Mid

Migrant Caravan

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

If you have no insurance there is.

Yeah...just try it.

My wife's mom was hospitalized with bleeding in the brain with no insurance.  She died after three days on life support.  The hospital took her house.  And her pitiful estate.  And her car.  

She did, however, get a couple of pretty tasty intravenous "free lunches" while she was still "alive".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

#MAGA is all that matters and America is voting for that.

Proving that you don't know how to count.  Troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

If you buy insurance you do too.

Lets see the options

Go to the emergency room some cost in incurred in treatment

Pay out of your own pocket - Costs nobody but the actual consumer of the service.

No insurance - The law says you must be served - Company adds the cost to expenses and passes it on to other consumers in the form of higher prices

Buy insurance and spread the load.  The healthy pay for the sick You pay in the form of insurance premiums

Medicaid - The government pays and takes the money from you in the form of taxes.

You probably wouldn't understand TANSTAAFL so let me spell it out for you  THERE AIN'T NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH

 

why should i have to pay higher prices to a providor because slackers can't be bothered to pay for themselves? Why shouldn't they be forced to pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

why should i have to pay higher prices to a providor because slackers can't be bothered to pay for themselves? Why shouldn't they be forced to pay?

Hannity and Rush could have made that case and ALL the Righties would have bought it.  Frame it as us paying healthcare for darker-skinned people and  you'd have a mad rush

to implement Romneycare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Hannity and Rush could have made that case and ALL the Righties would have bought it.  Frame it as us paying healthcare for darker-skinned people and  you'd have a mad rush

to implement Romneycare.

Given that there are more whites than black on Medicaid why do you need to use racist rhetoric?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

winning isn't trolling.

Then you are by definition a troll. 

The *resident got spanked.  Not that he doesn't enjoy that, apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Not guilty said:

really... let me check that...

1q4qpz.jpg

#winning

Yep, still a lying asshole. Running your country down the drain with the adulation of the idiocracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Looks like an abortion omelette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus @Bus Driver, when are you going to finally put Deplorable on ignore? It's not like you to waste your time on sad excuses like him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice that when the Repubs stopped sending money the caravan disappeared?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Republicans the caravan is like the porn they were watching 15 minutes ago.  It's achieved its purpose and nothing could be less interesting or important now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Given that there are more whites than black on Medicaid why do you need to use racist rhetoric?

 

Aren't they disproportionately using the services as they are disproportionately prone to violence and abortions and illnesses (you know which ones) and flies and the sulphur stink..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

Aren't they disproportionately using the services as they are disproportionately prone to violence and abortions and illnesses (you know which ones) and flies and the sulphur stink..

I don't think so but why don't you research it and get back to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

President Trump's entire agenda can be distilled to the following 7 words - Whatever President Obama did, do the opposite.

Well, all democrat voters may not necessarily like having a black President.  But all Republican voters fucking hated it and want to scrub being led by a slave descendant from their memory.  Even things that were good.  Trump knows this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I don't think so but why don't you research it and get back to us.

A guy with an amazing reputation who the president doesn't want to let down says it's so, he is hard core while Hannity and Rush are soft core but same demographics with a lot of bleedover.

 

20 hours ago, Mike G said:

Hannity and Rush could have made that case and ALL the Righties would have bought it.  Frame it as us paying healthcare for darker-skinned people and  you'd have a mad rush

to implement Romneycare.

Research doesn't matter, with the ignorant and proud of it majority of US population it is the spin and airtime that forms opinions which are then believed as facts. The guys peddling hate and fear are aware of what they are doing and still do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 11/9/2018 at 1:44 PM, Not guilty said:

Sorry you pathetic loser, #winning isn't trolling.

Are you ammohomosexual come back from the dead???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, bugger said:

How sad. 

The United States used to set high goals for science, art, exploration and technology. 

So now the best you can hope for is a president that undoes what the last guy did? 

So I imagine that, if today, a president announced a program to "send a man to the moon and return him safely".  The next president would campaign on not doing that. 

We are witnessing the decline of America. 

 

Well, you got to admit, we are explorin’ like crazy for oil and gas!

BUGGER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J28 said:

Well, you got to admit, we are explorin’ like crazy for oil and gas!

BUGGER!

 

3 hours ago, J28 said:

Well, you got to admit, we are explorin’ like crazy for oil and gas!

BUGGER!

If Exxon found oil under the National mall, they'd find a way to pass legislation to get at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

 

If Exxon found oil under the National mall, they'd find a way to pass legislation to get at it.

They could get a gallon a day just by tapping Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deployed Inside the United States: The Military Waits for the Migrant Caravan

With little electricity, no combat pay and holidays away from home, the 5,600 American troops on the southwest border are on a mission ordered by a politically determined commander in chief and a Pentagon unable to convince him of its perils.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/10/us/deployed-inside-the-united-states-the-military-waits-for-the-migrant-caravan.html

 

chin up boys , least it's not raining ..........................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yanno..... If people would start calling it a "Parade" instead of a "Caravan", Trump would be clapping his little hands and jumping for joy!

 Trump loves parades!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 11/7/2018 at 2:26 PM, Sean said:

Caravan? What caravan?

The election is over. 

Told ya so.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Told ya so.....

Most of us didn’t need to be told. But the True Believers...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sean said:

Most of us didn’t need to be told. But the True Believers...... 

I didn’t even need to develop a SOLution to this, like I did with the Great Ebola Get Out The Vote Drive of 2014. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I didn’t even need to develop a SOLution to this, like I did with the Great Ebola Get Out The Vote Drive of 2014. 

Those were the days! You saved millions of lives, yet I haven’t seen a single monument extolling the virtue of your contribution to humanity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
58 minutes ago, Sean said:
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I didn’t even need to develop a SOLution to this, like I did with the Great Ebola Get Out The Vote Drive of 2014. 

Those were the days! You saved millions of lives, yet I haven’t seen a single monument extolling the virtue of your contribution to humanity. 

It will be the greatest monument known to mankind.  Belief me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on how many still in this invasion force? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mad said:

Any updates on how many still in this invasion force? 

According to Voice for America (https://www.voanews.com/a/migrant-caravan-begins-next-stage-of-its-journey/4652254.html) the first tranche started moving again Friday.

While looking that up, I ran into an interesting article from Mother Jones (https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2018/11/what-drove-media-coverage-of-the-migrant-caravan/) - mostly because it confirms my bias  :P:

 

"There’s always a chicken-and-egg problem with this stuff. Does public interest drive media coverage, which is perfectly normal, or does media coverage drive public interest? If the latter, what drives the media coverage in the first place? In this case, media coverage seems to mostly follow Trump, not the specific events that would be newsworthy on their own merits. This suggests that, in fact, they’re taking their cues from Trump and Fox News more than they are from their own independent news judgment. But honestly, it’s hard to say for sure, isn’t it?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

DFA49A0D-FBF4-4C3E-B457-EA41CEECBC50.jpeg

And posting that helps? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Soros didn't pay these "actors" in full.  

They've gone and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, since Thursday, FOX & Drumph have lot interest in the caravan - what a surprise. 

And I am really disappointed that the US military, officers and enlisted, went along with being used for a 

blatantly political charade. 

Their oath requires them to refuse illegal orders, which this clearly was. 

This is informative . . . https://www.truthdig.com/articles/veterans-call-on-troops-to-refuse-deployment-to-southern-border/

And note that the Drumph also called for firing on rock throwers - which is a war crime.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mad said:

And posting that helps? 

Come on mad, nothing we post in here "helps". No-one is going to be changing their mind in this thread and, as such, no-one is going to change anything in the US regardless of what's painted in here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
15 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Their oath requires them to refuse illegal orders, which this clearly was. 

It was a stupid order, but what was "clearly illegal" about it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The caravans are not the problem,” said Tonatiuh Guillén López, who will take over as head of Mexico’s National Migration Institute, known as INAMI, when the new administration takes office on Dec. 1. “The issue is the movements we do not see, those who are not in the caravan, that is the big issue.”  

"The numbers are reaching levels not seen for more than a decade, said Ernesto Rodríguez Chávez, a migration scholar at the Colegio de la Frontera Norte, a government-funded think tank with offices along the northern border and Mexico City".

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-california/sd-me-mexico-immigration-20181111-story.html

"Illegal immigrant families shattered the old records and snuck into the country at record rates in October, according to new numbers released Friday. A staggering 23,121 parents and children traveling as families were caught jumping the border last month. That’s nearly 40 percent higher than any month on record. It’s also nearly 400 percent more than the number recorded just a year ago".

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/9/illegal-immigrant-families-shattered-record-octobe/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
18 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Their oath requires them to refuse illegal orders, which this clearly was. 

It was a stupid order, but what was "clearly illegal" about it?  

Saw an Army Master Sargent on the news, he said it was poorly done on many levels (I was actually surprised he said that in front of reporters) but that it was all perfectly lawful as far as the Army was concerned.

(edit to add)  It may or may not be lawful to order the Army to shoot unarmed civilians, even non-citizens, inside the borders of the USA. That is a proposition which I seriously hope will not be tested.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deploying the military to the border in a support role does not violate the Posse Comitatus Act.  They would simply be backing up the NG, as has been done in the past.

Now, if they are carrying weapons and fire upon rock-throwing migrants, you might have a hard time classifying that as "support". 

Maybe not to the Faithful.  But, to Americans who give a shit about the rule of law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congress has the purse strings, and the power to declare war (authorize the use of force) 

It's been so long since Congress has done its job that people have forgotten what that job is . .  

Obama asked Congress to authorize the use of force in Iraq and Syria - they wouldn't even hold hearings. 

The drone wars in Africa and South Asia are also illegal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Come on mad, nothing we post in here "helps". No-one is going to be changing their mind in this thread and, as such, no-one is going to change anything in the US regardless of what's painted in here.

Good point.:P

Somebody should let Joe over in the multiple gun threads  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Deploying the military to the border in a support role does not violate the Posse Comitatus Act.  They would simply be backing up the NG, as has been done in the past.

Now, if they are carrying weapons and fire upon rock-throwing migrants, you might have a hard time classifying that as "support". 

Maybe not to the Faithful.  But, to Americans who give a shit about the rule of law.

Neither the Army or the NG will fire on rock-throwing migrants attempting to cross the border.  You have been trolled if you think there is a chance in hell of that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dog said:

“The caravans are not the problem,” said Tonatiuh Guillén López, who will take over as head of Mexico’s National Migration Institute, known as INAMI, when the new administration takes office on Dec. 1. “The issue is the movements we do not see, those who are not in the caravan, that is the big issue.”  

"The numbers are reaching levels not seen for more than a decade, said Ernesto Rodríguez Chávez, a migration scholar at the Colegio de la Frontera Norte, a government-funded think tank with offices along the northern border and Mexico City".

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-california/sd-me-mexico-immigration-20181111-story.html

"Illegal immigrant families shattered the old records and snuck into the country at record rates in October, according to new numbers released Friday. A staggering 23,121 parents and children traveling as families were caught jumping the border last month. That’s nearly 40 percent higher than any month on record. It’s also nearly 400 percent more than the number recorded just a year ago".

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/9/illegal-immigrant-families-shattered-record-octobe/

So they were caught? Doesn't that make you do a happy dance?

Certainly even at those levels, nothing close to the numbers let in by Clinton/Bush to staff the building boom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Neither the Army or the NG will fire on rock-throwing migrants attempting to cross the border.  You have been trolled if you think there is a chance in hell of that happening.

Does the motor pool even bother to carry weapons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Neither the Army or the NG will fire on rock-throwing migrants attempting to cross the border.  You have been trolled if you think there is a chance in hell of that happening.

