badlatitude

How Do You Spend $100,000 in A Shithole Country? Ask Melania

Recommended Posts

The Presidential Suite is a bargain $699.00 must have been a blast on the taxpayers.

Melania Trump Spent Almost $100,000 at a Hotel She Never Slept In 

For an Africa trip rife with colonial imagery, this somehow feels right. 

by Erika Harwood November 2, 2018 12:48 pm 

Melania Trump’s October trip to Africa may never stop being controversial. According to federal spending records, Trump’s hotel bill during her stop in Cairo cost taxpayers $95,050—even though, as spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham told Quartz, Trump did not even stay overnight at the InterContinental Semiramis hotel and was only in Cairo for six hours. 

snip.... 

In an hour-long ABC News interview filmed during the Africa trip, Trump insisted that people should be more focused on what she does rather than what she wears, in one of her few statements of actual substance. Does racking up a $95,000 hotel bill for no discernible reason count? 

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/11/melania-trump-cairo-hotel-bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I dislike her husband, I am not on board with blaming her for this any more than I was regarding previous First Ladies. I doubt she had much, if anything to do with the logistics and planning. 

Sure, the optics suck.  That’s pretty much par for the course, these days.

Plenty of things with which to find fault in this Administration. This isn’t one of them, IMHO. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

As much as I dislike her husband, I am not on board with blaming her for this any more than I was regarding previous First Ladies. I doubt she had much, if anything to do with the logistics and planning. 

Sure, the optics suck.  That’s pretty much par for the course, these days.

Plenty of things with which to find fault in this Administration. This isn’t one of them, IMHO. 

She married him.

She has supported his racist messaging and dogwhistling.

She doesn't HAVE to do any of this.

She is complicit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s nothing compared to the almost weekly golf and campaign trips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Excess Express has run off the rails post 2016 and has not been seen or heard from since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mini bar or did she try to buy a pyramid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

The Excess Express has run off the rails post 2016 and has not been seen or heard from since.

 

And Reagan proved that deficit spending doesn't matter in the Federali Guvmint!   Just don't try to run your household, like the Guvmint runs the country, or you'll wind up in Bankruptcy Court as much as Trump has.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being able to print your own money makes all the difference in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much better uses for $100k in NZ. Give it to a political party as a donation will h the hook they put your man in parliament. Would bring the PRC up to three. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think of all the Stormy nights that could have paid for....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Think of all the Stormy nights that could have paid for....

 

When you have a government ATM filling the coffers of your hotels and golf courses, that is easier than ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, badlatitude said:

When you have a government ATM filling the coffers of your hotels and golf courses, that is easier than ever.

And when you consider that a blow job in these shit holes costs about a bucket of KFC wings..... The mind boggles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

And when you consider that a blow job in these shit holes

Trump hotels or golf courses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Trump hotels or golf courses?

I was referring to the African countries that Melania was visiting, but....... Now that you mention it, I'll bet that at the right moment, Donald would probably give you a blow job for a bucket of KFC..... If you were so inclined....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

And when you consider that a blow job in these shit holes costs about a bucket of KFC wings..... The mind boggles!

they charge rantallion's like Trump extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

they charge rantallion's like Trump extra.

Extra crispy? or "Would you like to super size that?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I was referring to the African countries that Melania was visiting, but....... Now that you mention it, I'll bet that at the right moment, Donald would probably give you a blow job for a bucket of KFC..... If you were so inclined....

I would rather go through a woodchipper at the Saudi Embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Think of all the Stormy nights that could have paid for....

 

Maybe just a quicky, but I guess they are all quickies according to Daniels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And why would SHE care in the least ?   It is NOT like anyone in her family actually pays taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the bigger picture, this is pretty much a non story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, badlatitude said:

The Presidential Suite is a bargain $699.00 must have been a blast on the taxpayers.

Melania Trump Spent Almost $100,000 at a Hotel She Never Slept In 

For an Africa trip rife with colonial imagery, this somehow feels right. 

by Erika Harwood November 2, 2018 12:48 pm 

Melania Trump’s October trip to Africa may never stop being controversial. According to federal spending records, Trump’s hotel bill during her stop in Cairo cost taxpayers $95,050—even though, as spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham told Quartz, Trump did not even stay overnight at the InterContinental Semiramis hotel and was only in Cairo for six hours. 

snip.... 

In an hour-long ABC News interview filmed during the Africa trip, Trump insisted that people should be more focused on what she does rather than what she wears, in one of her few statements of actual substance. Does racking up a $95,000 hotel bill for no discernible reason count? 

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/11/melania-trump-cairo-hotel-bill

Compared to the almost $4 Billion California dolled out to Medical recipients that were either registered democrat voters dead or ineligible recipients...  your complaint again is?

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-medical-audit-20181030-story.html

Again, I didn't vote for Trump, but the fact he gets into your crawl everyday is worth the price of admission...  :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

but the fact he gets into your crawl everyday is worth the price of admission...  :D

so, it's worth him pissing away billions on stupid shit and lining his own pocket to the tune of millions, pissing away hundreds of millions on golf trips...

to trigger the libs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Compared to the almost $4 Billion California dolled out to Medical recipients that were either registered democrat voters dead or ineligible recipients...  your complaint again is?

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-medical-audit-20181030-story.html

Again, I didn't vote for Trump, but the fact he gets into your crawl everyday is worth the price of admission...  :D

 

That's about the biggest, fattest, most irrelevant "whataboutism" that I've read in a long time.  Well, there's always the classic: "Trump is a racist narcissist"..."yeah, well, that might be true, but what about Vince Foster."  But your attempted deflection is awesome.

And of course, in true *residential fashion, you're turning a possibility into a fact.  The audit found 453,000 beneficiaries who were marked as eligible in the state’s system, but not in the counties’ — indicating that they may not have actually been eligible for Medi-Cal.

And its "craw", not "crawl".  Unless the *resident is lurking underneath his bedroom.  Which might actually be possible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

so, it's worth him pissing away billions on stupid shit and lining his own pocket to the tune of millions, pissing away hundreds of millions on golf trips...

to trigger the libs. 

Billions on stupid shit????  Paragraphs 6 lines 22 and 23.... in the the POTUS job description...  "As POTUS you must spend a lot of money on stupid shit."  This has been going on for years no matter what letter is after their name... 

I don't care what Malina spends for her toenails or her Brazilian, and it is really not news worthy.  But our friend Bad took the bait..   

I live in a state that is just flushing money a way and that is what will have an affect on my wallet everyday... I am more concerned about that....  But, this is what our local politicians are counting on... the Trump diversion, while they run rapid with their bullshit... 

When did you realize you suffer from LIVS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

That's about the biggest, fattest, most irrelevant "whataboutism" that I've read in a long time.  Well, there's always the classic: "Trump is a racist narcissist"..."yeah, well, that might be true, but what about Vince Foster."  But your attempted deflection is awesome.

And of course, in true *residential fashion, you're turning a possibility into a fact.  The audit found 453,000 beneficiaries who were marked as eligible in the state’s system, but not in the counties’ — indicating that they may not have actually been eligible for Medi-Cal.

And its "craw", not "crawl".  Unless the *resident is lurking underneath his bedroom.  Which might actually be possible.  

You're missing the point there lefty.... 

Did you miss this?

In one instance, a Los Angeles County resident died in December 2013, yet the state continued to make monthly payments to the beneficiary’s Medi-Cal health plan until August of this year. The state ultimately paid the plan $383,000 for a person who the state “should have known was no longer in need of services,” according to the audit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

the point, of course, is impotent bitching and enabling the politicians to fuck over nacradriver harder.

My father always had a saying...'when you think you're fucking someone over, you're the one getting fucked..."  I don't go through life looking to fuck people over, but yea, we're all getting fucked one way or another...   Sad part about it, some of us actually know it, others buy into the bullshit and think their righteousness will see them through it...   I chose to fight my battles at the local level.

And then there is the third group...  and what is that saying, you can't cure fucking idiots...

So I ask you my friend, what group do you belong to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

You're missing the point there lefty.... 

Did you miss this?

 

 

Not missing the point at all.  Just look over there!!!!

Policy and political posturing by anecdote and whataboutism.  You're not very good at it. 

Reagan was the master of it.  The "Welfare Cadillac" black woman was the classic.  Stumpy McFatboy. doesn't even bother with anecdotes.  Just swipes away with a broad swath of bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Not missing the point at all.  Just look over there!!!!

Policy and political posturing by anecdote and whataboutism.  You're not very good at it. 

Reagan was the master of it.  The "Welfare Cadillac" black woman was the classic.  Stumpy McFatboy. doesn't even bother with anecdotes.  Just swipes away with a broad swath of bullshit.

No Lefty, you're still missing it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

No Lefty, you're still missing it...

Yawn....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nacradriver said:

Compared to the almost $4 Billion California dolled out to Medical recipients that were either registered democrat voters dead or ineligible recipients...  your complaint again is?

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-medical-audit-20181030-story.html

Again, I didn't vote for Trump, but the fact he gets into your crawl everyday is worth the price of admission...  :D

 

California Democrats don't try to pass themselves off as the party of fiscal responsibility, that would be the other guys. The problem California has is the same as the federal government, antiquated and outdated computer systems that allow these kinds of failings to become common occurrences. It's why we are so easily hacked, and why our voter systems are at risk. Paul Ryan has fought updating the federal computers as long as he has been in office. He would rather give tax breaks than find the $89 billion to make the government efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 11:59 AM, Mrleft8 said:

Think of all the Stormy nights that could have paid for....

 

$100K? Not even one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

so, it's worth him pissing away billions on stupid shit and lining his own pocket to the tune of millions, pissing away hundreds of millions on golf trips...

to trigger the libs. 

If you can throw kids in cages to trigger the libs, what's tossing away a few $million?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

 The problem California has is the same as the federal government, antiquated and outdated computer systems that allow these kinds of failings to become common occurrences. It's why we are so easily hacked, and why our voter systems are at risk. Paul Ryan has fought updating the federal computers as long as he has been in office. He would rather give tax breaks than find the $89 billion to make the government efficient.

I always thought that the voter rolls, polling places, and equipment were controlled by the county governments in California, not the state.. But the state will reimburse the county per vote in certain elections statewide and national.... 

So you're saying the county governments are failing the voters?   Well, when Kings County Washington fires Dean Logan for what again????  Guess who hires him.... Los Angeles County.   Sure glad that California Democrats don't try to pass themselves off as the party of fiscal responsibility ethics and intelligence.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

I always thought that the voter rolls, polling places, and equipment were controlled by the county governments in California, not the state.. But the state will reimburse the county per vote in certain elections statewide and national.... 

So you're saying the county governments are failing the voters?   Well, when Kings County Washington fires Dean Logan for what again????  Guess who hires him.... Los Angeles County.   Sure glad that California Democrats don't try to pass themselves off as the party of fiscal responsibility ethics and intelligence.

look in a fucking mirror. california has single party control because of people like you too dude. ranting about conspiracy theory's (soros paid protesters, right man?) constant bitching about the Dems - yep, you are part of the poison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

look in a fucking mirror. california has single party control because of people like you too dude. ranting about conspiracy theory's (soros paid protesters, right man?) constant bitching about the Dems - yep, you are part of the poison.

Single party control, now that is a government of the people right? The government of California is starting to replicate a third word banana republic with some fo the shit that has been pulled in the previous years to insure their poisition of power...   I'll bet you practice a lot of self fornication...  You're so blind you can't even see the faults with the party you support... and there are many.

I am sure it is a safe bet to say that you took the Blue Team voter guide in replicated in on you ballot with out knowing a thing about who or what you are voting for... , if you even voted at all...

Oh!  for the record, I have equal opportunity paranoia it doesn't care what party they are in....  They are all scum.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Rohrabacher, Hunter Jr., Nunez, Issa - CA GOP has some prime, upstanding, ethical people in it too.

Ronrabacher like Pelosi needs to go,  we need some young blood in there...

Duncan Hunter should be in jail...

Deven Nunez - remind me again, what group filed the Alpha Omega complaint?  And what is their political leaning?

Daryle Issa - again what group filed the complaints... 

What about Xavier Becerra, Kevin DeLeaon, Leland Yee, Ron Calderon, and Rod Wright?  Now there are some roll models for ya.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now