Blue Crab

Tattoos, Smoking and "Class"

20 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Sorry to be the one to break it to you but tasteful and tat's are mutually exclusive.

Old people are so cute

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Term Limits! said:

Wot he said. You guys are bullshitting yourselves about how cool you are: res ipsa loquitor. 

What is "class" really.  In some circles I'm a piece of shit (no really I am) because of my tattoos, but in other company I am one classy motherfucker because I don't have hand, face, or neck tats. Like everything in life it's all relative. And btw I'm as cool as a fan so go fuck yourselves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alcatraz5768 said:

What is "class" really. 

Good taste and sophistication.

10 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

4edba2080f52e43250fc0c11ecb43999.jpg

I'm not a fan of tats on women (or men) but Christina Ricci can pull off just about anything in my book.

1 hour ago, IStream said:
11 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

I'm not a fan of tats on women (or men) but Christina Ricci can pull off just about anything in my book

Our you thicking ist goode taste or taste goode?                                                       :)

4 hours ago, Alcatraz5768 said:

What is "class" really.  In some circles I'm a piece of shit (no really I am) because of my tattoos, but in other company I am one classy motherfucker because I don't have hand, face, or neck tats. Like everything in life it's all relative. And btw I'm as cool as a fan so go fuck yourselves. 

Fans generate heat.  The people downstream of them are, in comparison, cool. 

I'm sure you are proud of your tattoos and that they are the height of tastefulness and sophistication in certain circles.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Our you thicking ist goode taste or taste goode?                                                       :)

Yes.

4 hours ago, IStream said:

I'm not a fan of tats on women (or men) but Christina Ricci can pull off just about anything in my book.

Butt NOT "those" Tat's

say what you will

Ya you'ed hit that

but only w a splugi on a cellphone scream

I don't care for Tat's

sum are a Pure WORK of ART

her'z are shit !!!

8 hours ago, Left Shift said:

I'm sure you are proud of your tattoos and that they are the height of tastefulness and sophistication in certain circles.  

Yep I am proud of them. Thanks 

8 hours ago, Left Shift said:

I regert starting this thread in the sense that some took it so personally. 4 pages later, I now realize there are two quite different types of tattoos. There are the tasteful, classy ones like Adam Levine and other stars, and the other kind displayed by bartenders, waitresses, and short order cooks.

I stand corrected but wonder how you tell the cool kids from the trailer trash?

3 hours ago, Term Limits! said:

I regert starting this thread in the sense that some took it so personally. 4 pages later, I now realize there are two quite different types of tattoos. There are the tasteful, classy ones like Adam Levine and other stars, and the other kind displayed by bartenders, waitresses, and short order cooks.

Usually talking to them for 5 minutes or so will tell you all that you need to know. 

Oh wait, people don't talk much face to face nowadays.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Term Limits! said:

You can't - that's the whole point.

On 2/23/2019 at 4:28 PM, Term Limits! said:

There are the tasteful, classy ones like Adam Levine and other stars, and the other kind displayed by bartenders, waitresses, and short order cooks and professional athletes.

FIFY.  

The trend these days for the tats that pros are getting more and more scream trailer/ghetto trash.  

Saw a young guy with his PA area code on his arm. Turned out he was totally outdone by Adam Levine's big "California" on his abdomen. 

I'm just not seeing the coolness.

38 minutes ago, Term Limits! said:

Saw a young guy with his PA area code on his arm. Turned out he was totally outdone by Adam Levine's big "California" on his abdomen. 

I'm just not seeing the coolness.

Who the fuck is Adam Levine???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Who the fuck is Adam Levine???

I spitte oute my tea withe that oune.........           :)

17 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I spitte oute my tea withe that oune.........           :)

Me too.

Don't bother googling Jeff. You're better off not knowing.

1 hour ago, Term Limits! said:

Me too.

Don't bother googling Jeff. You're better off not knowing.

Thanks for the heads up.....I'll skip it as well then............

Good call. Guy's in great shape now but at 50 that California tat is going to look a lot different.

52 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Thanks for the heads up.....I'll skip it as well then............

One of us is gonna have to look, I’ve no clue either. 

1 hour ago, mad said:

One of us is gonna have to look, I’ve no clue either. 

Not me!! You do it. I dare ya..............

He needs more chains around his neck. Maybe a dog collar.....

Well....to each his own I suppose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

It notte realley a bigge dealle guyes..............

04-adam-levine-tattoos.w700.h700.jpg

:)

3 hours ago, Point Break said:

Not me!! You do it. I dare ya..............

