Sign in to follow this  
Mid

It's going to get worse.

Recommended Posts

meanwhile , Putin and  Xi Jinping are relaxed , to say the least .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which world leader do people trust most? Here are findings from a new global survey by the Pew Research Center.

Angela Merkel - 52%
Xi Jinping - 34%
Vladimir Putin - 30%
Donald Trump - 27%

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1048939764206981120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mid said:

Which world leader do people trust most? Here are findings from a new global survey by the Pew Research Center.

Angela Merkel - 52%
Xi Jinping - 34%
Vladimir Putin - 30%
Donald Trump - 27%

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1048939764206981120

I can't believe 27% say they trust President Donald Trump

Trust him with what? Their money? Trump has ripped off so many people, so many times over, that nobody but Russians will do business with him. Trust him in a room alone with your wife or daughter?

How stupid do you have to be, to trust somebody who has been proven so many thousands of times to be a crook and a liar?

-DSK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mid said:

Which world leader do people trust most? Here are findings from a new global survey by the Pew Research Center.

Angela Merkel - 52%
Xi Jinping - 34%
Vladimir Putin - 30%
Donald Trump - 27%

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1048939764206981120

Thing is I don’t trust the people being polled for having an independent conclusion 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Independents are not really the root cause. They at least purport to be open minded.

Dogmatics are the problem.

YOU are the problem.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Anyone who blames one party over the other is the root cause of the problem.

go fuck yourself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It's all the Democrats fault.

So says A-guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It's all the Democrats fault.

Maybe they should try putting up viable candidates and working on actual national issues.

 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

That some see it but most don't, and to you, a full on partisan, that is somehow ironic?

It's a never ending source of amusing irony all the "independents" who come here parroting partisan bullshit blaming everyone else for the problems with politics. It's especially amusing when the independent assbag gives wrong answers and triples down on them like a dogmatic partisan assbag.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The writer of this vile tweet is a writer on the Stephen Colbert show, and has nearly 40,000 followers on Twitter.

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter
 

Writer for the Colbert Show just deleted this tweet. This is all they cared about from the beginning.

“So how did our politics get so poisonous?” - Colbert

 
 
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bitch, in an ideal world, your boy would in fact eat shit, and lots of it. he helps to propagate the burgeoning corporate state, he's an enemy to all but a few, but that's irrelevant, isn't it dipshit.

go suck a cock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It's a never ending source of amusing irony all the "independents" who come here parroting partisan bullshit blaming everyone else for the problems with politics. It's especially amusing when the independent assbag gives wrong answers and triples down on them like a dogmatic partisan assbag.

My your parents must be proud. You and 3to1, related to Randumb by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

bitch, in an ideal world, your boy would in fact eat shit, and lots of it. he helps to propagate the burgeoning corporate state, he's an enemy to all but a few, but that's irrelevant, isn't it dipshit.

go suck a cock.

Democrats sound like they just had a mushroom rammed up their asses. Reminds me of a day back in Nov '16

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I'm still not tired of winning. 

Whatever it takes eh?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/tom-nichols-why-im-leaving-republican-party/572419/

The Kavanaugh confirmation fight revealed the GOP to be the party of situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs.

2:00 PM ET 

Tom Nichols is a professor at the U.S. Naval War College
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Democrats sound like they just had a mushroom rammed up their asses. Reminds me of a day back in Nov '16

you don't say?

tell it to a demoRat you twisted simpleton, I don't identify as one of the aimless kooks, but I do give them votes to offset the ones 'gop' gets.

I simply want to watch your beloved 'reich-wing' go down in flames, it's beyond political.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If PA is representative of the US, I’d say the OP is spot on with the thread title. 

You lot are so busy rabidly tearing each other to shreds you can’t see what you’ve become, or worse, what lies ahead. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Democrats sound like they just had a mushroom rammed up their asses. Reminds me of a day back in Nov '16

How sweetly religious on the Sabbath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

Whatever it takes eh?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/tom-nichols-why-im-leaving-republican-party/572419/

The Kavanaugh confirmation fight revealed the GOP to be the party of situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs.

2:00 PM ET 

 
Tom Nichols is a professor at the U.S. Naval War College
 

The only difference is you lost.

Whatever it takes eh?

The Kavanaugh confirmation fight revealed the Democrats to be the party of situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs.