I know that.  Just borrowing a page from Rush's book and "Demonstrating Absurdity By Being Absurd."

Did anyone tell the President?  It was his idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

So they were caught? Doesn't that make you do a happy dance?

Certainly even at those levels, nothing close to the numbers let in by Clinton/Bush to staff the building boom.

That's just families aprehended, 50000 total were aprehended in September but how many were not aprehended?  Do you still think there's no problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
45 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Neither the Army or the NG will fire on rock-throwing migrants attempting to cross the border.  You have been trolled if you think there is a chance in hell of that happening.

I know that.  Just borrowing a page from Rush's book and "Demonstrating Absurdity By Being Absurd."

Did anyone tell the President?  It was his idea.

Really? Wanna bet?

kent-state.jpg

I would love to believe you're correct, but sadly, I can't

-DSK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dog said:

That's just families aprehended, 50000 total were aprehended in September but how many were not aprehended?  Do you still think there's no problem?

It proves the point that the border security is working. 

Now - a little math problem for you:

Is 50,000 > 6,000?

Why are you so afraid of the "caravan."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Really? Wanna bet?

kent-state.jpg

I would love to believe you're correct, but sadly, I can't

-DSK

I assume that is directed at Jeff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

It proves the point that the border security is working. 

Now - a little math problem for you:

Is 50,000 > 6,000?

Why are you so afraid of the "caravan."

No, it doesn't prove border security is working and as Tonatiuh Guillén López  said...“The issue is the movements we do not see, those who are not in the caravan, that is the big issue.”  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I assume that is directed at Jeff.

Mostly.

Reminding us all how far wrong things can go. These days I'm wondering if the country ever got better from Nixon's poison. Seems like a lot of the shit has been bubbling all along

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dog said:

No, it doesn't prove border security is working and as Tonatiuh Guillén López  said...“The issue is the movements we do not see, those who are not in the caravan, that is the big issue.”  

So why all the whining 2 weeks ago about the "THE CARAVAN IS COMING"

you really are a pussy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firing on migrants? 

Here is Drumph's take . .  

"Asked if the military troops being sent to the border might fire on migrants, Trump responded, "I hope not." But he quickly added, "Anybody throwing rocks ... we will consider that a firearm.”" (abc news) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

So why all the whining 2 weeks ago about the "THE CARAVAN IS COMING"

you really are a pussy.

The issue is border security... I want it, you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dog said:

The issue is border security... I want it, you don't.

incorrect, The issue is border security. You feel that there is never enough. I opine that the data suggests we're pretty good at it, and have reached the point of diminishing returns for incremental investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

It proves the point that the border security is working. 

Now - a little math problem for you:

Is 50,000 > 6,000?

Why are you so afraid of the "caravan."

Actually, no, it doesn't.  There is a whole lot of border where there are crossings with few apprehensions. 

Basing your number of illegal crossings on apprehensions is like basing your estimate of drug users on arrests.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

Actually, no, it doesn't.  There is a whole lot of border where there are crossings with few apprehensions. 

Basing your number of illegal crossings on apprehensions is like basing your estimate of drug users on arrests.

 

I base it on the estimates of the change in the illegal population. all signs are basically flat since we stopped importing construction workers to feed the housing binge. No jobs, no migration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just (very intentionally naively) wondering here....Why is the immigration of some thousands of typically hard-working, mostly young healthy people and families such a problem?  Why are people in such a snit?  Really why?

With unemployment at low levels, the birth rate falling wages starting to rise and the menial jobs in Trumps hotels going begging, what, really is the problem?  Skin color?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we were really serious, we'd go after the folks who hire those here without documentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Left Shift said:

Just (very intentionally naively) wondering here....Why is the immigration of some thousands of typically hard-working, mostly young healthy people and families such a problem?  Why are people in such a snit?  Really why?

With unemployment at low levels, the birth rate falling wages starting to rise and the menial jobs in Trumps hotels going begging, what, really is the problem?  Skin color?

