Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

Songs/Groups that Suck but You Still Played Them

Recommended Posts

Solo artists, not a group

Willaim Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

 

Leonard Nimoy - If I had a Hammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything by John Denver.(My mother bought me the greatest hits album, I was 12 and it was my only record :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, some dude said:

this one?

 

no..the one that goes..la lala lalala la

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

 

the ventures have never sucked..

 

 

this and several of their others still gives me goose bumps... and usually trigger a 3 or 4 hour trip down the youtube rabbit hole

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MKF said:

Only a couple of weeks away before we get all the horrible Christmas songs...they are the WORST!

 

Drives one bonkers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, QBF said:

Solo artists, not a group

Willaim Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

 

Leonard Nimoy - If I had a Hammer

If we're ever in a car together - you're not allowed to touch the radio dials... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MKF said:

Only a couple of weeks away before we get all the horrible Christmas songs...they are the WORST!

 

Drives one bonkers

"Let it Snow", "Santa Baby" and "Jingle Bell Rock" are still O/K in the right circumstances and with the right performers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Anything by John Denver.(My mother bought me the greatest hits album, I was 12 and it was my only record :(

That explains a lot. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, No Bargers said:

I win....

 

It did cause me to read up on the Baron Manfred von Richthofen. As a teenager, I loved the book I read about him....fascinating individual and period. I don't even remember the name of the book and its long since perished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During my Heavy Metal phase which lasted all of a week or possibly two, I'd listen to this all day. I still enjoy it, and I've been a Pat Boone fan since the 1950's!

Consider it the Bossa Nova version!

1506452607_PatBoone.jpg.4f9fff6f4bd98b7ac5d1ac05de006f21.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you people ever listened to half this stuff!

Speaking of bad songs and videos that were actually watched, here's one that my Finnish relatives really did watch back in the day:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, QBF said:

During my Heavy Metal phase which lasted all of a week or possibly two, I'd listen to this all day. I still enjoy it, and I've been a Pat Boone fan since the 1950's!

Consider it the Bossa Nova version!

1506452607_PatBoone.jpg.4f9fff6f4bd98b7ac5d1ac05de006f21.jpg

 

 

Wow, that was awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, QBF said:

During my Heavy Metal phase which lasted all of a week or possibly two, I'd listen to this all day. I still enjoy it, and I've been a Pat Boone fan since the 1950's!

Consider it the Bossa Nova version!

1506452607_PatBoone.jpg.4f9fff6f4bd98b7ac5d1ac05de006f21.jpg

 

 

I'd forgotten about that - friggin hilarious.

THE poster boy for bland and religiosity trying to be a hardass.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'd forgotten about that - friggin hilarious.

THE poster boy for bland and religiosity trying to be a hardass.

 

He did it as a joke

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, QBF said:

He did it as a joke

 

He succeeded - I LMAO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 5:55 PM, See Level said:

Wow, that was awful.

That may be one of the worst things I've ever heard.

It CRUSHES the Bossa Nova cover of Sabbath's "Paranoid" I heard in a restaurant in Port Denarau a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hoped that Megadeath would respond with a cover of a Pat Boone tune...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 9:46 PM, Point Break said:

I intensely dislike Celine Dion music...........however I could never express that in front of Mrs PB..................


Mrs PB, do you know that Celine! (as she styles herself) is in residence at at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas?  Tickets can be had for only $130 a seat.  They are booking about 2 weeks in advance, so I'd jump on them now for that Thanksgiving vacation. 

PB, I can't think of a more hellish way to spend several hours; surround by Celine fans and facing the Prima Donna herself. Fortunately, Charlotte, who revels in doing that type of stuff to me, can't stand Celine! either.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:


Mrs PB, do you know that Celine! (as she styles herself) is in residence at at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas?  Tickets can be had for only $130 a seat.  They are booking about 2 weeks in advance, so I'd jump on them now for that Thanksgiving vacation. 

PB, I can't think of a more hellish way to spend several hours; surround by Celine fans and facing the Prima Donna herself. Fortunately, Charlotte, who revels in doing that type of stuff to me, can't stand Celine! either.  ;)

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:


Mrs PB, do you know that Celine! (as she styles herself) is in residence at at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas?  Tickets can be had for only $130 a seat.  They are booking about 2 weeks in advance, so I'd jump on them now for that Thanksgiving vacation. 

PB, I can't think of a more hellish way to spend several hours; surround by Celine fans and facing the Prima Donna herself. Fortunately, Charlotte, who revels in doing that type of stuff to me, can't stand Celine! either.  ;)

If you can stall until after June of next year you'll be fine.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/celine-dion-final-lives-las-vegas-live-residency-728510/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how these guys survive cause I'm probably their only fan but gawd I love their sense of humor...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cried a tear when Dan passed away. His more recent stuff was as cool or cooler than the early years. Sadly, society moved on.

I mean really, who writes a song about a drunk asking the bartender if he can borrow his car?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canned Music was a great one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this