6:00 PM ET 
Nailing Malarkey Too
Aerospace Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Democrats sound like they just had a mushroom rammed up their asses. Reminds me of a day back in Nov '16

How sweetly religious on the Sabbath.

Sounds like Happy Malarkey thinks Stormy is telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, eh?

jimmy_kimmel_live_stormy_daniels.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

Sounds like Happy Malarkey thinks Stormy is telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, eh?

jimmy_kimmel_live_stormy_daniels.jpg

This is the first time I recall seeing NMT getting sexually aroused by orange mushrooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Nailing Malarkey Too
Aerospace Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Janitor)

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad said:

If PA is representative of the US, I’d say the OP is spot on with the thread title. 

You lot are so busy rabidly tearing each other to shreds you can’t see what you’ve become, or worse, what lies ahead. 

Not wholly, but not so far removed either.

Yes it is going to get a whole lot worse. Ask which party benefits from that and why. It will explain a good deal as to the end game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillDBastard said:

Ask which party benefits from that and why. It will explain a good deal as to the end game.

Both. Ramping up partisan rancor has been SOP & to the benefit of both parties for decades. Takes a seriously blinkered view not to see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Democrats sound like they just had a mushroom rammed up their asses. Reminds me of a day back in Nov '16

Wait! This happened to you 18 months ago? Did he use lube or were you dry? Did you report it at the time? How come you still support him?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I'm still not tired of winning. 

Me either!

214161012_MalarkeyMathIdiocy.jpg.7881861c6854a013a6f62b7b568673b3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I'm still not tired of winning. 

It's all that matters to you.

The Country?  Fuck that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Me either!

214161012_MalarkeyMathIdiocy.jpg.7881861c6854a013a6f62b7b568673b3.jpg

And a divisor fuck up for the win!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

And a divisor fuck up for the win!!!!

Sorry about thrashing all the threads with proof of Malarkey’s idiocy, but it seems to be a short acting vaccine. He seems to avoid those threads till a few other replies are posted.

i don’t think he understands the math issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Sorry about thrashing all the threads with proof of Malarkey’s idiocy, but it seems to be a short acting vaccine. He seems to avoid those threads till a few other replies are posted.

i don’t think he understands the math issue...

He is psychotic and disconnected from reality. He knows it was a fuck up, so will believe he never posted it.

Good luck drilling it into his head. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Wait! This happened to you 18 months ago? Did he use lube or were you dry? Did you report it at the time? How come you still support him?

 

cause his mama raised a fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Sounds like Happy Malarkey thinks Stormy is telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, eh?

jimmy_kimmel_live_stormy_daniels.jpg

Ladies and gent we have here the high road. Loony lefties must be so proud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mad said:

If PA is representative of the US, I’d say the OP is spot on with the thread title. 

You lot are so busy rabidly tearing each other to shreds you can’t see what you’ve become, or worse, what lies ahead. 

Like watching a train wreck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mad said:

If PA is representative of the US, I’d say the OP is spot on with the thread title. 

You lot are so busy rabidly tearing each other to shreds you can’t see what you’ve become, or worse, what lies ahead. 

Most visitors to this site don't visit the sewer.

Take heart. Voter turnout will be low again. Not as low as usual, but low. Kardashian viewership will remain strong. That's representative of the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mid said:

meanwhile , Putin and  Xi Jinping are relaxed , to say the least .

They are working together to undermine and stupify American exceptionalism.

It has nothing to do with the ruling class and the Americans are too busy shopping for cheap Chinese crap at wall mart! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

Most visitors to this site don't visit the sewer.

Take heart. Voter turnout will be low again. Not as low as usual, but low. Kardashian viewership will remain strong. That's representative of the US.

24 million eligible voters are not registered, that's what? about 10% 

Of registered voters, about 60% don't bother with mid terms.

About half vote for the incumbent, .so..your gov is elected on 15% of eligible voters?

Is that about right or have I stuffed up the numbers somewhere? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

24 million eligible voters are not registered, that's what? about 10% 

Of registered voters, about 60% don't bother with mid terms.

About half vote for the incumbent, .so..your gov is elected on 15% of eligible voters?

Is that about right or have I stuffed up the numbers somewhere? 

I'm not so sure about your numbers but the gist is correct. We have lots of "safe" districts where Duopoly candidates don't have competition. The Congressional election in those places is pre-determined, so any turnout tends to be motivated by other issues/candidates on the ballot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Most visitors to this site don't visit the sewer.

