Sign in to follow this  
Nailing Malarkey Too

Did You All Underestimate Trump Again

So far no Trump supporters have shot up any polling stations.    No non whites have been lynched for voting.    The election is going better then it could have.   

3 minutes ago, Lark said:

So far no Trump supporters have shot up any polling stations.    No non whites have been lynched for voting.    The election is going better then it could have.   

So far. But with the GOP winning in GA and FLA the danger of RWNJ violence has gone down.

So much for the "blue wave."

I’ve been warning for months there wasn’t a blue wave.   The economy is good.   The next round of tarrifs won’t hit until after the Christmas shopping season.   Inflation won’t be obvious until February.    I’m guessing 4% price increases on most things based on price sheets I’ve been shown,   Voter suppression and gerrymandering work until unrest is great.   Trump was cunning enough to delay most of the consequences until next year.   

Mueller will be fired tomorrow by the new Attorney General.   

26 minutes ago, Lark said:

So far no Trump supporters have shot up any polling stations.

Man Threatens to Shoot up Polling Station This Morning in Pennsylvania

This morning in Washington County, Pennsylvania, a man named Christopher Queen was arrested and charged with making felony terroristic threats, after he showed up to vote at the South Franklin Fire Hall and was turned away.

Cara Sapida of WPXI news in Pittsburgh explained the incident by saying, “[a] man [was] arrested for threatening to shoot up a Washington County polling place. Witnesses told me an elderly poll worker was shaking uncontrollably after he left. State police just caught the suspect.”

https://hillreporter.com/man-threatens-to-shoot-up-polling-station-this-morning-in-pennsyvania-13291

Fox...of all people is predicting the dems will take the house.

After the country voted W in a second time I shook my head at the stupidity of a nation, sadly the events today appear to confirm it. the short term feel good .....will bite you in the ass.

3 minutes ago, Mid said:

Man Threatens to Shoot up Polling Station This Morning in Pennsylvania

https://hillreporter.com/man-threatens-to-shoot-up-polling-station-this-morning-in-pennsyvania-13291

Same as the mass shooting that didn’t happen at a local college today.   Man threatened it and may have shown a gun, but didn’t follow through.    Two crises averted.   

45 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I guess the cruise is on hold.

So you admit to having booked one. Just when you think Jack can't fuck himself over any harder, he proves you wrong. Yet again.

13 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Fox...of all people is predicting the dems will take the house.

After the country voted W in a second time I shook my head at the stupidity of a nation, sadly the events today appear to confirm it. the short term feel good .....will bite you in the ass.

Not unusual in a mid term.  It looks like they will take control but not be able to override a veto.

They will now spend two years investigating everything and setting stuff up for Trump to veto so they can use the veto in the 2020 election.

I'm guessing my forecast will be close to the end result. So no misunderestimatin the Orange-one.

Underestimate Trump? Never underestimate a conman, grifter, megalomaniac. Some of us just overestimated the basic intelligence of the typical voter.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Not unusual in a mid term.

And yet, by your own standards set during Obama's midterms, still a repudiation of the president and his policies. 

Also, despite acknowledging the possibility, wasn't many predicting a change of Senate control. So, in answer to Jack's attempt to spin something out of nothing, no - no underestimation of Trump. Pretty much going according to everyone's predictions, including Nate Silver's ;)

• Like 1

Fox calls house for Dems a remarkable achievement given current district lines. A very blue wave pick up on 35-40 seats.  This is huge as given the shellacking the Pubs are taking in Governor races and state legislatures.  Now dems will reset district lines for a decade to come and this is on top of a very favorable map in 2020.

the investigations will be icing on the blue cake.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

And yet, by your own standards set during Obama's midterms, still a repudiation of the president and his policies. 

Also, despite acknowledging the possibility, wasn't many predicting a change of Senate control. So, in answer to Jack's attempt to spin something out of nothing, no - no underestimation of Trump. Pretty much going according to everyone's predictions, including Nate Silver's ;)

the soft bigotry of low expectations doesn't apply to spray-tanned geriatric rantallion shitheels like trump.

A Republican candidate who once wrote a book called Mating Habits of Bigfoot and Why Women Want Him has been elected to the House of Representatives for his district in Virginia.

Honestly YCMTSU ..........The USA is doomed........

19 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Fox calls house for Dems a remarkable achievement given current district lines. A very blue wave pick up on 35-40 seats.  This is huge as given the shellacking the Pubs are taking in Governor races and state legislatures.  Now dems will reset district lines for a decade to come and this is on top of a very favorable map in 2020.

Not sure if you are being serious.  

With a few exceptions the house has always flipped in the first midterm when the Presidents party controls it.

In 2008 after President Obama and the Dems won big the GOP was considered dead.   Then they won 60+ seats in the house  

Americans like divided government this is simply another chapter that in that long history. 

I do find it interesting that you are looking forward to Gerrymandering. 

Trump won the Indy vote by 4% in 2016.  Today the Indy’s were +12 for dems.

Thats a wave.

dems also crushing the popular vote.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Not sure if you are being serious.  

With a few exceptions the house has always flipped in the first midterm when the Presidents party controls it.

In 2008 after President Obama and the Dems won big the GOP was considered dead.   Then they won 60+ seats in the house  

Americans like divided government this is simply another chapter that in that long history. 

I do find it interesting that you are looking forward to Gerrymandering. 

Very serious. The magnitude of the flip is huge especially so given the way districts were drawn.

I’m glad you are interested in something.

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Trump won the Indy vote by 4% in 2016.  Today the Indy’s were +12 for dems.

Thats a wave.

dems also crushing the popular vote.

The Republicans getting a Gain of 3 or 4 seats in the senate is not exactly a blue wave.

The Republicans holding the governorships in Florida and Ohio will put a damper on your gerrymandering hopes in two key states.

The Dems destroyed any hope of flipping the senate with the circus they created with the Kavenaugh hearings.  Every Senator running in a red state that voted against his appointment lost.

Why would the popular vote and independent break downs  matter outside a presidential election?  

Edit:  Tester May be the lone exception if he holds on

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The Republicans getting a Gain of 3 or 4 seats in the senate is not exactly a blue wave.

The Republicans holding the governorships in Florida and Ohio will put a damper on your gerrymandering hopes in two key states.

The Dems destroyed any hope of flipping the senate with the circus they created with the Kavenaugh hearings.  Every Senator running in a red state that voted against his appointment lost.

Why would the popular vote and independent break downs  matter outside a presidential election?  

A question for you. Should the Senators have voted for Kave-nah, thereby NOT representing their supposed values, or vote their conscience and lose the election? 

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Ohio passed a referendum in May by a 3:1 margin.   Gerrymandering will be harder, slower and less extreme.  The incumbents do have four more years.   https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/09/election-2018-what-ohio-issue-1-how-would-eliminate-gerrymandering/485802002/

414087324_ScreenShot2018-11-07at3_31_42pm.png.a6d00e29d89f19d360520dc64741a86a.png

Loses House by potentially dozens of seats. Calls it a "tremendous success". Hard to underestimate someone that full of shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

A question for you. Should the Senators have voted for Kave-nah, thereby NOT representing their supposed values, or vote their conscience and lose the election? 

I respect those that voted their conscience more than Joe Manchin who clearly voted to save his job.

Under our system you have the right to vote your conscience. 

If it is in direct opposition of the people, in your state you may pay a price.  Clearly those same people have now spoken, about their wishes being ignored. 

11 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I can't wait to see the tax returns.

That and............ the Mueller report........ jus saying....

4 minutes ago, Lark said:

Ohio passed a referendum in May by a 3:1 margin.   Gerrymandering will be harder, slower and less extreme.  The incumbents do have four more years.   https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/09/election-2018-what-ohio-issue-1-how-would-eliminate-gerrymandering/485802002/

Not sure why you are quoting me it was Fakenews that was getting excited about future Gerrymandering by Democrats.  

I find it wrong regardless of which party is engaged in the practice 

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

414087324_ScreenShot2018-11-07at3_31_42pm.png.a6d00e29d89f19d360520dc64741a86a.png

Loses House by dozens of seats. Calls it a "tremendous success". Hard to underestimate someone that full of shit.

The only thing he cares about is his judicial appointments, that and giving the Democrats a roadblock at every turn. 

1 minute ago, Navig8tor said:

That may be a major problem since we will see a new Attorney General after the first of the year. I hope Mueller has a plan 'B'

2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Loses House by dozens of seats. Calls it a "tremendous success". Hard to underestimate someone that full of shit.

Republicans crush the Senate. Say hello to many more conservative  judicial  nominees. Liberal courts are soon history. The conservative judges will be there long after Nancy Pelosi is dead and buried. Democrats think they won tonight but the Senate is now firmly in Republicans hands. The next Supreme Court nominee won’t be at risk by some paid liars like Judy Munro-Leighton and Christine Blasey Ford. 

2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

What were we underestimating? Are you acty watching the election coverage?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I can't wait to see the tax returns.

