Fakenews

Beto O’rouke must run for president

That was the premise of discussion on Michael Smerconish’s show this AM. (BTW he leans center right but is the most fair and balanced commentator I’ve ever heard). I agree with it.

First, apparently it’s been done before. Someone has lost a senate race and then won the presidency.  I didn’t catch who. Second, Beto is a rock star he put a serious scare in to Cruz. In Texas!  He also raised a title wave of money. Third, he has the stones to give Trump some serious shade and look and sound good doing it. Fourth, he’s not black.  It saddens me to say it but there is a sizable racist population and it’s growing more entrenched. Fifth, he 6’6”, he dwarfs Trump.

Run him with Kamala Harris it’s a formidable ticket in 2020.

Edit he’s still selling shirts etc.  I’m going to buy some stuff and support him.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

You are over-reaching on this Fake. Beto is a novelty in Texas and seized on the big anti-trump movement. Despite Cruz's big problems with the truth and women he still won. Texans are very emotional about politics and he seized on that. Beto would get killed in a more centrist and less emotional environment like the Midwest.  

Just posted this in the old Beto thread. 

Beto carried over 48% against an incumbent Republican Senator (albeit a total asshole).  Barrack got 44% in 2008 and 41% in 2012 in TX. 

The Dems desperately need to get a Presidential Candidate to get behind, could he be it?  The guy has undeniable charisma, can raise money, and will be a welcomed contrast to all of the old fucks in DC and in particular Trump.  If the economy starts to shit the bed and if Mueller's report throws enough dirt on Trump, the country will welcome change.  I hope he's given serious consideration but that election is in only two years and would need to start campaigning soon.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Despite Cruz's big problems with the truth and women he still won. 

Did you mean Trump's or did they buy a group pass?

3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Just posted this in the old Beto thread. 

Beto carried over 48% against an incumbent Republican Senator (albeit a total asshole).  Barrack got 44% in 2008 and 41% in 2012 in TX. 

The Dems desperately need to get a Presidential Candidate to get behind, could he be it?  The guy has undeniable charisma, can raise money, and will be a welcomed contrast to all of the old fucks in DC and in particular Trump.  If the economy starts to shit the bed and if Mueller's report throws enough dirt on Trump, the country will welcome change.  I hope he's given serious consideration but that election is in only two years and would need to start campaigning soon.  

He’s got the initial cash advantage on the dem side.

• Downvote 1

Beto could well turn out to be the flavor du jour. 

If parts of society are as racist as you say, why Kamala Harris as VP? Are there that many African-American votes out there that otherwise would stay at home?

The grammar police require notification that "title wave" is actually "tidal wave."

I like Beto, he did very well especially when you consider the Cruz PAC ads that were lower than a snakes belly.  Being liberal in Texas is like being a communist, open borders, giving away all that hard earned money to worthless bums, welfare for illegals, soft on crime.  The R's played the fear card repeatedly.  Put Beto on the national stage and you will also get his lack of experience (never mind the irony of that one, the angry old white folk don't do irony) and it's an uphill battle.

In 6 years? maybe, in 10 years? Absolutely.  Meanwhile, could we get a short break from electioneering? 

5 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I like Beto, he did very well especially when you consider the Cruz PAC ads that were lower than a snakes belly.  Being liberal in Texas is like being a communist, open borders, giving away all that hard earned money to worthless bums, welfare for illegals, soft on crime.  The R's played the fear card repeatedly.  Put Beto on the national stage and you will also get his lack of experience (never mind the irony of that one, the angry old white folk don't do irony) and it's an uphill battle.

In 6 years? maybe, in 10 years? Absolutely.  Meanwhile, could we get a short break from electioneering? 

Maybe Beto would be better suited as a VP candidate. Who for the top of the ticket? No clue. 

12 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Beto could well turn out to be the flavor du jour. 

If parts of society are as racist as you say, why Kamala Harris as VP? Are there that many African-American votes out there that otherwise would stay at home?

The grammar police require notification that "title wave" is actually "tidal wave."

Karmala would be seen as not a threat in the VP role.  It’s also an outreach to the African American community.  But the real reason is she has star power in her own right and would be a capable president. 

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

Maybe Beto would be better suited as a VP candidate. Who for the top of the ticket? No clue. 

I had been thinking about Julian Castro, but can't have 2 Texans.  I had Kirsten Gillibrand as Castro's VP.  Move her to the top slot?

Can't think of a Dem Governor who could pull it off?

56 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Was a segment on NPR radio the other day, about some liberal women in Texas, who have to meet in secret.  Their neighbors would all totally ostracize them, if they were overt about their sentiments.

Just now, billy backstay said:

Was a segment on NPR radio the other day, about some liberal women in Texas, who have to meet in secret.  Their neighbors would all totally ostracize them, if they were overt about their sentiments.

They must not live in Austin.....

1 minute ago, SailBlueH2O said:

They must not live in Austin.....

I have a couple of nephews who are both Chefs in Austin, and it is indeed more lefty, than most of the rest.  Also the Capital of Live Music, supposedly?

13 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

If you meet in secret, aren't you self ostracizing?

16 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I have a couple of nephews who are both Chefs in Austin, and it is indeed more lefty, than most of the rest.  Also the Capital of Live Music, supposedly?

It has been said that Austin is the only civilized place to live in Texas if you are from the north or east.

It took him better than $38 million to lose a state election.  Gawd knows how much it will cost to lose at the national level.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
50 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

It has been said that Austin is the only civilized place to live in Texas if you are from the north or east.

yeah, and that would be bullshit

and beto?  no chance against cuomo + holder

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

It took him better than $38 million to lose a state election.  Gawd knows how much it will cost to lose at the national level.

Considering that $5.2 billion was spent on elections nationally, it seems like peanuts.

4 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Cuomo and Holder? Not if the Dems want to lose

As for Austin there have been quite a few "kids" who grew up in Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Detroit, etc who got their first jobs out of college in Houston and Dallas. Austin was their go to place to experience something similar to the Minnesota or Madison lifestyle. 

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Also the home of Aaron Franklin BBQ. 4 hour lines every morning....

4 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
13 minutes ago, hermetic said:

As for Austin there have been quite a few "kids" who grew up in Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Detroit, etc who got their first jobs out of college in Houston and Dallas. Austin was their go to place to experience something similar to the Minnesota or Madison lifestyle. 

why didn't they just enjoy the texas lifestyle?  or were they northern snobs?

2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

I had been thinking about Julian Castro, but can't have 2 Texans.  I had Kirsten Gillibrand as Castro's VP.  Move her to the top slot?

Can't think of a Dem Governor who could pull it off?

Hickenlooper!!!!!  Beto Hick ticket would be something.  He has crushed CO politics for the last 10 years, managed the cannabis thing pretty well and learned from his mistakes. Started out in life as a Bar/brewery owner.  As gov, he did well.  Rumor has it he is considering a run.  

24 minutes ago, hermetic said:

If Gilly's, shotgun racks and pickup trucks is lifestyle it wasn't for them. Snobs? To use your word, bullshit. They were all kids who came out of public schools, public universities and blue collar to slightly higher demographics.

You are forgetting that Robert Francis has to get in line. There are too many people who think they are next and will command the super delegates. He won’t make it past the primaries. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
49 minutes ago, hermetic said:

If Gilly's, shotgun racks and pickup trucks is lifestyle it wasn't for them. Snobs? To use your word, bullshit. They were all kids who came out of public schools, public universities and blue collar to slightly higher demographics.

that's not a realistic description of dallas or houston.

they were being northern snobs (I'm using a nicer term than I should here, by the way) and headed to austin to find similar non-texas civilization

Just curious, do you any of you Texas experts live here? Passing through or spending a couple of years a job in one location helps but spending decades in all parts of Texas trumps that.  It's a really big place and people vary by location not just urban vs rural.  Beto is the real deal, Cruz a really smart carpet bagger.  And yeah, we have Louie Gohmert but every village has an idiot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chinabald said:

You are forgetting that Robert Francis has to get in line. There are too many people who think they are next and will command the super delegates. He won’t make it past the primaries. 

Obama says hi!

15 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Just curious, do you any of you Texas experts live here? Passing through or spending a couple of years a job in one location helps but spending decades in all parts of Texas trumps that.  It's a really big place and people vary by location not just urban vs rural.  Beto is the real deal, Cruz a really smart carpet bagger.  And yeah, we have Louie Gohmert but every village has an idiot.

The illegals flooding over the borders are modern day equivalent carpet baggers....

Just now, SailBlueH2O said:

The illegals flooding over the borders are modern day equivalent carpet baggers....

The uninformed and ill informed are flooding the internet. 

as Eva Dent

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

...Also the Capital of Live Music, supposedly?

the only thing Austin is the capitol of is hyperbole....well, and Texas.

2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

yes its true, we are all very tired of rust belt midwesterners moving here to escape that hellhole.

If we have learned anything in the last 3 elections, it is, experience in Washington is very easy to turn into negative, a blank slate is much easier to work with.  Beto is the perfect vessel.  Whoever mentioned Como and Holder is not paying attention.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Don't forget he is 1/1024h Mexican. Beto & Liz  ... I like it.

image.thumb.png.39644a7dca30dae87164b028689bbf58.png

Vet carefully and be careful you don't run into any hidden surprises.   John Edwards and Gary Hart were supposed to be the "latest thing", until they weren't.

Comrade Yackov, Mexican isn't a race. Beto is 100% American, unlike you who are half Canadian, half American and 3/4 fruitcake.  Time to go polish your little cannon. 

edit: I can see Malarkey is already shitting his independepants from the hit piece following this post.  Cruz and his PACs ran non stop attack ads on Beto, guess they should have hired Jackass.

I think he is overqualified.... Turned a college degree into a live-in nanny position and advances to Hedley's Humpers ... Like wow man. 

Following college, O'Rourke worked as a live-in nanny for a family in Manhattan, then at Hedley's Humpers as an art mover, before working with his uncle at a startup Internet service provider. During this time, he fell into a depression, unsure of what to do with his life. However, his friends Stevens and Klahr (along with his friend from Columbia University, David Guinn) joined him in New York, and they rented and renovated an inexpensive 2,000-square-foot factory loft in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Interested in the publishing industry, he found a job as a proofreader at H. W. Wilson Company in the Bronx, and wrote short stories and songs in his free time. He began to miss his family and lifestyle in El Paso, and returned to the city in 1998.

After coming home, O'Rourke wanted to tackle the "brain-drain" of El Paso, or the exodus of youth because of lack of opportunity. The following year, he co-founded Stanton Street Technology, an Internet services and software company that develops websites and software.[28][30] His wife, Amy, operates the business as of March 2017. For a few years, the company also published an online (and briefly print) newspaper, also called Stanton Street, that O'Rourke modeled on alternative periodicals like The Village Voice and New York Press. O'Rourke was involved with civic organizations and nonprofit groups such as El Paso's Rotary Club chapter, United Way branch, and Center Against Sexual and Family Violence. He also sat on the boards of the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and of the Institute for Policy and Economic Development at UTEP.

14 minutes ago, Mark Set said:

yes its true, we are all very tired of rust belt midwesterners moving here to escape that hellhole.

The ones I stay in touch with all left within 5 years. Chicago, Boston, Denver, NYC, and Seattle. Not a bad tradeoff.

Gary Hart?  Haven't heard his name in years.  Reminds me of the joke du jour from that era.

What do Donna Rice and Christa Mcauliffe have in common?

They both went down on the Challenger.  

5 minutes ago, nolatom said:

Vet carefully and be careful you don't run into any hidden surprises.   John Edwards and Gary Hart were supposed to be the "latest thing", until they weren't.

They play real hard politics in Texas and you can bet Cruz and the GOP did their best to find something. NADA.

3 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I think he is overqualified.... Turned a college degree into a live-in nanny position and advances to Hedley's Humpers ... Like wow man. 

Following college, O'Rourke worked as a live-in nanny for a family in Manhattan, then at Hedley's Humpers as an art mover, before working with his uncle at a startup Internet service provider. During this time, he fell into a depression, unsure of what to do with his life. However, his friends Stevens and Klahr (along with his friend from Columbia University, David Guinn) joined him in New York, and they rented and renovated an inexpensive 2,000-square-foot factory loft in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Interested in the publishing industry, he found a job as a proofreader at H. W. Wilson Company in the Bronx, and wrote short stories and songs in his free time. He began to miss his family and lifestyle in El Paso, and returned to the city in 1998.

After coming home, O'Rourke wanted to tackle the "brain-drain" of El Paso, or the exodus of youth because of lack of opportunity. The following year, he co-founded Stanton Street Technology, an Internet services and software company that develops websites and software.[28][30] His wife, Amy, operates the business as of March 2017. For a few years, the company also published an online (and briefly print) newspaper, also called Stanton Street, that O'Rourke modeled on alternative periodicals like The Village Voice and New York Press. O'Rourke was involved with civic organizations and nonprofit groups such as El Paso's Rotary Club chapter, United Way branch, and Center Against Sexual and Family Violence. He also sat on the boards of the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and of the Institute for Policy and Economic Development at UTEP.

I’ll stipulate that he’s no rocket scientist.

LOL.

7 minutes ago, 2slow said:

If we have learned anything in the last 3 elections, it is, experience in Washington is very easy to turn into negative, a blank slate is much easier to work with.  Beto is the perfect vessel.  Whoever mentioned Como and Holder is not paying attention.

after yesterday, cuomo owns new york.  he started running for president last night in his coronation speech

he'll use his power in ny to pave the road to the white house.  none of the other hundred candidates have a pulpit like his

and only Bernie can match his accent

11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

They play real hard politics in Texas and you can bet Cruz and the GOP did their best to find something. NADA.

uuuuh, they found plenty. Shows how much you know about the race.

Robert Francis when he was 24 crashed his car while drunk driving and ran from the cops. Case was dropped cuz his dad was a local judge. Obviously this was not well covered by the national mainstream media who adore him so much. 

1 minute ago, Mark Set said:

Robert Francis when he was 24 crashed his car while drunk driving and ran from the cops. Case was dropped cuz his dad was a local judge. Obviously this was not well covered by the national mainstream media who adore him so much. 

Was Laura Bush his Driver's Ed Instructor?

18 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

It beats six bankruptcies which is the new standard.

Beto is OK, but I'm going with Liz Warren 

18 minutes ago, Mark Set said:

Did you ever turn on the TV? Almost nothing about how great Cruz is, everything about what a horrible person Beto is.  Including the dwi.

31 minutes ago, Mark Set said:

Yeah I know that. Anyone who followed the campaign knew that it was covered on every cable network including CNN. That’s all they had and much like GWBs it didn’t matter to voters.

1 hour ago, nolatom said:

That may be the case, but Trump has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, that no matter how many pussies you grab, or how many times you cheat on 3 different wives, you can still be Presidunce, and be supported by nearly half of the people in the United States of Amoral Assholes. 

We are quickly going the way of the Mayans, Romans, Ottomans, British, and many other great and once powerful Empires before us....  Just a matter of when, not if.  I predict the Chinese will be the next sole Superpower, and their reign will be at least as long as ours was..

EDIT..  Our 220 +/- year reign was far shorter than many before us...

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

He needs some “Community Organizer” experience to really beef up that stellar resume...

11 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Don’t bet on Beto. 

26 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Don’t bet on Beto. 

Funny you and nm2 are posting daily at the same times.  Didn't teach you subterfuge at MIT?

11 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Funny you and nm2 are posting daily at the same times.  Didn't teach you subterfuge at MIT?

Wait, I thought Dipstick1 was Dabnis.

On 11/7/2018 at 12:27 PM, billy backstay said:

my band is gonna play SXSW in March..............it IS the capitol of LIVE MUSIC  (although Nashville seems to be just as awesome)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dacapo said:

my band is gonna play SXSW in March..............it IS the capitol of LIVE MUSIC  (although Nashville seems to be just as awesome)

Is Austin as heavy with Country music as I imagine Nashville is?

5 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Is Austin as heavy with Country music as I imagine Nashville is?

It’s certainly easy to find but it’s by no means the predominant music type in either city.  A little more so in Nashville.

To say your bait is lame is insulting lame bait everywhere.  Beto is going places - he energized the D party in Texas including some long standing R judges in Harris County losing their jobs- including one who was so pissed he let everyone go and then today didn't bother to show up for work.

Cruz had to campaign his ass off, call in all the big dogs to run the attack ads and get the angry old white people in the panhandle and E. Texas to come out and vote - because Beto was going to open the borders, welcome MS13 and had out voters registration cards to all the brown people.

So, Mr. I am not a number and all your other lame IDs, try to get some better material. And fakenews - dumbass since you can't even spell his name just stay out of Texas.  i know you worked in Dallas once but they don't want you back.

You chose a great forum name cause you really are deranged.  I have had one username on here since I joined many years ago.  Going on about  Mr. whatever and Dallas - what the fuck is that?  I was in Texas exactly once in my life in 1960 when we drove through the panhandle on the way to Phoenix.

Get a grip pal...

Reading isn't your strong point is it?  I am the d'ranger, you would be the deranged.  And sure, you have never had another ID in 13 years but suddenly started posting. Yep. got it. The last part of that post was not even directed at you, but congrats for at least making an effort at comprehension.

Your insults really suck and are both embarrassing and demeaning to the forum.  Please strive to do better.

You continue to make as ass of yourself Deranged.  Unlike you, I’m not obsessed with politics and this forum, and don’t derive my self-worth by posting on this forum everyday, unlike you.

1 minute ago, J28 said:

You continue to make as ass of yourself Deranged.  Unlike you, I’m not obsessed with politics and this forum, and don’t derive my self-worth by posting on this forum everyday, unlike you.

Seriously, do you know the first fucking thing about sailing?  I will buy the cheapest boat in your harbor and race for pinks?

7 minutes ago, J28 said:

Owning a J28 destroys any vestige of self worth.

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Seriously, do you know the first fucking thing about sailing?  I will buy the cheapest boat in your harbor and race for pinks?

Seriously, what are you, like 16?  That might be the most infantile post in this sewer.  So much compensating - are the penis pump and blue pills not working for you?  BTW, are you drunk or high?

1 hour ago, J28 said:

Seriously, what are you, like 16?  That might be the most infantile post in this sewer.  So much compensating - are the penis pump and blue pills not working for you?  BTW, are you drunk or high?

Take it easy on these delicate Democrats. They are suffering PESD..... Post Election Stress Disorder. 

2 hours ago, J28 said:

Fine, I'll just fuck your wife...again.

12 hours ago, d'ranger said:

To say your bait is lame is insulting lame bait everywhere.  Beto is going places - he energized the D party in Texas including some long standing R judges in Harris County losing their jobs- including one who was so pissed he let everyone go and then today didn't bother to show up for work.

Cruz had to campaign his ass off, call in all the big dogs to run the attack ads and get the angry old white people in the panhandle and E. Texas to come out and vote - because Beto was going to open the borders, welcome MS13 and had out voters registration cards to all the brown people.

So, Mr. I am not a number and all your other lame IDs, try to get some better material. And fakenews - dumbass since you can't even spell his name just stay out of Texas.  i know you worked in Dallas once but they don't want you back.

is there any news on where he goes from here?  texas dem work or national dem work?

the man can raise money

20 hours ago, Fakenews said:

It’s certainly easy to find but it’s by no means the predominant music type in either city.  A little more so in Nashville.

Good answer you gouvernard turd.

10 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Fine, I'll just fuck your wife...again.

Wow!  I was too generous.  I’d say 13 with a face covered in zits.

Please stop before you embarrass yourself even more.

1 hour ago, J28 said:

Wow!  I was too generous.  I’d say 13 with a face covered in zits.

Please stop before you embarrass yourself even more.

She settled for you, that's sad.  J28, even sadder.  

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

She settled for you, that's sad.  J28, even sadder.  

You are PATHETIC with your comments, do you go on the xbox and tell little kids you fuck their moms too?

SAD!

Just now, Not guilty said:

You are PATHETIC with your comments, do you go on the xbox and tell little kids you fuck their moms too?

SAD!

Depends what their mothers look like, right.  

Do your kids know you have to register with the local PD?

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Depends what their mothers look like, right.  

Do your kids know you have to register with the local PD?

AWWW look more lies because you are PATHETIC.

2 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

AWWW look more lies because you are PATHETIC.

How does that work?  Do you have to go door to door and get sign offs...how humiliating.  By the way, when did you finally stop beating your wife?

10 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

SAD!

Why are supposed tolerant Democrats so filled with hate and disdain for their fellow citizens? 

4 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

How does that work?  Do you have to go door to door and get sign offs...how humiliating.  By the way, when did you finally stop beating your wife?

AWWW look more pATHETIC LITTLE LIES, YOU ARE THE DEFINITION OF A LIBTURD.

sad!

2 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Why are supposed tolerant Democrats so filled with hate and disdain for their fellow citizens? 

That is all they have left after they keeps losing.