Take heart. Voter turnout will be low again. Not as low as usual, but low. Kardashian viewership will remain strong. That's representative of the US.

But it does seem to show a reasonable cross-section of the US population (regardless of overall visitor numbers) and correlates to what is seen on a variety of news sources.

Admittedly, many here having been slinging shit at each on a variety of subjects for many years and have grown used to resorting to trolling and general abuse.  However the abuse factor has reached/plumbed new levels in the last 2 years. An almost complete unwillingness to have any meaningful discourse, I wonder how many posters here would be happy to show their family and friends what they post here??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mad said:

I wonder how many posters here would be happy to show their family and friends what they post here??

I have to admit that having my real name in my name history has inhibited my desire to properly welcome newbs to the forum, but I've tried to persevere and uphold tradition anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It's all the Democrats fault.

They made Trump do it.  Poor guy, he had no choice, no choice at all.  Soros, Clinton, Boxer ^_^, Pelosi, Kennedy ;), Kerry, McGovern :D, Humphrey, Hillary :lol:, Lowry, Roosevelt, Rice, Dulles, Dulles :o, LBJ, Tip, Brown, Fox, Murray, Jesus of Nazareth, Richards (Ann or Kieth, take your choice). Lennon (Vladimir Or John), The Pope (any Pope, really), Bhudda, Gary (you know Gary, that guy!), Carter’s brother Billy, Carter, Kennedy, Weld, Romney :blink:, Zappa, All of them, and more, jumped Trump in Trump tower, one dark and stormy night,  put him in a compromising position, and made him do it!

it!  My God, it!

I weep for our Beautiful Courageous President, our Beknighted Soul!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mad said:

But it does seem to show a reasonable cross-section of the US population (regardless of overall visitor numbers) and correlates to what is seen on a variety of news sources.

Admittedly, many here having been slinging shit at each on a variety of subjects for many years and have grown used to resorting to trolling and general abuse.  However the abuse factor has reached/plumbed new levels in the last 2 years. An almost complete unwillingness to have any meaningful discourse, I wonder how many posters here would be happy to show their family and friends what they post here??

Every single one of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

I'm not so sure about your numbers but the gist is correct. We have lots of "safe" districts where Duopoly candidates don't have competition. The Congressional election in those places is pre-determined, so any turnout tends to be motivated by other issues/candidates on the ballot.

C’mon Tom, run!  The Nation turns its lonely eyes to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

24 million eligible voters are not registered, that's what? about 10% 

Of registered voters, about 60% don't bother with mid terms.

About half vote for the incumbent, .so..your gov is elected on 15% of eligible voters?

Is that about right or have I stuffed up the numbers somewhere? 

Actually, it’s a couple thousand Russians in St Petersburg :o.  The system is rigged!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mid said:

1538916544758.jpg

It's going to get worse. Virtually every major American institution is being radicalized — or being reshaped by the radicalization of our public lives.

https://www.axios.com/america-radicalized-kavanaugh-deepens-partisan-divide-a9a51207-f2e2-4c22-9bfd-4daaf9e5633f.html

Kinda looks like this, doesn’t it?

MLB Major League Baseball 100th Anniversary Patch (1969)
is the ball getting past him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

I'm not so sure about your numbers but the gist is correct. We have lots of "safe" districts where Duopoly candidates don't have competition. The Congressional election in those places is pre-determined, so any turnout tends to be motivated by other issues/candidates on the ballot.

You love gridlock, what's the problem?

could it be you non-duopoly douchebags are even more worthless than the duopoly?

Now, instead of responding to this post, bump one in another thread like the fucking psycho you are dogballs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 9:48 PM, Saorsa said:

Maybe they should try putting up viable candidates and working on actual national issues.

 

BURN HIM!  HE'S A WITCH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 12:35 AM, Sean said:

The Kavanaugh confirmation fight revealed the GOP to be the party of situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs.

I am not surprised the irony of that headline is lost on you all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I am not surprised the irony of that headline is lost on you all.  

do go on with your cliche'd bullshit, it's so fresh and new, we've never heard it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 5:39 AM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

could it be you non-duopoly douchebags are even more worthless than the duopoly?

What a painful thought. There must be some way outta this place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 12:12 AM, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Ladies and gent we have here the high road. Loony lefties must be so proud. 

Lefties? I'm pretty sure Stormy has had a little republican in her, in the past...