14 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The only thing he cares about is his judicial appointments, that and giving the Democrats a roadblock at every turn. 

That may be a major problem since we will see a new Attorney General after the first of the year. I hope Mueller has a plan 'B'

Don't think the dems will let this one...... simply disappear quietly...... in fact it may be Donnies first blow torch event without magic R burn cream, you think donnies stacked SC....... might kill it?

Gonna be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Republicans crush the Senate. Say hello to many more conservative  judicial  nominees. Liberal courts are soon history. The conservative judges will be there long after Nancy Pelosi is dead and buried. Democrats think they won tonight but the Senate is now firmly in Republicans hands. The next Supreme Court nominee won’t be at risk by some paid liars like Judy Munro-Leighton and Christine Blasey Ford. 

What the fuck. I had this fuckwit on ignore.

Does the ignore function expire and need to renewed?  What a pain in the ass.

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Democrats often try to ignore the truth especially when they are wrong. 

3 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Judging from the timing/position of your post and the ignored one I can see of Deplorable's; you hit a forum bug. When you reply, the forum "helpfully" adds in any posts that occurred in the meantime. Unfortunately, it forgets to block out the people on the ignore list, so they can creep through.

Only happens if they post between you loading the page and replying on it. So Jack can't use it as to "explain" his replies days later to those that managed to get under his skin and make him forget he's supposed to have them blocked. 

24 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Mueller has lots of sealed indictments in his pocket from what I understand.

I would imagine they will get unsealed on his way to his first meeting with a new AG.

20 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Only a complete and total moron would be pleased at the prospect of an even more politicized SCOTUS.

Who would be your choice for the Roland Freisler appointment?

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Mueller has lots of sealed indictments in his pocket from what I understand.

I would imagine they will get unsealed on his way to his first meeting with a new AG.

Mueller has his Russian collusion investigation nearly completed. It will provevonce and for all that Mrs. Clinton is guilty of colluding with the Russians. 

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Only a complete and total moron would be pleased at the prospect of an even more politicized SCOTUS.

Is Joe McCarthy still dead?

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Would you be calling people Morons if a  president Hillary had made the court even more politicized?

Because if she had won it would be solidly left 5/4 and the prospect of shifting it further if Thomas decides to retire. 

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Democrats will lose their minds with all the new conservative justices. Nancy Pelosi will probably overdose on Botox and will have to step down. 

21 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Would you be calling people Morons if a  president Hillary had made the court even more politicized?

Because if she had won it would be solidly left 5/4 and the prospect of shifting it further if Thomas decides to retire. 

Your user name is apt if you think Hillary was a leftist... hell, she was right of Ray-gun...

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Your user name is apt if you think Hillary was a leftist... hell, she was right of Ray-gun...

I didn’t call Hillary anything, left or right 

How you view her political standing is irrelevant. 

As a Democratic President do you think she would have nominated conservative judges to replace Scalia and Kennedy? 

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I didn’t call Hillary anything, left or right 

How you view her political standing is irrelevant. 

As a Democratic President do you think she would have nominated conservative judges to replace Scalia and Kennedy? 

Middle of the road judges would have been on the agenda.

9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Middle of the road judges would have been on the agenda.

I seem to remember a strong concern that if Hillary won, as expected. Mitch McConnel’s move of not holding hearings for Merrick Garland would blow up, because Hillary would nominate a further left judge.  

Her Husband nominated one of the most hard left Jurist ever, in RBG.

I’m  sure his wife would have matched or exceeded his efforts.  

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

AFAIAC the political views of the prospects shouldn't even be known, let alone a consideration. They are supposed to be selected for their legal judgement, not their political views.

Maybe judges shouldn't be allowed to vote so it can't be a consideration.

3 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

stay the fk off the ocean, you're not worthy.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

And we have 1.5 Million newly eligible voters in FL, a large number of whom are minorities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

A Republican candidate who once wrote a book called Mating Habits of Bigfoot and Why Women Want Him has been elected to the House of Representatives for his district in Virginia.

Honestly YCMTSU ..........The USA is doomed........

That is an stupidly gerrymandered district. My parents live in it. When I last saw them, we were still seeing Riggleman/Cockburn almost two hours out of Charlottesville when we were driving to DC for our flight back to Oz.

On the drive we saw other signs for another race - as we passed through Culpeper - then all of a sudden I was like "Why the hell are we seeing these signs again?"

They manage to take the fairly enlightened bastions of Charlottesville and suburban DC and dilute it with all the shitkickers out in the country side, so Bigfoot-fucker can get elected.

