Shortforbob

Republican meltdown

Oh my golly gosh...a pop singer just endorsed the other side.

The rage..

Really? Anyone would think they're scared of the kiddy vote.

Mind you, it's a pretty pointed endorsement 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/08/taylor-swift-instagram-post-endorsement-democrats-tennessee

Her endorsements drew much praise but also a fierce backlash. Some white supremacists who have formed an odd cult following around the singer cried betrayal, while some more mainstream fans said she should have stuck to her music.

On Monday, Donald Trump joined in, saying he now liked Swift’s music “about 25% less”.

Those rightwing fans, for one, were incensed.

“Oh yay! Another literally retarded celebrity the left can fawn over while we make fun of her and them for being retarded,” wrote one poster on the often-controversial online message board 4chan.

“Taylor swift just ended her entire career lmao,” [sic] another poster wrote. A third chimed in: “Guys I think those fucking cultists who tortment [sic] us killed Taylor Swift and replaced her with a brain dead [non-playable character]. Those fuckers have gone too far this time. I will defend the honor of my lady Taylor Swift and find a way to return her to normal.”

Mainstream Republicans were also displeased, posting a response promising she would not be able to, in the words of one of her hits, “shake it off”.

“If you haven’t heard, multimillionaire pop star Taylor Swift came down from her ivory tower to tell hardworking Tennesseans to vote for Phil Bredesen,” said the post by the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Charlie Kirk, president of conservative group Turning Point USA, tweeted: “You just endorsed a Democrat in the Tennessee Senate race with a ridiculous statement saying Marsha Blackburn, a woman, is against women. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.”

Dixie Chicks again?

Aren’t you glad you don’t live here and have to deal with this shit on a daily basis Meli?

• Like 1

I thought it was the Democrats who could not handle stuff and were melting down.

I know some of our fellow posters are saying that.  Are they not telling the truth?

Celebrities should STFU about politics unless they are Trump, Nugent, Eastwood, etc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

On Monday, Donald Trump joined in, saying he now liked Swift’s music “about 25% less”.

Another comment he should take back to the Stern show where it belongs. But that one is pretty funny.

7 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

Another comment he should take back to the Stern show where it belongs. But that one is pretty funny.

:lol:

32 minutes ago, Dex Sawash said:

Celebrities should STFU about politics unless they are Trump, Nugent, Eastwood, etc.

There is an exception to that rule for the real A-List celebrities like Scott Baio, or those who personify the New American Culture...like Kid Rock. 

4 hours ago, chum said:

Aren’t you glad you don’t live here and have to deal with this shit on a daily basis Meli?

Yeah, it's way better to be able to look on from outside and kibitz.

The emotional decision making bubble gum bubble head new voters... will be offset by the rising brown class enjoying the fruits of their labors under Trumps economic revitalization 

4 hours ago, Dex Sawash said:

Celebrities should STFU about politics unless they are Trump, Nugent, or Eastwood, etc.

That's the whole list, no etc needed.

20 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

The emotional decision making bubble gum bubble head new voters... will be offset by the rising brown class enjoying the fruits of their labors under Trumps economic revitalization 

So when is this going to take place? Trump's numbers have steadily fallen in every state except Alabama and W. VA.  There is so much wrong with your thinking, er repeating Trumpisms.   Bigly! YUGE!. 

Trumps Economic Revitilizations!  Now on Sale at Hannity's and Infowars.com  Order yours today, limited supplies and not available in some areas. 

Just now, d'ranger said:

So when is this going to take place? Trump's numbers have steadily fallen in every state except Alabama and W. VA.  There is so much wrong with your thinking, er repeating Trumpisms.   Bigly! YUGE!. 

Trumps Economic Revitilizations!  Now on Sale at Hannity's and Infowars.com  Order yours today, limited supplies and not available in some areas. 

Again....I  find pools credibility suspect...I and many would not participate...also they are full of carefully worded ambiguous questions

The meltdown will accelerate in January. Once it's clear that Pence will be out of the running if he is elevated to Pres, the battle will begin. Trump is barely more likely than not to serve out the first term at 4/9. And his odds of reelection are a sad 1/2. Pathetic. What a looser. There's gonna be a lot of melting down. Dumb asses like Graham are going for name recognition. What a tool. It's the party of looser tools. They should be melted down.

Just now, SailBlueH2O said:

Again....I  find pools credibility suspect...I and many would not participate...also they are full of carefully worded ambiguous questions

Well pools(sic) were YUGE when Trump's numbers were up? Now, eh, not so much.  But he is still packing them in at the Rallies.  Speaking of, has there ever been a politician who after being elected continued to create rallies weekly?  Trump is absolutely cementing his base,  unfortunately cement sinks.

21 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Like Trump says, "Things are true and not true, all at once. Don't believe your eyes and ears."

1 hour ago, lasal said:

That's the whole list, no etc needed.

Left off Reagan 

5 minutes ago, Dex Sawash said:

Left off Reagan 

George Murphy, Senator from CA. Like Reagan, Murphy had been president of SAG before he got into politics.