Not sure which way she leans, now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 4:35 PM, Sean said:

Whatever it takes eh?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/tom-nichols-why-im-leaving-republican-party/572419/

The Kavanaugh confirmation fight revealed the GOP to be the party of situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs.

2:00 PM ET 

 
Tom Nichols is a professor at the U.S. Naval War College

I did not need to witness the Kavanaugh pep rally to know that.  Hell, just look at what I do to Dog on a daily basis around here for how many years?  Simple Jack too.  Those boys have no principles whatsoever, other than what The Party needs on any given day.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 1:52 PM, 3to1 said:

bitch, in an ideal world, your boy would in fact eat shit, and lots of it. he helps to propagate the burgeoning corporate state, he's an enemy to all but a few, but that's irrelevant, isn't it dipshit.

go suck a cock.

But in this real world, you are the one eating the shit.  Enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jzk said:
On 10/7/2018 at 12:52 PM, 3to1 said:

bitch, in an ideal world, your boy would in fact eat shit, and lots of it. he helps to propagate the burgeoning corporate state, he's an enemy to all but a few, but that's irrelevant, isn't it dipshit.

go suck a cock.

But in this real world, you are the one eating the shit.  Enjoy. 

So you did go suck a cock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
On 10/7/2018 at 1:48 PM, Saorsa said:

Maybe they should try putting up viable candidates and working on actual national issues.

 

BURN HIM!  HE'S A WITCH!

Yeah!

Any fool can see that if only the Democrats would put up right-wing greedbags and whiny priviledged warmongering draft dodgers, and start wholeheartedly trying to push an agenda of destroying the environment and eliminating ALL citizens rights, instead of just grabbing gunz, they'd be a huge hit with the "conservatives" who didn't vote for Trump

No wonder you guys hate-hate-HATE those Democrats! Look how goddam obstinate they are!

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Lefties? I'm pretty sure Stormy has had a little republican in her, in the past...

Not sure which way she leans, now.

a very little republican   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

do go on with your cliche'd bullshit, it's so fresh and new, we've never heard it before.

That's ok, angry boi.  I didn't expect you to understand the joke.  Really, I didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
On 10/8/2018 at 12:35 AM, Sean said:

The Kavanaugh confirmation fight revealed the GOP to be the party of situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs.

I am not surprised the irony of that headline is lost on you all.  

It seems like I have to actually draw pictures for the irony challenged here....

  • Sitting on the CBF accusations until it was obvious Kavanaugh was going to be confirmed and the dRATs couldn't stop it is the FUCKING EPITOME of "situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs".

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah!

Any fool can see that if only the Democrats would put up right-wing greedbags and whiny priviledged warmongering draft dodgers, and start wholeheartedly trying to push an agenda of destroying the environment and eliminating ALL citizens rights, instead of just grabbing gunz, they'd be a huge hit with the "conservatives" who didn't vote for Trump

No wonder you guys hate-hate-HATE those Democrats! Look how goddam obstinate they are!

-DSK

Take a look at the difference between a vegan and someone who's not.  The person who's not a vegan is perfectly happy letting the vegan enjoy their chosen diet.  The vegan screams that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die, and takes great pains to try to stop everyone else from eating meat.  

That's what's been happening between libs and non-libs for a long while in the country.... 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

It seems like I have to actually draw pictures for the irony challenged here....

We get your "outrage" Jeffreaux and AGITC - you point fingers at the the Dems and ignore the Republicans. It kinda makes Tom Nichols point, actually, hence my laughing at the irony. But then, he wrote a whole fucking book about assclowns like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Take a look at the difference between a vegan and someone who's not.  The person who's not a vegan is perfectly happy letting the vegan enjoy their chosen diet.  The vegan screams that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die, and takes great pains to try to stop everyone else from eating meat.  

That's what's been happening between libs and non-libs for a long while in the country.... 

You really believe this bullshit, don't you? For fucking years people here point out that you and Jeffreaux's feelings on this aren't based in fact but you just can't accept it, can you? Rightwingers going apeshit over Taylor Swift endorsing a Dem - it's only liberals.\

I accept there are a bunch of intolerant libs. Until you two wake the fuck up and look around honestly at your "independence" shit ain't going to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Take a look at the difference between a vegan and someone who's not.  The person who's not a vegan is perfectly happy letting the vegan enjoy their chosen diet.  The vegan screams that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die, and takes great pains to try to stop everyone else from eating meat.  

That's what's been happening between libs and non-libs for a long while in the country.... 

 

Do you know any vegans or vegetarians, or is your silly story based on gorging on Fox News or Stormfront? Knock yourself out, nobody, lib or non-lib, wants to stop you, that's just your own sense of ignorance looking for an outside source. It's just you wondering why you're such a sucker for stupid shit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Take a look at the difference between a vegan and someone who's not.  The person who's not a vegan is perfectly happy letting the vegan enjoy their chosen diet.  The vegan screams that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die, and takes great pains to try to stop everyone else from eating meat.  

That's what's been happening between libs and non-libs for a long while in the country.... 

Really? I was vegetarian (never Vegan) for 17 years. Fucking everyone wanted me to eat meat. Yeah, it's good, and I happily eat it now. 

But I did gain 20 pounds almost immediately and it's been shit for my digestive system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You really believe this bullshit, don't you? For fucking years people here point out that you and Jeffreaux's feelings on this aren't based in fact but you just can't accept it, can you? Rightwingers going apeshit over Taylor Swift endorsing a Dem - it's only liberals.\

I accept there are a bunch of intolerant libs. Until you two wake the fuck up and look around honestly at your "independence" shit ain't going to change.

You're conflating things, again, Jiblets.  i wasn't talking about Taylor Swift's personal feelings, she's entitled to 'em.  Getting upset because someone thinks differently than you do is dumb.  Getting upset when someone repeatedly tries to minimize and nullify your perspective ( eg the militant vegan) is something else, and it's something that happens with great frequency.   My comment was in response to Steamer's oft-repeated assertions that the Conservatives do what they do because they "hate hate hate" the liberals, which is in itself nothing more than nullification speak.  Many of the libs here really do seem to be trying to piss me off, but, that doesn't mean that I deny them their opinion, and it doesn't mean that accepting it without offering a counter is the only civil, acceptable response.  I'm OK w/disagreement - I'm not OK w/anyone ascribing sinister intent to me because we disagree on a topic.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

It seems like I have to actually draw pictures for the irony challenged here....

  • Sitting on the CBF accusations until it was obvious Kavanaugh was going to be confirmed and the dRATs couldn't stop it is the FUCKING EPITOME of "situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs".

 

Kavanaugh was nearly not confirmed. You said you assumed he wouldn't be. That R's would simply nominate another conservative. It's clear you did want Bart and wanted him to overcome his disqualifying partisanship and his history of sex assault. You won, why the anger and hate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lasal said:

 

Do you know any vegans or vegetarians, or is your silly story based on gorging on Fox News or Stormfront? Knock yourself out, nobody, lib or non-lib, wants to stop you, that's just your own sense of ignorance looking for an outside source. It's just you wondering why you're such a sucker for stupid shit.

 

Please - if you're going to respond to something I say, then respond to that, and not an imagination, unless of course you're just looking for a target for your ire, in which case I won't bother expending the effort to attempt a polite response in the future. 

I know several, actually - and was in a steakhouse in NoVa last summer when a group of them came into the restaurant and tried to ruin everyone's supper.  It didn't amount to much more than 30 seconds of the group of them shouting while the restaurant staff hustled them out - but, can you EVER recall carnivores going to a VEGAN event to protest?  

 The ones I know socially?  I can't be around them at all anymore, because every discussion, even if it started out on music and motorcycles, ends up with them trying to prove to everyone else how intentionally terrible and selfish we are because we haven't adopted the Vegan way.    This isn't intended to attribute that every member of any group behaves in a certain way, but, to provide an example of why many who consider themselves conservatives have gotten tired of some libs and they're beratement. 

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Please - if you're going to respond to something I say, then respond to that, and not an imagination, unless of course you're just looking for a target for your ire, in which case I won't bother expending the effort to attempt a polite response in the future. 

I know several, actually - and was in a steakhouse in NoVa last summer when a group of them came into the restaurant and tried to ruin everyone's supper.  It didn't amount to much more than 30 seconds of the group of them shouting while the restaurant staff hustled them out - but, can you EVER recall carnivores going to a VEGAN event to protest?  

 The ones I know socially?  I can't be around them at all anymore, because every discussion, even if it started out on music and motorcycles, ends up with them trying to prove to everyone else how intentionally terrible and selfish we are because we haven't adopted the Vegan way.    This isn't intended to attribute that every member of any group behaves in a certain way, but, to provide an example of why many who consider themselves conservatives have gotten tired of some libs and they're beratement. 

