SailBlueH2O

Jim Acosta...out

21 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I rarely hear Trump or Republicans blame Obama. Unlike Obama, when things are good and getting better fast there is nothing to blame anyone for. You only need a scapegoat if your policies are failing. 

I do hear them blame Obama (and prior presidents) for the deficit. Which by the way Obama is significantly to blame for. Why do I say that? Well, I could mention the costs associated with O'care entitlements. Or I could point to the 2/3rds of the budget that are mandatory entitlements or the wasted stimulus.

But I won't. I will point to just one thing that is an obscene crime against every American and why the Republican drive for a balanced budget amendment is so critical. 

image.thumb.png.7e4801ba9947d34e57d72ffe172f76e5.png

That is $5,000 out of the pocket of every family of four in America. 

Trumps tax cut for Corporations and the richest of the rich certainly contributed mightily to that!!  

8 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Trumps tax cut for Corporations and the richest of the rich certainly contributed mightily to that!!  

Democrats always spout off that the tax cuts are for the rich and corporations. The should do their homework before promoting such nonsense.  Of the total revenues collected by the US government, only 9% comes from corporations. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I rarely hear Trump or Republicans blame Obama. Unlike Obama, when things are good and getting better fast there is nothing to blame anyone for. You only need a scapegoat if your policies are failing. 

I do hear them blame Obama (and prior presidents) for the deficit. Which by the way Obama is significantly to blame for. Why do I say that? Well, I could mention the costs associated with O'care entitlements. Or I could point to the 2/3rds of the budget that are mandatory entitlements or the wasted stimulus.

But I won't. I will point to just one thing that is an obscene crime against every American and why the Republican drive for a balanced budget amendment is so critical. 

image.thumb.png.7e4801ba9947d34e57d72ffe172f76e5.png

That is $5,000 out of the pocket of every family of four in America. 

I wasn’t aware there was a republican drive for a balanced budget.  If there is they seem to not know how to go about it.  A massive tax cut (another tax cut on the wish list), ballooning spending on the military, more spending for DHS, and now a proposed Trillion $ spend on infrastructure.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Fly in ointment for you, I did not vote for Trump, I do not watch Fox News Channel.

I love the irony of an ill-informed first world moron saying what we really need to do is inform people in other country's this is how bad things will happen, when the ill-informed moron can't get his facts straight.

Here's what the government says about asylum https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-states

31 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Democrats always spout off that the tax cuts are for the rich and corporations. The should do their homework before promoting such nonsense.  Of the total revenues collected by the US government, only 9% comes from corporations. 

What does total revenue have to do with Trumps tax cuts for the wealthy?  Absolutely nothing, except that total revenue is decreased adding to the deficit!

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

What does total revenue have to do with Trumps tax cuts for the wealthy?  Absolutely nothing, except that total revenue is decreased adding to the deficit!

Democrats’ reading comprehension seems be rather poor. Seriously, where is the Democrat indoctrinated  “A” team? 

Just now, Deplorable1 said:

Democrats’ reading comprehension seems be rather poor. Seriously, where is the Democrat indoctrinated  “A” team? 

Not only are you Deplorable, you're not very bright and are a Regressive Troll to boot...

8 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Whenever you spend more time on a political statement leading up to a question and then demand Yes or No as a response, you are not a journalist seeking information, you are a political opponent. 

When you ask a question and get a bullshit response,  damn right the press has the right to jump on that bullshit. Not liking the question does not give trump the right to talk shit. He works for you.

Your acceptance of his job performance, and the job performance of other politicians is why you have a dysfunctional government in the first place. Its your money, make some effort to get some value from it.

3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Not only are you Deplorable, you're not very bright and are a Regressive Troll to boot...

Democrats have been told since they were children that they were special and deserved a participation trophy even if the sucked.

2 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

Democrats have been told since they were children that they were special and deserved a participation trophy even if the sucked.

Dont be jealous,  Just because you suck for a different reward.

3 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

I have never been registered a Democrat, but was a Republican for more than a few decades.  Are you Bully Gaytors new sock?  Or Happy Jackoff's?

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

If so how do you explain the record tax receipts of the Federal government? 

Related image

Related image

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I will point to just one thing that is an obscene crime against every American and why the Republican drive for a balanced budget amendment is so critical. 

I sure would like to know more about this "drive" of the Republicans.

I did see a bill (H.J. Res.2) offered by Rep. Goodlatte (R-VA) nearly 2 years ago.  Failed by not getting the requisite 2/3.

Anything since? 

You make it seem like this is a pressing issue for the party who would love us to believe they are about fiscal responsibility.

Don't forget, the GOP controlled both chambers and had the WH at this time.  Can't blame the opposition, especially since you dismiss anyone pointing out how the Dems didn't get anything done in Obama's first two years.

Just now, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

If so how do you explain the record tax receipts of the Federal government? 

Related image

The economy that Obama turned around is still steaming along, little to do with Presidunce Dolt 45.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

I did see a bill (H.J. Res.2) offered by Rep. Goodlatte (R-VA) nearly 2 years ago.  Failed by not getting the requisite 2/3.

Anything since? 

You make it seem like this is a pressing issue for the party who would love us to believe they are about fiscal responsibility.

Don't forget, the GOP controlled both chambers and had the WH at this time.  Can't blame the opposition, especially since you dismiss anyone pointing out how the Dems didn't get anything done in Obama's first two years.

They tried multiple times in the past and the Line item veto. Guess who opposed those efforts. 

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

The economy that Obama turned around is still steaming along, little to do with Presidunce Dolt 45.

Turned around in his 9th and tenth year in office. Clever of him. 

14 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Even Obama himself didn't believe that.  He wwas telling everyone that it was as good as it gets.

http://www.aei.org/publication/team-obama-sorry-america-the-new-normal-may-be-here-to-stay/

From his treasury secretary

The good times may be over for good. In a speech to the Economic Club of New York yesterday, US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said the US GDP growth rate, adjusted for inflation, is now projected to run a little above 2% a year. That would be a significant downshift from the 3.4% average growth rate from the end of World War II until 2007.

21 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Dont be jealous,  Just because you suck for a different reward.

When Democrats have nothing of value to contribute to a conversation, they resort to petty juvenile insults. 

24 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

So then using that logic, it is safe to say the economy the Regan turned around steamed well into Clinton's administration giving him the credit for a robust economy at the time?

29 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:
31 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Anything since? 

They tried multiple times in the past and the Line item veto. Guess who opposed those efforts. 

I am not interested in old news.  How about something current?  The GOP has had the reins for some time. 

From 1995, the GOP had been the majority in the House for all but 2 sessions and the majority in the Senate for all but 5 sessions. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 4.53.29 PM.png

What have they been working on besides tax cuts?  Those don't balance the budget.

Whataboutism 201: when the subject is Trump, mentions of the deeds or misdeeds of former presidents do not contribute to the discussion.

27 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

So then using that logic, it is safe to say the economy the Regan turned around steamed well into Clinton's administration giving him the credit for a robust economy at the time?

If you forget about the early 90s recession, sure. I get it, you are fact impervious, just pull something out of your ass and the rightwing jerkoffs well clap you on the back.

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

Whataboutism 201: when the subject is Trump, mentions of the deeds or misdeeds of former presidents do not contribute to the discussion.

Democrats feel it’s appropriate to refer to past administrations or history when it suits their narrative. For those with opposing viewpoints, it’s out of bounds. 

5 hours ago, benwynn said:

If you put the fuckwit on ignore, you don't have to see the totally made up bullshit.  It really improves the forum quality.

I find he gives me good laugh, it’s probably unfair to laugh at the mentally impaired, but I can’t help it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mad said:

How fucking long is this shit going to continue?? Just about everything needs to be double checked for lies with these guys. 

LIES........ its how they roll. Then they get offended when called out.

Sarah should be ashamed using fake imagery, but tomorrow, will be another day of the same bullshit.

44 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

If you forget about the early 90s recession, sure. I get it, you are fact impervious, just pull something out of your ass and the rightwing jerkoffs well clap you on the back.

A recession that only really hit the west coast and parts of the north east... Once the ship righted itself, it turned around pretty quick...

Take a look at the growth from 1980 to Q2 1990.... longest peacetime economic expansion in U.S. history right?

9 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

A recession that only really hit the west coast and parts of the north east... Once the ship righted itself, it turned around pretty quick...

Take a look at the growth from 1980 to Q2 1990.... longest peacetime economic expansion in U.S. history right?

No. Your timeline is wrong.

here you go

PS American soldiers would like to remind you we’ve been at war for 17 years.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/30/news/economy/us-economy-boom-history/index.html

4 hours ago, nacradriver said:

And for how many years did we hear 'it's Bush's fault" with the O-Man was cribbing in the Oval?

You may have Obama mixed up with the families of the 8000+ dead soldiers that Bush sent to two failed wars that were Bush's fault. It's easy to get them mixed up.

