Mid

Migrant Caravan

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

It's not about the process or the law.

It's about the language they speak, the food they eat, the communities they form, and yes, the color of their skin.

And btw - fuck off with this racist projection BS of yours.  You may be racist against brown people..... but don't assume the rest of us are

47 minutes ago, VOA said:

Don't the majority arrive as legals? Then overstay and become illegal?

Yes

Dog and Jeff aren’t all that concerned with them. I wonder why?

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

The Invasion has Begun!

LGBT MIGRANTS LEAVE CARAVAN OVER 'DISCRIMINATION,' REACH CALIFORNIA BORDER

https://www.newsweek.com/lgbt-migrants-leave-caravan-over-discrimination-reach-california-border-1211251

LGBT migrants face bulling at home and in caravan

You'd think the Telegraph could at least proof read headlines 

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/lgbt-migrants-face-bulling-at-home-and-in-caravan/video/1852e5e3759183a61935f51dfd81f715?nk=c1ca19c5e1e5d34b7ac353c05dc1b412-1542090647

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And btw - fuck off with this racist projection BS of yours.  You may be racist against brown people..... but don't assume the rest of us are

EnviousZigzagArchaeopteryx-size_restrict

20 hours ago, Dog said:

“The caravans are not the problem,” said Tonatiuh Guillén López, who will take over as head of Mexico’s National Migration Institute, known as INAMI, when the new administration takes office on Dec. 1. “The issue is the movements we do not see, those who are not in the caravan, that is the big issue.”  

"The numbers are reaching levels not seen for more than a decade, said Ernesto Rodríguez Chávez, a migration scholar at the Colegio de la Frontera Norte, a government-funded think tank with offices along the northern border and Mexico City".

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-california/sd-me-mexico-immigration-20181111-story.html

"Illegal immigrant families shattered the old records and snuck into the country at record rates in October, according to new numbers released Friday. A staggering 23,121 parents and children traveling as families were caught jumping the border last month. That’s nearly 40 percent higher than any month on record. It’s also nearly 400 percent more than the number recorded just a year ago".

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/9/illegal-immigrant-families-shattered-record-octobe/

DogLovesTrump.jpg.45935874effef3b7b1ce37ff636a4fef.jpg

17 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Congress has the purse strings, and the power to declare war (authorize the use of force)  

It's been so long since Congress has done its job that people have forgotten what that job is . .  

Obama asked Congress to authorize the use of force in Iraq and Syria - they wouldn't even hold hearings. 

Possibly because they already did their job in 2001 and authorized any use of force against 9/11 perps.

How do we know there are 9/11 perps in the caravan? It's a secret. But we know!

17 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

The drone wars in Africa and South Asia are also illegal. 

Those crafty 9/11 perps are EVERYWHERE I tell you! Again, it's a secret how we know this, but we know!

8 hours ago, Raz'r said:

And the border in question is in airports. Shoot me down?

No. the thread is about migrants arriving at the southern border.

People arriving at airports is a good topic too. Why don't you start a thread about it?

17 hours ago, Raz'r said:

incorrect, The issue is border security. You feel that there is never enough. I opine that the data suggests we're pretty good at it, and have reached the point of diminishing returns for incremental investment.

The data suggests otherwise.

6 hours ago, VOA said:

Don't the majority arrive as legals? Then overstay and become illegal?

Yes, and the need to be returned to their country of legal residence too.

20 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Congress has the purse strings, and the power to declare war (authorize the use of force) 

It's been so long since Congress has done its job that people have forgotten what that job is . .  

Obama asked Congress to authorize the use of force in Iraq and Syria - they wouldn't even hold hearings. 

The drone wars in Africa and South Asia are also illegal. 

Welcome to the club.

10 hours ago, Raz'r said:
10 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

...    ...   We need to fix our system, period.  ...   ...

Fix what, exactly? Like you say, there are laws and by and large, they are followed.

no “caravan” in Mexico changes that.

Common sense is very rare.

Trying to talk sense with the righties who insist that they and only they have some kind of answer about "border security" is like talking to a man with DTs. You can't convince him that he really doesn't have a problem with spiders crawling on him, LOOK! dammit he can see them and feel them!!