 

If only they would eat meat and adhere to the principles you hold dear. If only!  If everyone would just do that, then we could all get along! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

43 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Take a look at the difference between a vegan and someone who's not.  The person who's not a vegan is perfectly happy letting the vegan enjoy their chosen diet.  The vegan screams that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die, and takes great pains to try to stop everyone else from eating meat.  

That's what's been happening between libs and non-libs for a long while in the country.... 

Take a look at how gay people are treated by Libs and non-libs.  One says "live and let live" the other wants to deny their civil rights, pray it away, etc...

Take a look at how unwanted pregnancies are treated by those groups; One says "Let the mother choose" and the other wants to force their religious beliefs and force the mother to deliver.  But then refuse any support for the newborn. 

Conservatives have been sneering at libs for just as long, and it rings mighty hollow due to all the hypocrisy.  Like Evangelicals giving a mulligan to the pussy grabbing, wife cheating, divorced, lying, con-man-in-chief. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You're conflating things, again, Jiblets.  i wasn't talking about Taylor Swift's personal feelings, she's entitled to 'em.  Getting upset because someone thinks differently than you do is dumb.  Getting upset when someone repeatedly tries to minimize and nullify your perspective ( eg the militant vegan) is something else, and it's something that happens with great frequency.   My comment was in response to Steamer's oft-repeated assertions that the Conservatives do what they do because they "hate hate hate" the liberals, which is in itself nothing more than nullification speak.  Many of the libs here really do seem to be trying to piss me off, but, that doesn't mean that I deny them their opinion, and it doesn't mean that accepting it without offering a counter is the only civil, acceptable response.  I'm OK w/disagreement - I'm not OK w/anyone ascribing sinister intent to me because we disagree on a topic.  

Are you arguing Trump doesn't get great power from pissing off the libs? He does. K-no is a great example - he picked the most divisive candidate, got the schmucks onboard the Trump train again, and pissed off the libs. Conservatives can't get past their instinctive hate of the libs.

Maybe another problem is conservative viewpoints are based on bullshit now? Kanye West is advising the President today on manufacturing policy. This is how bankrupt the GOP is ideologically now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
19 minutes ago, lasal said:

 

Do you know any vegans or vegetarians, or is your silly story based on gorging on Fox News or Stormfront? Knock yourself out, nobody, lib or non-lib, wants to stop you, that's just your own sense of ignorance looking for an outside source. It's just you wondering why you're such a sucker for stupid shit.

49 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Take a look at the difference between a vegan and someone who's not.  The person who's not a vegan is perfectly happy letting the vegan enjoy their chosen diet.  The vegan screams that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die, and takes great pains to try to stop everyone else from eating meat.  

That's what's been happening between libs and non-libs for a long while in the country.... 

Please - if you're going to respond to something I say, then respond to that, and not an imagination, unless of course you're just looking for a target for your ire, in which case I won't bother expending the effort to attempt a polite response in the future. 

I know several, actually - and was in a steakhouse in NoVa last summer when a group of them came into the restaurant and tried to ruin everyone's supper.  It didn't amount to much more than 30 seconds of the group of them shouting while the restaurant staff hustled them out - but, can you EVER recall carnivores going to a VEGAN event to protest?  

 The ones I know socially?  I can't be around them at all anymore, because every discussion, even if it started out on music and motorcycles, ends up with them trying to prove to everyone else how intentionally terrible and selfish we are because we haven't adopted the Vegan way.    This isn't intended to attribute that every member of any group behaves in a certain way, but, to provide an example of why many who consider themselves conservatives have gotten tired of some libs and they're beratement. 


You made a bad analogy, and I responded to it. To spell it out for you,

Vegans do not scream that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die. That is beyond ridiculous despite your unfortunate experience of 30 seconds at the Chuck Wagon. It's actually insecure dorks who feel the need to constantly ask vegetarians why they don't eat meat.

So, you're implying "libs" who in you're analogy are the vegans, are constantly brow beating "non-libs" who in your analogy are meat eaters politely standing in line at the salad bar hoping the green jello doesn't run out before they get some.

It's not happening. Nobody is brow beating you about gorging on bad facts and false promises like "health care that's going to be really great." You are free to intake all the crap you want to. Enjoy, but blame nobody but yourself. Trump just owns a chain of Chuck Wagons and is doing a job. You're his jello customer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

If only they would eat meat and adhere to the principles you hold dear. If only!  If everyone would just do that, then we could all get along! 

