Mid

Migrant Caravan

Recommended Posts

“I think uneven immigration laws are a problem for any country,” another independent voter told Doocy when asked about immigration laws in the US. “And I think our immigration laws need to be modernized and updated. But this country is founded on immigration. And all of us come from immigrants.”

“There’s a humanitarian crisis taking place in Central America. And yet, this issue gets turned into a complete political football. There’s very little honest discussion about what’s actually happening, it gets turned into talking points,” another independent voter told Doocy.

https://hillreporter.com/epic-fail-migrant-caravan-fearmongering-on-fox-news-11167

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's solution? Cut funding for the countries they are fleeing. YCMTSU.  Now cutting military funding? oh, wait we don't do that.  Current policy is being formulated by the new guy Dick Tater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all those minor Saudi princes marching north, hidden in the marching crowd that has my hair on FIRE!  Word is they have been taking classes for months in influencing mob behavior from Democratic Operatives, and once on American soil will be attacking Starbucks using fake prepaid credit cards, mixed in a crowd of Hondurans using THE SAME CARDS.   Once this leads to mass confusion, Waffle Houses will be next-  imagine, 12,000 Saudi special force trained princes attacking Waffle House parking lots-  by the time law enforcement realizes the severity of the situation, and this could take 48 hours or more, the Princes will have melted into the population, harvesting crops under the radar, ready to attack journalists at Trump’s command!  They will then board protected flights, and be whisked safely and quietly back to Mecca, with checks from thecUS government of $250,000 or MORE, while the 100,000 original Hondurans will be sent back to rejoin their gangs, with checks of more than $1,000,000.  Especially that now 4 year old.  Especially the kid...... :ph34r:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amati said:

It’s all those minor Saudi princes marching north, hidden in the marching crowd that has my hair on FIRE!  Word is they have been taking classes for months in influencing mob behavior from Democratic Operatives, and once on American soil will be attacking Starbucks using fake prepaid credit cards, mixed in a crowd of Hondurans using THE SAME CARDS.   Once this leads to mass confusion, Waffle Houses will be next-  imagine, 12,000 Saudi special force trained princes attacking Waffle House parking lots-  by the time law enforcement realizes the severity of the situation, and this could take 48 hours or more, the Princes will have melted into the population, harvesting crops under the radar, ready to attack journalists at Trump’s command!  They will then board protected flights, and be whisked safely and quietly back to Mecca, with checks from thecUS government of $250,000 or MORE, while the 100,000 original Hondurans will be sent back to rejoin their gangs, with checks of more than $1,000,000.  Especially that now 4 year old.  Especially the kid...... :ph34r:

 

:D

Sadly, separating sarcasm and satire from truth, requires a certain level of intelligence ...don't do it again or we'll be suffering any number of threads from Jack et al quoting anonymous sources that tell us that the Saudis are footing the bill for hummus and Pita for 10,000 muslim converts charging your southern border 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

:D

Sadly, separating sarcasm and satire from truth, requires a certain level of intelligence ...don't do it again or we'll be suffering any number of threads from Jack et al quoting anonymous sources that tell us that the Saudis are footing the bill for hummus and Pita for 10,000 muslim converts charging your southern border 

 

Oh shit!  So it’s 100,000 Mexican army converts, and 75,000 children under the age of 6, commanded by 20,000 Saudi special forces techs, trained by Pelosi, Schumer, and Mattis?  Welcomed by armed Libersls who are looking to imprison anyone who is trying to riot while trying to escape from Sanctuary Cities?

Somehow it all makes sense now!  The rigged midterm election coming up!  The Russian cruise missiles!

Where are you, my Beautiful President!   Only you can fix this!  

What the Hell is going on?  Where is our wall?

Are news reports true that you and your family have taken refuge in the White House underground shelter?  Is the Airforce on DEFCON 4 alert?

 :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Migrants wake, walk and reject Trump's Twitter attacks

Quote

"I've heard a lot of news about Donald Trump and I hear that he's not going to help our country if we keep coming," Franco said. "But I don't think about that because I'm thinking about my family and the truth is, like I say, we are not delinquent, we are not trying to ruin things. We are just trying to make our families better."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/23/americas/mexico-migrants-start-journey-weir/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viva la Caravan! 

Crash the gates! Were comin in you stupid Nortenos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chum said:

Viva la Caravan! 

