushed so hard by ambitious parents that he has nothing much left except acting out.  And this act is over.  Will Kavanaugh find himself?  It’s happened before- look at Souter....:lol:

• Like 2

On 10/3/2018 at 9:38 PM, Mark K said:

I once predicted that as the pressure builds he will act crazier and crazier. I had about given up on Trump, figured he'd of melted down within a few months and when he lasted beyond that lost faith in the theory. Seems to be coming true now though.  Malignant narcissists are seldom capable of admitting failure so when they want out they ratchet up their bullshit until they are kicked out. That way they can preserve their precious egos by imagining they were treated badly.   

All that's true but at the same time Shitstain gets more support the crazier he gets (from the non-supporting supporters of course, because you know, Hillary).

5 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

All that's true but at the same time Shitstain gets more support the crazier he gets (from the non-supporting supporters of course, because you know, Hillary).

Well that's because she used emails.  And don't forget BENGHAZI !!!

5 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Maybe it's just me, and I am the farthest thing from a narcissist.  Trump ran for giggles and hates being President.  The job will kill him (fingers crossed).  Mueller is holding steady with the midterms coming but I suspect many will be receiving early xmas presents from him.  Sorry Jared, Hanukkah presents.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Well that's because she used emails.  And don't forget BENGHAZI !!!

Tweets would have been fine.  

There’s something about emails from Benghazi that a liberal will never, ever, understand.

I know I won’t- :unsure:

How stupid does a person have to be to lap up the 'Crooked Hillary' crap spewed by Trump.  The mother fucker is the POTUS, he can authorize any kind of investigation he wants.  But HE DOES NOT.  WHY NOT?  The righties who clap or smile every time he says crooked Hillary should have their pulse checked to make sure they are still alive from the neck down.

24 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

How stupid does a person have to be to lap up the 'Crooked Hillary' crap spewed by Trump.  The mother fucker is the POTUS, he can authorize any kind of investigation he wants.  But HE DOES NOT.  WHY NOT?  The righties who clap or smile every time he says crooked Hillary should have their pulse checked to make sure they are still alive from the neck down.

I’m thinking more from the neck up. 

• Like 1

It’s a complex metaphor, given the Trump mindset, but give it a try, given a desert planet inextricably involved in the story, and fear being the lever that Trump uses so well......

Fear is the mind killer!

6 hours ago, mad said:

I’m thinking more from the neck up. 

We know that part is dead.

The Saudis were so offended they killed a journalist that'd done work for a US paper in one of their embassy's. Of course it was a Pre$$ journalist, so dogballs cheers.

5 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

The Saudis were so offended they killed a journalist that'd done work for a US paper in one of their embassy's. Of course it was a Pre$$ journalist, so dogballs cheers.

Jamal Khashoggi...mmmm the plot thickens apparently he was offed  "inside" the Saudi consulate in Turkey while getting docs for an upcoming marriage. He did not speak well of the house of Saud hence his somewhat hasty departure......... is the thinking, ........nothing proven yet......and unlikely to considering a consulate is considered their turf......He was a cousin of Adnan Khashoggi the famous arms dealer billionaire, Here's where it gets interesting:

Once upon a time Adnan had a large yacht: Per Wiki:

"His yacht, the Nabila, was the largest in the world at the time and was used in the James Bond film Never Say Never Again.[7][8] After Khashoggi ran into financial problems he sold the yacht to the Sultan of Brunei, who in turn sold it for $29 million to Donald Trump, who sold it for $20 million[10] to Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal as part of a deal to keep his Taj Mahal casino out of bankruptcy.

Its a small world after all.......

Then if we Wiki Jamal ;

Seems  hes been banned or fired as editor several times for criticizing the House of Saud and Saudi Arabia in general and then 

this little gem pops up;

Trump controversy:

In December 2016, The Independent, citing a report from Middle East Eye, said Khashoggi had been banned by Saudi Arabian authorities from publishing or appearing on television "for criticising US President-elect Donald Trump".[24]

Navi-hater, are you one of randumb's socks???  That is a conspiracy theory only he could come up with.

No sock mate and certainly not a hater.

I like to delve into news and make sure that it is indeed “news” before commenting.

Found this fascinating and had to share

It’s to early to draw conclusions or indeed generate any conspiracy theory something I dislike because you have so many idiots connecting dots that are not actually there but think time will reveal.....

