Sign in to follow this  
toad

Trump tells Little Toddlers Who is Boss

The youngest child to come before the bench in federal immigration courtroom No. 14 was so small she had to be lifted into the chair. Even the judge in her black robes breathed a soft “aww” as her latest case perched on the brown leather.

Her feet stuck out from the seat in small gray sneakers, her legs too short to dangle. Her fists were stuffed under her knees. As soon as the caseworker who had sat her there turned to go, she let out a whimper that rose to a thin howl, her crumpled face a bursting dam.

The girl, Fernanda Jacqueline Davila, was 2 years old: brief life, long journey. The caseworker, a big-boned man from the shelter that had been contracted to raise her since she was taken from her grandmother at the border in late July, was the only person in the room she had met before that day.

At the moment, the government’s rolls include hundreds of children in shelters and temporary foster care programs who were taken from an adult at the border, whether a parent, grandparent or some other companion. About 13,000 children who came to the United States on their own were being held in federally contracted shelters this month, more than five times the number in May 2017.

All of which means there are more children showing up more often to federal immigration courtrooms like Judge Zagzoug’s, at hearings that could determine whether they will be deported, reunited with their parents, or granted the asylum that their parents desperately want for them. They often sit at counsel tables alone, unaccompanied by any family and sometimes without even a lawyer.

Under the circumstances, the children in Courtroom 14, many of whom were from a shelter operated by the Cayuga Centers, were fortunate. Many were allowed to go home at night to a foster family, though they returned to the shelter by day. And they could count on lawyers from Catholic Charities, which receives funding from a nonprofit group to represent immigrant children in New York City shelters.

“We used to just deal with teenagers,” one lawyer, Jodi Ziesemer, said as she ushered children to the 14th floor before the hearings began. “Now they’re …” Her gaze swept the small group. Fernanda was gripping a green apple with both hands, occasionally taking a bite. As they moved down the hallway, her caseworker picked her up and carried her toward court.

The USA is on an extremely fucked path.

Keeriste you would have to be a soulless cunt to support that sort of thing.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Yeah, blame the president.  

Not the asshole parents who decided to break the law with their crotch fruit in tow.  

Call me a soulless cunt.  But I pay $30,000 each year in property taxes almost all of which goes to the pubic school.  On top of that I get to pay for all these fuckers free breakfast and lunches, school supplies, and toiletries while my kid gets no freebies because, well we're not destitute.  The kids barely speak english and the teachers pass them for fear for reprisals.  These kids are going into high school knowing very little and I guarantee will become thugs and criminals.  Not all of them, but I'd say most. 

So fuck you with your kumbaya love your neighbor crap. 

• Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Not the asshole parents who decided to break the law with their crotch fruit in tow.  

Call me a soulless cunt.  But I pay $30,000 each year in property taxes almost all of which goes to the pubic school.  On top of that I get to pay for all these fuckers free breakfast and lunches, school supplies, and toiletries while my kid gets no freebies because, well we're not destitute.  The kids barely speak english and the teachers pass them for fear for reprisals.  These kids are going into high school knowing very little and I guarantee will become thugs and criminals.  Not all of them, but I'd say most. 

I wouldn't call you a soulless cunt, that's obvious. I'd call you a barely literate punk ass bitch who lies about his property taxes to express his idiotic racism, but that's just me.

• Like 8

How much property do you have to own to be paying that much? 

21 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Crotch fruit? $30,000 in property tax?  You wouldn't happen to be a fruit grower of any kind would you?

I think we can just possibly call you an exploitative criminal racist cunt.

17 minutes ago, mad said:

Rhode island 

I thought you were one of the Long Island Little Bitches club.  welcome back.

50 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Call me a soulless cunt. 

You're a soulless cunt

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Not the asshole parents who decided to break the law with their crotch fruit in tow. ......

You mean the asshole POTUS who has broken the law and has his crutch fruit in tow?

1 hour ago, Barnacle Balls said:

You're a victim. We get it.

Women fleeing vilence and certain death only to have their children taking away at the border: No fuck to be given

Barnacle Balls property taxes are too high: An injustice worthy of getting us all a hankie.  Let's all give him a group hug.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Like your new sock. 