4 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I don't care if they are coming to pick bubble gum out of all the sidewalks in the lower 48 for free.....they are illegal the instant they step over the border and should be not be allowed in or to ever return ....come through the proper legal channels and you are welcomed with open arms.

They haven't done anything illegal since they are not even close to the border, and won't be for some time. But please, clean your guns and hide your women because when they do finally arrive at a legal port of entry and ask for asylum, all hell will break loose.

14 minutes ago, bhyde said:

You may have Obama mixed up with the families of the 8000+ dead soldiers that Bush sent to two failed wars that were Bush's fault. It's easy to get them mixed up.

One solder's life is one too many, but do you want go and fact check yourself on the 8,000 number  

White House News Photographers Association: We're 'appalled' that Sanders may have shared 'manipulat

Source: The Hill

The White House News Photographers Association (WHNPA) on Thursday voiced outrage over the possibility that White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders shared a "manipulated" video to justify the Trump administration's suspension of CNN correspondent Jim Acosta's press credentials. 

“The White House News Photographers Association is appalled to learn that the White House spokesperson may have shared a manipulated video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s interaction with a White House intern during a news conference," WHNPA President Whitney Shefte said in a statement. 

"As visual journalists, we know that manipulating images is manipulating truth. It’s deceptive, dangerous and unethical," she added. “Knowingly sharing manipulated images is equally problematic, particularly when the person sharing them is a representative of our country’s highest office with vast influence over public opinion.” 

Shefte's comments come as the White House faces growing scrutiny over its decision to pull Acosta's hard press pass. The administration claimed that it suspended Acosta's credentials for becoming physical with a young female White House intern as he tried to ask President Trump a question. 

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/415785-white-house-news-photographers-association-were-appalled-that-sanders-may-have 

Think at the end of the day that this is just press baiting......oh quick look over here a squirrel  ....while a trumpesque transition goes down at the DOJ.

6 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

One solder's life is one too many, but do you want go and fact check yourself on the 8,000 number  

My mistake 4,424 in Iraq and 4,092 in Afghanistan per Wiki. That's closer to 8500 and who knows how many civilians (500K+ ?). Who's fault do you think that is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_in_the_war_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)

12 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

How many died because of PTSD? Drunk driving, drugs. suicide?

35 minutes ago, bhyde said:

They haven't done anything illegal since they are not even close to the border, and won't be for some time. But please, clean your guns and hide your women because when they do finally arrive at a legal port of entry and ask for asylum (as is also legal) all hell will break loose.

With your permission...Clarified that just a little bit for the idiot's better comprehension of the rule of law.  

• Like 1

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with yanking his credentials. Nothing about his antics came across as reporting. 

Likewise, there’s a reason people like Rush and Hannity shouldn’t be in the Whitehouse press corps. 

The Partisan hacks should stick to their studios.  I wish it was only real reporters allowed in, regardless of whatever party.  

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with yanking his credentials. Nothing about his antics came across as reporting. 

Likewise, there’s a reason people like Rush and Hannity shouldn’t be in the Whitehouse press corps. 

The Partisan hacks should stick to their studios.  I wish it was only real reporters allowed in, regardless of whatever party.  

Your screen name is very apt.  

3 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Turned around in his 9th and tenth year in office. Clever of him. 

President Obama constantly whined about the negatives he inherited from the previous administration yet wants to take credit for the positive developments in the subsequent administration. From his perspective he needs to preserve what little legacy he has left. 

Acosta is a political hack disguised as a reporter.  This was a stunt committed for ratings and it looks like it worked cause it’s all over the news today.  

18 minutes ago, Deplorable1 said:

President Obama constantly whined about the negatives he inherited from the previous administration yet wants to take credit for the positive developments in the subsequent administration. From his perspective he needs to preserve what little legacy he has left. 

I thought you were out infiltrating the local Antifa protest.

Or was that a lie?

37 minutes ago, J28 said:

Acosta is a political hack disguised as a reporter.  This was a stunt committed for ratings and it looks like it worked cause it’s all over the news today.  

Yeah but he won't be in the WH tomorrow. or the next day.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I am not interested in old news.  How about something current?  The GOP has had the reins for some time. 

From 1995, the GOP had been the majority in the House for all but 2 sessions and the majority in the Senate for all but 5 sessions. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 4.53.29 PM.png

What have they been working on besides tax cuts?  Those don't balance the budget.

Actually, they do. 

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

My mistake 4,424 in Iraq and 4,092 in Afghanistan per Wiki. That's closer to 8500 and who knows how many civilians (500K+ ?). Who's fault do you think that is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_in_the_war_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)

You didn't say causalities you said dead...

2 hours ago, bhyde said:

13 hours ago, Dog said:

Criticizing Trump and integrity are two different things.

You seem to think I believe they are the same thing. You'd be wrong.

Being unable to criticise Trump without also criticising someone else is a sign of lacking integrity. My post was pretty clear. My apologies for not dumbing it down for you.

5 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

You didn't say causalities you said dead...

I meant causalities. Sorry, in the nitpicking game I forgot blown off arms and legs and brain damage and spinal injuries don't count. Only death, got it. And therefore, by extension, it wasn't Bush's fault and everyone came home to live happy, fruitful lives and tell wonderful war stories to their children around the campfire. Except the guys that got their dicks blown off. They didn't have children or build campfires. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

13 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Yes.

It was a press conference for all the reporters, not just Acosta.

He asked one question and didn't like the answer.  He did not pursue that line but started off on a new one.  At that point, his time was up.  He had no right to hog the mike and certainly not to push the mike tender away while withholding it.

His microphone is at CNN Washington, not a shared facility in the White House.  He was at least rude and unproffessional.

Whenever you spend more time on a political statement leading up to a question and then demand Yes or No as a response, you are not a journalist seeking information, you are a political opponent.  Trump dealt with him as such.

Indeed. Acosta was rude. I'd debate the "unprofessional" label because, frankly, professional journalists don't get to the bottom of things by being unswervingly polite. They do so by, as Acosta did, pressing for answers on questions the president preferred not asked in the first place. However, if the journalist was rude and unprofessonal, I assume you hold Trump in even lower regard given he was more so.

Shame the White House doesn't have the guts to own the "we think he was rude and unprofessional and consider him an political opponent so that's why we cancelled his pass" position. Instead they doubled down on bullshit. Curious - do you support them making shit up about people they don't like (opponents or otherwise)?

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I thought you were out infiltrating the local Antifa protest.

Or was that a lie?

I went and checked it out. Boring. Just a bunch of old fat Democrats whose brains were stuck in the 1960s. 

4 hours ago, bhyde said:

There were more dead in Afghanistan under Obama than Bush.

4 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Well, then it's a good thing Bush started the war so you would have something to hang on the Democrats. Good job. How'd it go in Iraq?

3 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Well, then it's a good thing Bush started the war so you would have something to hang on the Democrats. Good job. How'd it go in Iraq?

President Bush inherited President Clinton’s foreign policy failures. If Clinton had focused on his job instead of interns the attacks on 911 might never have happened. 

Karate Chop ? give me a break .

maxresdefault.jpg

47 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Are we including Bin Laden? 

edit: And what's up with Debuttplug1? Even on ignore he is posting like a crazy person.  Oh, that's why he is on ignore, never mind.

I thought Trump was wise, if cowardly, to wait until she had snatched the mike from Acosta before he waved his finger at him and called him a terrible person. One of these days someone is not going to back down, maybe.  Biden is too old but a debate between Biden and Trump would be fun to watch. 

31 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

edit: And what's up with Debuttplug1? Even on ignore he is posting like a crazy person.  Oh, that's why he is on ignore, never mind.

Ignore: Silence of the Lames.

2 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I thought Trump was wise, if cowardly, to wait until she had snatched the mike from Acosta before he waved his finger at him and called him a terrible person. One of these days someone is not going to back down, maybe.  Biden is too old but a debate between Biden and Trump would be fun to watch. 

Trump cannot string two coherent sentences together, he would get three words in.......... before reducing to name calling and linking irrational shit together, just like the schoolyard bully he is.

I would love to see him struggle in any debate, where he would be required to think on his feet...... and form coherent responses to any argument or position in real time..... he would show the world what a complete shyster and moron he really is.

I know he's  already done so in the short version....... like this presser which was a disaster....... everyone's saying so.

3 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Trump cannot string two coherent sentences together, he would get three words in.......... before reducing to name calling and linking irrational shit together, just like the schoolyard bully he is.

I would love to see him struggle in any debate, where he would be required to think on his feet...... and form coherent responses to any argument or position in real time..... he would show the world what a complete shyster and moron he really is.

I know he's  already done so in the short version....... like this presser which was a disaster....... everyone's saying so.

You may recall that Trump debated Hillary in the 2016 Presidential Campaign. His devote followers will state categorically that he won. He of course lost by any objective measure, but he won the hearts and minds of all the deplorables. That's all that counts. He uses AM radio sportscaster type debating techniques. If the person starts to say something reasonable, he immediately interrupts or diverts or just start making rude noises. It's hard to debate someone that simply won't let you speak. Watch any press conference with Trump. The reporters rarely complete a question before numbnuts barges in and interrupts, "wrong, lies, fake news, you're rude, etc." It's like trying to debate a drunk.

4 hours ago, another 505 sailor said:

What does cribbing in the oval mean?

It means Nacrid-driver is a racist.  He probably thinks it funny and clever to slip the word "n****r" into his conversations with his friends.  

33 minutes ago, bhyde said:

You may recall that Trump debated Hillary in the 2016 Presidential Campaign. His devote followers will state categorically that he won. He of course lost by any objective measure, but he won the hearts and minds of all the deplorables. That's all that counts. He uses AM radio sportscaster type debating techniques. If the person starts to say something reasonable, he immediately interrupts or diverts or just start making rude noises. It's hard to debate someone that simply won't let you speak. Watch any press conference with Trump. The reporters rarely complete a question before numbnuts barges in and interrupts, "wrong, lies, fake news, you're rude, etc." It's like trying to debate a drunk.

He doesn’t drink therefore It would be fair to conclude you are dealing with a moron.would it not?

36 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Is that the one where he followed her around,  looking at her arse?

4 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Ain’t it great. He’ll win in 2020 and that means 6 more years. 6 more years of listening to a bunch of delicate Democrats whine about his words. 

8 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

You seem to think I believe they are the same thing. You'd be wrong.

Being unable to criticise Trump without also criticising someone else is a sign of lacking integrity. My post was pretty clear. My apologies for not dumbing it down for you.

Whatever.... The bolded statement above is a clear sign of stupidity.

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

Whatever.... The bolded statement above is a clear sign of stupidity.

-laugh- You keep telling yourself that, Dog. You never know, maybe you're moronic enough to eventually believe it.

12 hours ago, nacradriver said:

Recovery has yet to fully embrace the Northeast.  Ten years on, we still have empty moorings and docks, in one of the most desirable boating areas of New England.

6 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Sure, if you like.  But, it was in Pakistan.

10 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Actually, they do. 

And, yet, they haven’t. And, we’ve had a few of those “budget balancing” tax cuts in the last 20 years. 

I guess the GOP has to keep flinging shit at the wall in the hope that one day it’ll stick. 

44 minutes ago, VOA said:

That link is the ABC Australia and not the WH. 

The news organization may be Australian. But, they are reporting on the fact that a doctored video was shared by the Press Secretary. She works in the White House. 

43 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

-laugh- You keep telling yourself that, Dog. You never know, maybe you're moronic enough to eventually believe it.

"Being unable to criticise Trump without also criticising someone else is a sign of lacking integrity"....Bent sailor

Just now, Dog said:

"Being unable to criticise Trump without also criticising someone else is a sign of lacking integrity"....Bent sailor

Is it working yet?

5 minutes ago, VOA said:

Was that a tweet or an official statement?

Doesn’t matter. It was shared as justification for yanking his pass. 

She is the Press Secretary. She was acting in her capacity as such. 

It is bullshit. 

You seem to have no trouble with being lied to. 

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It is bullshit. 

I watched it in whole. Did acosta not bat her off from doing her job? 

Just now, VOA said:

Yes, he did.  But, that doesn't count.

CNN still has another 10 or so reporters in the pool.

30 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It is bullshit. 

Who put that video together, the editors at Project Veritas?  

41 minutes ago, VOA said:

"Excuse me, ma'am."

I can see why President Trump took issue.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

"Excuse me, ma'am."

I can see why President Trump took issue.

It's just a jump to the left

Did Acosta not bat her off from doing her job?

4 minutes ago, VOA said:

It's just a jump to the left

On which video are you basing your position?  The real one or the fake one shared by SHS?

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

On which video are you basing your position?  The real one or the fake one shared by SHS?

5 minutes ago, VOA said:

no........................you  putz

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VOA said:

I see her trying to take the mic and him politely declining.

The video being shared by the Press Secretary as justification for the pass being yanked was manipulated to make it appear that he was more physical.

It is clear you've been misled by the Press Secretary sharing a doctored video.

Why aren't you concerned with the fact that the Press Secretary is spreading bullshit in the form of a video she lifted from InfoWars?