dachopper

Sydney to Hobart 2019

11 hours ago, astro said:

Betting is one of the dumbest fucking things anyone can do.  It's for Dumbfucks who get separated from their money by smart people.

But then, I suppose that explains why you are into it.

I'm not encouraging betting Astro Brain. Simply putting the odds up for everyone to see. The odds are about the sentiment as to who might be favourite. Clearly you are a reincarnated fucktard  that doesn't have the balls to divulge your previous fucktard name within these forums. All is not lost AstroBoy you have shown the skills to join the ED in running the AC threads. I for one will recommend you........:D

16 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

I'm not encouraging betting Astro Brain. Simply putting the odds up for everyone to see. The odds are about the sentiment as to who might be favourite. Clearly you are a reincarnated fucktard  that doesn't have the balls to divulge your previous fucktard name within these forums. All is not lost AstroBoy you have shown the skills to join the ED in running the AC threads. I for one will recommend you........:D

Oooooo some sensitivity there!!!!  Do you feel better now or just dirty that you allowed me to waste a 11 minutes of your life down voting me?

5 hours ago, stief said:

Thanks. Any word on Hayles? Been wondering if he'd get back together with Witt.

Miles Seddon been on payroll since mid last year. His Multi experience was an attraction being 2 boat team now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

There was a University study done that concluded with people thinking that, also thought sticking a gerbil up their arse was normal.

Aw man.

Dance like no-one is watching, they said. 

Sing like no-one is listening, they said. 

Insert small fluffy animals into any orifice you like, they said

There goes another fucking idiosyncrasy. 

Whats next? Sex only with living beings????

Geesh.  

1 hour ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

sorry chaps,

was busy turning up a few wireless fobs that can remotely trigger silent mode. Always seem to get popular this time of year.

Must admit, this is the first time I've had to do one with a self timer to auto revert, and that looks like a hair brush....    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, astro said:

Oooooo some sensitivity there!!!!  Do you feel better now or just dirty that you allowed me to waste a 11 minutes of your life down voting me?

That was the bait to see who you were..! Well done. You were predictable..! A little private discussion with the boys and you fell hook line and sinker.! No hard feelings mate but stop playing games and all will go back too normal.! I promise.................:D

P.S. I won a small some of money having a schilling on the side with some of the gang here..! Gotta love betting when you can make a schilling on Astro..! 

Just now, terrafirma said:

That was the bait to see who you were..! Well done. You were predictable..! A little private discussion with the boys and you fell hook line and sinker.! No hard feelings mate but stop playing games and all will go back too normal.! I promise.................:D

Sure.  Sure you did.

I have discussed who I am elsewhere so it's just you deflecting a dummy spit and a mass downvote.  You lost it in more ways than one.

So you are telling me to stop playing games, while you just admitted to playing games?  I really rattled you didn't I.

YCMTSU.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, astro said:

Sure.  Sure you did.

I have discussed who I am elsewhere so it's just you deflecting a dummy spit and a mass downvote.  You lost it in more ways than one.

So you are telling me to stop playing games, while you just admitted to playing games?  I really rattled you didn't I.

YCMTSU.

Off course you did mate..! Love your work..! :D You are worth the bet........ 

Meanwhile check out the handicap betting odds. Whose having a bet with me...? Some weird handicap odds. 

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/sailing/sydney-to-hobart/sydney-to-hobart-4991907

Black Jack 6.00
Ichi Ban (AUS01) 6.00
Scallywag 7.00
Alive 7.50
InfoTrack 8.50
Naval Group 9.00
Comanche 10.00

C5401346-4BC1-434C-BE2E-8F49BAF85C4D.thumb.jpeg.c7b26a2c919df665021fffe0e7a6921d.jpegwhat do you think these cameras are for? Probably catching Mark Richards red handed if he tries any red neck manoeuvres :D 

1 minute ago, JL92S said:

C5401346-4BC1-434C-BE2E-8F49BAF85C4D.thumb.jpeg.c7b26a2c919df665021fffe0e7a6921d.jpegwhat do you think these cameras are for? Probably catching Mark Richards red handed if he tries any red neck manoeuvres :D 

Weird they are dome camera's which would give a view of mast and sail trim? But big chance they are for a Starboard crossing with Wild Oats? How do they plan on staying that close with Ricco..?

2 hours ago, astro said:

Sure.  Sure you did.

YCMTSU.

Same old Random, still worried about your votes. I thought it was only millennials who cared about likes..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Big Oats back in the water with rig being stepped.

Hope they didn’t damage the VHF aerial. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JL92S said:

For when they are berthed at RQYS

• Like 2

12 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Weird they are dome camera's which would give a view of mast and sail trim? But big chance they are for a Starboard crossing with Wild Oats? How do they plan on staying that close with Ricco..?

I think last year they implemented a computerised system for their keel canting. So I would not be surprised if the camera's are used for computerised monitoring of sail trim.