Familiar with the practice?

10 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Women fleeing vilence and certain death only to have their children taking away at the border: No fuck to be given

Barnacle Balls property taxes are too high: An injustice worthy of getting us all a hankie.  Let's all give him a group hug.

They're leaving cause they're poor dumbass.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

They're leaving cause they're poor dumbass.

Oh... You're an idiot. Disregard what I said.

For a minute there, I thought you had some brains and you'd get the point. How wacky is that? 

Hey everybody. New talking point from Barnacle Bawls:

Women and children fleeling El Savador because they can't afford premium channels.

5 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Hey everybody. New talking point from Barnacle Bawls:

Women and children fleeling El Savador because they can't afford premium channels.

Let me enlighten you my little lewis black sycophant...

I'm in the construction business.  Every day, I talk to workers and get to know them really well.  I talk to them on frigid mornings over hot coffees.  I shelter under a corrugated roof when the rain gets too heavy.    Most are nice, good, hardworking people with families.  But almost all of them are illegals.  And over twenty-something years, I know almost all their stories... how they came from ecaudor or nicaragua or elsalavador and the hardships they faced.  I don't diminish the challenges they faced.  

That being said, almost all of them came here for the same reason... work.  

2 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Call me a soulless cunt.

O/K, you're a soulless cunt.

And so is your elk.

And by the way, I wasn't blaming your soulless and brainless President, I was blaming YOU and the other soulless cunts who support treating desperate people that way.

If you're paying $30K in property taxes then you are a rich soulless cunt which makes you even cuntier for being such a greedy selfish fuck.

But then I think we all knew that already from the tripe you post.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

I don't diminish the challenges they faced.  

The fuck you don't. Scroll up.

15 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

I'm in the construction business.  Every day, I talk to workers and get to know them really well.  I talk to them on frigid mornings over hot coffees.  I shelter under a corrugated roof when the rain gets too heavy.    Most are nice, good, hardworking people with families.  But almost all of them are illegals.  And over twenty-something years, I know almost all their stories... how they came from ecaudor or nicaragua or elsalavador and the hardships they faced.  I don't diminish the challenges they faced.  

That being said, almost all of them came here for the same reason... work.  

Didn't you just say most Latino immigrants will become criminals? And, that you are offended by children's toiletries?

You are obviously a fucked in the foot sock and racist troll. Buen Dia bitch.

3 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

I'm in the construction business.  Every day, I talk to workers and get to know them really well.  I talk to them on frigid mornings over hot coffees.  I shelter under a corrugated roof when the rain gets too heavy.    Most are nice, good, hardworking people with families.

"in the construction business". Does fetching coffee really count as being in the business?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

I'm in the construction business.  Every day, I talk to workers and get to know them really well.  I talk to them on frigid mornings over hot coffees.  I shelter under a corrugated roof when the rain gets too heavy.  

1 hour ago, Battlecheese said:

"in the construction business". Does fetching coffee really count as being in the business?

It's not just about the coffee.  He also talks to the workers on frigid mornings, and shelters under a corrugated roof when the rain gets too heavy.  The  patter of the drops providing a soothing chorus, providing the comfort and promise of a new day of asshole parents who decided to break the law with their crotch fruit in tow. 

I thought I'd try a juxtaposition of his creative writing with his soulless cunt bit.  I think it works.

"But Obama"  you really can't help yourself but BE a complete twat, can you ?

What would it take for you to leave everything you have and everyone you ever knew and hoof it to a place where you know not a one ?

How sick is your soul that you begrudge others basic elements of civilization ?  

You think your local tax assessment is going to go DOWN if you didn't have some outsiders to scapegoat, do ya ? 

Yes,  it would be better if their home countries got their act together,  but for the time being be thankful of our prosperity - while it lasts.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

"But Obama"  you really can't help yourself but BE a complete twat, can you ?

What would it take for you to leave everything you have and everyone you ever knew and hoof it to a place where you know not a one ?

How sick is your soul that you begrudge others basic elements of civilization ?  

You think your local tax assessment is going to go DOWN if you didn't have some outsiders to scapegoat, do ya ? 

Yes,  it would be better if their home countries got their act together,  but for the time being be thankful of our prosperity - while it lasts.

You are a pustule on a rabid yack's ass. The US does not have the ability to save the world and provide a comfy new life for every person in a bad situation. None of you assholes on the left can explain why a central American is more deserving of our hospitality than a Somali, Lebanese, South African, Indian etc. Close the border then decide how many we can assimilate and make the process fair to all peoples. not just those that share a border with us. 

Most that come here are not refugees and would not fave any threat if they were repatriated. Those that bring children here and have no papers or proof they are related. It was a proper decision by Obama and Trump to detain the children until a related adult can be found.

We do this same thing to American children every day. If a single Citizen parent breaks the law and has to be arrested they don't put the children in jail with the parent. If a related person is not available they place the child in foster care. 

It is gutter politics to use this child this way. 

11 hours ago, mad said:

One modest waterfront home in Fairfield County, I reckon.  Larger waterfronts pay that much in lesser Counties.

And employing illegals..isn't that illegal?

how much are you underpaying them?

6 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You are a pustule on a rabid yack's ass. The US does not have the ability to save the world and provide a comfy new life for every person in a bad situation.

That would look damn good at the base of the Statue of Liberty.  It's got more zing than what's there now. Especially the part about the yak with the "c" in it.

• Like 4

I guess they don't bother with spelling and English at MIT.

18 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Nobody supports it, probably not even Trump.

It exists and continues due to the nature of policy inertia, and a lack of leadership to stop it. We needed a leader, we got a reality tv star.

10 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You are a pustule on a rabid yack's ass. The US does not have the ability to save the world and provide a comfy new life for every person in a bad situation. None of you assholes on the left can explain why a central American is more deserving of our hospitality than a Somali, Lebanese, South African, Indian etc. Close the border then decide how many we can assimilate and make the process fair to all peoples. not just those that share a border with us. 

Most that come here are not refugees and would not fave any threat if they were repatriated. Those that bring children here and have no papers or proof they are related. It was a proper decision by Obama and Trump to detain the children until a related adult can be found.

We do this same thing to American children every day. If a single Citizen parent breaks the law and has to be arrested they don't put the children in jail with the parent. If a related person is not available they place the child in foster care. 

It is gutter politics to use this child this way. 

I guess you didn't learn this about the USA when you grew up in Canada. But we're the USA. We're the global superpower, we are supposed to be a beacon of equality and liberty. When us little 7 year old snot nose punks put our hand over our heart and pledged our allegiance to our country, we promised that in fact we WOULD save the world, we promised that we WOULD provide a healthy life for those who can't find it elsewhere, for those who are in trouble, for those children and parents getting the shit beat out of them by pathological idealogues who fancy themselves generals and spiritual leaders. We absolutely DO have the ability to help every one of those children, because we're America, we're the strongest and wealthiest country on the planet.

And we became the strongest and wealthiest country on the planet by adhering to our ideals and our values.

Taking care of those most desperate, most poor, most in need, it's not a Lefty thing, it's not a Righty thing, it's an American thing. At least it's supposed to be, If you can't get behind that program than fuck off to some other country where people can live in luxury without having to smell the stink of desperation of those who can't afford a luxury yacht or a safe place to rest their head at night. You might prefer an island nation that can protect its borders with ruthless efficiency so that your luxury home with a view of the ocean doesn't have to also have a view of people with Mexican Tupac t-shirts and jelly sandals.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

And employing illegals..isn't that illegal?

how much are you underpaying them?

Fuck off Meli, fix the problems in your own shithole country without constantly insulting our shithole country.

While you're constantly bitching about America, New Zealand is beating Australia left, right and center as the emerging center of secular humanity in the South Pacific.

16 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

That being said, almost all of them came here for the same reason... work illegal American hirers.  

I agree with much of what you wrote there, but I had to fix that last bit, no charge.

• Like 1

That being said, almost all of them came here for the same reason... work illegal American hirers.  

I really need to agree with this. While it is tough that these folks are arriving at the US boarder in droves. I do not understand how US employers are permitted to hire illegals. Seems to me that a solution on both sides is required. However I have never heard of any US employer lobby for this. Conflict of interest I reckon. 

39 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

That being said, almost all of them came here for the same reason... work illegal American hirers.  

I really need to agree with this. While it is tough that these folks are arriving at the US boarder in droves. I do not understand how US employers are permitted to hire illegals. Seems to me that a solution on both sides is required. However I have never heard of any US employer lobby for this. Conflict of interest I reckon.

They're usually not permitted. But they break the law with impunity ... because ICE is empowered to feed brown people into the U.S. Prison's industry, but they're not empowered to feed Caucasians into the U.S. Prisons Industry.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

1/2 acre... long island ny

Big fuckin' deal.  You're just another belly-aching "I got mine, fuck the rest."  When did your family immigrate?  We know they did at some point. 

BTW...My family paid $300,000/year in property taxes on Long Island*.  But that was for 14 acres on the northshore waterfront.  So, you really are getting fucked over by the tax man.   That's 1/30th the property and 1/10th the tax. 

Sorry about that.  Hah....Not really.  Your whining removes any and all sympathy.  Just like your orange hero, you are just another soulless asshole. 

* Not bad for some immigrants, eh?  But then we came from a non-shithole country, so we're OK, right?

34 minutes ago, mikewof said:

They're usually not permitted. But they break the law with impunity ... because ICE is empowered to feed brown people into the U.S. Prison's industry, but they're not empowered to feed Caucasians into the U.S. Prisons Industry.

I wonder if Barnacle Balls is one of those who hires the illegals.  Or, maybe he just works alongside the illegals.

Either way, he is aware of the problem and seems to be "okay" with it.  Or, has he called ICE?

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

BTW...My family paid $300,000/year in property taxes on Long Island*.  But that was for 14 acres on the northshore waterfront. 

must have been a very, very, very big house

4 hours ago, hermetic said:

must have been a very, very, very big house

Yep.  14 acres of waterfront land ain't worth shit.

The best the US government could come up with is to remove the child from grandma's custody and then take the little girl before the goddamn court? WTF is wrong with these people? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikewof said:

Nobody supports it, probably not even Trump.

It exists and continues due to the nature of policy inertia, and a lack of leadership to stop it. We needed a leader, we got a reality tv star.

The right wingers here seem very O/K with it - and they are actually pretty rational compared to many on those insanity sites.

8 hours ago, mikewof said:

I guess you didn't learn this about the USA when you grew up in Canada. But we're the USA. We're the global superpower, we are supposed to be a beacon of equality and liberty. When us little 7 year old snot nose punks put our hand over our heart and pledged our allegiance to our country, we promised that in fact we WOULD save the world, we promised that we WOULD provide a healthy life for those who can't find it elsewhere, for those who are in trouble, for those children and parents getting the shit beat out of them by pathological idealogues who fancy themselves generals and spiritual leaders. We absolutely DO have the ability to help every one of those children, because we're America, we're the strongest and wealthiest country on the planet.

And we became the strongest and wealthiest country on the planet by adhering to our ideals and our values.

Taking care of those most desperate, most poor, most in need, it's not a Lefty thing, it's not a Righty thing, it's an American thing. At least it's supposed to be, If you can't get behind that program than fuck off to some other country where people can live in luxury without having to smell the stink of desperation of those who can't afford a luxury yacht or a safe place to rest their head at night. You might prefer an island nation that can protect its borders with ruthless efficiency so that your luxury home with a view of the ocean doesn't have to also have a view of people with Mexican Tupac t-shirts and jelly sandals.

Well said.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah.  The house was actually kind of a 150-year old piece of crap.  As were the gate house, the orchard house, the courtyard buildings, the greenhouse, the horse barn, the boat house and the pool house. 

The only ones the new owners kept were the cute little brick Squash Court building and the garage. 

Long Island is actually a pretty sucky place.  Lotsa ungrateful people named "Barnacle" around to pollute it.  Glad to be gone from there.  

10 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Yeah.  The house was actually kind of a 150-year old piece of crap.  As were the gate house, the orchard house, the courtyard buildings, the greenhouse, the horse barn, the boat house and the pool house.

