Mid

“Can u say ‘shitbags?!'”

Untitled.jpg.7a0c4fed80c872aac73ea829a4b67643.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mid said:

Democrats seem to get butt hurt over the most insignificant issues. Music really? 

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Intellectual property theft..China ring any bells? 

Says the one that probably copied a few 8 tracts, cassettes, and CDs in her day..

5 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Says the one that probably copied a few 8 tracts, cassettes, and CDs in her day..

No actually.

C&P news articles? Sure, but I'm not crippling China's economy while stealing Musicians intellectual property am I?

A 2002 study on Napster P2P exposed that 78% of users were Democrats. The Democrat hypocrisy is laughable. 

20 minutes ago, nacradriver said:
30 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Actually says the one (meli) who currently continually copies and pastes entire articles from online sources with zero attribution (on purpose) because she can't be bothered with subscription services.  So she just steals it instead.

• Like 1

GNR should just show up in town when Shitstain is there and then give a free performance when Shitstain is talking. The answer to free speech (well, stolen is more like it) is more free speech.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

No actually.

C&P news articles? Sure, but I'm not crippling China's economy while stealing Musicians intellectual property am I?

20 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Actually says the one (meli) who currently continually copies and pastes entire articles from online sources with zero attribution (on purpose) because she can't be bothered with subscription services.  So she just steals it instead.

You'll be happy to know I now subscribe to WaPo and the Guardian  :rolleyes:

I even pay Wiki.

11 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

A 2002 study on Napster P2P exposed that 78% of users were Democrats. The Democrat hypocrisy is laughable. 

That same study showed 100% of Republicans were fucking idiots. The Republican consistency  is impressive.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

GNR should just show up in town when Shitstain is there and give a free performance when Shitstain is talking. The answer to free speech (well, stolen is more like it) is more free speech.

I remember a "guns and roses was here" t shirt. Its kinda apt for trump and the rest of his serial "grab em by the pussy" supporters.

4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

That same study showed 100% of Republicans were fucking idiots. The Republican consistency  is impressive.

When Democrats lose to Republicans makes them lower than idiots. 

1 hour ago, Mid said:

You didn't look far enough on Twitter...

image.thumb.png.538ffe4c3760af9a008d586d673b1c3e.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mid said:

What do you expect?  Trump loves to play loopholes and grey ares of the law- and deplorable numero uno loves to play the same little game.  Why, it makes both of them winners!  So impressive......tiny little points adding up to huge victories for little men, hiding under rocks most of the time. 

We should stand in awe of such legal and rhetorical virtuosity.  It is the future of our globe! 

Our Beautiful President and DP 1, holding hands, and walking into a glorious future, fingers moist and interlocked.

To the victors! Huzzah! Huzzah!  Huzzah!

Hard Men undercutting the informal rules of democracy, in the name of republic- so brutal!  So correct!  So clever! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

GNR should just show up in town when Shitstain is there and then give a free performance when Shitstain is talking. The answer to free speech (well, stolen is more like it) is more free speech.

At a volume that can peel paint...

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

At a volume that can peel paint...

Which roadies would win the battle of equipment setup?  Then we’d see some real legal niceties!

1 hour ago, Deplorable1 said:

Democrats seem to get butt hurt over the most insignificant issues. Music really? 

unless you are in fact a fucking idiot you should realize it's a simple matter of principals, your kind aren't sufficiently decent. do the world a favor, on your way to the polls tomorrow, aim for a telephone pole. thanks.

Rihanna sends Trump cease and desist letter for playing her music at Republican rallies

“As you are or should be aware, Ms Fenty has not provided her consent to Mr. Trump to use her music,” her legal team reportedly wrote in a letter sent to Trump’s White House counsel.

“Such use is therefore improper.” The letter apparently continued by claiming that Trump’s use of Rihanna's music “creates a false impression that Ms. Fenty is affiliated with, connected to or otherwise associated with Trump”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/rihanna-trump-song-dont-stop-the-music-cease-and-desist-rallies-axl-rose-a8619616.html

If you know about the history of GNR, Axl complaining about licensing rights and contract agreements is really ironic and has actually made my morning :) Talk about a strange messenger.

This honestly made me laugh.  