Arnold, Governator of CA.

54 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

George Murphy, Senator from CA. Like Reagan, Murphy had been president of SAG before he got into politics.

Arnold, Governator of CA.

From 1965....

• Like 1

So, T-Swizzle is being credited with sparking a voter registration surge after chiming in.

And, Republicans, who trot out the likes of Kid Rock and Ted Nugent (as if they have any real political credibility), are whining because she opened her mouth.

Just another day in Hypocrite Whiner-Land.

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So, T-Swizzle is being credited with sparking a voter registration surge after chiming in.

And, Republicans, who trot out the likes of Kid Rock and Ted Nugent (as if they have any real political credibility), are whining because she opened her mouth.

Just another day in Hypocrite Whiner-Land.

Last day for voter registration was October 8th. The registration surge was due to that.

21 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

Tom Lehrer

From 1965....

I'm a huge Tom Lehrer fan. In fact, I'm often in Santa Cruz and I have a UCSC buddy who might know him for any of several reasons. I'd never thought of looking him up but I'll see my buddy on Wednesday and find out. I always meant to look up George Olson (Santa Cruz boatbuilder) and tell him thanks for the boat. Shoulda done that.

20 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

Last day for voter registration was October 8th. The registration surge was due to that.

Was that deadline nationwide?  No.

If you are referring to Tennessee, the additional registrations went up by about 5,200.

Vote.org reports a surge of more than 100,000 new registrations.  

Go ahead and dismiss her.  

6 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

and of course james woods is savage AF

075882E7-35A7-49FA-B79E-BA20634136B9-699

Three posts in a row cup cake! Obviously this news has really knocked you around. Was she your spank girl? Wait- that is why you are so upset ‘Blue Balls’?

3 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Wow who would have thought a pop star could give so many old white guys such butthurt. 

Just now, LB 15 said:

Wow who would have thought a pop star could give so many old white guys such butthurt. 

Oh no... you missed my conclusion....   will be offset by the rising brown class enjoying the fruits of their labors under Trumps economic revitalization 

Just now, SailBlueH2O said:

Oh no... you missed my conclusion....   will be offset by the rising brown class enjoying the fruits of their labors under Trumps economic revitalization 

What is the rising brown class, professor?

3 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

And there was I accusing you of being a racist. My apologies. Here let me make it up to you...

6692F394-9980-40C8-B653-2FAEAC23099B.jpeg

Just now, lasal said:

What is the rising brown class, professor?

Well that is how they and the PC crowd refer to Mexicans  and other Hispanic ,SA's...their hard work ,strong traditional family units, church going, business building,  you know the ole American way....well my conclusion from those I interact with both professionally  and socially ....

26 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Was that deadline nationwide?  No.

If you are referring to Tennessee, the additional registrations went up by about 5,200.

Vote.org reports a surge of more than 100,000 new registrations.  

Go ahead and dismiss her.  

so, 94,800 t swizzle fans are probably going vote for bredesen in another state.

I hope ms swift gives her fans better instructions.

4 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Well that is how they and the PC crowd refer to Mexicans  and other Hispanic ,SA's...their hard work ,strong traditional family units, church going, business building,  you know the ole American way....well my conclusion from those I interact with both professionally  and socially ....

The PC crowd refers to Latinos as the brown class? Oh, you mean Beaners. Got it.

8 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Here are some more. 

9287538E-6540-47E2-AC27-5A053D7D4E5B.jpeg

Britney and it's not even close.image.png.bbea1116c330898c33b3bc3df195995e.png

Like TS, Britney has been moving towards SJW status.

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Here are some more. 

9287538E-6540-47E2-AC27-5A053D7D4E5B.jpeg

From your personal stalking stash ?....never got the whole Taylor Swift thing...she is just a pop star making a lot of money for her self and producers....nothing wrong with that but to each their own...have at her LB

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Britney and it's not even close.image.png.bbea1116c330898c33b3bc3df195995e.png

Like TS, Britney has been moving towards SJW status.

Spears over Swift....Pink and Christina Aguilera for me...I like girls with a little edge.....don't sense any of that with LB's girl

52 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Spears over Swift....Pink and Christina Aguilera for me...I like girls with a little edge.....don't sense any of that with LB's girl

Pink? 

"

When asked about her ­political views, the star said: “The world the way it is now is dicey, dicey. It’s crazy times.

“Every morning I wake up, throw my hands up in the air and I’m like, ‘F***ing unbelievable, this is unbelievable.’

“What’s my reaction to Trump? Simply f***ing unbelievable.

“There is no good stuff with him, no good stuff at all. There’s zero there. I just want this part over so we can get to the clean-up operation.”"

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/pink-is-raising-her-kids-genderneutral-and-says-trump-is-fing-unbelievable/news-story/6936453f7186357ed8a277e224ad8575

Thank you,Taylor.

