Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Old meets New

Ok, I think it's the J-Boat Endeavoer, & the new Baltic 45M yacht at anchor at anchor in Porto Rotondo Italy....I Hope..

Damn that was quick...I knew it for once too. Saw Hasso's toy floating about on Saturday while we were racing.

Endeavor on left, J Boat On right Sojana 115 ft, they are both in Newport Harbor.

The J Endeavour and Hasso Plattner's Baltic 147 Visione in Newport RI.

Correct. Nice to slip by them every week ... ah how the other 2% live!

bollox, was visione and endevour. saw the massive sloop with hasso's favourite morning glory paint scheme in the vineyard couple weeks ago. this is in newport though. endevour is in edgartown now, visione was 2 weeks ago. obviously beaten to the punch.

Looks like the approach to City Dock in Annapolis, MD to me.....spent many a night there prior to Governor's Cup. :)

-john

Annapolis Boat Show, 1998. City Dock, ......

Edeavour a J Boat, and Hasso Plattners Cruising Yacht Vissione...now send that west coast gear to Newport RI baby where this pic was taken! And for the other responses city dock in Annapolis come on? Baltic 45, then what is the blue boat a f'n J/44? Thanks -wasabi

Endeavour and Plattner's Visione. LOAs of 130' and 147' repectively. Looking at

Visione from my office, the J is on charter. At the Newport Shipyard.

First one to identify who what and where from this photo from today's front page wins!

J boat Endeavour and one of Harro Plattner's Morning Glory at the Kiel Sailing Week, Kiel, Germany

Looks like the approach to City Dock in Annapolis, MD to me.....spent many a night there prior to Governor's Cup. :)

-john

If that's City Dock, where's the Naval Academy?

What going on with Endeavor besides chartering. I know it was owned by the one time CEO of Tyco. Who has been in some trouble with the law. Will they ever races her again?

If that's City Dock, where's the Naval Academy?

:o ok, I stand corrected on the location, and agree with Goat Island. (don't ask me what I was thinking)

This is the second trip to Newport for Visione. The first time was two years to do warranty work on the mast. Once at Newport Shipyard, the mast was unstepped at sent up the bay to Bristol via barge cuz the stick wouldn't fit under the Pell Bridge.

What going on with Endeavor besides chartering. I know it was owned by the one time CEO of Tyco. Who has been in some trouble with the law. Will they ever races her again?

It's up in the air right now.

OK, Scot, we're getting tired of waiting. Where's my hat?

I think the team generally agrees with me that:

A: It's Hasso's Visione, not one of Doug Lord's weird pondcraft with their dubious (but patented) appendages.

B: It's Newport RI, not Murmansk, or your own homeport of North Tijuana either.

C: The J in question is Endeavour, not Shamrock (wrong cove stripe and jumpers) or Velsheda (wrong deckhouses and winches). And it's not HWSNBN's Murrelet for that matter, either. Unless he's painted it blue.

C'mon. Front up, mate.