The problem is that our politics have been hijacked by hysteria. And the rightie media feeding this hysteria is always coming up with more

-DSK

1 hour ago, Dog said:

No. the thread is about migrants arriving at the southern border.

People arriving at airports is a good topic too. Why don't you start a thread about it?

So you admit that you don’t care about the real source of illegals, and are focused on those few poor people who are 1000 miles away...

52 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

So you admit that you don’t care about the real source of illegals, and are focused on those few poor people who are 1000 miles away...

No...I did not admit anything. But illegal crossings of the southern border is in fact a real source of illegals.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

No...I did not admit anything. But illegal crossings of the southern border is in fact a real source of illegals.

Are the illegal crossings at the border the largest point of entry for those you want deported?  In that, I am asking about where the focus should be for maximum effect?

Or, is it possible this is just another of President Trump's attempt to deflect attention with some shiny object and you looked?

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

The REAL source of illegals, you ask?  

Origins[edit]

The majority of illegal immigrants are Mexicans (52% in 2014), though those numbers have been declining in recent years; others come from Asia, Central America, and sub-Saharan Africa.[4] In 2005, according to a Pew Hispanic Center report, there were about 6,840,000 illegal immigrants from Mexico making 56% of immigrants present in the United States illegally. 24% were from other Latin American countries; 9% were from Asia, 6% from Europe and Canada, and the remaining 4% from the rest of the world.[16] In 2014, the Pew Hispanic Center estimated that the illegal immigrant population from Mexico had reduced to 5.6 million or 49% of the illegal immigrant population.[4]

The number of Mexican legal and illegal immigrants in the United States grew quite rapidly over the 35 years between 1970 and 2004; increasing almost 15-fold from about 760,000 in the 1970 Census to more than 11 million in 2004—an average annual growth rate of more than 8 percent, maintained over more than three decades.[citation needed] On average the net Mexican population, both documented and illegal, living in the United States has grown by about 500,000 per year from 1995 to 2005 with 80 to 85 percent of the growth attributed to unauthorized immigration.[17] There was a net gain of 2,270,000 Mexican immigrants to the US between 1995 and 2000; a net loss of about 20,000 between 2005 and 2010; and a net loss of 140,000 between 2009 and 2014.[14]

The total number of Mexicans residing in the US, with and without authorization, was 11.7 million in 2014, down from the peak of 12.8 million in 2007.[14] The drop is primarily the result of the decrease in the number of unauthorized migrants—which make up 48% of the Mexican population in the US in 2014, down from 54% in 2007.[14]

Did those 6.8M illegal mexicans fly here?

13 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Most illegals arrive on planes. 

YOU LIE!  At least according to FactCheck.org

A Center for Migration Studies report estimates that 44 percent of those in living in the U.S. illegally in 2015 were visa overstays. That’s up from an estimated 41 percent in 2008.

The CMS report, written by Robert Warren, a former director of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service’s statistics division, says 65 percent of net arrivals — those joining the undocumented population — from 2008 to 2015 were visa overstays.

There are no solid, long-term estimates of the visa overstay problem. When we wrote about this issue in August 2015, DHS told us it didn’t have statistics on visa overstays. But DHS has since issued some estimates. It said that about 629,000 people on visas who were expected to leave in fiscal year 2016 hadn’t done so by the end of that fiscal year (that’s out of 50.4 million arrivals).

Shouldn't we close down this thread?  

FOX & Trump have lost interest. 

Your hysteria is no longer needed, until the next time they need a distraction. 

Maybe after today's indictments come down. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

The REAL source of illegals, you ask?  

Did those 6.8M illegal mexicans fly here?

Note they were already here. We’re talking about migration, today.

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

YOU LIE!  At least according to FactCheck.org

Ypu can’t understand the difference between debt and deficit, either. It never ends.

6 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Note they were already here. We’re talking about migration, today.

Today? TODAY!?  What are you some sort of fuckin' journalist? There is no T"oday" it is all about yesterday, and what might happen next week.

You one stupid mother fucker mang.....