15 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

If you know about the history of GNR, Axl complaining about licensing rights and contract agreements is really ironic and has actually made my morning :) Talk about a strange messenger.

This honestly made me laugh.  

These suits do sometimes result in a settlement and/or apology from the politician.

https://lawstreetmedia.com/issues/politics/campaign-music-fair-use/

The license is the loophole and it is pretty funny to see Axl complain about that.

I don't get it. I'm not a musician but if I were I'd think I would want anyone and everyone to hear and enjoy my music. If people who don't like me enjoy it? WINNING! And also, $$$KERCHING$$$! The problem is?

They all seem to think there's this implied endorsement. So tweet your disagreement and keep on winning and kerchinging.

5 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

So tweet your disagreement and keep on winning and kerchinging.

This ^^^^^

Although in truth, I don't think he gets any royalties from that particular performance.  I don't think he owns the catalog.  I know he owns the live performance stuff but I don't know if he gets any bank from the canned tracks.  So in that case, he just needs to sing something and tweet it out :)

4 hours ago, 3to1 said:
5 hours ago, Deplorable1 said:

unless you are in fact a fucking idiot you should realize it's a simple matter of principals, your kind aren't sufficiently decent. do the world a favor, on your way to the polls tomorrow, aim for a telephone pole. thanks.

You want to see butthurt, go look at the comments on the Axl Rose tweets from the fascists and racists.

‘Hell No’

Neil Young

R.E.M.

Twisted Sister

Adele

Elton John

The Rolling Stones

Queen

George Harrison’s estate

Luciano Pavarotti’s estate

Steven Tyler

Prince’s estate

Pharrell Williams

Rihanna

Guns N’ Roses

http://www.vulture.com/2018/11/the-history-of-musicians-rejecting-donald-trump.html

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:
1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

So tweet your disagreement and keep on winning and kerchinging.

This ^^^^^

Or, show up in person at an opponent's rally and perform for free.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

They artists license it out for money.  I'm sure they aren't refusing the royalties.

6 hours ago, Deplorable1 said:

When Democrats lose to Republicans makes them lower than idiots. 

But not as low as an F-35 or a Ridgeline.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

They artists license it out for money.  I'm sure they aren't refusing the royalties.

Or once they sign over their catalog they have no say what so ever on how their "intellectual property" is used.... this is a big mistake a lot of musicians made back in the day.   Though not a mistake, The Beatles as an example

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7662519/beatles-catalog-paul-mccartney-brief-history-ownership

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

No actually.

Sorry my dear, I need to call you on this one... 

8 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You two should get together and form a brain cell.   

Shitstain should just play Poopie Pants' Cat Scratch Fever over and over and over.

Why are they playing GNR when they have the entire Ted Nugent Catalog to choose from?

Cat Scratch Fever is perfect.  When Ted hits the chorus and sings:

TN: CAT SCRATCH FEVER (the crowd screams)

Crowd: GRAB EM BY THE PUSSY

and so on.

From Stranglehold:

TN: Got you in a stranglehold baby, except for our God Putin.

Journey to the Center of your Mind?

Mod it to be Journey to the Covfefe Store.

Why is he ignoring genius and going with GNR?  

Maybe Donald should just stick to what he knows.

5 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

These suits do sometimes result in a settlement and/or apology from the politician.

https://lawstreetmedia.com/issues/politics/campaign-music-fair-use/

The license is the loophole and it is pretty funny to see Axl complain about that.

I don't get it. I'm not a musician but if I were I'd think I would want anyone and everyone to hear and enjoy my music. If people who don't like me enjoy it? WINNING! And also, $$$KERCHING$$$! The problem is?

They all seem to think there's this implied endorsement. So tweet your disagreement and keep on winning and kerchinging.

It’s called the music BUSINESS.  If you don’t at least try to defend your copyright from rapacious dickheads like Trump, you’ll wind up owning a lump of coal.  When The Doors admitted they had lifted a tune from the Kinks, Ray said to his Lawyers something to the effect that as long as the Doors gave them credit for it, that was ok.  And the Kinks lawyer said to Ray “but they admitted it, out loud...”

It’s nice to make music in the basement, but it doesn’t pay any bills.  

But all music will be for free soon, and then who will entertain the masses?  

