badlatitude

Steve King Confirms What We Have Known For Years

Seig Heil, Welcome to America.

"GOP Rep. Steve King (Iowa) on Saturday defended his association with a Nazi-linked group in Austria, telling The Washington Post that the group is “far right.”

He made the comments about Austria’s Freedom Party, a group founded by a former Nazi SS officer and whose current leader was active in neo-Nazi circles, according to the paper.

“If they were in America pushing the platform that they push, they would be Republicans,” King, who is known for his inflammatory statements about immigration, told The Post.

King made comments lamenting the “decline” of Western civilization due to immigration in an August interview with Austria’s Freedom Party, according to The Post, asking them: “What does this diversity bring that we don’t already have?”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/413601-steve-king-members-of-nazi-linked-party-in-austria-would-be-republicans-if

22 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

cue the tail chasing amongst the republican apologists.

Only after they spend a few seconds blinking in really bright sunlight.....

Ahh, it’s just the old “not all republicans are Nazis, but all Nazis are Republican” message. 

“If they were in America pushing the platform that they push, they would be Republicans,”

Ya think?

16 minutes ago, Amati said:

Only after they spend a few seconds blinking in really bright sunlight.....

At least cockroaches run for cover.

10 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Ahh, it’s just the old “not all republicans are Nazis, but all Nazis are Republican” message. 

how many times have we been told by conservatives that it's mean and wrong to say that?

“If they were in America pushing the platform that they push, they would be Republicans,”

To paraphrase Mayor Gillum:

They don't believe they are Nazis but the Nazis do.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

cue the tail chasing amongst the republican apologists.

Why would they need to chase their tails?  It is becoming readily apparent that our melting pot hasn't melted enough and we still have people very much willing to vote for Neo-Nazis.  When enough people of that persuasion exist to sway elections, why NOT pander to them, regardless of the damage it does to our social fabric?  #MAGA

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Steve King Removed From Committee Assignments Over White Supremacy Remark

Why, they just took away his 1st Amendment Right to Freedom of Speech.

Well well, finally some action instead of just thoughts and prayers.

Good for them. Anybody think they're working their way up to the rot at the top? Are they discovering some actual spine, or are they just reacting to the polls?

-DSK

On 10/29/2018 at 11:05 PM, Amati said:

Another way to look at all this- communism and fascism being different sides of the same coin, instead of products of the left or right:

https://www.amazon.com/Origins-Totalitarianism-Hannah-Arendt/dp/0156701537

Sorry, but the panty pissing collectivist dullards that troll this site are diametrically opposed to educating themselves.  

15 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well well, finally some action instead of just thoughts and prayers.

Good for them. Anybody think they're working their way up to the rot at the top? Are they discovering some actual spine, or are they just reacting to the polls?

-DSK

It's pretty obvious the spine hasn't grown enough to take on the racist asshole in the Oval Office. It's a shame, it would redefine the GOP, but they are too gutless to take that step.

12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

It's pretty obvious the spine hasn't grown enough to take on the racist asshole in the Oval Office. It's a shame, it would redefine the GOP, but they are too gutless to take that step.

If they did, who would fill the void?  The times are changing and the old guard wants to keep things the way they are.  

You know, where women and people of color (especially women of color) know their place.

12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

You've seen what the California GOP has done over the past decades. Doubling down on stupid failed policy, half baked whackjob candidates, and the ideology of failure and resentment. Why do you think the national GOP will be any different?

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

If they did, who would fill the void?  The times are changing and the old guard wants to keep things the way they are.  

You know, where women and people of color (especially women of color) know their place.

Good thing the old guard doesn't have all that much time left. With little rat scumbags like Stephen Miller leading the way, I can actually see the light at the end of this tunnel.

4 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You've seen what the California GOP has done over the past decades. Doubling down on stupid failed policy, half baked whackjob candidates, and the ideology of failure and resentment. Why do you think the national GOP will be any different?

I hope not. These fuckers deserve to lose their party.

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Good thing the old guard doesn't have all that much time left. With little rat scumbags like Stephen Miller leading the way, I can actually see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel isn't attached to the front of a locomotive...... Never underestimate the power of stupid. Nixon (2 elections), Regan (2 terms), W (2 terms), Trump.....

4 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Sorry but the same could be said if you inserted Democratic Party into this phrase. Welcome to the 70% tax bracket.  

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel isn't attached to the front of a locomotive...... Never underestimate the power of stupid. Nixon (2 elections), Regan (2 terms), W (2 terms), Trump.....

The Democrats put poor candidates forward in all three instances. Hopefully, they've learned a lesson or two.

6 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Iowa is supposed to be a conservative but enlightened state. Obviously King proves that notion wrong.

Yeah, I shake my head over that.

41 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Iowa is supposed to be a conservative but enlightened state. Obviously King proves that notion wrong.

His district is R+11. So he can say anything and he’ll still get re-elected; so he does say anything. The other districts are D+1, D+1 and R+1 and are held by Ds.

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The Democrats put poor candidates forward in all three instances. Hopefully, they've learned a lesson or two.

All four instances?

I'd say it was more that the GOP had a better composer of attack ads, and a better smear campaign.

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

All four instances?

I'd say it was more that the GOP had a better composer of attack ads, and a better smear campaign.

Yes, all four instances. The GOP is definitely meaner and operates out of the gutter, and it's a shame we have to compete on that level.

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Yes, all four instances. The GOP is definitely meaner and operates out of the gutter, and it's a shame we have to compete on that level.

Sad thing is....... I could do it. I tried it for a year back in the early 90s. It was, in a way, very spectacular. I made more money, got more ass than anyone could hope for, and everyone loved me...... Except me. I couldn't keep on being an exceptional asshole. It just isn't in my genes. So I went back to being just your generic ass hole. Went back to making a living wage, treating people fairly. getting laid on a sporadic, but sustainable level..... But I was comfortable in my skin again.

But now..... I'm older. I could do it again for a couple of years, make America sane again, and then go back to my old vanilla life with either a nice retirement fund, or a contract on my head.

• Like 1

Related to Roy Moore he must be.

How can Iowans, ostensibly decent people, keep electing this asshole.

Majority fucking idiots or majority straight up racists.

Choose one

Maybe Steve King can be urged to retire and take over the Jeffery Epstein-endowed chair of Human Relations and Adolescent Sexuality Studies at the Oral Roberts University.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Maybe Steve King can be urged to retire and take over the Jeffery Epstein-endowed chair of Human Relations and Adolescent Sexuality Studies at the Oral Roberts University.

I see what you did there.  Nicely played

On 10/29/2018 at 10:24 PM, Hard On The Wind said:

Where you gonna run, where you gonna hide? 

1 hour ago, Rat's ass said:
On 10/29/2018 at 11:24 AM, Hard On The Wind said:

Where you gonna run, where you gonna hide? 

You wear pointy-toed cowboy boots?

- DSK

4 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

I see what you did there.  Nicely played

Sometimes you spot a typo and say, “Nah, I think I’ll leave that one...that is a happy accident.”  

5 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Sometimes you spot a typo and say, “Nah, I think I’ll leave that one...that is a happy accident.”  

Take a bow.  I’d rather be lucky than good