After all Infotrack is an IT company. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JL92S said:

a bit of acid wash on the hull wouldn't go astray

3 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

a bit of acid wash on the hull wouldn't go astray

before last years race I saw a photo of it where you could see the outline of LOYAL on the hull. I wonder if it's still visible today.

Wonder if she will make an appearance at the Solas Big Boat Challenge? That would be a rush. North to North East 10-15 Knots for Tuesday's racing. Black jack weather without a doubt. 

10 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Wonder if she will make an appearance at the Solas Big Boat Challenge? That would be a rush. North to North East 10-15 Knots for Tuesday's racing. Black jack weather without a doubt. 

Was interesting to see infotrack get a solid win today in the CYCA trophy. It was a 15kn Nor’easter and the only difference seemed to be the 6 lengths after a mistake from BJ at the start. 

BJ got stuck slow and to leeward of Infotrack when the gun went and then went Eastern Channel out the harbour which cost them two extra tacks and a few lengths. From there, the margin seemed pretty consistent and there wasn’t a lot between them. 

They crossed the line with virtually the same margin as when they left the harbour. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Adventures Of A Ginger said:

Was interesting to see infotrack get a solid win today in the CYCA trophy. It was a 15kn Nor’easter and the only difference seemed to be the 6 lengths after a mistake from BJ at the start. 

BJ got stuck slow and to leeward of Infotrack when the gun went and then went Eastern Channel out the harbour which cost them two extra tacks and a few lengths. From there, the margin seemed pretty consistent and there wasn’t a lot between them. 

They crossed the line with virtually the same margin as when they left the harbour. 

Jeez Ginger, are you trying to troll this thread with interesting info? Are you a betting man too, then I will have to put you on ignore too.

Keep up the local info please, this thread needs it!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Jeez Ginger, are you trying to troll this thread with interesting info? Are you a betting man too, then I will have to put you on ignore too.

Keep up the local info please, this thread needs it!

I’ll do my best in future to avoid anything that could be perceived as factual or relevant! 

Comanche was out yesterday and today as well but chose not to race. 

You would think that BJ would have smoked Infotrack today but there was so little between the two that it was only the poor start from BJ that split them. Wouldn’t count Infotrack out and will be keen to see how it plays out on Tuesday!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Adventures Of A Ginger said:

Interesting result yes. Perhaps a solid 15 Knots was enough for Infotrack to have a righting moment advantage? There must have been some angle/heat on the downwind legs? Good to see IT get a win and keep it's nose ahead of a well run boat like BJ. 

P.S. Anyone got an entrants list for the Big Boat Challenge on Tuesday?

Only 5 boats entered and XI not listed. BJ rated fair bit faster than Infotrack and IT over Scallywag. I think this will go with ratings for over the line too. 

Sail No. Name Skipper Club Handicap
Division 1 Start: 12:30
  525100 Black Jack Peter Harburg YCM 2.0078
  SYD1000 Infotrack Christian Beck CYCA 1.9621
  AUS1 Naval Group Sean Langman RANSA 1.6182
  HKG2276 SHK Scallywag 100 David Witt RHKYC 1.9150
  AUS7001 Wild Oats X The Oatley Family CYCA 1.7126

1 hour ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Koa now having air conditioning fitted for Hobart.

20191208_173545.jpg

The TP52 Submarine needs internal cooling for when working submerged. Lamination repairs being done no doubt. If she had the Oats repair crew and budget would have been done by now no doubt? 

7 hours ago, Al Paca said:

I’m betting on Richo having something up his sleeve. 

7 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Ace-Up-Sleeve.jpg

Or in his hair brush 

pulpit

8 hours ago, Al Paca said:

I’m betting on Richo having something up his sleeve. 

image.thumb.png.565f19f4764b2dfd57c85d1049df395f.png

18 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Once again the WO boys showing their total disregard for "Rules and Regulations".

Obviously PPE is only a requirement for others.

See..........Under regulation 47 of the model WHS Regulations , a person other than a worker is also required to wear any PPE that is required to be worn at that workplace.

From Safework Australia.

Nice work Sandy. Showing all how its done.

^Oh, oh. Sounds like a concerned citizen, with an agenda and a rather large chip on their shoulder.

4 hours ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Once again the WO boys showing their total disregard for "Rules and Regulations".

Obviously PPE is only a requirement for others.

See..........Under regulation 47 of the model WHS Regulations , a person other than a worker is also required to wear any PPE that is required to be worn at that workplace.

From Safework Australia.

Nice work Sandy. Showing all how its done.

Bullshit.  You have not quoted regulation 47, but a twisted interpretation of it.  Your purported "quote" gives the impression that if an item of PPE is required to worn by any worker on that site, that PPE must be worn by everyone else who is not a worker and who is at that site. That is not correct.

Regulation 47 requires that a person at the site must wear PPE that is required of that person to wear by the person running the business at the site.

If the person in charge does not require the WO team to wear PPE, they are perfectly fine wandering around in their jocks if they wish.