Crash the gates! Were comin in you stupid Nortenos!

Nortenos are a culture of their own and live on both sides of the border.  At least one gang has appropriated their name.

Do NOT call their music Mariachi.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is all the food, water, and "porta pottys" coming from?   Where are they sleeping at night?  7,000 people, that is some serious logistics, right?  Surely the Mexican government is not like the city of San Francisco and just letting them shit in the streets. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Where is all the food, water, and "porta pottys" coming from?   Where are they sleeping at night?  7,000 people, that is some serious logistics, right?  Surely the Mexican government is not like the city of San Francisco and just letting them shit in the streets. 

 

 

 

 

Who benefits? Republicans. Therefore, Republicans must be pulling the strings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

The timing is interesting don't ya think? 

Absolutely! Nothing like a horde of murderous dark skinned heathens, and unknown middle easterners to drive the freak show republicans to the voting booth in droves.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Where is all the food, water, and "porta pottys" coming from?   Where are they sleeping at night?  7,000 people, that is some serious logistics, right?  Surely the Mexican government is not like the city of San Francisco and just letting them shit in the streets. 

 

 

 

 

7000 serious logistics? about the size of a small rock concert held in the park. The locals are giving them food and water..and rides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

they are heading straight for northern minnesota, gonna stay up north this winter ya know

DqKE_0kXcAAY3kx.jpg

And what about all those real estate agents living in empty houses that are on the market?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

7000 serious logistics? about the size of a small rock concert held in the park. The locals are giving them food and water..and rides.

Except that this “rock concert” is in motion every day. Yes, there are serious logistics involved. It doesn’t take Randumb level conspiracy theory to realize they’re being helped by more than just random locals. 

Personally, I’d be fine with offering asylum to any of them with a reasonably clean record if they make it to the border. At the very least, they’ve demonstrated that they’re motivated. 

But getting back to your silly argument. As this rock concert marches through each village and city, why aren’t we hearing complaints about the impact of 7000 people needing to take a shit?  I know that’s gross, but please explain how that’s being dealt with without leaving a disgusting trail?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummmm, it is an invasionary force, is it not? Repel them as you would any other.

If we are not the world's policemen, then we should not and cannot be their sanctuary either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Ummmm, it is an invasionary force, is it not? Repel them as you would any other.

If we are not the world's policemen, then we should not and cannot be their sanctuary either.

Geez you are dumb. Nothing like shooting women and children huh.  We might as well see what the Statue of Liberty would fetch these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Geez you are dumb. Nothing like shooting women and children huh.  We might as well see what the Statue of Liberty would fetch these days. 

450,000 Lbs. @$2.03 per Lb. = $9,135,000 (+-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Geez you are dumb. Nothing like shooting women and children huh.  We might as well see what the Statue of Liberty would fetch these days. 

Not dumb at all but clearly you need the comment explained to you.

Shoot the Coyotes.

The Statue of Liberty, in the event you don't know this, is right next to Ellis Island, the US's main point of entry for immigrants, a good part of last century.

 

I know, I know, you would have to pay fair wages in the construction industry down Texas way if we stopped illegal immigration. Why do that when you can pay slave wages, right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

7000 serious logistics? about the size of a small rock concert held in the park. The locals are giving them food and water..and rides.

Where are all of their backpacks and belongings?  As for the locals... I don't think so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Not dumb at all but clearly you need the comment explained to you.

Shoot the Coyotes.

The Statue of Liberty, in the event you don't know this, is right next to Ellis Island, the US's main point of entry for immigrants, a good part of last century.

 

I know, I know, you would have to pay fair wages in the construction industry down Texas way if we stopped illegal immigration. Why do that when you can pay slave wages, right?

 

You aren't just dumb you are a big consumer of the RW media fest.  Shoot the Coyotes?  Can you determine that?  If people come to US soil and request asylum the law (you know that thing this country is founded on) requires they be processed.  And wtf does that have to do with your last statement?  The people who are working here illegally are being employed by old white guys who own the construction companies and are almost exclusively Republicans. 

Unlike you I actually know what I am writing about. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no idea they were coming to line up on the Mexican side and request asylum. I wonder how long that process takes? I hope Mexico can handle the logistics of the camps they’ll need.

Im happy they’re doing it according to our laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chum said:

I had no idea they were coming to line up on the Mexican side and request asylum. I wonder how long that process takes? I hope Mexico can handle the logistics of the camps they’ll need.

Im happy they’re doing it according to our laws.

If a bunch of millennial hippies can survive in the desert for a week on ecstacy and Cliff bars, some resourceful Central Americans can deal with wandering around a bit. Especially since the Trump foundation is paying for food, etc to get them to the border in time for the elections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

....  some resourceful Central Americans can deal with wandering around a bit

If they were resourceful, they would ave already been here, or had no reason to leave where they were..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Trump claims the ME terrorists have infiltrated the caravan and Pence, the Chief Lackey agrees with him. Of course they have no proof and admit to same but they could be.  Fear Inc. rides again.  We have stopped 10 terrorists a day at the border during the last year.  Just take their word for it, the Make America White Again folks do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg

Untitled.jpg.2149a2bf661069b1f2410707fb980dfd.jpg

6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Obama did exactly that.  Unlike Trump who wants to call out the military instead of following US law. Or did you actually have a point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope the middle easterners in the caravan don't get in the way of the middle class tax cut getting done by a Congress that isn't even in session.  That would be a bummer. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at my chart's and it's a long way across Mexico . Imagine the irony when Mexico has to ask the US for help with their immigration problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Prof Anthrax said:

Looking at my chart's

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Prof Anthrax said:

Looking at my chart's and it's a long way across Mexico . Imagine the irony when Mexico has to ask the US for help with their immigration problems. 

Try road maps. Rand McNally prints them every year..... They're probably more reliable than your "chart's".:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Prof Anthrax said:

Sorry Grammar guy's. :rolleyes:

nope , just reverse of my Nav tutor .....................................

 

call a chart a map and see what happens :blink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prof Anthrax said:

Sorry Grammar guy's. :rolleyes:

Since we are going there it's Grammar guys.  Not possessive.  Is OCD.  The weird thing is I really struggled with grammar in school.  Something happened along the way.......

And since I used it once in a post tonight I will go with FUBAR which is what Trump & Company are doing to do this situation.  I really miss Obama.  And Dubya.  And his Dad. I am even starting to really like Romney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

Since we are going there it's Grammar guys.  Not possessive.  Is OCD.  The weird thing is I really struggled with grammar in school.  Something happened along the way.......

And since I used it once in a post tonight I will go with FUBAR which is what Trump & Company are doing to do this situation.  I really miss Obama.  And Dubya.  And his Dad. I am even starting to really like Romney. 

My daughter and I were just discussing the use of s and 's. 

And for what its worth, I miss those guys too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re Tracking Misinformation About The Migrant Caravan Headed To The US

Misinformation about the migrant caravan started as soon as it entered the news cycle.

Quote

 

Trump’s tweet is just the latest in what has become an onslaught of unverified, baseless, or outright false claims being made about the caravan.

BuzzFeed News reviewed the claims and related evidence to help parse whether they are true, false, unverified, or are unfounded speculation.

 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/janelytvynenko/were-tracking-misinformation-about-the-migrant-caravan?bfsource=relatedmanual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey middy - do you have any thoughts of your own or do you see yourself as the self-appointed PA news pool reporter???  I've always thought that people here who routinely post headlines,image.png.bc6fcc7011d0261ceaadf0feef5c13b1.png

without adding any opinion or thoughts of their own are nothing but attention whoring cunts.  Nothing I've seen so far of your work is disabusing me of that notion. 

This is a "discussion" board, not a news aggregator site.  Just saying.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK everyone..... put your TDS and ODS aside for the moment......  I know its hard, but honestly try.

Look, I get that parts of the world have issues and that people just want to come here for a better life.  But where do we draw the line?  We can't take everyone in.  We can't "fix" every bad situation around the world.  We can't absorb the populations of Mexico and Central and South 'murica who want to come here.  I keep hearing all this "we are a nation of immigrants" BS.  And yes, once upon a time that was true when we were essentially an empty country with unlimited natural resources and unlimited space.  

And yes, while we still some need immigrants now - it is nowhere near as urgent and pressing as it once was when we needed literal boatloads of people to show up unabated and build the country from the ground up and tame the wild west.  That is not the case anymore.  We need controlled immigration, on OUR terms and for our national health.  NOT to solve the world's problems.  I'm sorry if that sounds heartless, and I admit that it is to a degree.  But its reality.  We do not have unlimited resources anymore nor unlimited space.  Immigration, IMHO, needs to be primarily for the interests of our nation first and secondly for the benefit of the immigrant.  Done correctly, it becomes a mutually beneficial arrangement.

So back to the question after my long pre(r)amble - NOW WHAT????  If all you bleeding hearts get your way, we would take in all those 7K caravaners and give them a new home.  But when the next caravan of 20K heads north, then what?  And 50K the next time, and 100K after that?  Do all of you "just let them in" folks have a line?  I'm honestly interested in where you draw it and why.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

450,000 Lbs. @$2.03 per Lb. = $9,135,000 (+-)

I know you’re joking, but it’s actually been sold in the past. Lots of internal structural bits had to be replaced due to fatigue. A company I used to work for bought a bunch of that scrap copper and turned it into rediculously expensive bath tubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, d'ranger said:

did you actually have a point?

the top of his head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, d'ranger said:

You aren't just dumb you are a big consumer of the RW media fest.  Shoot the Coyotes?  Can you determine that?  If people come to US soil and request asylum the law (you know that thing this country is founded on) requires they be processed.  And wtf does that have to do with your last statement?  The people who are working here illegally are being employed by old white guys who own the construction companies and are almost exclusively Republicans. 

Unlike you I actually know what I am writing about. 

That's OK if they are processed before entry.  Seems letting them in giving them a court date that they promise to attend doesn't work well.

Most of the deportations are for failure to appear.

 Absent attendance at court produces chronic failures to appear nearing a million people whose disappearances were muted in annual reports to Congress. Their numbers make up the largest part of unexecuted deportation orders. Absent enforcement — the flat refusal of a presidential administration to secure the borders and interior of the United States — has resulted in 953,506 violators unremoved years after their deportation orders were final, a 58 percent increase since 2002.27 While illegal aliens composed up to 41 percent of all criminal defendants prosecuted in U.S. federal district courts in 2010,28 no sustained efforts to stem illegal entry and remove offenders found their way into Obama administration policies, despite the fact that felony reentry into the United States was among the most common offenses charged.29 Instead, the opposite occurred. Enforcement waned30 as illegal entry across American borders waxed.31 Enforcement protocols fashioned over the last eight years pushed unexecuted deportation orders past a million on the watch of a president who assured Congress and the public of hardened borders and tough enforcement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, here is a good one from the right wing LA Times.

It appears that in 2015 the Obama administration began scheduling immigration hearings for Nov 29, 2019.  Even giving them scheduled dates.

So now we have a bunch of folks with a  real piece of paper with a 2019 date that they can use and claim they never got the reschedule.  Innocent mistake, of course.

In late January, U.S. courts began telling immigrants seeking legalization that their cases would be delayed for four years, announcements that spurred an uproar among immigration attorneys and advocates.

Most peculiar was that the federal office in charge of scheduling immigration court dates issued the same date for each hearing: Nov. 29, 2019.

But the federal Executive Office for Immigration Review says there is no reason for concern. The 2019 date is merely a default temporarily used for thousands of non-priority cases after a flood of unaccompanied minors and adults with children crossed the border last year.

An agency spokeswoman said the 2019 date will almost certainly change for nearly every person who is scheduled for that day.

"The majority of the cases will be rescheduled [from 2019]," said Lauren Alder Reid of the Executive Office for Immigration Review.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

450,000 Lbs. @$2.03 per Lb. = $9,135,000 (+-)

Better wait and keep an eye on the commodity markets- is Mnuchin a Market timer?  We need market timers! And at least $5/lb, to say nothing of the 500 jobs this would create.  Temporary but necessary!  

https://m.nasdaq.com/markets/copper.aspx?timeframe=10y

altjough many people are saying that $7/ lb copper is just around the corner, especially when Our Beautifil President’s new weapons plans get going- the demand for copper will skyrocket, and the 1000 permanent jobs created by $10/lb copper will add up to a billion dollar industry that will pay back the 15”% middle class tax cut in 6 months alone.  Copper wrist bracelets for the golfing community will be a 2 billion $$ industry in a year, employing 5,000 people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

OK everyone..... put your TDS and ODS aside for the moment......  I know its hard, but honestly try.

Look, I get that parts of the world have issues and that people just want to come here for a better life.  But where do we draw the line?  We can't take everyone in.  We can't "fix" every bad situation around the world.  We can't absorb the populations of Mexico and Central and South 'murica who want to come here.  I keep hearing all this "we are a nation of immigrants" BS.  And yes, once upon a time that was true when we were essentially an empty country with unlimited natural resources and unlimited space.  

And yes, while we still some need immigrants now - it is nowhere near as urgent and pressing as it once was when we needed literal boatloads of people to show up unabated and build the country from the ground up and tame the wild west.  That is not the case anymore.  We need controlled immigration, on OUR terms and for our national health.  NOT to solve the world's problems.  I'm sorry if that sounds heartless, and I admit that it is to a degree.  But its reality.  We do not have unlimited resources anymore nor unlimited space.  Immigration, IMHO, needs to be primarily for the interests of our nation first and secondly for the benefit of the immigrant.  Done correctly, it becomes a mutually beneficial arrangement.

So back to the question after my long pre(r)amble - NOW WHAT????  If all you bleeding hearts get your way, we would take in all those 7K caravaners and give them a new home.  But when the next caravan of 20K heads north, then what?  And 50K the next time, and 100K after that?  Do all of you "just let them in" folks have a line?  I'm honestly interested in where you draw it and why.  

 

There's another 58 million where that came from. At some point even the staunchest open border advocates will be re-thinking this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dog said:

There's another 58 million where that came from. At some point even the staunchest open border advocates will be re-thinking this.

Let 'em in and let 'em vote!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that Media still shots of the "caravan" almost always show families with babies and toddlers. Yet the videos show a childless stream of teen and 20 something males. 

You don't think the media would stage heart string images to distort the truth do ya? 

On the Bull Horn "Press alert all families with kids age 1 to 4 to the front immediately"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of things come to mind. The first is that you can't claim refugee status until you are IN the country where you want to make the claim. Second, is that if the process takes too long then you need to have more officials to do the processing and speed up the process. Third, if these folks are in genuine fear (and not just of being poor) then they need to be admitted (international and national law). If not, they need to be sent home. A couple of other thoughts, the US needs more workers, look at the unemployment figures. Process people and get them in. Trump is right, the process needs to change to identify and accept the kinds of people the country needs, but this is not just system design engineers from Norway, it is also agricultural workers from El Salvador and plumbers from Iraq. if there are too many illegals working in the US now go after the employers. When the first half dozen get sent to the crowbar hotel the problem will quickly disappear. The illegal workers, if they have no criminal convictions should be given amnesty - their work is still needed.

Trump is generally right about how to fix the problem but he has done nothing to bring about a new, better system. I think it is beyond his intellect to figure out the details of what he wants.Real leadership is needed and the midterms are a start in this direction, but only a start. Trump will send the National Guard or the Coast Guard or Kushner to the border to stop the caravan and press will have photographs of heavily-armed men blocking mothers and their toddlers and he will wonder why he keeps getting such bad press, but his herd of deplorables will cheer on his manly leadership, after all Hillary would not have done the same and she actually got fewer votes than The Donald and emails, Benghazi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

There's another 58 million where that came from. At some point even the staunchest open border advocates will be re-thinking this.

I am about as staunch of an open border advocate as there is.  My solution?  Let them in.  In this orderly fashion:

1.  No welfare.

2.  Exempt them from the federal minimum wage.

3.  Require them to have a job before admittance.

4.  No criminals or infectious diseases.

5.  No voting for at least 10 years.

If they still want to come after that, glad to have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

A couple of things come to mind. The first is that you can't claim refugee status until you are IN the country where you want to make the claim. Second, is that if the process takes too long then you need to have more officials to do the processing and speed up the process. Third, if these folks are in genuine fear (and not just of being poor) then they need to be admitted (international and national law). If not, they need to be sent home. A couple of other thoughts, the US needs more workers, look at the unemployment figures. Process people and get them in. Trump is right, the process needs to change to identify and accept the kinds of people the country needs, but this is not just system design engineers from Norway, it is also agricultural workers from El Salvador and plumbers from Iraq. if there are too many illegals working in the US now go after the employers. When the first half dozen get sent to the crowbar hotel the problem will quickly disappear. The illegal workers, if they have no criminal convictions should be given amnesty - their work is still needed.

Trump is generally right about how to fix the problem but he has done nothing to bring about a new, better system. I think it is beyond his intellect to figure out the details of what he wants.Real leadership is needed and the midterms are a start in this direction, but only a start. Trump will send the National Guard or the Coast Guard or Kushner to the border to stop the caravan and press will have photographs of heavily-armed men blocking mothers and their toddlers and he will wonder why he keeps getting such bad press, but his herd of deplorables will cheer on his manly leadership, after all Hillary would not have done the same and she actually got fewer votes than The Donald and emails, Benghazi.

You can claim refugee status at any embassy or consulate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

OK everyone..... put your TDS and ODS aside for the moment......  I know its hard, but honestly try.

Look, I get that parts of the world have issues and that people just want to come here for a better life.  But where do we draw the line?  We can't take everyone in.  We can't "fix" every bad situation around the world.  We can't absorb the populations of Mexico and Central and South 'murica who want to come here.  I keep hearing all this "we are a nation of immigrants" BS.  And yes, once upon a time that was true when we were essentially an empty country with unlimited natural resources and unlimited space.  

And yes, while we still some need immigrants now - it is nowhere near as urgent and pressing as it once was when we needed literal boatloads of people to show up unabated and build the country from the ground up and tame the wild west.  That is not the case anymore.  We need controlled immigration, on OUR terms and for our national health.  NOT to solve the world's problems.  I'm sorry if that sounds heartless, and I admit that it is to a degree.  But its reality.  We do not have unlimited resources anymore nor unlimited space.  Immigration, IMHO, needs to be primarily for the interests of our nation first and secondly for the benefit of the immigrant.  Done correctly, it becomes a mutually beneficial arrangement.

So back to the question after my long pre(r)amble - NOW WHAT????  If all you bleeding hearts get your way, we would take in all those 7K caravaners and give them a new home.  But when the next caravan of 20K heads north, then what?  And 50K the next time, and 100K after that?  Do all of you "just let them in" folks have a line?  I'm honestly interested in where you draw it and why.  

 

There’s a legal process. IF they get here, they will apply for asylum, and the courts will decide on a case-by-case basis. 

Or you could drone them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dog said:

There's another 58 million where that came from. At some point even the staunchest open border advocates will be re-thinking this.

I’ve been looking around and can’t find a single “open border advocate.” Did you find some? Or are you lying? Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have been rewatching Ken Burn's 'The Vietnam War' and the episode I finished was the year leading up to the Tet offensive. What was striking is the bullshit and lies being fed to LBJ and the American people. It's the same shitshow we are getting from the Trump administration. I mean at Monday's rally in Houston they got the crowd chanting Locker Him Up for Beto and Lyin Ted Cruz states Beto and Hillary can share the same cell.

This is some seriously fucked up shit and much like Vietnam people better start waking up. This is not going to end well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Trump is generally right about how to fix the problem but he has done nothing to bring about a new, better system. I think it is beyond his intellect to figure out the details of what he wants

Trump mouths pronouncements that could be correct occasionally. Trump mouths unfactual, incorrect, wrong headed ideas, often. The people in his administration who implement policy have different ideas and when policy gets implemented it's generally of the stupid, bullshit, ideas with one goal - reduction in legal immigration. No amount of Jeffreauxing can change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Absolutely! Nothing like a horde of murderous dark skinned heathens, and unknown middle easterners to drive the freak show republicans to the voting booth in droves.....

Hundreds of thousands!  Maybe millions!  Armed with tactical nukes!  Riding in Armored Personnel carriers with air support!  We must meet them at the border and repel them with force!  Call the generals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

So I have been rewatching Ken Burn's 'The Vietnam War' and the episode I finished was the year leading up to the Tet offensive. What was striking is the bullshit and lies being fed to LBJ and the American people. It's the same shitshow we are getting from the Trump administration. I mean at Monday's rally in Houston they got the crowd chanting Locker Him Up for Beto and Lyin Ted Cruz states Beto and Hillary can share the same cell.

This is some seriously fucked up shit and much like Vietnam people better start waking up. This is not going to end well. 

There were more than a few of us who were making the same pitch back in ‘65, and it went nowhere for years.....

Mattis write a book about it, for Christ’s Sake...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok lets do a little sizing of of risk here, OK? 4000 people marching to border lets say half are kids  Military threat = 0, Women 25 % lets' say a few are criminals but unlikely to be armed. Threat = 0 1000 men lets say 10% hardened criminals but armed? I don;t think so. So we are talking about the risk of invasion from a 100 guys with bad attitudes. Does anybody think in your country? You are going to send the army to the border to stop this "army" of invaders.  Good God I hope the US never faces a real threat at the  border you all will start crying and shit your pants.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HuronBouy said:

Ok lets do a little sizing of of risk here, OK? 4000 people marching to border lets say half are kids  Military threat = 0, Women 25 % lets' say a few are criminals but unlikely to be armed. Threat = 0 1000 men lets say 10% hardened criminals but armed? I don;t think so. So we are talking about the risk of invasion from a 100 guys with bad attitudes. Does anybody think in your country? You are going to send the army to the border to stop this "army" of invaders.  Good God I hope the US never faces a real threat at the  border you all will start crying and shit your pants.   

But... but.... they are virile brown people.

that's the threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here's a solution Viagra for white people only You really could make love and not war. 

Of course Toad stool dick would have to have be able to find it to use it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amati said:

Hundreds of thousands!  Maybe millions!  Armed with tactical nukes!  Riding in Armored Personnel carriers with air support!  We must meet them at the border and repel them with force!  Call the generals!

Generals? Trump knows more than all the Generals..... He doesn't need them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

But... but.... they are virile brown people.

that's the threat.

And they are hard-working and would take jobs other folks won't touch and do a good job, can't have that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

Ok lets do a little sizing of of risk here, OK? 4000 people marching to border lets say half are kids  Military threat = 0, Women 25 % lets' say a few are criminals but unlikely to be armed. Threat = 0 1000 men lets say 10% hardened criminals but armed? I don;t think so. So we are talking about the risk of invasion from a 100 guys with bad attitudes. Does anybody think in your country? You are going to send the army to the border to stop this "army" of invaders.  Good God I hope the US never faces a real threat at the  border you all will start crying and shit your pants.   

Start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Generals? Trump knows more than all the Generals..... He doesn't need them.

Well, he says it sometimes.....kinda of......

Mad Dog!  The Democrat! :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hungry-people.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HuronBouy said:

Ok lets do a little sizing of of risk here, OK? 4000 people marching to border lets say half are kids  Military threat = 0, Women 25 % lets' say a few are criminals but unlikely to be armed. Threat = 0 1000 men lets say 10% hardened criminals but armed? I don;t think so. So we are talking about the risk of invasion from a 100 guys with bad attitudes. Does anybody think in your country? You are going to send the army to the border to stop this "army" of invaders.  Good God I hope the US never faces a real threat at the  border you all will start crying and shit your pants.   

It's either stop them or don't stop them. What do you suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dog said:

It's either stop them or don't stop them. What do you suggest?

I'll take "process them according to current law and procedure" for $600 Alex

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I'll take "process them according to current law and procedure" for $600 Alex

When I immigrated I was processed at the embassy in my own country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dog said:

When I immigrated I was processed at the embassy in my own country.

they should of kept you the fuck out...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

Brandon Judd of the National Border Patrol Council is right when he says on @foxandfriends that the Democrat inspired laws make it tough for us to stop people at the Border. MUST BE CHANDED, but I am bringing out the military for this National Emergency. They will be stopped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

When I immigrated I was processed at the embassy in my own country.

That's the way my wife came to the states.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Chanded"...... In the dictionary just a few words before "Covfefe".....:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:

It's either stop them or don't stop them. What do you suggest?

Call in the army and shoot them problem solved. 

Whether you like it or not they are coming my point which you evidently missed is that they are not a violent danger to the country. Should they be let in? IMHO probably not. They should  get in line like others who go through due process. But to villainize them  is disingenuous Trump  bullshit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 5:28 PM, Clove Hitch said:

Let 'em in and let 'em vote!

You're being facetious, right?  If not, can you please explain why you think this way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I’ve been looking around and can’t find a single “open border advocate.” Did you find some? Or are you lying? Again.

Uh.... cloove hitch seems to be one of them.  Might want to ask what he means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, d'ranger said:

This is not going to end well. 

Sure it will.  Its part of BTBD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 4:05 PM, Not guilty said:

44518041_1121672274652317_48968415372975

I've been saying this for a really long time now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites