Mid

Migrant Caravan

39 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Serious question - this whole "caravan" seems to be a bit more orchestrated and supported than I would think a bunch of desperate folks fleeing for safety would be have the time and ability to organize.  Is there any reliable information that describes who's supporting this activity? 

Fair question, In the absence of any  evidence that  support is coming from any NGO or political org (despite people desperately trying to  find some) The sensible answer is that any donations of food or transport is coming from individual donors, as for organisation..take any group of people with a common goal and "leaders" and "organisers" will appear from within those ranks. It doesn't have to be some great conspiracy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Fair question, In the absence of any  evidence that  support is coming from any NGO or political org (despite people desperately trying to  find some) The sensible answer is that any donations of food or transport is coming from individual donors, as for organisation..take any group of people with a common goal and "leaders" and "organisers" will appear from within those ranks. It doesn't have to be some great conspiracy. 

Nope - you're right.  My intent in asking is more about an historic comparison - anyone actually know much about the underground railway?  Some of my family in the mid 1800s on the eastern shore were directly involved in that.  So - I'm wondering whether or not what we're seeing today is a loosely organized outpouring of popular support analogous to that, or if there actually was some organization larger in scope that planned and supported this exodus.  Either way?  I''m open to information that improves our understanding.  

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Really....You don't know that entering Mexico illegally is a violation of Mexican law? 

Then the Mexican authorities should do something about it.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Then the Mexican authorities should do something about it.

Agreed...Immigration laws should be enforced.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Asylum laws should be enforced.

Judge blocks Trump asylum changes: Caravan can demand protections even after illegal entry

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/20/judge-blocks-trump-asylum-changes-rulings-means-ca/

2 hours ago, Dog said:

It's a damn good thing that they are in the US, ain't it?

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

That would require asylum seekers to show up at their hearing.

which they do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

All of them?

Law of diminishing returns baby.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

But the numbers are not diminishing, they are in fact increasing. Over 22,000 absentia removal orders in the first six months of 2018.

https://cis.org/Arthur/New-Immigration-Court-Statistics-Released

then clearly you must support stopping ALL non-citizen travel to the US - since the majority of new "illegal" immigrants are over-staying their visas.

Unless there is something different about asylum seekers from Central America..... I wonder what that could be?

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

then clearly you must support stopping ALL non-citizen travel to the US - since the majority of new "illegal" immigrants are over-staying their visas.

Unless there is something different about asylum seekers from Central America..... I wonder what that could be?

You're confusing people who over stay their visa with asylum applicants.

32 minutes ago, Dog said:

You're confusing people who over stay their visa with asylum applicants.

so you really don't care about illegal immigration then, after all. Interesting.

7 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Nope - you're right.  My intent in asking is more about an historic comparison - anyone actually know much about the underground railway?  Some of my family in the mid 1800s on the eastern shore were directly involved in that.  So - I'm wondering whether or not what we're seeing today is a loosely organized outpouring of popular support analogous to that, or if there actually was some organization larger in scope that planned and supported this exodus.  Either way?  I''m open to information that improves our understanding.  

How many Polish, Italian, Irish, or Balkan immigrants brought more than they could carry? They scraped up enough money, or "whored" themselves out for steerage on tramp steamers. When they got here, they had nothing but the clothes on their backs, the few duds in their bags, and a burning desire for a better life.

Why deny this to the Central Americans?

Mexico offers them asylum and work papers which they turn down.   Guessing the 'asylum' part is pure bullshit.  And why does it seem that the vast majority are able bodied men? 

Why are you guys worried about illegal immigration into Mexico?

1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

Mexico offers them asylum and work papers which they turn down.   Guessing the 'asylum' part is pure bullshit.  And why does it seem that the vast majority are able bodied men? 

Nothing about seeking asylum requires you to stop at the first country that offers you papers to fill out. One can seek asylum in any country that signed the UN Convention on Refugees. Doesn't have to be the first, second, or third even. 

It might be fun to drop Donald, DJ, Eric, Melania, and what's her twat, down at the Honduras border, and see if they can get up to the US border w/o calling for a limo, helicopter, or jet.....

I'd actually chip in to help pay for that reality show.

3 hours ago, Not guilty said:

oh look more #whataboutism

Me thinks that doesn’t mean what you think it means...

43 minutes ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.eb3d1a8f93b6cf780bb6dc2adee91ce7.jpg

Can you just imagine what that money could be better spent on helping these migrants get settled?

34 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Can you just imagine what that money could be better spent on helping these migrants get settled?

Or a couple of weekends at Mar A Liar.

8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:
9 hours ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.eb3d1a8f93b6cf780bb6dc2adee91ce7.jpg

What could that do for the water in Flint?  How about helping homeless vets?

So many ways that money could have been better spent.

It was all an Election Day distraction.

The Faithful bought it.

8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Getting settled in what country?

28 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What could that do for the water in Flint?  How about helping homeless vets?

So many ways that money could have been better spent.

It was all an Election Day distraction.

The Faithful bought it.

Really....  Do you think Trump is behind the organizing and financing of the caravan so he could take action against it as part of an election day distraction?

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

Really....  Do you think Trump is behind the organizing and financing of the caravan so he could take action against it as part of an election day distraction?

Imagine I actually said something that stupid.  Just imagine.

Do you think President Trump didn't time his activation and deployment of those troops to stoke the fear and anger of the easily duped?  Remember, the military got to the border while the caravan was still hundreds of miles away?  Couple that with the fact that they are being sent home just as the migrants begin to arrive.

I can see why you don't view all of that as an election ploy.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Do you think President Trump didn't time his activation and deployment of those troops to stoke the fear and anger of the easily duped?  Remember, the military got to the border while the caravan was still hundreds of miles away?  Couple that with the fact that they are being sent home just as the migrants begin to arrive.

Well they would have to get to the border in advance of the caraven if they were to assist in the preperations wouldn't they? Speaking of being easily duped do you think those who organized and financed the caravan did not consider the timing wrt the election?

1 hour ago, Dog said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Well they would have to get to the border in advance of the caraven if they were to assist in the preperations wouldn't they? Speaking of being easily duped do you think those who organized and financed the caravan did not consider the timing wrt the election?

As I said.....

Just now, Bus Driver said:

As I said.....

Oh, I do see it as an election ploy and obviously it was those who organized and financed the caravan who dictated the timing.

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

damn that George Soros!

Who ever it was has fucked a lot of poor people.

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Oh, I do see it as an election ploy and obviously it was those who organized and financed the caravan who dictated the timing.

The two groups combined represent just a few days’ worth of the average flow of migrants to the United States. Similar caravans also have occurred regularly over the years, passing largely unnoticed, but the new ones have become a hot-button political issue amid an unprecedented push-back from U.S. President Donald Trump.

Obviously, this is new and unprecedented.  Good thing the President acted so decisively.

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The two groups combined represent just a few days’ worth of the average flow of migrants to the United States. Similar caravans also have occurred regularly over the years, passing largely unnoticed, but the new ones have become a hot-button political issue amid an unprecedented push-back from U.S. President Donald Trump.

Obviously, this is new and unprecedented.  Good thing the President acted so decisively.

When you see a picture of the caravan composed of women and children you're being duped.

4 hours ago, Dog said:

Absolutely. False flag is a trademark of the right.

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Absolutely. False flag is a trademark of the right.

Wow!  Move over Dr. Evil.

"A new Trump administration policy would force migrants seeking asylum in the U.S. to wait in Mexico as their requests are processed, breaking sharply with current policy, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

According to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) memos obtained by The Post, asylum seekers would have to establish a “reasonable fear” of persecution in Mexico to be allowed to come to the U.S. while authorities review their asylum requests under the new policy, dubbed “Remain in Mexico.” 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/417963-new-administration-policy-would-force-migrants-to-wait-in-mexico-as

8 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Why are they not accepting asylum offers the President of Mexico offered them? How is it asylum if they are attempting to pick and choose their preference as to where they resettle? These people are not asylum seekers, they are attempting to migrate to the US by choice, not leave their country of birth as a matter of self preservation.

Is it thanksgiving yet? !!!:rolleyes:

Posted 38 minutes ago

WHAT IS WRONG........

By BillDBastard, 38 minutes ago in Political Anarchy 

BillDBastard

• Super Anarchist
  •  
  • BillDBastard
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

With you Californians???

Thousands left homeless due to the devastation of wildfires that even Governor Moonbean acknowledges was due to poor land management and forestry practices.

And on this Thanksgiving morning there are still neighbors of yours living in tents in super market parking lots.

11 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Why are they not accepting asylum offers the President of Mexico offered them? How is it asylum if they are attempting to pick and choose their preference as to where they resettle? These people are not asylum seekers, they are attempting to migrate to the US by choice, not leave their country of birth as a matter of self preservation.

And you know this because you one of them?

1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

They haven't been offered asylum. They've been offered a chance to fill out some forms and have Mexico maybe grant them asylum at a later date. 

Nothing in the Refugee Convention to which the US is a signatory requires an asylum seeker to apply in the first country that might offer them some forms. If Mexico deems them to be refugees, then it is likely that the US would too. In other words, those that would be accepted by Mexico would be accepted by the USA and therefore, like it or not, meet the definition of genuine refugees seeking asylum.

Now, if you don't want to abide by the treaty that you signed, have Congress repeal it's ratification. Then you can deem them whatever you like and reject them on whatever basis you like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Maybe Iraq and Afghanistan don't have the same illegal immigration problems like we do.  :ph34r:

We don't have an illegal immigration problem.  We have a problem with people that think there is an illegal immigration issue. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

If indoctrinated Democrats believed that illegal immigrants were going to vote Republican, they would call for placing land mines on the border. 

Wow.  That's some pretty serious stuff.  Any other complete utter nonsense that you can pull straight out of your ass?

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Wow.  That's some pretty serious stuff.  Any other complete utter nonsense that you can pull straight out of your ass?

He has a rather prodigious posting history. All of it is pulled straight out of his ass. Well, he also posts bullshit memes he finds on the internet. 

But, that’s about all he can do. 

On 11/19/2018 at 9:04 PM, Mickey Rat said:

The no climb zone. :D

I guess they’ll just have to use the handy lift.  That or walk five miles down the road.

4 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Your credibility just plunged into negative territory sir or ma'am.

I knew you couldn’t handle it without the font...

Perfectly seriously here..... Why not let these people in, hand them rakes, and bus them to the forests. After 5 years of raking, if there's no more fires, they can stay.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Perfectly seriously here..... Why not let these people in, hand them rakes, and bus them to the forests. After 5 years of raking, if there's no more fires, they can stay.

Stop being reasonable. This is serious! @Dog is quaking in his boots!

10 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Stop being reasonable. This is serious! @Dog is quaking in his boots!

Think of all the jobs that will be created for real Americans, building rakes.

12 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

And what of all the ones that will follow? 

How about this... we vet them and let in only the ones we determine to be legitimate refugees. Of the remaining we give work permits to those we determine will contribute and only in numbers we deem appropriate. We can renew the work permits if we feel like it otherwise we send them home. If they want to immigrate they can apply and get in line. 

Sound like a plan?

49 minutes ago, Dog said:

And what of all the ones that will follow? 

How about this... we vet them and let in only the ones we determine to be legitimate refugees. Of the remaining we give work permits to those we determine will contribute and only in numbers we deem appropriate. We can renew the work permits if we feel like it otherwise we send them home. If they want to immigrate they can apply and get in line. 

Sound like a plan?

So now you want to increase  immigration. You need professional help.

19 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

So now you want to increase  immigration. You need professional help.

I have always been pro immigration, I'm an immigrant myself.... tresspassing, not so much.

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

I have always been pro immigration, I'm an immigrant myself.... tresspassing, not so much.

Well, inspector Clueless, get on the case. Cause the folks in the caravan aren’t trespassing on US soil.

Just now, Raz'r said:

Well, inspector Clueless, get on the case. Cause the folks in the caravan aren’t trespassing on US soil.

What do you think of my plan?

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

Too restrictive.  My plan  is better- set up Welcome Centers where people that come across are given a free phone, a social security number, sworn in as a citizen and registered to vote.    No more fussing with courts and all that. 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Well, assuming you're serious, you should've voted for Hillary.

20 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

Too restrictive.  My plan  is better- set up Welcome Centers where people that come across are given a free phone, a social security number, sworn in as a citizen and registered to vote.    No more fussing with courts and all that. 

I think we ought to include a rake in that welcome package.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 11:09 AM, Deplorable1 said:

If indoctrinated Democrats believed that illegal immigrants were going to vote Republican, they would call for placing land mines on the border. 

Exactly.  Even if Hispanics started voting 50-50, agreement on immigration reform, including strong border control measures, would occur tuit suite (French for “at once”).

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I think we ought to include a rake in that welcome package.

Let them in and give them rakes, yeah thats the ticket....All we get from our leftist friends on this topic is lots of vapid chatter.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Let them in and give them rakes, yeah thats the ticket....All we get from our leftist friends on this topic is lots of vapid chatter.

Those forests aren't going to rake themselves.  It doesn't matter what anyone states - you have your opinions and will repeat them until the cows come home, just like everyone else.

11 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Those forests aren't going to rake themselves.  It doesn't matter what anyone states - you have your opinions and will repeat them until the cows come home, just like everyone else.

Yeah....And IMHO opening the gates and handing out rakes is stupid immigration policy...call me crazy.

23 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yeah....And IMHO opening the gates and handing out rakes is stupid immigration policy...call me crazy.

And yet nobody is actually advocating that. Following the rules on asylum? probably.  rakes may not be included with this offer, ditto Democratic voting cards.

43 minutes ago, Dog said:

Those forests aren't going to rake themselves.   

2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

So you agree that handing out rakes is the answer to our immigration policy?  I'm all for it.  But what are you lefities going say when you are accused of human trafficking and slavery?  What if they refuse to rake?

4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

And yet nobody is actually advocating that. Following the rules on asylum? probably.  rakes may not be included with this offer, ditto Democratic voting cards.

There are open border advocates here, Mrleft8 for example. There are many others trying to sell the notion that illegal immigration is a contrived issue.

31 minutes ago, Dog said:

There are open border advocates here, Mrleft8 for example. There are many others trying to sell the notion that illegal immigration is a contrived issue.

Hold on there Buckwheat.

When did I ever say I was an "Open border" advocate?

I am absolutely against illegal immigration.

I think it ought to apply equally, and across all borders, not just the southern one directed at brown people.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

In addition to Mrleft8 calling “bullshit” on your allegation about him, I take issue with “contrived”.  That sounds like you are saying people deny it exists.

Sure, there is illegal immigration. Many like me feel it is being sensationalized by the President and used as a dog-whistle to gin up some outrage among the Faithful. 

10 hours ago, Dog said:

This vapid topic is about as real as the Ebola scare of a couple years back. You bought that one too.  you are one gullible asshole.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Either the US has a say in who can come here or we do not. That is it, plain and simple. Anything more is complete BS. Anything more is political fodder.

Imagine!

6 minutes ago, VOA said:

It pales alongside your vapid comments.

Hugs and kisses.

5 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Either the US has a say in who can come here or we do not. That is it, plain and simple. Anything more is complete BS. Anything more is political fodder.

Who is the "US"?

The United States of America are (theoretically) Of the people, by the people and for the people. Not for the corporations, the wealthiest people, or the people who have been here the longest (excluding the remnants of the native population, of course!).

1 hour ago, VOA said:

It pales alongside your vapid comments.

no, no it does not, fear monger.

don't look now, but there's a brown 'terrist' hiding under your kitchen table.

you 'righties' (especially the 'murican variety) are gullible and you're fkg loony, that's why you're laughed at and ridiculed by the global majority who're more evolved.

57 minutes ago, VOA said:

Go away, little boy. Your vapid attempts to insult are wasted. If you would like to talk like an adult I will entertain the conversation, till then, you can bugger off.

here's some 'adult' talk; it's not an insult, it'a reality check. you're the proud owner of that shit.

that you apparently associate yourself with a demographic of gullible, largely irrational clowns who perpetuate a culture of fear. here's my fkg 'link'- reality.

that's all you have you smug asshole??

bitch, fuck you, my words were clearly presented, you just can't say fk all to dispute them.

13 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:
14 hours ago, Dog said:

Hold on there Buckwheat.

I'm actually the closest you'll be able to find, Dog, and even I am not one.

Some of my elk are, though. And I'm always suspicious of anything that makes peaceful behavior illegal. Crossing a border is a peaceful behavior to me. If citizens and goods can't do it, the leaves only soldiers who can, which is not a peaceful option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

Some of my elk are, though. And I'm always suspicious of anything that makes peaceful behavior illegal. Crossing a border is a peaceful behavior to me. If citizens and goods can't do it, the leaves only soldiers who can, which is not a peaceful option.

Sorry Tom

237..."Let them in? You want to know if we should let them in? We shouldn't "let them in." We should spring our doors open and pull them in and help them find the same dream for the United States of America that our grandparents had for this country"...Mikwolf  (Raz'r  "liked" that one)

239..."Yes, Thanks. Drag them in. I had hinted at that way ^ up there somewhere. But not so boldly. The bigots will just need to get over it. Maybe another hundred years will do it"....El Boracho

250...I advocate open borders. Yes.

We have open borders between states because borders impede the flow of knowledge, of ideas, of commerce, of progress.

The USA was blessed by thy mighty hand of God to be given neighbors like Canada and Mexico. Our triad of countries has created remarkable things, and we've done so in peace and security for generations. 

And at some point inthefuture.com, we'll need the labor from Mexico as much as now, but we'll admit it to ourselves as an expression of public policy. And we'll need the water and food from Canada to save our lives, and then we'll be glad that we opened that border with Canada.

Will opening our borders open us to attacks from terrorists and criminals?

Borders don't stop criminals, borders only stop the honest, the broken, the parent who has lost a child or a husband and at that final barrier, they break as delicate things break.

I mean it sincerely. My basement can accommodate a small family while they transition to life in the USA. This is my country too, it's the country our parents built for us. My parents taught me to share. Your parents taught you to share. We can share our country. Sharing our country is what made us truly great for nearly 250 years. It's what will continue to make us great"....Mikewolf

270..." They're escaping their nightmares. Come on in, I say"....austin 1972

I could go on.

15 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Hold on there Buckwheat.

I am absolutely against illegal immigration.

I think it ought to apply equally, and across all borders, not just the southern one directed at brown people.

"Perfectly seriously here..... Why not let these people in, hand them rakes, and bus them to the forests. After 5 years of raking, if there's no more fires, they can stay". Mrleft8

I'm sorry, you're only for open borders if there are no forest fires.

41 minutes ago, Dog said:

"Perfectly seriously here..... Why not let these people in, hand them rakes, and bus them to the forests. After 5 years of raking, if there's no more fires, they can stay". Mrleft8

That's not "open borders". That's a well managed immigration policy.

14 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:
57 minutes ago, Dog said:

That's not "open borders". That's a well managed immigration policy.

For people who operate in a binary world, you are either for closed borders or open borders.  If you tolerate anyone having access, no matter what the process involves, you are in support of completely open borders.  You want everyone to stream in.  You are jeopardizing our country.  You must be labeled as such and opposed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

First of all, actually the closest you'll find here is clove hoof.  He's openly said there should be no borders at all, IIRC.

2ndly, I don't consider crossing a border illegally to be a peaceful activity.  Try it in a lot of countries and you will get shot on sight.  Most countries in the world have laws that will get you put in jail.  Illegally crossing a border is injurious to the country whose border you just illegally crossed.  It's not a peaceful activity like growing pot in your backyard for personal use.  It has real consequences and harms others.  

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Sorry Tom

237..."Let them in? You want to know if we should let them in? We shouldn't "let them in." We should spring our doors open and pull them in and help them find the same dream for the United States of America that our grandparents had for this country"...Mikwolf  (Raz'r  "liked" that one)

239..."Yes, Thanks. Drag them in. I had hinted at that way ^ up there somewhere. But not so boldly. The bigots will just need to get over it. Maybe another hundred years will do it"....El Boracho

250...I advocate open borders. Yes.

We have open borders between states because borders impede the flow of knowledge, of ideas, of commerce, of progress.

The USA was blessed by thy mighty hand of God to be given neighbors like Canada and Mexico. Our triad of countries has created remarkable things, and we've done so in peace and security for generations. 

And at some point inthefuture.com, we'll need the labor from Mexico as much as now, but we'll admit it to ourselves as an expression of public policy. And we'll need the water and food from Canada to save our lives, and then we'll be glad that we opened that border with Canada.

Will opening our borders open us to attacks from terrorists and criminals?

Borders don't stop criminals, borders only stop the honest, the broken, the parent who has lost a child or a husband and at that final barrier, they break as delicate things break.

I mean it sincerely. My basement can accommodate a small family while they transition to life in the USA. This is my country too, it's the country our parents built for us. My parents taught me to share. Your parents taught you to share. We can share our country. Sharing our country is what made us truly great for nearly 250 years. It's what will continue to make us great"....Mikewolf

270..." They're escaping their nightmares. Come on in, I say"....austin 1972

I could go on.

Good for them, but the real extremists mean borders that are open to people and trade with few or no restrictions or even opportunities for restrictions.

In other words, open borders people would only say the bolded part of this, not the rest.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:48 PM, mikewof said:

And a tariff is absolutely not a tax. Unlike tax, tariffs are enabled by The Constitution! They are designed to protect nascent and sensitive industries in a way that tax could never accomplish. For sensitive industries, a tariff is more of a long term investment. 

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

2ndly, I don't consider crossing a border illegally to be a peaceful activity. 

I think it can be. For example, packing to go to Trinidad, I picked up the bag that had a few extra pockets on it. That was my reason. I needed pockets.

It turns out that having a camo-pattern bag is an illegal way to cross that border. It didn't occur to me that picking the bag I did was not a peaceful activity and it still seems pretty peaceful to me. Didn't to them. Does it to you?

5 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

First of all, actually the closest you'll find here is clove hoof.  He's openly said there should be no borders at all, IIRC.

2ndly, I don't consider crossing a border illegally to be a peaceful activity.  Try it in a lot of countries and you will get shot on sight.  Most countries in the world have laws that will get you put in jail.  Illegally crossing a border is injurious to the country whose border you just illegally crossed.  It's not a peaceful activity like growing pot in your backyard for personal use.  It has real consequences and harms others.  

Uh huh. And you're trying to make the point that the USA is not one of those countries?

Next time you fly into the US, tell the CBP agents to go fuck themselves, and dash toward the parking lot.........

-DSK

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Uh huh. And you're trying to make the point that the USA is not one of those countries?

Next time you fly into the US, tell the CBP agents to go fuck themselves, and dash toward the parking lot.........

-DSK

You must be responding to someone else, because I've never given any indication that I believe that.  The US most definitely has laws that will put you in jail if you illegally cross the border.  The issue is we have enforced that very irregularly and sometimes not at all (sanctuary cities).  I was simply responding to tom's open border comment.  I don't consider crossing an international border where doing so without going through the correct legal process to be a "peaceful activity".  Its not.  Its an illegal activity with real harm involved to the affected nation.

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

For people who operate in a binary world, you are either for closed borders or open borders.  If you tolerate anyone having access, no matter what the process involves, you are in support of completely open borders.  You want everyone to stream in.  You are jeopardizing our country.  You must be labeled as such and opposed.

I for one support access with a rational process. An immigration policy based on forest fires seems a bit arbitrary.

2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You must be responding to someone else, because I've never given any indication that I believe that.  The US most definitely has laws that will put you in jail if you illegally cross the border.  The issue is we have enforced that very irregularly and sometimes not at all (sanctuary cities).  I was simply responding to tom's open border comment.  I don't consider crossing an international border where doing so without going through the correct legal process to be a "peaceful activity".  Its not.  Its an illegal activity with real harm involved to the affected nation.

OK, thanks for clarifying

-DSK