• Like 4

^And Sandy & family own the joint, so there's that.

But if a loose bolt, or something, fell off the mast and landed on someones head from 100+ ft up, a Coroner might ask Sandy why they're not wearing hard hats. (Foreseeable risk)

Their red crew shirts would qualify as hi-viz, but no vehicular traffic nearby, so not required. If the site operator (Sandy) feels is safe enough to not wear shoes/boots onboard, it's his call. (They're mostly wearing boots/shoes when off the boat.)

1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

Bullshit.  You have not quoted regulation 47, but a twisted interpretation of it.  Your purported "quote" gives the impression that if an item of PPE is required to worn by any worker on that site, that PPE must be worn by everyone else who is not a worker and who is at that site. That is not correct.

Regulation 47 requires that a person at the site must wear PPE that is required of that person to wear by the person running the business at the site.

If the person in charge does not require the WO team to wear PPE, they are perfectly fine wandering around in their jocks if they wish.

Also notwithstanding separate Marina rules but this isn't a marina  anyway. How do these forums always end up going off on a tangent that isn't relevant. Tall Poppy syndrome attacking Wild Oats team. Good luck to them they are good for the sport and the spectacle IMO

• Like 3

Wow..! 

Just now, Bill E Goat said:

She is out

woxi.PNG

Wow..! I know X is entered in the Big Boat but not XI. So they will be tuning and testing no doubt. Wouldn't want to break anything now? 

11 minutes ago, 33jesus said:

I can see the story now "Wild Oats XI wins Solas Big Boat Challenge after an amazing effort to have the boat repaired in time"

pretty amazing to have that boat ready to go by now. love them or hate them, the program is run very well.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

I can see the story now "Wild Oats XI wins Solas Big Boat Challenge after an amazing effort to have the boat repaired in time"

image.png.e7bb0beb0c8e1759195b2214d2ad66e5.png

Looks like they'll be there. Can't go wrong now. Win and have a great story of overcoming adversity. Lose and they're just backing off to check everything is ok for the big race.

21 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

Hit 24.7 coming back down the harbour

image.png.333d2bd3ca21f29eb6e10fdf2156744f.png

Ooh yeah..! And that was sustained..! Can't wait till tomorrow. Hope Sailor Girl is pumping out the live show as per normal? Going to be huge.. The weather will test them..

Pity Comanche mot playing, weather would have suited her. 

Northwest to northeasterly 15 to 25 knots ahead of a gusty southerly change 25 to 30 knots in the afternoon, then decreasing to 20 to 25 knots in the evening.

What's his username now & how did a lefty like him manage to get banned by Scott? 

Oats Instagram showed them sailing with one reef and going along nicely. I dare say that will be their setup tomorrow too with 25 Knots on the cards. Will be keen to see how Infotrack goes and Scallywag usually get tippy when the breeze is up. 

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Anyone seen Randumb today?

Fuck sake LB, it was your week to look after him and you left the fucking door of the cellar open!!!!

3 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Witty and the gang being interviewed  for tomorrows race.

Witty not looking his normal ebullient self.............and that was a shitty press conference, couldn't hear a word half of them were saying.

2 hours ago, mad said:

Fuck sake LB, it was your week to look after him and you left the fucking door of the cellar open!!!!

Don't worry, he didn't go too far. Just sunning himself in the park

1411291204719_wps_12_https_www_facebook_

33 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Looks like he left QLD bc you’d be dead if you sat outside with that on today! RIP Random. 

10 hours ago, mad said:

He needed to get out for a while - he has been licking the windows for over a month. He is my Christmas gift to the forum. Enjoy everyone.

10 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

GOLD..!

Nic Douglas is saying racing today might not happen due to Smoke Haze and safety concerns. That would be a pity..?

1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

WOIX, Scally, BJ, InfoT and Naval group are all out on the water.

So they are ready to race if given the chance

Yes just need some breeze as Ne-15-20 is forecast and it will blow the smoke away hopefully, There was no wind this morning according to the stations

Fuck all vision on the water, light winds, a southerly due any time, what could have gone wrong? There goes my online sailing fun for the day.

• Like 1

View from Middle Head to Junction Bell (black speck to right of the fishing boat). Ferry's barely visible, lots of fog horns going. You'd be lucky to see someone before hitting them if you were racing at 25kn.

20191210_112915[1].jpg

11 minutes ago, nix0nix0 said:

View from Middle Head to Junction Bell (black speck to right of the fishing boat). Ferry's barely visible, lots of fog horns going. You'd be lucky to see someone before hitting them if you were racing at 25kn.

20191210_112915[1].jpg

didn't work for me can't see shit..! :D

Whats wrong with them I can see a light buoy and Naval group from Hobart, too much smoke pfft...

8 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

78648180_473479813299337_604839130236452

really like the look of those stanchions... wouldn't be at all worried about 20+ guys hanging off them

11 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

D Thompson, best in the business bar none. One of the quiet legends of our sport. Kudos to you sir.