Sign in to follow this  
Mid

Buy a Lottery Ticket ?

lottery.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mid said:

lottery.jpg

trunk base rotted from piling dirt above the natural level....

5 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

trunk base rotted from piling dirt above the natural level....

Finally got to the root of the problem......    from experience, you can add dirt but only a couple inches per year and still run the risk of killing/damaging the tree.  During a tornado had a huge pine tree crush the wife's car, my new pickup got one tiny crease in the rear corner of bed.:)  Car roof was on the front seats.  Pretty impressive.  I cut the tree on both sides of car and was towed with trunk still embedded. 

10 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Finally got to the root of the problem......    from experience, you can add dirt but only a couple inches per year and still run the risk of killing/damaging the tree.  During a tornado had a huge pine tree crush the wife's car, my new pickup got one tiny crease in the rear corner of bed.:)  Car roof was on the front seats.  Pretty impressive.  I cut the tree on both sides of car and was towed with trunk still embedded. 

that should only be  1/4" of soil, maybe couple inches of loose mulch...  don't plant trees with the crown below ground level.. it will never be happy..  what sbho said..

• Like 1