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Today? TODAY!?  What are you some sort of fuckin' journalist? There is no T"oday" it is all about yesterday, and what might happen next week.

You one stupid mother fucker mang.....

So, where did the millions already here come from?

Just now, Saorsa said:

Your mother, by all accounts.

16 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

It's probably the fucking Irish again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's probably the fucking Irish again.

Probably. They're like fleas on a sheep.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Is that a thing now? Put up a wall to keep out people who are already here?  Won’t that just KEEP them here? You and your elk are truly stupid motherfuckers.

24 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Just in time for Black Friday. Should be a big hit in the Latino community. 

E3C3AAD8-49AE-4A26-B2A8-C8E2C39CCA14.jpeg

Who's going to pay for that?

On 11/13/2018 at 3:02 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Furthermore, I have said here before that if I were Emperor for a day - my immigration reform would include a radical new proposal to solve our labor shortage and social security payment shortfall.

I will trade 3 for 1 - three South and Central American hardworking immigrants can come here with full citizenship rights for every one gang-banger, white trash meth head, white supremacist, Jerry Springer watching wife beating asshole and any other shitbags I can send south in exchange.  

Hell, I'll sweeten the pot and make it 4 for 1.  And what they do with those shitbags "Americans" I send down south in exchange is not my concern.  They can turn them into Solyent Green for all I care.....  Just saying.

You need to stand on that ticket for an election. :P

why no twitter about the migrante caravan invasion lately? what about that big middle class tax bill? why is Drumpfuck so grumpy? Too much winning?

image.jpeg.f8c825c705e94e2144390d8cab79e4e8.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

he be nancy's bitch soon. she has him by his shroom.

There's a mental image I would like to forget.

1 hour ago, Voyageur said:

why no twitter about the migrante caravan invasion lately? what about that big middle class tax bill? why is Drumpfuck so grumpy? Too much winning?

image.jpeg.f8c825c705e94e2144390d8cab79e4e8.jpeg

Because the erection is over.....

Why Don’t They Enter Legally? Trump Won’t Let Them

The order pretends as if legal ports of entry will still be a viable option for people who want to seek asylum, but this is a sham. Here’s the reality. DHS is permitting no more than two or three families seeking asylum to enter at ports of entry each day. This forces them to either live homeless in Mexico for days or weeks or go around, turn themselves in to Border Patrol, and have their claim processed that way.

As the Atlantic explains, DHS now stations agents in the middle of bridges to prevent asylum seekers from stepping on U.S. soil, which would grant them the protections under 8 U.S.C. 1158 to submit asylum applications. Of course, even when they do appear to cross the line, as in this video from the Intercept, the agents still reject them.

This idea that ports of entry lack “capacity” to process 450 asylum seekers is the most absurd lie of all. The El Paso-Ciudad Juarez port of entry processes more than 50,000 north-bound pedestrians and personal vehicles every day. It is laughable to claim that 450 asylees can’t receive background checks and screenings immediately if the administration chose to. DHS could process them all, give them all ankle bracelets for monitoring them in the United States (if it wants), and be done before lunch.

The goal of the president’s new policy is manifestly just to keep out any asylum seekers at all. It’s clear that DHS intends to continue its practice of rejecting asylum seekers at ports of entry as well, as evidenced by the fact that the military is placing concertina wire around the ports of entry. This would obviously be totally unnecessary if they processed the claims at ports, and if the immigrants were trying to sneak in, they wouldn’t go to the port to begin with.

President Trump is violating the law, which was intended to protect asylum seekers in situations like the Jews on the St. Louis who were trying to enter the United States without proper documentation but whom the United States monstrously turned away.

(With apologies for another outburst of Koch-$pon$ored TeamR propaganda. Just can't help myself.)

1 minute ago, BillDBastard said:

....our citizens' right to a sovereign nation.

That there is the root cause of most wars, strife, famine, etc. Less of that would be a good thing.

51 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Abuse of asylum laws. As a nation we must expect our borders to be secure in accidence with The Constitution.

Immigration is a good thing. Not coming to the US legally removes our citizens' right to a sovereign nation.

Sorry but I have a hard time understanding why anyone would support people who choose to just running across our borders, rule of law be damned.

Imagine if someone actually supported what you say they support. Imagine!

8 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Feel free to dissect my post you quoted and point out where it is errant in thought and intent.

Umm, no one of consequence is advocating open borders? If a wall gives you a hard on, knock you boots, but it won’t do anything of note to stop illegal immigration. But you can spend a bunch of money with Trump’s donors. So there’s that.

4 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

And what part do you feel others need alter their views on?

Asylum laws are being abused? How do you feel differently about that than I? Do you think these folks are following the letter of the law in marching across Mexico to petition the US for asylum? Yes or no. Then explain and defend your position.

Immigration is a good thing. Do I need to alter my thinking on that point?

Does someone entering the US illegally not violate US sovereignty? If not, why not?

Do Americans have a right to a sovereign nation? Yes or no. Then explain and defend your position.

Give it a shot champ. I really do want you to present an argument that would change my opinion and enlighten me in they way you have been enlightened.

I have no idea what your opinion is, other than you hate lefties.

maybe you think that someone walking across Mexico to claim asylum is doing something illegal? They might be breaking a law in Mexico, I don’t know. Once they apply for asylum, which is not illegal,  a US court determines the merit of their claim. They are approved or denied  so not sure what law you imagine they are breaking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

So shall I count you in on wishing to see illegal immigration brought to a halt, borders secured and abuse of asylum laws put an end to?

Of course to all.

however,

i don’t believe our border is currently breached at a level of national emergency and that they are relatively secure. Also that the asylum laws are fine. We’ve signed international treaties as well and I like it when we meet our agreed to obligations. 

I would like to see some investment in immigration courts so we can burn down the backlog of claims.

i find separating families abhorrent. No matter who does it.

Contrast and compare to another right-wing wet dream: The War on (some) Drugs. Decades later and over One Trillion dollars wasted I can still have cocaine, meth and Ecstasy delivered to my door in an hour....but not a Tylenol. This border crap is the same thing. Admit complete failure now. Try something else. I'm for having basic open gateways. They can check ID's for whatever reason, hand out multi-lingual pamphlets on how to get along legally in the US system. Cannot possibly be any worse...except perhaps for the diehard bigots.

I'm not going to hold my breath for the end of The War on Drugs, The War on Immigration, or the End of Bigotry.

21 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

the lightweights are you stoogies who buy in to the Pelosis, Schumers, Cuomos and Waters snake oil act.

And I am far more progressive than you can even imagine nor grasp.

All as you need dois look at the facts about what an abject failure your great society world has brought to fruition.

Huh. Highest living standards, longest slide expectatancies, etc, etc

What does "All as you dois look at the facts about what an abject failure your great society world has brought to fruition" mean?

Is that some secret lefty code?

7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

What does "All as you dois look at the facts about what an abject failure your great society world has brought to fruition" mean?

Nah, he’s bummed he’s living in his moms basement and blames lefties for his meth addiction.

"Tijuana"?

Mang!..... Those wimmenz an chilluns run fazz mang!

11 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

In an interview with the Milenio news outlet, Tijuana Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum said the migrants arriving included a significant criminal element and represented a major burden to the city.

But dah women and children, wont you think of the women and children.

Too bad for Tijuana. Oh, wait, you can about crime in other countries now. So compassionate of you.

27 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

LOL that is all you got, so easily defeated with facts like a normal libtard lefty.

Why don't you just fuck off "Cuz"?

35 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

Still nothing intelligent to say I see. Sounds about right for you. How about you get the fuck out of my America?

How about getting out of your moms basement?

46 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

Still nothing intelligent to say I see. Sounds about right for you. How about you get the fuck out of my America?

YOUR America? You mean the intellectual wasteland of the bottom 25% of the population? That America?

You are the last person to talk about "nothing intelligent".

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

bg-war-on-poverty-50-years-chart-1-825.j

49 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

So let's see.... the poverty rate drops a bit, cyclically trending down...... until the crash of 1987, which happened due to what, exactly? THen it trends downward again, with some cyclic rate shifts, until 2008...... what happened in 2008, and why?

This graph doesn't show what you think it shows.

-DSK

9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

So let's see.... the poverty rate drops a bit, cyclically trending down...... until the crash of 1987, which happened due to what, exactly? THen it trends downward again, with some cyclic rate shifts, until 2008...... what happened in 2008, and why?

This graph doesn't show what you think it shows.

-DSK

Nah.  It shows Johnson declared war on poverty when it was already just about won and in spite of billions being spent over decades the lower 1/8th remain there.  They aren't the same people, there is migration across that border.

3 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Nah.  It shows Johnson declared war on poverty when it was already just about won and in spite of billions being spent over decades the lower 1/8th remain there.  They aren't the same people, there is migration across that border.

Lower 1/8?

I see the problem. You can't do math and you don't have a clue (willfully blind ie head up ass) about recent economic history.

And of course, it's not in bullet points.

FWIW my personal opinion is that a "war on poverty" is a stupid endeavor for a government. If you'd like, you can blame the victim, that ~5% of the population that falls into poverty in these Republican-induced crashes (1987, 2008) from the middle class probably made some poor financial choices. Like having a primary earner become ill.

If it only happened to Trump voters, I'd say it was straight justice but the world doesn't usually work that way.

-DSK

14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Lower 1/8?

I see the problem. You can't do math and you don't have a clue (willfully blind ie head up ass) about recent economic history.

FWIW my personal opinion is that a "war on poverty" is a stupid endeavor for a government. If you'd like, you can blame the victim, that ~5% of the population that falls into poverty in these Republican-induced crashes (1987, 2008) from the middle class probably made some poor financial choices. Like having a primary earner become ill.

If it only happened to Trump voters, I'd say it was straight justice but the world doesn't usually work that way.

-DSK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM

18 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Lower 1/8?

-DSK

Yeah, The poverty rate seems to run between 12% (1/8) and 16%(1/6).

Either way they are in the lower quintile which is about where you would expect the 80/20 rule to put the them.

6 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

For the record and before that halfwit mismoyled jiblet chimes in.

The republicans have failed the underclass as well. They allow themselves to be painted as only for the rich and business. Not wholly undeserved. If the republican party wanted to grow a set they would need to do a couple of things. First is to explain to the American people the benefits of a robust business climate. The second would be to promote through legislation a "social advancement" plan to help the bottom 5%+ achieve the American Dream. Not through handouts and wasteful nonsense, but by incentivizing businesses to hire, train and promote those less fortunate. Be that those on public assistance, incarcerated and/or disenfranchised. 

Well, there you again.

Damn poor people, sitting around waiting for a handout!

The fact is that most families living below the poverty line have jobs...... usually several of them. This "robust business climate" that you talk about is essentially the gov't colluding with business to keep wages low, so that people who WORK (and pay taxes) are less and less well-off over time.

And "disenfranchised"?  I thought it was deliberate Republican strategy to keep those darn lazy poor folk from voting, anyway?

-DSK

7 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Yeah, The poverty rate seems to run between 12% (1/8) and 16%(1/6).

Either way they are in the lower quintile which is about where you would expect the 80/20 rule to put the them.

Wow, did you work that out on your fingers & toes?

I see closer to 10% but that's a minor quibble.

You believe that 20% of Americans -SHOULD- live in poverty? That's a really shitty attitude. Aside from that, if the actual rate (outside of the aftermath of Republican-induced crashes) is  generally below 15% then that would suggest the goddam libby-rull "War On Poverty" is working.

This graph you're so fond of, it doesn't mean what you think it means.

-DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

And "disenfranchised"?  I thought it was deliberate Republican strategy to keep those darn lazy poor folk from voting, anyway?

-DSK

HURRY, HURRY, HURRY - LESS THAN TWO YEARS UNTIL THE NEXT FEDERAL ELECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Oh boy. I didn't realize you were at such a deficit intellectually. I have a pretty good idea how the tax system works....or more aptly, how it doesn't work.

Like I said, I am far more progressive then you leftist pretenders/posers. I don't believe in long term incarceration. I don't believe in a welfare state. I don't believe in regarding a large portion of society as losers who need handouts to survive.

I do believe that "promote general welfare" means we design a system that allows the free market to hire, train and promote those less fortunate achieve the American Dream through fully incentivizing the markets to actually change the lives of the less fortunate. I fully believe that a very large majority of those disenfranchised can be taught/helped to live far better lives than some pittance of "public assistance".  

Frankly the way we treat the underclass is disgusting and that is squarely laid at the feet of the left.

Bill D.:  Why do you pay any attention to The Idiot Known as Mismoyled Jiblet?  Expecting to get a rational response out of him is doomed to failure.

10 minutes ago, J28 said:

Bill D.:  Why do you pay any attention to The Idiot Known as Mismoyled Jiblet?  Expecting to get a rational response out of him is doomed to failure.

deprecate & isolate:  Manafort and his clients would agree...

3 minutes ago, Amati said:
17 minutes ago, J28 said:

deprecate & isolate:  Manafort and his clients would agree...

Laughable when you consider that came from the J28 clown that most have on ignore...

2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

If by pontificating you mean laying out a philosophy, a plan, a direction, then I see your point.

Sadly you do none of that. You just make these little foot stomping type rants and take some sort of solace  in thinking you are of the enlightened.

Man................... Talk about foot stomping rants (Tirades).... You got the gold there boy.

You're the head number one spoiled little brat kid being sent to bed w/o dessert.....

20 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Man................... Talk about foot stomping rants (Tirades).... You got the gold there boy.

You're the head number one spoiled little brat kid being sent to bed w/o dessert.....

But IT might sleep better without all the sugar and fat!:)

...and with a better night’s sleep, a better mood, and with a better mood, more love for the universe, and with more love for the universe, even IT might find more kindness for the human users on these here digital interfaces!:D

oh, and Congressman Schitt for President!!!!!

And now I go back to raking the forest floor ........-_-

Have you noticed how only the most desperate of loyalists are still making noise about the caravan now the election is over? I mean, if it were such a desperate situation the military needed to be deployed, you'd think the issue would be getting more & more important the closer to the border it came. Instead, crickets.

2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Have you noticed how only the most desperate of loyalists are still making noise about the caravan now the election is over? I mean, if it were such a desperate situation the military needed to be deployed, you'd think the issue would be getting more & more important the closer to the border it came. Instead, crickets.

We must continue to mercilessly tease the Trumpeestas about these things!  But now my supervisor is telling me to get off my phone, and back to my raking the forest floor....-_-

5 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

...   ...    ...

Frankly the way we treat the underclass is disgusting and that is squarely laid at the feet of the left.

Of course. Your elk blame everything on "The Left." That's why you hate them so much, they've made your life miserable!

-DSK

11 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Have you noticed how only the most desperate of loyalists are still making noise about the caravan now the election is over?

Yes, only desperate loyalists.

Well, and Koch's. But that's the same thing.

On 11/17/2018 at 8:15 AM, dogballs Tom said:

Why Don’t They Enter Legally? Trump Won’t Let Them

The order pretends as if legal ports of entry will still be a viable option for people who want to seek asylum, but this is a sham. Here’s the reality. DHS is permitting no more than two or three families seeking asylum to enter at ports of entry each day. This forces them to either live homeless in Mexico for days or weeks or go around, turn themselves in to Border Patrol, and have their claim processed that way.

As the Atlantic explains, DHS now stations agents in the middle of bridges to prevent asylum seekers from stepping on U.S. soil, which would grant them the protections under 8 U.S.C. 1158 to submit asylum applications. Of course, even when they do appear to cross the line, as in this video from the Intercept, the agents still reject them.

This idea that ports of entry lack “capacity” to process 450 asylum seekers is the most absurd lie of all. The El Paso-Ciudad Juarez port of entry processes more than 50,000 north-bound pedestrians and personal vehicles every day. It is laughable to claim that 450 asylees can’t receive background checks and screenings immediately if the administration chose to. DHS could process them all, give them all ankle bracelets for monitoring them in the United States (if it wants), and be done before lunch.

The goal of the president’s new policy is manifestly just to keep out any asylum seekers at all. It’s clear that DHS intends to continue its practice of rejecting asylum seekers at ports of entry as well, as evidenced by the fact that the military is placing concertina wire around the ports of entry. This would obviously be totally unnecessary if they processed the claims at ports, and if the immigrants were trying to sneak in, they wouldn’t go to the port to begin with.

President Trump is violating the law, which was intended to protect asylum seekers in situations like the Jews on the St. Louis who were trying to enter the United States without proper documentation but whom the United States monstrously turned away.

(With apologies for another outburst of Koch-$pon$ored TeamR propaganda. Just can't help myself.)

4 hours ago, Dog said:

Not sure if they are in Mexico legally or not. At this point, this is Mexico's problem. Why do you denigrate the Mexican people for asking their gov't to take action?

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Not sure if they are in Mexico legally or not. At this point, this is Mexico's problem. Why do you denigrate the Mexican people for asking their gov't to take action?

Some are definitely in Mexico illegally, they broke in remember. Americans who object to illegal immigration are regularly called racist against brown people around here so presumably the same applies to Mexicans who object to illegal immigration...right?

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

Some are definitely in Mexico illegally, they broke in remember. Americans who object to illegal immigration are regularly called racist against brown people around here so presumably the same applies to Mexicans who object to illegal immigration...right?

I don’t live in Mexico, nor do I understand racial politics in Mexico, so I don’t know if they are being racist or not. Not sure why you would think they are, except that you love to imagine other people’s perspectives.

Just now, Raz'r said:

I don’t live in Mexico, nor do I understand racial politics in Mexico, so I don’t know if they are being racist or not. Not sure why you would think they are, except that you love to imagine other people’s perspectives.

You don't know whether Americans who oppose illegal immigration are racist either.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

You don't know whether Americans who oppose illegal immigration are racist either.

Nor do you know my opinion on "illegal" immigration.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

On the contrary, it's very easy to see/hear that many of them are explicitly and vigorously racist.

I would say, in fairness, that doesn't mean ALL of them are; but it begs the question of the ones that aren't....... shouldn't you pick your friends a little more wisely?

-DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

On the contrary, it's very easy to see/hear that many of them are explicitly and vigorously racist.

I would say, in fairness, that doesn't mean ALL of them are; but it begs the question of the ones that aren't....... shouldn't you pick your friends a little more wisely?

-DSK

Mexican racists....'We don't want you here!' the bigots even call it an "invasion".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6403033/Migrant-caravan-met-hostility-insults-reaches-city-Tijuana.html

13 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

why are you afraid?

Why are the Mexicans afraid, got a problem with brown people or something?

some people in Tijuana are protesting and you think this is an existential threat to the USA. Why?

I make no conclusions as to the protests, as I don't know domestic Mexico politics. Do you?

Troops at U.S.-Mexican border to start coming home

The Pentagon is set to begin a drawdown of its 5,800 troops from the Southwest border as early as this week, the Army commander overseeing the mission told POLITICO today — even as the approaching caravan of refugees prompted U.S. customs officers to close a port of entry near Tijuana, Mexico. 

All the active-duty troops that President Donald Trump ordered sent to the border before the midterm elections should be home by Christmas, said Army Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan, who is running the mission from San Antonio, Texas. 

He said the troop deployment should start falling rapidly as engineer and logistics troops — some the largest parts of the deployment — wind down their mission of building base camps and fortifying ports of entry for the Border Patrol. 

"Our end date right now is 15 December, and I've got no indications from anybody that we'll go beyond that," said Buchanan, who leads the ground component of U.S. Northern Command.

Read more: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/19/troops-us-mexico-border-come-home-1005510 

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Troops at U.S.-Mexican border to start coming home

The Pentagon is set to begin a drawdown of its 5,800 troops from the Southwest border as early as this week, the Army commander overseeing the mission told POLITICO today — even as the approaching caravan of refugees prompted U.S. customs officers to close a port of entry near Tijuana, Mexico. 

All the active-duty troops that President Donald Trump ordered sent to the border before the midterm elections should be home by Christmas, said Army Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan, who is running the mission from San Antonio, Texas.