The real argument is legal vs. illegal immigration much as you want to avoid it.  Those you cite aren't the problem and could likely meet current visa requirements. 

This guy, maybe not so much.

ms13.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

If we were really serious, we'd go after the folks who hire those here without documentation.

Yes.  That would be a good start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mad said:

Good point.:P

Somebody should let Joe over in the multiple gun threads  :lol:

You don't think I haven't? That boy thinks he's actually convinced people in the forum of his stance on guns and that's why they're not around any longer. 

For some, the delusion runs real deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saorsa said:

The real argument is legal vs. illegal immigration much as you want to avoid it.  Those you cite aren't the problem and could likely meet current visa requirements. 

This guy, maybe not so much.

ms13.jpg

He probably grew up in Queens and got shipped by INS to El Salvador.  

At any rate, his passport photo might not do him justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Does the motor pool even bother to carry weapons?

Probably not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
9 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
10 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Neither the Army or the NG will fire on rock-throwing migrants attempting to cross the border.  You have been trolled if you think there is a chance in hell of that happening.

I know that.  Just borrowing a page from Rush's book and "Demonstrating Absurdity By Being Absurd."

Did anyone tell the President?  It was his idea.

Whew, you had me worried there for a moment.  I thought you had gone all happlylarky on us or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dog said:

The issue is border security... I want it, you don't.

You want it, but what are you willing to do about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Just (very intentionally naively) wondering here....Why is the immigration of some thousands of typically hard-working, mostly young healthy people and families such a problem?  Why are people in such a snit?  Really why?

With unemployment at low levels, the birth rate falling wages starting to rise and the menial jobs in Trumps hotels going begging, what, really is the problem?  Skin color?

Because they aren't from Norway! They're brown skinned people who eat beans and rice!

 Only northern European people are desirable in the Trump era!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
7 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Just (very intentionally naively) wondering here....Why is the immigration of some thousands of typically hard-working, mostly young healthy people and families such a problem?  Why are people in such a snit?  Really why?

With unemployment at low levels, the birth rate falling wages starting to rise and the menial jobs in Trumps hotels going begging, what, really is the problem?  Skin color?

I can't speak for everyone, but skin color is not the issue for me.  For some, I have no doubt it is.  But I think they are the minority.  For me it is about process and the rule of law.  And principle and fairness.  We have immigration laws in this country that we essentially ignore or apply totally unevenly.  People sneak across the border to take what they have neither earned or are legally entitled to.  I've said a million X here that I am not against "immigration".  I am against ILLEGAL immigration.  There is a difference.  And our immigration system is broken.  I am a huge proponent of legal immigration.  I want to expand it, and make it easier to come and stay here LEGALLY.  We should have guest worker programs that make going back and forth across the border as easy as going down to Home depot to buy an assault hammer.  

We need to fix our system, period.  But our national pol's lack of will and courage to address this doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to the abuses of it in the meantime. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dog said:

That's just families aprehended, 50000 total were aprehended in September but how many were not aprehended?  Do you still think there's no problem?

50,000 apprehended in September?

 Got a cite for that...... Not counting infowars, or FOX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I can't speak for everyone, but skin color is not the issue for me.  For some, I have no doubt it is.  But I think they are the minority.  For me it is about process and the rule of law.  And principle and fairness.  We have immigration laws in this country that we essentially ignore or apply totally unevenly.  People sneak across the border to take what they have neither earned or are legally entitled to.  I've said a million X here that I am not against "immigration".  I am against ILLEGAL immigration.  There is a difference.  And our immigration system is broken.  I am a huge proponent of legal immigration.  I want to expand it, and make it easier to come and stay here LEGALLY.  We should have guest worker programs that make going back and forth across the border as easy as going down to Home depot to buy an assault hammer.  

We need to fix our system, period.  But our national pol's lack of will and courage to address this doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to the abuses of it in the meantime. 

 

Fix what, exactly? Like you say, there are laws and by and large, they are followed.

no “caravan” in Mexico changes that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

If we were really serious, we'd go after the folks who hire those here without documentation.

Yep, been saying the same here for years.  But neither side seems willing to do that.  Which to me proves its all a game.  Both sides of the aisle wink to each other about immigration and get just enough mad at each other publically make it look like they are fighting for their "core beliefs", but I think behind closed doors they (Rs and Ds) are all slapping each other on the backs and congratulating themselves on how stupid the Murican public really is.  

Which a part of me thinks that's what makes people so angry and nervous about trump.  He seems actually serious about this immigration thing (at times) - and I think they see him upsetting the apple cart and fucking up a good scam.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I can't speak for everyone, but skin color is not the issue for me.  For some, I have no doubt it is.  But I think they are the minority.  For me it is about process and the rule of law.  And principle and fairness.  We have immigration laws in this country that we essentially ignore or apply totally unevenly.  People sneak across the border to take what they have neither earned or are legally entitled to.  I've said a million X here that I am not against "immigration".  I am against ILLEGAL immigration.  There is a difference.  And our immigration system is broken.  I am a huge proponent of legal immigration.  I want to expand it, and make it easier to come and stay here LEGALLY.  We should have guest worker programs that make going back and forth across the border as easy as going down to Home depot to buy an assault hammer.  

We need to fix our system, period.  But our national pol's lack of will and courage to address this doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to the abuses of it in the meantime. 

 

It's not about the process or the law.

 It's about the language they speak, the food they eat, the communities they form, and yes, the color of their skin.

How many Irish sneak into this country every year and blend in to the crowd, and bullshit their way into a life they could never have on the emerald isle?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Raz'r said:

Fix what, exactly? Like you say, there are laws and by and large, they are followed.

no “caravan” in Mexico changes that.

No they are not mostly being followed!   Ever hear of the term "sanctuary city"?  Where did the 10-13 million illegal immigrants in this country come from and how have they remained in the US for decades now?  

You're right though.... no caravan in Mexico changes the fact that Millions of people are in the US illegally and we've essentially just looked the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

How many Irish sneak into this country every year and blend in to the crowd, and bullshit their way into a life they could never have on the emerald isle?

 

Dunno, why don't you provide some cites for those numbers?

Edit: and if an Irishman or a Norwegian sneaks into this country or overstays a visa - I want them arrested and deported too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No they are not mostly being followed!   Ever hear of the term "sanctuary city"?  Where did the 10-13 million illegal immigrants in this country come from and how have they remained in the US for decades now?  

You're right though.... no caravan in Mexico changes the fact that Millions of people are in the US illegally and we've essentially just looked the other way.

They don't all come through the southern border.

I think that you'll find, if you bother to look it up, that most illegals in this country come in through airports.

 (And no, I'm not doing your leg work for you)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Dunno, why don't you provide some cites for those numbers?

Edit: and if an Irishman or a Norwegian sneaks into this country or overstays a visa - I want them arrested and deported too!

Then go hunt them down, and bring 'em in!

 It's easy to do. They don't look like me, or sound like me. They should be easy to spot!

 Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

They don't all come through the southern border.

I think that you'll find, if you bother to look it up, that most illegals in this country come in through airports.

 (And no, I'm not doing your leg work for you)

I am well aware of that and don't disagree.  And that needs to be fixed as well as fixing the porous border.

As I said, I don't care if you're a Norwegian or a Honduran - come here legally and I will kiss you on the mouth in person when you arrive.  If you come here illegally OR stay illegally - I'll be the first to put a boot up your ass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A brown skinned family lives in a motel down the road. The father goes and finds local labor jobs as the seasons change. The mother cleans the rooms at the motel, and the kids entertain themselves.

 Are they illegal, or refugees from a hurricane in Puerto Rico?

A blond couple are staying with "relatives" a few blocks away.

 The husband says he's a researcher doing a dissertation on the microbial bacteria on the epidermis of felines, and the relationship of those with SIDS. The mother has a job cashing out groceries at the local food mart. The kids are enrolled in the local school as "visiting juveniles, residing in town".

Are they illegals, or are they academics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No they are not mostly being followed!   Ever hear of the term "sanctuary city"?  Where did the 10-13 million illegal immigrants in this country come from and how have they remained in the US for decades now?  

You're right though.... no caravan in Mexico changes the fact that Millions of people are in the US illegally and we've essentially just looked the other way.

Yep, and when they are caught they are deported. So what’s the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I am well aware of that and don't disagree.  And that needs to be fixed as well as fixing the porous border.

As I said, I don't care if you're a Norwegian or a Honduran - come here legally and I will kiss you on the mouth in person when you arrive.  If you come here illegally OR stay illegally - I'll be the first to put a boot up your ass.  

Most illegals arrive on planes. 

Shoot all the planes down? That would certainly have an effect. A Trumpian one even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Yep, and when they are caught they are deported. So what’s the problem?

Um...The problem is border security.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Furthermore, I have said here before that if I were Emperor for a day - my immigration reform would include a radical new proposal to solve our labor shortage and social security payment shortfall.

I will trade 3 for 1 - three South and Central American hardworking immigrants can come here with full citizenship rights for every one gang-banger, white trash meth head, white supremacist, Jerry Springer watching wife beating asshole and any other shitbags I can send south in exchange.  

Hell, I'll sweeten the pot and make it 4 for 1.  And what they do with those shitbags "Americans" I send down south in exchange is not my concern.  They can turn them into Solyent Green for all I care.....  Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Furthermore, I have said here before that if I were Emperor for a day - my immigration reform would include a radical new proposal to solve our labor shortage and social security payment shortfall.

I will trade 3 for 1 - three South and Central American hardworking immigrants can come here with full citizenship rights for every one gang-banger, white trash meth head, white supremacist, Jerry Springer watching wife beating asshole and any other shitbags I can send south in exchange.  

Hell, I'll sweeten the pot and make it 4 for 1.  And what they do with those shitbags "Americans" I send down south in exchange is not my concern.  They can turn them into Solyent Green for all I care.....  Just saying.

Why send them "south"? Why not send them to Norway, or Ireland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Yep, and when they are caught they are deported. So what’s the problem?

No they are not.  They are typically released into the US and told to show up for a court date in 18-24 months and most never show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Why send them "south"? Why not send them to Norway, or Ireland?

…..or Canada?...…….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Mrleft8 said:

Why send them "south"? Why not send them to Norway, or Ireland?

I frankly don't care where they go.  I'm more than happy to set them adrift on an SJ24 with Rimas to end up in the great Pacific garbage swirl.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

No they are not.  They are typically released into the US and told to show up for a court date in 18-24 months and most never show up.

Not true. Most do show up for their hearings. Trouble is the backlog is so long that a lot of cases get dropped.

 Look it up. Once again, I'm not doing your leg work for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I frankly don't care where they go.  I'm more than happy to set them adrift on an SJ24 with Rimas to end up in the great Pacific garbage swirl.  

Then why don't you just line them up against the bit of wall that Trump says is being built, and shoot them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Not true. Most do show up for their hearings. Trouble is the backlog is so long that a lot of cases get dropped.

 Look it up. Once again, I'm not doing your leg work for you.

The backlog is so long?????  Really?  Raazr mitch says that there is no illegal immigration and that our system is working like a swiss watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:
3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I frankly don't care where they go.  I'm more than happy to set them adrift on an SJ24 with Rimas to end up in the great Pacific garbage swirl.  

Then why don't you just line them up against the bit of wall that Trump says is being built, and shoot them?

That's a bit harsh even for me.  I don't want the blood on my hands, but I'm more than happy to let nature take its course.  Its a shame we don't have a big barren island we could send them all to and let them all kill each other off.  And such. 

Unfortunately, AUS is already being used for that purpose.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dog said:

Um...The problem is border security.

And the border in question is in airports. Shoot me down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites