FRANKJ

DOYLE SAIL LOFT DETROIT

Al D no longer employed by North Sails, wonder why????

On 10/9/2018 at 4:39 PM, BillDBastard said:

The flowers think oh no not again

Love it hichikers guide to galaxy if only we knew why?

Short answer is that sailmaker affiliations in this town has always been a game of musical chairs.

I've heard the long answer, not that exciting.  ;) 

• Like 1

Just history repeating itself, no?

Al has a way of changing like the tide in his affiliations. Has something todo with making money from a given situation.

• Like 1

Whichever sail loft can get them the best rating for "Bernida?"

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Geff said:

Whichever sail loft can get them the best rating for "Bernida?"

Bernida was sold.

Flying Buffalo is the current PHRF "project".

Seems like a decent thread for one of the funniest sailing stories I was witnessed to.  Mackinac Island '75 and I had just gotten the shit kicked out of me on a smaller boat and am sitting on the flower boxes outside the Chippewa.  Next thing we see is a guy standing next to us drinking a can of beer (that would be Bob Declercq) and two cops pedal up (yes, it is funny-looking) and one of them grabs the beer and presumably goes in to dump it.  Well, Bob is not happy.  Those motherfuckers took my beer, those motherfuckers can't take my beer, those motherfuckers...you get the idea.  The cop that dumped the beer and his partner never missed a step and grabbed Bob by both arms and that was the last of my eyewitness account.  

Per Bob, they threw him in a temporary tent set up for the drunks and told him that you get out at 7am and it's $50 and doesn't show up on your record.  All is fine and he finds a place is nodding off when he hears Al and Tim Woodhouse screaming his name.  They say they're going to break him out and he's telling them to chill that it's all taken care of, but then he sees the knife poke through the tent and cut a hole for him to leave.  Of course there is a cop watching Al and Tim and explains that he's not coming out, you're going in.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ropetrick said:

Bernida was sold.

Donated I thought

Buffalo is looking like $1M these days