After reluctantly giving in to my daughters demands to listen to your poppy with a tinge of angst country but not country tunes during road trips for a few years there, you have at least paid me back a little. I would love to hear your opinion of the NRA, but you've done enough damage to the fragile egos of the right wing egomaniacs for now. If I'm forced to listen to your music again it will be with slightly less irritation.

lasal

• Like 1

Remember that time the Repubs melted down over the Dixie Chicks criticizing GWB? Remember when the Dixie Chicks turned out to be correct?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hermetic said:

so, 94,800 t swizzle fans are probably going vote for bredesen in another state.

I can see why you felt she was only speaking to Tennessee residents and only asking her fans to vote for Bredesen and Cooper.

Except, this is what she wrote -

"Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway.
So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do."

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

:lol:

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I can see why you felt she was only speaking to Tennessee residents and only asking her fans to vote for Bredesen and Cooper.

"Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway.
So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do."

I know,  really left-wing stuff, that.   Encouraging young folks to read and register....the horror.

10 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
15 hours ago, hermetic said:

i know - she gave better instructions.  good for her

image.png.0d58e409c409166f3abd449cb6853bd3.png

image.png.5a8397cffa8e0bfe29ddcf8854ed5272.png

image.png.b0bd0f9d893dce8df052160bd6f7853f.png

image.png.e3a66a98b7e9591efb25b869a6c20236.png

14 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

u can keep the first 2 fags.  maybe newt too.  I'll have a beer with brett any day of the week.

Watch out, after a few beers he's been know to dry hump folks.

But I'm sure you'd like it.

What I find humourous are the people who say that those in the entertainment business should stay out of politics. All while supporting a reality tv star as president.

28 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Watch out, after a few beers he's been know to dry hump folks.

But I'm sure you'd like it.

please point to the spot on the doll where the mean supreme court justice touched you.

47 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

u can keep the first 2 fags.  maybe newt too.  I'll have a beer with brett any day of the week.

So, you like entitled crybaby rich assholes more than self-made crybaby rich assholes.  Must be a jealousy thing.

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

What I find humourous are the people who say that those in the entertainment business should stay out of politics. All while supporting a reality tv star as president.

The Smartest New Yorker Ever gets the best ratings. 

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

Well, to the folks on the right, dismissing a performer for having a political view only counts when it isn't one of their team.

Remember when we heard about this event?  Hoo boy, no dismissal from the right on that.

20-sarah-palin-kid-rock-white-house.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Just now, Barnacle Balls said:

kid rock is good people

Should anyone give a shit about what he thinks regarding politics?  I mean, any more than the guy who delivers my newspaper?

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Should anyone give a shit about what he thinks regarding politics?  I mean, any more than the guy who delivers my newspaper?

not any more than we give a shit about what you say.

Just now, Barnacle Balls said:

not any more than we give a shit about what you say.

Fair enough.  So, why did folks get all giddy about him, Caribou Barbie, and Mr. "I shit my pants to avoid military service" meeting with President Bone Spurs.

2 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Just what you want for one of your most senior justice officials - a guy who'd be good to have a beer with. :rolleyes:

America seems to continue getting dumber by the day.

34 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, to the folks on the right, dismissing a performer for having a political view only counts when it isn't one of their team.

Remember when we heard about this event?  Hoo boy, no dismissal from the right on that.

That pic would be hilarious if it was a Saturday Night Live skit.

As reality it is fucking terrifying.

WTF is wrong with you people who support that? Are you really so stupid that you can't see it?

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Just what you want for one of your most senior justice officials - a guy who'd be good to have a beer with. :rolleyes:

America seems to continue getting dumber by the day.

I dunno, it'd be pretty cool to be sitting at the bar with a supreme court justice.  Hell, I bet I could get that wise latina to lambada on my face after a few shots of patron.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That pic would be hilarious if it was a Saturday Night Live skit.

As reality it is fucking terrifying.

WTF is wrong with you people who support that? Are you really so stupid that you can't see it?

celebs-at-white-house-collage-.jpg

On 10/9/2018 at 9:22 AM, SailBlueH2O said:

The emotional decision making... 

emotional? that's something only a lying, patronizing asshole would say, dickhead.

if you, for some odd reason, expect what little credibility that's available to you here discussing politics, you'll think harder about posting brain fart lies (maybe it wasn't a lie, maybe you're actually that fkg stupid) like you did here. 

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

that's one of those million dollar questions.

WTF, indeed.

29 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

A couple of people in that pic appear to have a modicum of intelligence.

The prior pic, not so much.

40 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Don't people take their hats off indoors anymore?  This comment includes the two yahoos/assholes in the Trump pic as well.  And in general they do look smarter that the clusterfuck of over the hill celebrities in the Trump pic.

Just now, Left Shift said:

Don't people take their hats off indoors anymore? 

No. That stopped about the same time people started wearing their hats backwards and sideways.

For a male (or eunuch), wearing a hat indoors is akin to writing asshole across your face:

wire-75243-1487266421-498_634x396.jpg

5 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Sure - Chug a couple of brews, hit a couple of parties, slap a few bitches around...

Good times.

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

"That hat fucking hat ....

14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

No. That stopped about the same time people started wearing their hats backwards and sideways.

Where is Dabs when you need him?