Look at that district - it runs from the southern border of the state all the way to Maryland, while not including places like Culpeper or Richmond with larger minority votes which are presumably diluted elsewhere.

image.png.cef3e9f8396407b3dc49a2ee844c2a60.png

Fun Fact - Leslie Cockburn, the D candidate, is Olivia Wilde's mother. Her daughter came to stump for her mother and Riggleman made a big production over the "out of touch, hollywood elite" coming to town to campaign.

image.png.c098b829f210888cc1417ad2d942949a.png

And yeah, he's in there.

image.png.e4ba1692fefd807ebc49b7c4b1968674.png

One of our cats saw that and she wasn't impressed.

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Judging from the timing/position of your post and the ignored one I can see of Deplorable's; you hit a forum bug. When you reply, the forum "helpfully" adds in any posts that occurred in the meantime. Unfortunately, it forgets to block out the people on the ignore list, so they can creep through.

Only happens if they post between you loading the page and replying on it. So Jack can't use it as to "explain" his replies days later to those that managed to get under his skin and make him forget he's supposed to have them blocked. 

And I guess it also explains why you claim to have me blocked with your ‘double secret LB ignore’ software, yet you still regularly respond to my posts. Just admit it- you like to peek. NTTIAWWT being ‘curious’.

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Yes. However, she didn't and when Obama nominated a respected middle of the road person, the GOP didn't even have the guts to bring it to a vote. 

Whataboutism is generally ineffective, and even less so when you have to "imagine" it up.

4 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

So you admit to having booked one. Just when you think Jack can't fuck himself over any harder, he proves you wrong. Yet again.

Surely you don't need the purple font?

1 minute ago, VOA said:

Surely you don't need the purple font?

Nope. My mockery of Jack works regardless of how one chooses to read it.

5 hours ago, Lark said:

Possibly because good citizens stepped up.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:52 PM, dogballs Tom said:

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

Not sure why you are quoting me it was Fakenews that was getting excited about future Gerrymandering by Democrats.  

I find it wrong regardless of which party is engaged in the practice 

Is it?

Suppose population has grown in an area and what was one district must become two.

There's a river running east to west and TeamR types mostly live on the S side, while TeamD types prefer the N side.

Do you make the river the line? Politicians would like it, but so might voters.

Or do you draw a N to S line and make two divided districts?

As a TeamD voter on the N side, now you're guaranteed a watered-down candidate who doesn't really reflect your views. The poor TeamR voters will get another darn RINO.

Ignoring what the politicians want, are these happy voters?

underestimate.thumb.jpg.549b0195ed9073846498beaa88fc4f5e.jpg

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

And we have 1.5 Million newly eligible voters in FL, a large number of whom are minorities.

That was the biggest shock of the night to me. Florida coming up with a super-majority in a midterm election, to do away with a remaining chunk of Jim Crow?  I thought for sure that would fail. 

I was waiting for a prediction from Jack. Maybe he wasn’t able to complete the data pre-processing. 

Looks like he’ll stick around with this screen name, for a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I was waiting for a prediction from Jack. Maybe he wasn’t able to complete the data pre-processing. 

Who is Jack? Why are you waiting?

9 hours ago, Lark said:

I’ve been warning for months there wasn’t a blue wave.   The economy is good.   The next round of tarrifs won’t hit until after the Christmas shopping season.   Inflation won’t be obvious until February.    I’m guessing 4% price increases on most things based on price sheets I’ve been shown,   Voter suppression and gerrymandering work until unrest is great.   Trump was cunning enough to delay most of the consequences until next year.   

Mueller will be fired tomorrow by the new Attorney General.   

You are underestimating the impact.  We are beginning to see increases in up to 25% in some components.  It's coming.  Although after this election it's pretty much cemented in my mind that old saying "It's the economy stupid".  I think Trump could dump nuclear waste in the Great Lakes on purpose,and nothing would happen as long as the economy keeps chugging along.

A good morning in America. Dem women have unprecedented success.  Scott walker finally thrown out of office. Putin’s favorite congressman (rohrabacher)tossed. Markets move sharply higher.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

You are underestimating the impact.  We are beginning to see increases in up to 25% in some components.  It's coming.  Although after this election it's pretty much cemented in my mind that old saying "It's the economy stupid".  I think Trump could dump nuclear waste in the Great Lakes on purpose,and nothing would happen as long as the economy keeps chugging along.