Trump?  That’s been getting old for the last month, other than the existential threat, which, when you think on it has more punch than, say, Beyoncé........ B) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

You don't get why Rihanna wouldn't want Trump to play her music? Why musicians wouldn't want to be associated with Trump (or any politician)?

11 hours ago, Mid said:

Can you say, hypocrite?

Where is the call to levy a hate crime fine and drive this artist out of business?

Now if he was a conservative cake artist refusing to perform for someone on ideological grounds .... 

One standard for Democrats and another for non-democrats. Shame on you.

10 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You don't get why Rihanna wouldn't want Trump to play her music? Why musicians wouldn't want to be associated with Trump (or any politician)?

Then they should manage their own catalog.

1 minute ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Can you say, hypocrite?

Where is the call to levy a hate crime fine and drive this artist out of business?

Now if he was a conservative cake artist refusing to perform for someone on ideological grounds .... 

One standard for Democrats and another for non-democrats. Shame on you.

Shit-bag, unlike sexual orientation or race, is not a protected class, moron.  But I'm sure shit-bags like you wish it was. 

2 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Shit-bag, unlike sexual orientation or race, is not a protected class, moron.  But I'm sure shit-bags like you wish it was. 

Such anger. Sorry, but if Trump is paying the required performance royalties, directly or indirectly, the artist, or more correctly their publisher, has no say on who or when the work can be performed. 

Democrats are so very intellectually bankrupt. If a white artist didn’t want their music played at an Obama rally, the racist card would be flung out in 2 nanosecond. 

6 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Such anger. Sorry, but if Trump is paying the required performance royalties, directly or indirectly, the artist, or more correctly their publisher, has no say on who or when the work can be performed. 

You are correct.  So drop the victim card--  I know it's the right wing "go-to"- but just drop it.  Shit-bag is not a protected class.  A restaurant can deny service to Sarah Huckabee Sanders because she is a shit-bag liar.  They cannot deny service to her because she is a woman.  

10 hours ago, Deplorable1 said:

Where did you find that info or is it just you imitating Trump i.e. lying

5 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

Where did you find that info or is it just you imitating Trump i.e. lying

D1 just makes shit up, or gets all his information from Breitbart/Fox, which is essentially the same as making shit up.

in response to the thread title, why yes i can...

republicans and democrats

there, i said it. are you happy now?

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

That must have been an interesting study because Napster was shutdown in July of 2001.

Democrats’ memories are often foggy when it come issues which are not part of their indoctrinated narrative. As you might remember that there was a thorough investigation into the Napster and it’s users. Many users thought that they might be in legal trouble for sharing and downloading music. 

51 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

D1 just makes shit up, or gets all his information from Breitbart/Fox, which is essentially the same as making shit up.

EC21DD8C-E842-4586-AD7E-81B6D08A36E2.jpeg

1 minute ago, Deplorable1 said:

Democrats’ memories are often foggy when it come issues which are not part of their indoctrinated narrative. As you might remember that there was a thorough investigation into the Napster and it’s users. Many users thought that they might be in legal trouble for sharing and downloading music. 

You are one stupid space cadet.

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

You are one stupid space cadet.

Democrats often resort to juvenile insults when someone has an different opinion than their indoctrinated narrative. 

According to your Doctrine, Trump has obviously forgotten he switched from Democrat to Republican.  

6 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Democrats often resort to juvenile insults when someone has an different opinion than their indoctrinated narrative. 

I'm not a Democrat, fuckwit.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

I'm not a Democrat, fuckwit.

Democrat clones are often butt hurt when they are called out as Democrats. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Democrat clones are often butt hurt when they are called out as Democrats. 

Go fuck yourself, idiot.

No one has to call me out as a Democrat. I'm a registered Democrat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Go fuck yourself, idiot.

Democrats often resort to insults when they have nothing else intelligent to offer. 

12 hours ago, 3to1 said:

he is in fact a fucking idiot

3 minutes ago, dacapo said:

he is in fact a fucking idiot

Democrats often resort to insults when they have nothing else intelligent to offer. 

On the issue of intelligence, please provide a cite for the 72% Napster survey...otherwise, I assume you pulled it out of your ass which seems boundless.  

Republicans often resort to flat out lying because the truth doesn't fly.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

That must have been an interesting study because Napster was shutdown in July of 2001.

A study could have been done in 2002 as they were in the middle of some lawsuits...  they certainly needed some demographic as to the who and what, as to their political affiliation, yea I am calling bullshit too...  But, looking at the majority of their millions of users, many of whom were college students at the time, there could a sliver of truth to this.

4 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

OK, see..  That is the point...  He is not...  

4 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

You are correct.  So drop the victim card--  I know it's the right wing "go-to"- but just drop it.  Shit-bag is not a protected class.  A restaurant can deny service to Sarah Huckabee Sanders because she is a shit-bag liar.  They cannot deny service to her because she is a woman.  

You don't have to be a "Protected class" to have rights. A restaurant is a place of public accommodation and as such can not arbitrarily deny service. Political affiliation would not be a legal discriminant. 

38 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Really? where is the evidence to support that claim? The OP says the venue they rent pays for a performance license. 

19 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Political affiliation would not be a legal discriminant. 

Why not?

Richard Spencer ("Heil Trump!") has been kicked out of his gym and denied service by several establishments because of his politics.  What did those places get wrong and why isn't he suing them? 

13 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You don't have to be a "Protected class" to have rights. A restaurant is a place of public accommodation and as such can not arbitrarily deny service. Political affiliation would not be a legal discriminant. 

Fortunately she was banned because she is a horrible person and would bring disrepute on the restaurant.

neilyoungarchives

DT does not have my permission to use the song ‘Rockin' in the Free World’ at his appearances. Legally, he has the right to, however it goes against my wishes. I made this perfectly clear, after he played it in a media moment to announce his candidacy. I asked him then, in a widely shared, public letter to cease and desist. However, he chose not to listen to my request, just as he chooses not to listen to the many American voices who ask him to stop his constant lies, to stop his petty, nasty name calling and bullying, to stop pushing his dangerous, vilifying and hateful rhetoric. This man does not represent the character of the people in the USA that I have come to know and love. 
I’m Canadian so I can’t vote in the states,
but if you can,
Take this great opportunity to make your voice heard,
and Vote!
Keep on Rocking in the Free World!
Neil Young

https://www.instagram.com/neilyoungarchives/p/Bp12ljZFav6/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1p0zs5u4ceadg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

How many CNN hosts have appeared on stage at campaign rallies?  So much for reporting the news with an independent viewpoint.  

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/media/fox-news-sean-hannity-jeanine-pirro-trump-rally/index.html

Democrats are quick to forget how the media was in love with President Obama. They covered for him every time he lied or did something stupid. 

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Don't confuse him Shaggy - his psyche is pretty tenuous these days.

6 hours ago, Deplorable1 said:

Democrats are so very intellectually bankrupt. If a white artist didn’t want their music played at an Obama rally, the racist card would be flung out in 2 nanosecond. 

Can you give us an example of when this happened? I don't remember Obama using Ted Nugent songs without permission.

15 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Can you give us an example of when this happened? I don't remember Obama using Ted Nugent songs without permission.

If........ I thought Democrats are the elite educated ones here. Reading comprehension must not be in the Democrat school indoctrination curriculum. 

54 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

If........ I thought Democrats are the elite educated ones here. Reading comprehension must not be in the Democrat school indoctrination curriculum. 

Lame alert.....:mellow:

1 hour ago, Amati said:

Lame alert.....:mellow:

Shitty scriptwriter. Time for a car chase or some sideboob to keep the interest up.

7 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Shitty scriptwriter. Time for a car chase or some sideboob to keep the interest up.

Adgreeded, butte dose that macke up time waisted withe thoise who caulle peopel 'shittbages"

14 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Adgreeded, butte dose that macke up time waisted withe thoise who caulle peopel 'shittbages"

What do you expect from Axl Rose?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

What do you expect from Axl Rose?

You our ritte, I dointe expectte muche frome hime and hisse elk.

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

CF cellos with carved maple bridges. lame.

You play cello? You have a better material?

21 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

mapelle ist my choise.... whats is bettere?

Nothinge- if yew lik wolfees, use maepel.....

dew yew whant to here ah kelloe, oar here thee hartiste?  Dew yew deemahnd Han $$$$$$ hinstroomhent, oar ah tahlemant moosiciahn?