Yeah - that's exactly what I said.   Do you have to practice your petulance, or is that something that comes naturally to you?   Although, thinking about it, there is indeed some truth to what you just said: Disagreeing w/out vilification would indeed help.   I suspect you're capable, even if you're not willing right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Are you arguing Trump doesn't get great power from pissing off the libs? He does. K-no is a great example - he picked the most divisive candidate, got the schmucks onboard the Trump train again, and pissed off the libs. Conservatives can't get past their instinctive hate of the libs.

Maybe another problem is conservative viewpoints are based on bullshit now? Kanye West is advising the President today on manufacturing policy. This is how bankrupt the GOP is ideologically now. 

Not a bit - you're right, he does, or at least thinks he does.   This next sentence is absolute crap: "Conservatives can't get past their instinctive hate of the libs."  I don't hate libs - I hate it when libs and conservatives extend disagreement on a topic to a need to "destroy" the person holding the opinion.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benwynn said:

I think the neagative coverage of Trump is a result of the Media quoting him.

Maybe if he were to shut the fuck up, the negative coverage would go down.

I'm dead serious.

Or maybe the media has totally sold out it's traditional role and is the media propaganda arm of the "progressive ,globalist utopia " vision

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Take a look at the difference between a vegan and someone who's not.  The person who's not a vegan is perfectly happy letting the vegan enjoy their chosen diet.  The vegan screams that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die, and takes great pains to try to stop everyone else from eating meat.  

I have vegan friends, and think your generalization (like most here) is horseshit. The vegans I know specifically tell me not to accommodate them when they are over for dinner, as I usually have a vegetables and potatos along with whatever meat we are having, and they express no dismay whatsoever as I scarf down a ribeye. 

The title of the thread applied in many ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Or maybe the media has totally sold out it's traditional role and is the media propaganda arm of the "progressive ,globalist utopia " vision

Consider it one less thing you have to imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benwynn said:

Consider it one less thing you have to imagine.

True...it not imaginary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lasal said:


You made a bad analogy, and I responded to it. To spell it out for you,

Vegans do not scream that anyone eating meat is a murderer who deserves to die. That is beyond ridiculous despite your unfortunate experience of 30 seconds at the Chuck Wagon. It's actually insecure dorks who feel the need to constantly ask vegetarians why they don't eat meat.

So, you're implying "libs" who in you're analogy are the vegans, are constantly brow beating "non-libs" who in your analogy are meat eaters politely standing in line at the salad bar hoping the green jello doesn't run out before they get some.

 It's not happening. Nobody is brow beating you about gorging on bad facts and false promises like "health care that's going to be really great." You are free to intake all the crap you want to. Enjoy, but blame nobody but yourself. Trump just owns a chain of Chuck Wagons and is doing a job. You're his jello customer.

 

Read the responses here, and tell me what impression you come away with. Answer me this, are you intentionally leaving out the portion of my reply in which I mentioned that we can't attribute a behavior to every member of a group, just because some members of that group have engaged in it?  Does the fact that not every member of a group engages in a distasteful behavior negate the distaste for the behavior?  That seems to be what many suggest - that if everyone only adopted the D approach to everything, recognizing that the poor instances of D behavior are certainly justified because they have had to tolerate so much opposition, that everything would be OK? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I have vegan friends, and think your generalization (like most here) is horseshit. The vegans I know specifically tell me not to accommodate them when they are over for dinner, as I usually have a vegetables and potatos along with whatever meat we are having, and they express no dismay whatsoever as I scarf down a ribeye. 

The title of the thread applied in many ways.

You're right - the generalization for illustrative purposes wasn't intended to suggest that all vegans are militan vegans, or that all libs are as intolerant of other opinions as many who comment here seem to be.  I think I articulated that quite clearly in a subsequent post, but, please do carry on, and help me understand how your experiences negate everyone else's.  You've never met a militant vegan, or an intolerant lib?  Can you regale us with accounts of your many experiences of conservative oppression?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Really? I was vegetarian (never Vegan) for 17 years. Fucking everyone wanted me to eat meat. Yeah, it's good, and I happily eat it now. 

But I did gain 20 pounds almost immediately and it's been shit for my digestive system.

17 years of rice and lentils will do that to you. :P