7 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Hey brah, that's an amazing feat of mind-reading by the Saudis!!!  Given that he disappeared in the KSA embassy in Turkey the day before cheeto made his statement about the saudis not lasting two weeks.  That MBS guy must be pretty freaking smart if he knew what trump was going to say before even trump did.  

connecting-the-dots-182367.jpg

17 hours ago, Amati said:
On 10/6/2018 at 3:40 AM, dogballs Tom said:

They do?

I suppose the easiest basis would be their Senate advice and consent hearings

Oh, I thought you were talking about their opinions on the court, not their personalities.

Roberts knows damn well that it's not the Court's job to correct Congress when they say they're regulating interstate commerce. He did it anyway.

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Hey brah, that's an amazing feat of mind-reading by the Saudis!!!  Given that he disappeared in the KSA embassy in Turkey the day before cheeto made his statement about the saudis not lasting two weeks.  That MBS guy must be pretty freaking smart if he knew what trump was going to say before even trump did.  

connecting-the-dots-182367.jpg

Trumps speech was made Tuesday 2 Oct in Mississippi it appears journo may have disappeared some 8 hours earlier?Fiance waited a while at consulate and then gave up......returning next day

I had assumed journo issue was post Trump speech  as reported in thread time wise but indeed that may not be the case.

It sounds like a bit more needs to come out and certainly I will stand corrected if the timeline proves an issue.

That said I still find the various connections intriguing.

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

That MBS guy must be pretty freaking smart if he knew what trump was going to say before even trump did.  

You think so? 

10 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

"His yacht, the Nabila, was the largest in the world at the time and was used in the James Bond film Never Say Never Again.[7][8] After Khashoggi ran into financial problems he sold the yacht to the Sultan of Brunei, who in turn sold it for $29 million to Donald Trump, who sold it for $20 million[10] to Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal as part of a deal to keep his Taj Mahal casino out of bankruptcy.

I had a third hand brush with that.

An old friend of my parents was a cousin of a famous old time movie star. They were traveling together in Europe and due to the movie star connection they got invited to a party on Kashoggi's yacht.

Petite (my parents friend) said it looked like an Arab whorehouse inside and Kashoggi was such a slimy little toad that she felt the need to wash her hands after shaking his.

The party guests were almost exclusively Eurotrash so they left as quickly as possible.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:42 AM, Cal20sailor said:

Maybe it's just me, and I am the farthest thing from a narcissist.  Trump ran for giggles and hates being President.  The job will kill him (fingers crossed).  Mueller is holding steady with the midterms coming but I suspect many will be receiving early xmas presents from him.  Sorry Jared, Hanukkah presents.

The investigation has to have a lot of energy devoted to being able to wrap it up in very short notice, knowing it is on borrowed time.  If here is no blue wave it will be shut down and buried after midterms.   If there is a blue wave it will be shut down before the new Congress is sworn in.    Either way they have to have everything bundled up before they turn out the lights each day, just in case tomorrow morning they find the security card no linger works.   Likewise they have to have planned for the entire investigation being labeled Super Special Secret, Pinkie Swear level three.   I personally believe Mueller has considered work arounds that won’t end up with any investigators being charged with espionage.   

10 minutes ago, Lark said:

The investigation has to have a lot of energy devoted to being able to wrap it up in very short notice, knowing it is on borrowed time.  If here is no blue wave it will be shut down and buried after midterms.   If there is a blue wave it will be shut down before the new Congress is sworn in.    Either way they have to have everything bundled up before they turn out the lights each day, just in case tomorrow morning they find the security card no linger works.   Likewise they have to have planned for the entire investigation being labeled Super Special Secret, Pinkie Swear level three.   I personally believe Mueller has considered work arounds that won’t end up with any investigators being charged with espionage.   

As you sort of state in your last sentence, Mueller is smarter and more DC savvy than anyone in Trump's world.  The truth will come out regardless.  With the D's likely taking the House, Mueller will have allies.  The next six months should be fascinating for students of history.  FFS, I just want the rest of the world to stop laughing.  

12 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about their opinions on the court, not their personalities.

Roberts knows damn well that it's not the Court's job to correct Congress when they say they're regulating interstate commerce. He did it anyway.

Boy, was I wrong!  :lol:

On 10/6/2018 at 9:21 AM, Cal20sailor said:

It’s got to be something other than stupid- every time I ask a rightie and/or Trump supporter (and I do it a lot, even here :)) what kind of sentence she should receive for either Ben Ghazi or the email server,  not one has EVER told me how much time in prison Hillary should serve, or worse.  It seems to be a buzz kill.

Not one.  I mean, answering that simple question should be, as lawyers like to put it, the short strokes, but no.

Trump says he doesn’t like alcohol or drugs.  But he does create a dream state where actions are somehow real and unreal at the same time.  If you can let yourself engage, it’s quite enjoyable.  The smoothness of his voice, the prickly pleasure of his anger! (Of course, you’ll need rehab, or rehab experience to recover.) It’s like the pleasure center of the brain has been flicked on.  (Turn on, tune in and drop out, to coin a phrase ;))and then Trump moves on.  He’s the opiate of 30% off the masses.  The 30% solution.....

Our Beautiful President.  God only knows what the high he carries around in his brain is like, but it must be spectacular.  I’ve known a couple of folks who who are manic depressive, but the manic stages can exist for 10 years.  Maybe Trump’s neurophysiology is something like that- he’s a modern digital Shaman, spreading a self pleasuring inter hemispherical fugue to the world.  

5 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

As you sort of state in your last sentence, Mueller is smarter and more DC savvy than anyone in Trump's world.  The truth will come out regardless.  With the D's likely taking the House, Mueller will have allies.  The next six months should be fascinating for students of history.  FFS, I just want the rest of the world to stop laughing.  

Better hope the mid terms workout for team D, if not the world won’t be laughing, rather, looking on in horror. 

1 hour ago, mad said:

Better hope the mid terms workout for team D, if not the world won’t be laughing, rather, looking on in horror. 

Yup.

1 hour ago, mad said:

hopeful but that is tempered by W being voted in again......shake my head......

3 hours ago, mad said:

For some reason, this seems appropriate, somehow...

18 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Jamal Khashoggi...mmmm the plot thickens apparently he was offed  "inside" the Saudi consulate in Turkey while getting docs for an upcoming marriage. He did not speak well of the house of Saud hence his somewhat hasty departure......... is the thinking, ........nothing proven yet......and unlikely to considering a consulate is considered their turf......He was a cousin of Adnan Khashoggi the famous arms dealer billionaire, Here's where it gets interesting:

Once upon a time Adnan had a large yacht: Per Wiki:

Its a small world after all.......

Then if we Wiki Jamal ;

Seems  hes been banned or fired as editor several times for criticizing the House of Saud and Saudi Arabia in general and then 

this little gem pops up;

Trump controversy:

In December 2016, The Independent, citing a report from Middle East Eye, said Khashoggi had been banned by Saudi Arabian authorities from publishing or appearing on television "for criticising US President-elect Donald Trump".[24]

You're probably over-thinking this.

Trump is exactly the kind of person who would talk smack at somebody he want's to do what he wants them to, and Russia and the Saudis are on opposite sides of the Syrian civil war. Putin would certainly have signed off on this. Driving a wedge between the US and KSA? They don't call it the US/Saudi petro dollar for nothing. 

Occum's butterknife...

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 5:07 AM, Mark K said:

You're probably over-thinking this.

Trump is exactly the kind of person who would talk smack at somebody he want's to do what he wants them to, and Russia and the Saudis are on opposite sides of the Syrian civil war. Putin would certainly have signed off on this. Driving a wedge between the US and KSA? They don't call it the US/Saudi petro dollar for nothing. 

Occum's butterknife...

I don't know that I buy that.  If Putin where really trying to drive a wedge between our bestest friends, the house of Saud - I doubt he would have a approved a $400B arms sale to the kingdom and told the donald to go there first on his world tour.  

Occum's teaspoon...

15 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I don't know that I buy that.  If Putin where really trying to drive a wedge between our bestest friends, the house of Saud - I doubt he would have a approved a $400B arms sale to the kingdom and told the donald to go there first on his world tour.  

Occum's teaspoon...

Not even Putin can stop the Military Industrial Complex. 

Occum's sack of wet mice.... 

You're missing something. 

WTF do you think really happened when they cleaned house? On our insistence? With our help? Who was a major target? al Waleed bin Talal? How was Trump received there after? How does that compare to Obama's reception there? What's the significance of the sword dance?

What among other things is Saudi Arabia known for? Human trafficking? How many politicians do you think that al Waleed owned? Hillary? Obama? McCain?

The world is changing for the better and you don't see it.