toddster

Brain Trust Calls The Cops on Whale

<facepalm>

Also in the category of "powerboaters suddenly confronted by nature:"

• Like 1

For both, there is no dumb a$$ vaccine.

We let these people vote...and drive next to us on the freeway...and , oh never fuckin' mind. If only those fuckin' whales and the fuckin' sunfish had done humanity a fuckin' favor, bro. (I honestly did not know any actual human being talked like that until I watched that second video, bro.)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, toddster said:

OK, so not sailors per se... obviously.

she needed a slap  ;-)  that's some funny shit

22 minutes ago, casc27 said:

We let these people vote...and drive next to us on the freeway...and , oh never fuckin' mind. If only those fuckin' whales and the fuckin' sunfish had done humanity a fuckin' favor, bro. (I honestly did not know any actual human being talked like that until I watched that second video, bro.)

They're from New Jersey, what do you expect?

• Like 1

We were in their living room and didn't realize it.  The whales were teaching their young to hunt using us

Wait, where have I heard that BS from?

• Like 1

What about the recording from a few years back of the j105 entering sf bay and getting a whale hung up between its keel and rudder. I recall the quote in response to the coast guard asking if the whale was hurt being, "I don't know but he looks pretty pissed off!"

1 hour ago, PirateDave said:

We were in their living room and didn't realize it.  The whales were teaching their young to hunt using us

Wait, where have I heard that BS from?

Packs of killer Humpbacks.

Kid on the Mula one has one hell of a vocabulary.

" let's fucking hook that shit and we'll be on the fucking news,  bro"

Probably from some kind of aristocratic family

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PirateDave said:

Yep..."The Aristocrats"

www.aristocratsjokes.com

• Like 1

I just kept hoping they'd turn the fucking camera around. Turn that shit around, bro. I gotta see who talks like that? We gotta help'm, Bro. I mean hook'm. Fuck. Lets just call the cops on'm. Fuck! I'm shakin'.

Whales are the largest animals on earth and while typically gentle, their sheer size deserves respect. A highly experienced whale rescuer died tragically last year in New Brunswick, Canada after being struck in the head after freeing an adult Right whale from a fishing net. 

https://torontosun.com/2017/07/12/new-brunswick-man-killed-by-whale-he-rescued/wcm/b7e8d5e3-665b-4c13-974b-ac01d7a73b3c

There are only 400 N. Atlantic Right whales left and the people who rescue them know it's a dire situation and every whale is so, so important. The N. Atlantic Right whale is also the second heaviest animal on the planet after the blue whale. Imagine a 200,000lb animal flopping around playfully. 

The sizes are hard to comprehend - from Wiki: Right whales can grow up to more than 18 m (59 ft) long with a highest-recorded length of 19.8 m (65 ft).[9] They weigh 100 short tons (91 t; 89 long tons) or more, reaching 20.7 m (68 ft) with 135,000 kg (298,000 lb) or 21.3 m (70 ft).

Oh... so painful. 

9 hours ago, casc27 said:

Worse than voting, they reproduce.

5 hours ago, PirateDave said:

More likely a red hat family

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ajax said:

People like that are not allowed in New Jersey.  I make no comment about the inability of someone to distinguish a Mass. accent from a "Joisey" accent.

2 hours ago, Big Show said:

a 200,000lb animal flopping around playfully. 

The sizes are hard to comprehend - from Wiki: Right whales can grow up to more than 18 m (59 ft) long with a highest-recorded length of 19.8 m (65 ft).[9] They weigh 100 short tons (91 t; 89 long tons) or more, reaching 20.7 m (68 ft) with 135,000 kg (298,000 lb) or 21.3 m (70 ft).

Think of a playful railroad locomotive.

Just by the by - Blue Whales are the largest creatures that ever lived. Bigger than any dino.

We should manage to completely exterminate the few remaining ones this century.

6 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

It's all the interference with Darwin's work that is responsible.

23 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

People like that are not allowed in New Jersey.  I make no comment about the inability of someone to distinguish a Mass. accent from a "Joisey" accent.

Ok,  you got me.  :)

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Ok,  you got me.  :)

A most civilized response sir. I commend you.

B)

Lucky for the whales the woman wasnt armed

1 hour ago, Funslut said:

You're right.  That whale is decidely NOT middle aged and white.  He deserved to be shot.

12 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Thought the dingers were confined to the WH.

Desperate Darwin Award candidates...only persons I wish to see win are all "Me Firsters" too! Screw 'em! Hope they win! 

16 hours ago, SpikeOwen said:

Tuna Bros. ( Or are they the Baby Whale Guys? ) 

I fuckin' bet they still don't fuckin' have any fuckin' idea what kind of fuckin' fish that was, bro. And he probably thinks it was the fuckin' fish that got his sorry fuckin' ass on T.V. (Bro, it was your fuckin' ridiculous fuckin' language.) But at least they has some T's made to commemorate their 15 minutes. Not that left-side bro could be bothered to cover up his flaccid physique with said T or take off his hat before appearing on national television while seated indoors.

(And I am very disappointed; I was trying for 10 f-bombs in this tirade but only managed 8. No Tuna bro shirt for me.) 

• Like 1

Funny!

Know no one from Joisy, but could be from the big Tuna's WH and seems more logical?

Oh god, they look like an even bigger trainwreck then they sound.

"Jimmy, what's up kid?"

When you get this low, and appear on national television dressed in your best clown outfit, suicide might be an attractive option.

Please !!!!  I'm begging you two !!!

I hate her.  Fucking dumbass.  

I wanted to yell at her to shut up through the screen.

You know the police dispatcher had her on speaker laughing their ass off with his/her buddies

40 minutes ago, Kack said:

I hate her.  Fucking dumbass.  

I wanted to yell at her to shut up through the screen.

You know the police dispatcher had her on speaker laughing their ass off with his/her buddies

+1 but I limit hate what she does and represents, you never know, she might have "big ones!" 

Send her to Japan or Saudi Arabia or the WH...nekkid...with mouth tapped.

1 hour ago, PirateDave said:

Oh god, they look like an even bigger trainwreck then they sound.

"Jimmy, what's up kid?"

When you get this low, and appear on national television dressed in your best clown outfit, suicide might be an attractive option.

Please !!!!  I'm begging you two !!!

Sir, your best clown outfit? I would have you know that Mikey's "clown outfit" is almost a cultural mandate among youthful males of a certain demographic and ethnicity.  Although I must admit that the shoulder straps on Mikey's shirt are wider than I remember back in Jersey.

For anyone  interested in pursuing the history and culture of Mikey's shirt I direct your attention to the following:

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/how-the-wife-beater-tank-top-became-a-marker-of-class-ethnicity-and-domestic-abuse-2

On 10/11/2018 at 10:16 AM, Ajax said:

Aren't you from Florida?

:D

35 minutes ago, ROADKILL666 said:

WHAT EXIT IS SHE FROM?

Do they have exits in the Pacific NW?

32 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Do they have exits in the Pacific NW?

Peace Arch and Portland.   Parking lot is JBLM to Everett to permit you to post in SA leisurely.

Plenty of boat launch spots, BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE SCARY WHALES!  

And butterflies...  those things are murderous.

4 minutes ago, Windward said:

Peace Arch and Portland.   Parking lot is JBLM to Everett to permit you to post in SA leisurely.

Plenty of boat launch spots, BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE SCARY WHALES!  

And butterflies...  those things are murderous.

I'll see you your murderous butterflies and raise you one swarm of Meadowlands bred Jersey mosquitoes.

:(

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

I'll see you your murderous butterflies and raise you one swarm of Meadowlands bred Jersey mosquitoes.

:(

ARE THEY THE ONES WITH TAIL NUMBERS?

10 minutes ago, ROADKILL666 said:

ARE THEY THE ONES WITH TAIL NUMBERS?

Those are the ones.  And landing lights, don't forget the landing lights. 

In Puget Sound, and Canadian accents?????

Dad could've carried himself bit more like an adult, projecting a "Be cool, I got this, meanwhile experience this unique occasion " demeanor, instead of acting like an excited teenager. That being said, mom should hand in her phone until she doesn't freak out at every incident. Self-restraint seems to be an issue in that family.

Where would we be without our schools and their wondrous curriculums.    The population is so learned  that we no longer need wars to purge the detritus.

9 minutes ago, Plausible said:

Where would we be without our schools and their wondrous curriculums.    The population is so learned  that we no longer need wars to purge the detritus.

Garbage in - Garbage out.

That stupid fucking bitch.

I don't give a toss that she called 911, she nearly killed/severely maimed those fuckin 'wheels' with the repeatedly trying to tun the engine on when they're under the boat, fuck her :angry:

The other clowns appear to have successfully chopped up the sunfish a bit, its got some chunks missing right near the end. (alternatively some other fuck already ran it over)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hoom said:

That stupid fucking bitch.

I don't give a toss that she called 911, she nearly killed/severely maimed those fuckin 'wheels' with the repeatedly trying to tun the engine on when they're under the boat, fuck her :angry:

Why do you think it was the woman trying to turn the engine on? At about 22 seconds there's a man saying "Frank, start the motor", then again at about 35 seconds "we're getting out of here",  then again at 52 seconds, then at 1:03 "let's get out of here" and so on. Then at around 1:20 while the woman is still on the phone the guy is saying "drive away, drive away right now". Toward the end the woman also says "drive away" while the guy is yelling "drive away faster".

But hey, let's hang shit on the woman, it must be her fault, right?

Frankly, I think she had the right idea. She felt threatened, so told someone where they were and that they may be in trouble. Better to have made the call and nothing come of it than be trying to make the call with a drowned phone while clinging to a capsized boat.

There are far more bad outcomes from people not reporting early than from those that do.

1 hour ago, RobG said:

Why do you think it was the woman trying to turn the engine on? At about 22 seconds there's a man saying "Frank, start the motor",

Yes you're right :o just listened again & they did say that.

The way I interpreted it when I first heard it was that it was the lady on the engine & background was kids -> yes fuck the guy on the engine, he nearly killed/severely maimed those whales.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:02 PM, jerseyguy said:

On 10/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, SloopJonB said:

More likely a red hat family

On 10/12/2018 at 2:19 AM, Funslut said:

If you listen to the accent.... they're Canadians.... Just sayin 

12 hours ago, hoom said:

Yes you're right :o just listened again & they did say that.

The way I interpreted it when I first heard it was that it was the lady on the engine & background was kids -> yes fuck the guy on the engine, he nearly killed/severely maimed those whales.

That's OK, I didn't mean to single you out.

I was more pissed at the usual SA anti–female message transmitted through it's front page articles:

1. One boat T bones another, clearly full of males, and the comment is "I guess that won’t buff out so quickly
  2. A woman calls 911 because she's quite rightly concerned by a whale immediately under the boat and the comment is "…this woman is why we hate most people."

Apparently the editors can't see an issue with that.

4 hours ago, Baldur said:

If you listen to the accent.... they're Canadians.... Just sayin 

You can tell the difference between a Blaine and a White Rock accent?

Not! What's the difference? (BTW, "Canadian" to some does not mean someone from Canada!)

Ok I'll bite, if being Canadian isnt someone from Canada , whats it mean? Im actually curious not looking to start something.

1 hour ago, crankcall said:

Ok I'll bite, if being Canadian isnt someone from Canada , whats it mean? Im actually curious not looking to start something.

Okay, though off topic!

If in Chicago, "code" for black people..., and used by whites living on the perimeter of Southside who refer more to "attitudinal" gangbanger black people, pushers and bullies! FWIW. 

I totally would’ve called the cops too. She did the right thing.  Whales oughta be banned!!!  Or at least fenced off from boaters just trying to have some fun on their limited weekend time off!

15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You can tell the difference between a Blaine and a White Rock accent?

Thats easy, just because you can see one from the other doesn't mean they don't have a different accent.

Accent is not measured in miles. (Or KM's for htat matter)

And FYI, when I say Canadian, I do mean someone from Canada.

I've noticed if you are from Toronto I cant detect any accent. But if you are from BC, Saskatchewan or Alberta I can nail it well over 50% which province your from. The Maritimes are an easy one.

4 hours ago, Baldur said:

I've noticed if you are from Toronto I cant detect any accent. But if you are from BC, Saskatchewan or Alberta I can nail it well over 50% which province your from. The Maritimes are an easy one.

You have a very finely tuned ear.

23 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I totally would’ve called the cops too. She did the right thing.  Whales oughta be banned!!!  Or at least fenced off from boaters just trying to have some fun on their limited weekend time off!

Excellento. Cracked me up! And, while we're at it extend the fence to Baja?

Dig. It's the fargin water buffs...

But then I get it wrong sometimes..spilt my cafe!

ruint.png

On 10/15/2018 at 6:27 PM, SloopJonB said:

You have a very finely tuned ear.

My ex, from Victoria, didn't believe me either. I couldn't believe she couldn't hear when ppl sounded just like her. But I proved it to her over and over in bars, and public places in HK, Washington, Cali, Arizona, and even Mexico. Would ask her if she thought those guys were canadian, maybe even put in alberta or bc. In the beginning she would say, yeah right. Pretty soon she would just know I was right. 

Now, I dont believe I can hear the accent in every Canadian, no matter where they may be from, some of you I cant detect. And I'm always surprised when someone says they are from Toronto, because I havent detected anything.

I grew up in Whatcom County. My step mother is Canadian. Vancouver has always been my home away from home. So think its more a matter of exposure and paying attention.

Nope - you have a special ear - like a skilled musician.

I used to have extremely acute hearing - I could literally hear a dog whistle - but I could not do what you describe.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:21 AM, BobBill said:

ruint.png

My guess is that everyone here got it wrong. :D

Look at the bright side, those whales were black and the cops didn't turn up and shoot them, race relations are at an all time high.

Now, having THIS kind of whale encounter might scare the poop out of some folks.  (Posted by a guy in a kayak who built a skin-on-frame Cape Falcon Kayaks boat.   Not that it matters the boat’s construction - being in this situation in *any* kind of kayak would be, well, “thought-provoking” :-) )

2 minutes ago, toad said:

Look at the bright side, those whales were black and the cops didn't turn up and shoot them, race relations are at an all time high.

Toad, that ain't the dreaded PC and, therefore, fun...

I have a couple friends from Toronto, or maybe Montreal, they say certain words in a certain way...might be "aboot" instead of "about" with phrasing, but did not pick that up with my acute hearing aids

1 minute ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Now having THIS kind of whale encounter might scare the poop out of some folks.  (Posted by a guy in a kayak who built a skin-on-frame Cape Falcon Kayaks boat.   Not that it matters the boat’s construction - being in this situation in *any* kind of kayak would be, well, “thought-provoking” :-) )

"Thought provoking?" Not "kayak filling?" Great pic...in any case.

10 minutes ago, BobBill said:

"Thought provoking?" Not "kayak filling?" Great pic...in any case.

“Thought-provoking” is a great euphemism I read once - like if you’re rock climbing, there’s hundreds of feet of air below you, you need to make a move that’s tricky and then place gear (protection), you’re scared, but can’t afford to be - it’s, instead, a thoughtoprovoking situation :-)

BTW that’s a short vid clip not a pic.  Whales suddenly pop up...

This is thought provoking kayak filling unction...just humor...

I do camera and I honestly don't know if I have the gones to get that close to a "feeding" anything, even frogs and a muttly I know very well.

Hot Curry.jpg

14 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

“Thought-provoking” is a great euphemism I read once - like if you’re rock climbing, there’s hundreds of feet of air below you, you need to make a move that’s tricky and then place gear (protection), you’re scared, but can’t afford to be - it’s, instead, a thoughtoprovoking situation :-)

BTW that’s a short vid clip not a pic.  Whales suddenly pop up...

Dig re the pic being a grab from a vid.

Egad! What if you paddled or sailed yourself midst a feeding pod? Jonah time?

On 10/17/2018 at 12:12 PM, Baldur said:

My ex, from Victoria, didn't believe me either. I couldn't believe she couldn't hear when ppl sounded just like her. But I proved it to her over and over in bars, and public places in HK, Washington, Cali, Arizona, and even Mexico. Would ask her if she thought those guys were canadian, maybe even put in alberta or bc. In the beginning she would say, yeah right. Pretty soon she would just know I was right. 

Now, I dont believe I can hear the accent in every Canadian, no matter where they may be from, some of you I cant detect. And I'm always surprised when someone says they are from Toronto, because I havent detected anything.

I grew up in Whatcom County. My step mother is Canadian. Vancouver has always been my home away from home. So think its more a matter of exposure and paying attention.

how fucking hard is it?  every fucking sentence ends in....... eh!