And I still have no idea who he is.....fuck! I’m starting to sound like you lot and I’m not even that old! :lol:

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

It notte realley a bigge dealle guyes..............

04-adam-levine-tattoos.w700.h700.jpg

:)

Now that is classy.

True art.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:08 PM, DA-WOODY said:

Is that a Tat for Tit or a Tit for Tat?

Swallows or Spits?

4 minutes ago, vibroman said:

Is that a Tat for Tit or a Tit for Tat?

Swallows or Spits?

A bird in your hand is worth two in the bush?

33 minutes ago, mad said:

And I still have no idea who he is.....fuck! I’m starting to sound like you lot and I’m not even that old! :lol:

Singere in Maroone 5, oune of foure hoestes on TV showe 'The Voice', juste delivered lameste supere bowle halfetime showe.  Hese an Amricane fanomina, nobodey ealses problem                     :)

40 minutes ago, mad said:

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Singere in Maroone 5, oune of foure hoestes on TV showe 'The Voice', juste delivered lameste supere bowle halfetime showe.  Hese an Amricane fanomina, nobodey ealses problem                     :)

That explains it. I don't know who/have never listened to moron 5, I have never watched "The Voice", and I always skip the half time show (a man has to pee and replenish snacks sometime!!)

So if he doesn't sail, surf, hike, dive, do woodworking, or - as of late, play pickleball - clearly Mr Levine and I have sufficiently different interests.....................that we are unlikely to run into each other...........

I'm good.........

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Nope, you definitely got me with that one Snags. 

Edit, 

PB just saved me typing any more. :P

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 6:08 PM, Point Break said:

That explains it. I don't know who/have never listened to moron 5, I have never watched "The Voice", and I always skip the half time show (a man has to pee and replenish snacks sometime!!)

So if he doesn't sail, surf, hike, dive, do woodworking, or - as of late, play pickleball - clearly Mr Levine and I have sufficiently different interests.....................that we are unlikely to run into each other...........

I'm good.........

I'm good also, never watched any of that shit, or listened to that shit, very happy with The Rippingtons and smooth jazz......

is it a requirement that when a fla girl turns 18, she must get at least three tats?    not something simple like a rose or such , full on  leg or arm sleeves, half way up their sides...

19 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

is it a requirement that when a fla girl turns 18, she must get at least three tats?    not something simple like a rose or such , full on  leg or arm sleeves, half way up their sides...

I know.... it's getting to the point that you can't find a decent prostitute under the age of 40 who isn't covered in tats.  Yuck!

23 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I know.... it's getting to the point that you can't find a decent prostitute under the age of 40 who isn't covered in tats.  Yuck!

First world problem there Jeff! :lol:

On 5/4/2019 at 4:43 PM, mad said:
On 5/4/2019 at 4:19 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

First world problem there Jeff! :lol:

So I've been told.

that's one dumb thread....  

On 2/26/2019 at 12:04 PM, Blue Crab said:

Good call. Guy's in great shape now but at 50 that California tat is going to look a lot different.

Projecting much?  I have a feeling Levine will be shredded in his casket.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:19 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

there were quite a few around jax beach who were quite healthy,  just in a neon bill board way..   they should just post rates on one of their shoulders,  it would make the process so much easier and less embarrassing

4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

there were quite a few around jax beach who were quite healthy,  just in a neon bill board way..   they should just post rates on one of their shoulders,  it would make the process so much easier and less embarrassing

They don't want to post rates.  Rates are always negotiable for that type of.... Service. 

Dear Body Art Professionals,

Good afternoon,

The FDA is alerting consumers, tattoo artists, and retailers of the potential for serious injury from use of tattoo inks that are contaminated with bacteria. As you know, tattoo inks contaminated with microorganisms can cause infections and lead to serious health injuries when injected into the skin during a tattooing procedure, since there is an increased risk of infection any time the skin barrier is broken.

The following tattoo inks have been recalled because they are contaminated with microorganisms:

• Scalpaink SC, Scalpaink PA, and Scalpaink AL basic black tattoo inks manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics (all lots)
  • Dynamic Color - Black tattoo ink manufactured by Dynamic Color Inc  (lots 12024090 and 12026090)
  • Solid Ink-Diablo (red) tattoo ink manufactured by Color Art Inc. (dba Solid Ink) (dba Antone's Ink) (lot 10.19.18)

On 12/9/2018 at 3:56 PM, Point Break said:

Oh heck Crab you didn’t push my button.....I hardly have any buttons anymore. :lol: I have no problem with folks who have different views than I do.....I guess a lot depends on my impression of the motivation and certainly the presentation. I have no issue with how you presented this. I just disagree. 