Fuckin' immigrants. ;)

1 hour ago, Mickey Rat said:

The best the US government could come up with is to remove the child from grandma's custody and then take the little girl before the goddamn court? WTF is wrong with these people? 

Wow, there is an actual human being in there? Nice to know.

9 hours ago, mikewof said:

I particularly like the smug Republican jackasses who want to go have dinner in a four-star restaurant and not be "hassled by leftists." Who the fuck do they think works in restaurants? And are they smart enough to figure out what actually happens to their food, on it's way to their table?

-DSK

Nope.

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Wow, there is an actual human being in there? Nice to know.

I particularly like the smug Republican jackasses who want to go have dinner in a four-star restaurant and not be "hassled by leftists." Who the fuck do they think works in restaurants? And are they smart enough to figure out what actually happens to their food, on it's way to their table?

-DSK

Micky's OK, prolly one of the only real anarchists in the building :)

Congrats Mikewof for stating the truth. The American Dream was for the poor and the downtrodden masses of the world to have a shot at a dignified and possibly prosperous life, and commit their loyalty (and, if needed, their service) to make their new homeland better for all.

Not a dream of "Fuck off if you're not rich  and white."

In Australia, left-wing governments failed to stop a flood of illegal immigrants, most of whom cost a lot of money to detain, process and repatriate. Not good.

Under the current right-wing government, we have a lot of illegal immigrants slowly going mad and suicidal in grim offshore detention pens. No journalists allowed, Medicins Sans Frontiers got booted out yesterday, children who desperately need proper medical care (ie in Australia) refused permission and left to die. Not good.

8 minutes ago, Happy said:

Congrats Mikewof for stating the truth. The American Dream was for the poor and the downtrodden masses of the world to have a shot at a dignified and possibly prosperous life, and commit their loyalty (and, if needed, their service) to make their new homeland better for all.

Not a dream of "Fuck off if you're not rich  and white."

In Australia, left-wing governments failed to stop a flood of illegal immigrants, most of whom cost a lot of money to detain, process and repatriate. Not good.

Under the current right-wing government, we have a lot of illegal immigrants slowly going mad and suicidal in grim offshore detention pens. No journalists allowed, Medicins Sans Frontiers got booted out yesterday, children who desperately need proper medical care (ie in Australia) refused permission and left to die. Not good.

Yeah, we need to do something about that. Election coming up. Take it over to the Oz pol thread :)

11 hours ago, Left Shift said:
13 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

in the early 90's I stayed at a friends family estate in nassau, north shore - 11 acres, 3 main houses, pool, double tennis court, around 1000' of waterfront, 150' dock.  he was paying just north of $100k per.  probably double that now.  when were you paying $300K?

and bus - up until about 15 - 20 years ago, waterfront land here wasn't all that expensive

3 hours ago, hermetic said:

in the early 90's I stayed at a friends family estate in nassau, north shore - 11 acres, 3 main houses, pool, double tennis court, around 1000' of waterfront, 150' dock.  he was paying just north of $100k per.  probably double that now.  when were you paying $300K?

and bus - up until about 15 - 20 years ago, waterfront land here wasn't all that expensive

But...back on the subject.  Apparently ICE has now admitted that some of the children they stole from their parents (who were properly applying for asylum, DO NOT FORGET), will never be re-united with their family and are being put up for adoption. 

We have a government by the assholes, for the assholes and of the assholes.  If I ever hear a republicunt brag about being the "Party of Lincoln" again, I will do my best to spit in his beer.  

On 10/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, mikewof said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, I don't know where it is written we are supposed to "provide a healthy life for those who can't find it elsewhere, for those who are in trouble, for those children and parents getting the shit beat out of them".  We started a fucking war because the fucking tax on tea was too damn high and we killed hessian soldiers in their fucking sleep on christmas no less.  The statue of liberty is the perfect example of leftism gone mental.  The word LIBERTY means freedom from government oppression.  You donate your hard earn money to saving the world's poor like Bill Gates?  Be my guest.  But when you want to tax the shit out of others to do this and force them to be compassionate at the end of a rifle (which is what all taxation inherently is), they I've got a bone to pick with you.  You want to force these people into my community and schools?  Fuck that.  That's not liberty.