Abso-lutely!!  Our Countrymen are increasingly stupider and stupider!  Fed by Faux Snooze et aux, propaganda 24/7.  We get the government the majority deserve, and that's a sad commentary on the state of the union, and a pity for those in the minority.    

8 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Loses House by potentially dozens of seats. Calls it a "tremendous success". Hard to underestimate someone that full of shit.

The country spoke. It’s leader thanked the country for voting and accepts the outcome. Yeah what a jerk 

27 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Looks to me like he’s been testing out a couple of new ones, just in case. 

10 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Did you shoot your tiny canon off prematurely? 

29 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Could be.   Some specialized electronics seem to be exceeding that for me,    I wasn’t sure if it was from industry consolidation or import issues.    

Attempts to control algae on Erie will be strictly voluntary now.    

31 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Abso-lutely!!  Our Countrymen are increasingly stupider and stupider!  Fed by Faux Snooze et aux, propaganda 24/7.  We get the government the majority deserve, and that's a sad commentary on the state of the union, and a pity for those in the minority.    

Could you step down off your high horse before addressing deriding your inferiors?

lots new socks ............................

29 minutes ago, chinabald said:

The country spoke. It’s leader thanked the country for voting and accepts the outcome. Yeah what a jerk 

that's how you read this drivel??

6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

That is an stupidly gerrymandered district. My parents live in it. When I last saw them, we were still seeing Riggleman/Cockburn almost two hours out of Charlottesville when we were driving to DC for our flight back to Oz.

On the drive we saw other signs for another race - as we passed through Culpeper - then all of a sudden I was like "Why the hell are we seeing these signs again?"

They manage to take the fairly enlightened bastions of Charlottesville and suburban DC and dilute it with all the shitkickers out in the country side, so Bigfoot-fucker can get elected.

Look at that district - it runs from the southern border of the state all the way to Maryland, while not including places like Culpeper or Richmond with larger minority votes which are presumably diluted elsewhere.

image.png.cef3e9f8396407b3dc49a2ee844c2a60.png

Fun Fact - Leslie Cockburn, the D candidate, is Olivia Wilde's mother. Her daughter came to stump for her mother and Riggleman made a big production over the "out of touch, hollywood elite" coming to town to campaign.

image.png.c098b829f210888cc1417ad2d942949a.png

And yeah, he's in there.

image.png.e4ba1692fefd807ebc49b7c4b1968674.png

Bigfoot looks like he's been working out. 

Oliva Wilde Mmmm.  She was great in Cowboys and Aliens....

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Scott Walker job hunting is a bit ironic. Maybe he can join a union. 

is he an engineer?? perhaps Foxxcon is hiring?

I don't think Scott Wanker graduated from college. Probably not an engineer. Foxconn won't even need floor sweepers. Fully autonomous janitors.

45 minutes ago, VOA said:

Could you step down off your high horse before addressing deriding your inferiors?

Whose new sock is this???

I don’t think it’s a sock as he’s missed a couple of obvious inside jokes. Maybe a newerbie with a sock?

4 minutes ago, chum said:

I don’t think it’s a sock as he’s missed a couple of obvious inside jokes. Maybe a newerbie with a sock?

VWAP?

The big winners are the news organizations and content distributors. With a divided government and Democrats in charge of investigations there are gonna be some new juicy headlines and startling developments that go way beyond Democrat butt hurt from Reich wing court packing. 

Heads may not roll, but the GOP is gonna need some Boudreaux’s

34 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

The big winners are the news organizations and content distributors. With a divided government and Democrats in charge of investigations there are gonna be some new juicy headlines and startling developments that go way beyond Democrat butt hurt from Reich wing court packing. 

Heads may not roll, but the GOP is gonna need some Boudreaux’s

Okay, I'll bite; what's a Boudreaux?

Boudreaux

Jump to navigationJump to search

English[edit]

Etymology[edit]

Borrowed from French Boudreaux.

Proper noun[edit]

Boudreaux

1. (US, Louisiana) A surname.

Usage notes[edit]

A common last name for Cajun people.

French[edit]

Etymology[edit]

EB1911 - Volume 01 - Page 001 - 1.svg This entry lacks etymological information. If you are familiar with the origin of this term, please add it to the page per etymology instructions. You can also discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.

Proper noun[edit]

Boudreaux

1. A surname.

41 minutes ago, chinabald said:

How do you read it?

donny has never given credit to the people for doing anything that doesn't directly help him or make him look good...ever, never. If his past practice was one not of dissent but of unity, I'd agree with you.  However, this is him trying to put a positive spin on a huge loss....IMHO....