Kennedy’s is a butterfly.....Edison had 5 dots meaning - we don’t know but he did invent the first version of the electric tattoo pen - go figure.....and Churchill had an anchor on his forearm. My Pop had Mom’s name on his forearm, one of my sons has the tree of life on his calf, a daughter has my pops name on her hip with an RIP...they were very close. If it’s a matter of the amount of ink.....as I mentioned, one of my firefighters has a lot of ink..much of it in homage to his heritage. Sure, some dirtbags have a lot of ink...but some stellar folks also have a lot of ink. I think it’s a false correlation. 

Anyway, I understand the tendency to associate those behaviors with ink...but I think it’s a false association. BTW - I have no ink.....

Kara Kennedy had a little blue sailing ship down near her ankle. I forget which leg.

3 hours ago, Crump's Brother said:

Dolphins, she doesn't really even like them.  I call them catfish now.

And there in a nutshell we have the downside of tats.

Well... when you get old, you look like shit anyway, so the ink spreading won’t make any difference there.

And these days, there are laser removal options, or just have something else inked over the ink you don’t like.

if you don’t believe in having a tattoo, then don’t. Why do you care about someone else’s choice?

• Like 3

Because I have to look at the fuckin' trashy things - all day every day these days.

I can't begin to count the number of beautiful girls I have seen spoiled by tats.

And not everyone looks like shit when they get old.

Retirement age.

image.png.fceab82bf0c0381c977d8a5fa5e8bf7a.png

Think she would be improved by having a screaming chicken on her chest?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Sez the "sailor" with an M26. :)

What's wrong with the M26?    I sez it's a pretty fuckin' decent boat!  :)

_MG_4056.thumb.jpg.b0cf4966e3b9a6a2b4ba8d87628a2649.jpg

12 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Retirement age.

I get tired of looking at ugly people whether inked or not but there ain’t a damn thing I can do about ugly motherfuckers.... except not shop at Walmart.

My wife is sick shitless of seeing fat, beer bellied, hairy, ugly men go shirtless. But society allows that and shames fat women. WTF.

As for your example, only them what can afford quality plastic surgeons look like your example when they get old. Which is damned few. Wonder how good she looks up close, even so... 

Regardless, my point stands: aint NOMB. And speaking of DILLIGAF... and beauty...

37C088B7-6CE6-4383-B9F8-2166AE9CFF2A.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, M26 said:

What's wrong with the M26?    I sez it's a pretty fuckin' decent boat!  :)

I was going for the chuckle. Apologies. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I was going for the chuckle. Apologies. 

All good! 

13 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

I get tired of looking at ugly people whether inked or not but there ain’t a damn thing I can do about ugly motherfuckers.... except not shop at Walmart.

My wife is sick shitless of seeing fat, beer bellied, hairy, ugly men go shirtless. But society allows that and shames fat women. WTF.

Ugly people don't do it deliberately. Tats are a self inflicted wound.

As to your second line - couldn't agree more. It should be illegal. My wife always says "put a shirt on" when she sees one - sometimes loud enough for them to hear. :D

On 5/17/2019 at 2:51 AM, SloopJonB said:

Because I have to look at the fuckin' trashy things - all day every day these days.

I can't begin to count the number of beautiful girls I have seen spoiled by tats.

Retirement age.

DING DING DING!!!!

23 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Regardless, my point stands: aint NOMB. And speaking of DILLIGAF... and beauty...

Ick!  She looks like she's been out playing in the muddy dirt after a hard rain and hasn't bothered to take a shower.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:30 AM, Max Rockatansky said:

As for your example, only them what can afford quality plastic surgeons look like your example when they get old. Which is damned few. Wonder how good she looks up close, even so... 

Young and dumb decisions about what is cool have seriously limited this gal's choices in life. Let's hope she's an entertainer or independently wealthy. Otherwise, her die has been cast. Pardon the modest pun.

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Ick!  She looks like she's been out playing in the muddy dirt after a hard rain and hasn't bothered to take a shower.

Yeah, she's hot!!!!!!    :wub:

• Like 1

A real charmer!

image.thumb.png.2047c106ecfb8443c8d6d90d35375b58.png

Image result for women with stomach tattoos

With a net worth of $14,000,000 U don't think she cares what we think about her.

Kat Von D net worth: Kat Von D is a Mexican-born, Argentinian-American reality television star, entrepreneur and tattoo artist who has a net worth of $14 million. Kat Von D is best known for being the star of the reality television stars of the TLC series Miami Ink, and her own TLC reality series, LA Ink. Born Katherine Drachenberg, Kat Von D got her first tattoo at 14, quitting school at 16 to become a tattoo artist. Von D was influenced by the prominent Latino culture of Los Angeles when drawing tattoos in her art and style. Kat Von D published a book of her artworks and tattoos called High Voltage Tattoo, released in January 2009

Kat VD's fans ^^ just goes to show that PT Barnum's proclamation that "a sucker is born every minute" is absolutely true.  

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Why?

Because she's an attention whore.  As evadent.  

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Kat VD's fans ^^ just goes to show that PT Barnum's proclamation that "a sucker is born every minute" is absolutely true.  

There's actually two born every minute and I have proof.

On 5/18/2019 at 7:13 AM, Blue Crab said:

Young and dumb decisions about what is cool have seriously limited this gal's choices in life. Let's hope she's an entertainer or independently wealthy. Otherwise, her die has been cast. Pardon the modest pun.

The best she can do is middle class oh well 

Kat Von D's Net Worth

Kat Von D’s net worth is $10 million, as of 2018, as per the Celebrity Net Worth. She has earned a huge amount of money from her career. She is known best for her work as a tattoo artist on the TLC reality television show LA Ink.

https://articlebio.com/kat-von-d

Ms Drachenberg is well-off BECAUSE of tattoos. I first saw her on the tv show, and her work is just gorgeous, and she was considered a maven in the field. After the tv shows, she has branched out into branding makeup. That lil gal is fairly bright, it appears to me, and I say good for her

6666AF7C-8851-4BAB-9570-1474C53A5088.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

There's actually two born every minute and I have proof.

What?  you and your twin brother?

No - I'm a lefty, wuss fool, not a sucker.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

No - I'm a lefty, wuss fool, not a sucker.

A distinction without a difference.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, Rasputin22 said:

A real charmer!

image.thumb.png.2047c106ecfb8443c8d6d90d35375b58.png

With a net worth of $14,000,000 U don't think she cares what we think about her.

Kat Von D net worth: Kat Von D is a Mexican-born, Argentinian-American reality television star, entrepreneur and tattoo artist who has a net worth of $14 million. Kat Von D is best known for being the star of the reality television stars of the TLC series Miami Ink, and her own TLC reality series, LA Ink. Born Katherine Drachenberg, Kat Von D got her first tattoo at 14, quitting school at 16 to become a tattoo artist. Von D was influenced by the prominent Latino culture of Los Angeles when drawing tattoos in her art and style. Kat Von D published a book of her artworks and tattoos called High Voltage Tattoo, released in January 2009

Each to their own, but that does absolutely nothing for me at all. 

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

A distinction without a difference.

It's enough to be able to see through you and your elk.

Although I admit that is no great accomplishment.

I think some folk equate having money with class. Hollywood suggests otherwise. Nor did you have to come over on the Mayflower.

24 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I think some folk equate having money with class. Hollywood suggests otherwise. 

Hollywood?

lost-at-e-minor-trump-minimalism-805x427

• Like 1

I'm actually quite partial to tattoos. If you've done an Ironman for example or happen to have a very creative, original, funny idea... It's up to you. As for smoking, Marlboro and BAT have to give Ferrari and McLaren their $$$$ sooooo yeah. It's also an amazing business concept. To create a product with insanely low barriers to entry that customers (like insurance) will most likely be forced to buy again and again. The fact that PMI still makes 80 billion a year with no advertising and not even being able to put their logo on packets in the EU speaks for itself really. In fact, why doesn't sailing anarchy create its own brand, we could fund an AC team :D

33 minutes ago, Raptorsailor said:

I've seen transit vans in Birmingham with more class than this lot. 

Oh, c'mon; there's nothing more classy than fake gold paint on a fake Louis XIV chair

At least it's not a real lion. And according to some of you idiots, at least it's not paint on your skin!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Oh, c'mon; there's nothing more classy than fake gold paint on a fake Louis XIV chair

At least it's not a real lion. And according to some of you idiots, at least it's not paint on your skin!

Fukin A!

9 hours ago, Raptorsailor said:

I've seen transit vans in Birmingham with more class than this lot. 

Best description of Trump was that he was a poor persons idea of a rich person.

Giving his son toy limos speaks volumes. Any normal boy wants trucks & race cars but Trump gives him limos. :rolleyes: