Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

Songs/Groups that Suck but You Still Played Them

Solo artists, not a group

Willaim Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Leonard Nimoy - If I had a Hammer

Anything by John Denver.(My mother bought me the greatest hits album, I was 12 and it was my only record :(

9 minutes ago, some dude said:

this one?

no..the one that goes..la lala lalala la

23 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

the ventures have never sucked..

this and several of their others still gives me goose bumps... and usually trigger a 3 or 4 hour trip down the youtube rabbit hole

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MKF said:

Only a couple of weeks away before we get all the horrible Christmas songs...they are the WORST!

Drives one bonkers

7 hours ago, QBF said:

Solo artists, not a group

Willaim Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Leonard Nimoy - If I had a Hammer

If we're ever in a car together - you're not allowed to touch the radio dials... 

17 hours ago, MKF said:

Only a couple of weeks away before we get all the horrible Christmas songs...they are the WORST!

Drives one bonkers

"Let it Snow", "Santa Baby" and "Jingle Bell Rock" are still O/K in the right circumstances and with the right performers.

14 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Anything by John Denver.(My mother bought me the greatest hits album, I was 12 and it was my only record :(

That explains a lot. ;)

4 hours ago, No Bargers said:

I win....

It did cause me to read up on the Baron Manfred von Richthofen. As a teenager, I loved the book I read about him....fascinating individual and period. I don't even remember the name of the book and its long since perished.

During my Heavy Metal phase which lasted all of a week or possibly two, I'd listen to this all day. I still enjoy it, and I've been a Pat Boone fan since the 1950's!

Consider it the Bossa Nova version!

1506452607_PatBoone.jpg.4f9fff6f4bd98b7ac5d1ac05de006f21.jpg

I don't think you people ever listened to half this stuff!

Speaking of bad songs and videos that were actually watched, here's one that my Finnish relatives really did watch back in the day:

13 hours ago, QBF said:

During my Heavy Metal phase which lasted all of a week or possibly two, I'd listen to this all day. I still enjoy it, and I've been a Pat Boone fan since the 1950's!

Wow, that was awful.

16 hours ago, QBF said:

I'd forgotten about that - friggin hilarious.

THE poster boy for bland and religiosity trying to be a hardass.

11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'd forgotten about that - friggin hilarious.

THE poster boy for bland and religiosity trying to be a hardass.

He did it as a joke

3 hours ago, QBF said:

He did it as a joke

He succeeded - I LMAO.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:55 PM, See Level said:

Wow, that was awful.

That may be one of the worst things I've ever heard.

It CRUSHES the Bossa Nova cover of Sabbath's "Paranoid" I heard in a restaurant in Port Denarau a few years back.

I really hoped that Megadeath would respond with a cover of a Pat Boone tune...

On 10/9/2018 at 9:46 PM, Point Break said:

I intensely dislike Celine Dion music...........however I could never express that in front of Mrs PB..................

Mrs PB, do you know that Celine! (as she styles herself) is in residence at at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas?  Tickets can be had for only $130 a seat.  They are booking about 2 weeks in advance, so I'd jump on them now for that Thanksgiving vacation. 

PB, I can't think of a more hellish way to spend several hours; surround by Celine fans and facing the Prima Donna herself. Fortunately, Charlotte, who revels in doing that type of stuff to me, can't stand Celine! either.  ;)

22 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Mrs PB, do you know that Celine! (as she styles herself) is in residence at at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas?  Tickets can be had for only $130 a seat.  They are booking about 2 weeks in advance, so I'd jump on them now for that Thanksgiving vacation. 

PB, I can't think of a more hellish way to spend several hours; surround by Celine fans and facing the Prima Donna herself. Fortunately, Charlotte, who revels in doing that type of stuff to me, can't stand Celine! either.  ;)

:lol:

55 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

If you can stall until after June of next year you'll be fine.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/celine-dion-final-lives-las-vegas-live-residency-728510/

I don't know how these guys survive cause I'm probably their only fan but gawd I love their sense of humor...

I cried a tear when Dan passed away. His more recent stuff was as cool or cooler than the early years. Sadly, society moved on.

I mean really, who writes a song about a drunk asking the bartender if he can borrow his car?

Canned Music was a great one.