F_L

J27 class site

3 hours ago, F_L said:

Anyone know of a site with more activity than this one? https://sites.google.com/view/j27-sailboat-class-site/home It looks like I may be parting out a really sad J27 and need to find a home for all the pieces.

Scroll down:

I think the prior webmaster cut and pasted what was on the old website to the fresher one.   I doubt much has changed since June.

- Stumbling

OK, Thanks.

SA might be the best contact point for people looking for J27 parts. Hell, I might have to buy an ad.

FL

I have heard there is another site, is/was somewhat sponsored by J Boats that is more an owners site: www.jowners.org   As I am not an owner, have not been there.

- Stumbling

Thanks everyone,
With only ~200 boats built it's hard to find a critical mass of J27 owners.

I have a  J27 and think it's the best of the old school J's. I got "salvage rights" on another almost sunk J27 but  repairs will exceed it's value. Hence the need to find a market for the spars, pulpits, etc. I really hate to cut this boat up but maybe it's parts can keep another 27 on the water.

Note that my old Nut Case web site for J27 #150 is back up and running in a new location. http://www.hoytsailing.com/J27Web/Index.html

The Projects page documents the initial process of re-coring the deck in several places and may be of interest.  This was one of the links on the wiki page.

Mike

Persistence, 1987 Frers 33 #16

www.hoytsailing.com

• Like 1