The Emma Lazarus poem on the statue added much later:  'give us your tired,  your poor, etc etc' is the perfect example of this idea gone bankrupt.  

Also, I know were not allowed to dox anyone on this site, but I present you:  SloopJonB

BBj81rU.jpg

1 minute ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, I don't know where it is written we are supposed to "provide a healthy life for those who can't find it elsewhere, for those who are in trouble, for those children and parents getting the shit beat out of them".  We started a fucking war because the fucking tax on tea was too damn high and we killed hessian soldiers in their fucking sleep on christmas no less.  The statue of liberty is the perfect example of leftism gone mental.  The word LIBERTY means freedom from government oppression.  You donate your hard earn money to saving the world's poor like Bill Gates?  Be my guest.  But when you want to tax the shit out of others to do this and force them to be compassionate at the end of a rifle (which is what all taxation inherently is), they I've got a bone to pick with you.  You want to force these people into my community and schools?  Fuck that.  That's not liberty.

The Emma Lazarus poem on the statue added much later:  'give us your tired,  your poor, etc etc' is the perfect example of this idea gone bankrupt.  

Also, I know were not allowed to dox anyone on this site, but I present you:  SloopJonB

Your knowledge of history is fucked. We didn't "start a war because the fucking tax on tea was too damn high." The opposite! The British were LOWERING their tax on tea which then made U.S. produced tea unable to compete!

When you held your hand over your chest and you pledged allegiance, you promised liberty and justice for all. If you want a divorce for your bride, then do what you want, but don't begin to tell me that the USA doesn't stand for exactly what I wrote, because this country was built by the blood, sweat and tears of people who weren't born here.

If you don't want brown people in your "community and schools" then go somewhere where there are no brown people. But until then, history is ramming is fat shaft up your lilly-white arse, and if you can't deal with it, then do what the other entitled elitists have done, and move to an island nation that can secure borders with ruthless efficiency.

And for fuck sake, read a damn history book.

Just now, mikewof said:

Your knowledge of history is fucked. We didn't "start a war because the fucking tax on tea was too damn high." The opposite! The British were LOWERING their tax on tea which then made U.S. produced tea unable to compete!

When you held your hand over your chest and you pledged allegiance, you promised liberty and justice for all. If you want a divorce for your bride, then do what you want, but don't begin to tell me that the USA doesn't stand for exactly what I wrote, because this country was built by the blood, sweat and tears of people who weren't born here.

If you don't want brown people in your "community and schools" then go somewhere where there are no brown people. But until then, history is ramming is fat shaft up your lilly-white arse, and if you can't deal with it, then do what the other entitled elitists have done, and move to an island nation that can secure borders with ruthless efficiency.

And for fuck sake, read a damn history book.

see.

There you go.  Throwing the racism card at me.

1 hour ago, Barnacle Balls said:

see.

I'm just responding to what you wrote, apologies if I misconstrued ... "You want to force these people into my community and schools?  Fuck that. "

4 hours ago, mikewof said:
5 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

see.

I'm just responding to what you wrote, apologies if I misconstrued ... "You want to force these people into my community and schools?  Fuck that. "

If it's a free country, by what right do you keep them out? How about if the Indians take back your land, it'll save you that tax bill you're whining about.

Freedom isn't the right to fuck over other people.

-DSK

6 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Still more proof that you are a soulless cunt.

You can stop now - we get it.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

If it's a free country, by what right do you keep them out? How about if the Indians take back your land, it'll save you that tax bill you're whining about.

Freedom isn't the right to fuck over other people.

-DSK

I quoted that from BB, I don't want to keep them out, he does.

The whole idea of excluding immigration is a 1990s idea. The emerging reality in the global economy is that workers are the most valuable resource. Japan and Russia are hobbled as they move into the new economic warfare because they don't have the young populations to invest in emerging opportunities. And we would be in their same predicament of population inversion if not for millions of Latin Americans freeing up advanced opportunities for everyone else by doing established jobs. 

Except, y'know, instead of thanking them and welcoming them, we let guys like Jack and Barnacles throw them into prison. 

7 hours ago, mikewof said:

I quoted that from BB, I don't want to keep them out, he does.

The whole idea of excluding immigration is a 1990s idea. The emerging reality in the global economy is that workers are the most valuable resource. Japan and Russia are hobbled as they move into the new economic warfare because they don't have the young populations to invest in emerging opportunities. And we would be in their same predicament of population inversion if not for millions of Latin Americans freeing up advanced opportunities for everyone else by doing established jobs. 

Except, y'know, instead of thanking them and welcoming them, we let guys like Jack and Barnacles throw them into prison. 

I apologize for getting the quotes messed up. I was intending the question; "By what right do you keep them out" for Barnacles.

And we don't "let" them, it's unfortunate that a small number of manipulative politicians have seized power and carried out these policies. I guess you could say "we" let them because not enough of "us" care enough to vote regularly.

-DSK

On 10/10/2018 at 1:50 PM, Left Shift said:

BTW...My family paid $300,000/year in property taxes on Long Island*.  But that was for 14 acres on the northshore waterfront.

Holy fuck. I'll never bitch about my property taxes again. I'm only at $60K. Jeebus!

1 hour ago, austin1972 said:

Holy fuck. I'll never bitch about my property taxes again. I'm only at $60K. Jeebus!

Well your property probably has real value.  Our parcel was just an inflated suburban lot.  Had good views but mostly just a good address. 

All it would take to stop illegal immigration is fine the living shit out of anyone who employs one. End of story

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toad said:

All it would take to stop illegal immigration is fine the living shit out of anyone who employs one. End of story

I've thought that for years.  Perp-Walk the CEO of major corporations and the hiring will stop in a day.

Kind of a long story, but I'll try to shorten it......

I retired from Albertsons after 34 years.  My last position was pricing in the store.

A guy replaced me...he came from another store, with 12+ years with the company.

Shortly after I left, Albertsons bought Vons.  Part of the deal was that they had to sell off some of the stores that were a "monopoly" in the area.

Haagen bought some of the off-loaded stores, and part of that deal was if employees wanted to stay in that location, they had to apply to the new company.

In my store alone, including the guy that replaced me, 5 people weren't able to be hired in the U.S.  They lost their jobs because they should't have been hired in the first place.

Anyways, we've looked the other way for a long time.  Human lives are at stake.  We need to be kind to those that we allowed to break the law.

Agree fully, the point Im making is that the mouth breathers dont want to acknowledge the real cause which is the demand for cheap labour, particularly in unpleasant jobs. 

How many all American boys and girls aspire to being a fruit picker?

• Like 1

I drive past fields every day in Oxnard. (Not just a pretty name)  Those guys picking strawberries....bent down.......acres and acres......in 100 degree heat....damn.

But if you ask a "red-hat" about illegals they say Dems want illegal voters.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:20 PM, austin1972 said:

Holy fuck. I'll never bitch about my property taxes again. I'm only at $8k. Jeebus!

On 10/9/2018 at 3:33 PM, Barnacle Balls said:

You should talk to your city council. Property taxes usually go to pay for police, road maintenance, libraries, community centers, swimming pools and ice rinks, street lights AND schools. Sounds like you're getting ripped off.

So you object to paying for food and toiletries for kids that need these. Nice.

If you're paying $30,000 / year in just property taxes it does indeed sound like your kids don't really need school breakfasts or lunches. Try to imagine how it feels to be singled out as so poor that you have to get the crappy free school food because your parents can't provide for you. Try to imagine being hungry.

What evidence that "most" of these kids will become thugs and criminals? Most people don't, even if poorly educated. Most people want to live a decent life and earn a decent wage. Maybe you should reach out to these kids coming out of high school with sub-standard education and see if you can start a construction training program or apprentice ship system? Better than them being criminals, right?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zonker said:

Maybe you should reach out to these kids coming out of high school with sub-standard education and see if you can start a construction training program or apprentice ship system? Better than them being criminals, right?

I suspect he'll stick with "get offa my fuckin' lawn"