Bull City

President Cadet Bonespurs and November 11, 1918

Recommended Posts

Our courageous president was not able to visit American graves at Aisne-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial in Belleau, France, because of nasty weather. 

"White House chief of staff John Kelly and Gen. Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, made the roughly 50-mile long trip to the cemetery in a small motorcade of vehicles. The drive took about 90 minutes each way. Separately, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel traveled a similar distance by car to a commemorative event in northern France." (NBC News)

Trump, a disgraceful turd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That fuck isn’t worthy to honor those great men who gave their lives so this  shitstain could do what he does. He was prolly eating a Royale with Cheese 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TrumpDerangementSyndrome is so strong you have 2 threads on your great President for the same thing.

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bravest Warrior in the GOP cannot get his phone wet, lest he be disarmed for battle by tweet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not guilty said:

The TrumpDerangementSyndrome is so strong you have 2 threads on your great President for the same thing.

You are as big a P.O.S. as your great president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You are as big a P.O.S. as your great president.

Good, then stay out of our country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Negative to that because fortunately the majority of Americans are not like you - or your great president.

The majority of Americans are good people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grandfather fought in WW1. He was stationed in England, then deployed to France..... He probably only survived because he caught the Flu.... (Apparently more people died from the Spanish Flu than anything else, but that may just be a myth). His unit was pretty much wiped out, either by Flu, mustard gas, or chronic lead poisoning. He didn't like to talk about it, and the letters to his fiance (my grandmother) were horrific enough, even though heavily censored.

 

Trump has no honor. Never did, and as far as I can tell, never will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hit the nail on the head...
 

November 10, 2018

We are now before the 100th anniversary of World War I, the war that was supposed to end all wars. While honoring the 16 million who died in this conflict, we should also condemn the memory of the politicians, officials and incompetent generals who created this horrendous blood bath.

I’ve walked most of the Western Front of the Great War, visited its battlefields and haunted forts, and seen the seas of crosses marking its innumerable cemeteries.

As a former soldier and war correspondent, I’ve always considered WWI as he stupidest, most tragic and catastrophic of all modern wars.

The continuation of this conflict, World War II, killed more people and brought more destruction on civilians in firebombed cities but, at least for me, World War I holds a special horror and poignancy. This war was not only an endless nightmare for the soldiers in their pestilential trenches, it also violently ended the previous 100 years of glorious European civilization, one of mankind’s most noble achievements.

I’ve explored the killing fields of Verdun many times and feel a visceral connection to this ghastly place where up to 1,000,000 soldiers died. I have even spent the night there, listening to the sirens that wailed without relent, and watching searchlights that pierced the night, looking for the ghosts of the French and German soldiers who died here.

Verdun’s soil was so poisoned by explosives and lethal gas that to this day it produces only withered, stunted scrub and sick trees. Beneath the surface lie the shattered remains of men and a deadly harvest of unexploded shells that still kill scores of intruders each year. The spooky Ossuaire Chapel contains the bone fragments of 130,000 men, blown to bits by the millions of high explosive shells that deluged Verdun.

The town of the same name is utterly bleak, melancholy and cursed. Young French and German officers are brought here to see firsthand the horrors of war and the crime of stupid generalship.

Amid all the usual patriotic cant from politicians, imperialists and churchmen about the glories of this slaughter, remember that World War I was a contrived conflict that was totally avoidable. Contrary to the war propaganda that still clouds and corrupts our historical view, World War I was not started by Imperial Germany.

Professor Christopher Clark in his brilliant book, `The Sleepwalkers’ shows how officials and politicians in Britain and France conspired to transform Serbia’s murder of Austro-Hungary’s Crown Prince into a continent-wide conflict. France burned for revenge for its defeat in the 1870 Franco-Prussian War and loss of Alsace-Lorraine. Britain feared German commercial and naval competition. At the time, the British Empire controlled one quarter of the world’s surface. Italy longed to conquer Austria-Hungary’s South Tyrol. Turkey feared Russia’s desire for the Straits. Austria-Hungary feared Russian expansion.

Prof Clark clearly shows how the French and British maneuvered poorly-led Germany into the war. The Germans were petrified of being crushed between two hostile powers, France and Russia. The longer the Germans waited, the more the military odds turned against them. Tragically, Germany was then Europe’s leader in social justice.

Britain kept stirring the pot, determined to defeat commercial and colonial rival, Germany. The rush to war became a gigantic clockwork that no one could stop. All sides believed a war would be short and decisive. Crowds of fools chanted ‘On to Berlin’ or ‘On to Paris.’

Few at the time understood the impending horrors of modern war or the geopolitical demons one would release. The 1904 Russo-Japanese War offered a sharp foretaste of the 1914 conflict, but Europe’s grandees paid scant attention.

Even fewer grasped how the collapse of the antiquated Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empires would send Europe and the Mideast into dangerous turmoil that persists to our day. Or how a little-known revolutionary named Lenin would shatter Imperial Russia and turn it into the world’s most murderous state.

This demented war in Europe tuned into an even greater historic tragedy in 1917 when US President Woodrow Wilson, driven by a lust for power and prestige, entered the totally stalemated war on the Western Front. One million US troops and starvation caused by a crushing British naval blockade turned the tide of battle and led to Germany’s surrender.

Vengeful France and Britain imposed intolerable punishment on Germany, forcing it to accept full guilt for the war, an untruth that persists to this day. The result was Adolf Hitler and his National Socialists. If an honorable peace had been concluded in 1917, neither Hitler nor Stalin might have seized power and millions of lives would have been saved. This is the true tragedy of the Great War.

Let us recall the words of the wise Benjamin Franklin: `No good war, no bad peace.’

Copyright Eric S. Margolis 2018

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

My grandfather fought in WW1. He was stationed in England, then deployed to France..... He probably only survived because he caught the Flu.... (Apparently more people died from the Spanish Flu than anything else, but that may just be a myth). His unit was pretty much wiped out, either by Flu, mustard gas, or chronic lead poisoning. He didn't like to talk about it, and the letters to his fiance (my grandmother) were horrific enough, even though heavily censored.

 

Trump has no honor. Never did, and as far as I can tell, never will.

IMHO it's worse than "no honor." I believe President Trump thinks "honor" is just a trick to get other people to do your fighting for you. Just like he appeals to honesty and integrity when dealing with people, so he can rob them more thoroughly (this is not just my opinion, this is a paraphrase of his "Art Of The Deal.")

I hope that the men & women in the uniforms our country will forgive him, and continue their honorable service. I also hope they will remember this, next election

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:
Hit the nail on the head...
 

November 10, 2018

We are now before the 100th anniversary of World War I, the war that was supposed to end all wars. While honoring the 16 million who died in this conflict, we should also condemn the memory of the politicians, officials and incompetent generals who created this horrendous blood bath.

I’ve walked most of the Western Front of the Great War, visited its battlefields and haunted forts, and seen the seas of crosses marking its innumerable cemeteries.

As a former soldier and war correspondent, I’ve always considered WWI as he stupidest, most tragic and catastrophic of all modern wars.

The continuation of this conflict, World War II, killed more people and brought more destruction on civilians in firebombed cities but, at least for me, World War I holds a special horror and poignancy. This war was not only an endless nightmare for the soldiers in their pestilential trenches, it also violently ended the previous 100 years of glorious European civilization, one of mankind’s most noble achievements.

I’ve explored the killing fields of Verdun many times and feel a visceral connection to this ghastly place where up to 1,000,000 soldiers died. I have even spent the night there, listening to the sirens that wailed without relent, and watching searchlights that pierced the night, looking for the ghosts of the French and German soldiers who died here.

Verdun’s soil was so poisoned by explosives and lethal gas that to this day it produces only withered, stunted scrub and sick trees. Beneath the surface lie the shattered remains of men and a deadly harvest of unexploded shells that still kill scores of intruders each year. The spooky Ossuaire Chapel contains the bone fragments of 130,000 men, blown to bits by the millions of high explosive shells that deluged Verdun.

The town of the same name is utterly bleak, melancholy and cursed. Young French and German officers are brought here to see firsthand the horrors of war and the crime of stupid generalship.

Amid all the usual patriotic cant from politicians, imperialists and churchmen about the glories of this slaughter, remember that World War I was a contrived conflict that was totally avoidable. Contrary to the war propaganda that still clouds and corrupts our historical view, World War I was not started by Imperial Germany.

Professor Christopher Clark in his brilliant book, `The Sleepwalkers’ shows how officials and politicians in Britain and France conspired to transform Serbia’s murder of Austro-Hungary’s Crown Prince into a continent-wide conflict. France burned for revenge for its defeat in the 1870 Franco-Prussian War and loss of Alsace-Lorraine. Britain feared German commercial and naval competition. At the time, the British Empire controlled one quarter of the world’s surface. Italy longed to conquer Austria-Hungary’s South Tyrol. Turkey feared Russia’s desire for the Straits. Austria-Hungary feared Russian expansion.

Prof Clark clearly shows how the French and British maneuvered poorly-led Germany into the war. The Germans were petrified of being crushed between two hostile powers, France and Russia. The longer the Germans waited, the more the military odds turned against them. Tragically, Germany was then Europe’s leader in social justice.

Britain kept stirring the pot, determined to defeat commercial and colonial rival, Germany. The rush to war became a gigantic clockwork that no one could stop. All sides believed a war would be short and decisive. Crowds of fools chanted ‘On to Berlin’ or ‘On to Paris.’

Few at the time understood the impending horrors of modern war or the geopolitical demons one would release. The 1904 Russo-Japanese War offered a sharp foretaste of the 1914 conflict, but Europe’s grandees paid scant attention.

Even fewer grasped how the collapse of the antiquated Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empires would send Europe and the Mideast into dangerous turmoil that persists to our day. Or how a little-known revolutionary named Lenin would shatter Imperial Russia and turn it into the world’s most murderous state.

This demented war in Europe tuned into an even greater historic tragedy in 1917 when US President Woodrow Wilson, driven by a lust for power and prestige, entered the totally stalemated war on the Western Front. One million US troops and starvation caused by a crushing British naval blockade turned the tide of battle and led to Germany’s surrender.

Vengeful France and Britain imposed intolerable punishment on Germany, forcing it to accept full guilt for the war, an untruth that persists to this day. The result was Adolf Hitler and his National Socialists. If an honorable peace had been concluded in 1917, neither Hitler nor Stalin might have seized power and millions of lives would have been saved. This is the true tragedy of the Great War.

Let us recall the words of the wise Benjamin Franklin: `No good war, no bad peace.’

Copyright Eric S. Margolis 2018

 There is much to quibble with in that, but he's not all wrong. Main quibble is the sensationalism, that the conditions which existed in 1914 exist today? Some do but most don't. The fuel for nationalism was far different then than it is now. If hostilities broke out they would look far different due to MAD. Wilson sought self-aggrandizement is but his opinion, one not supported by any of the documentation of that administration too. Wilson sought to end all wars by creating a global community. He was an isolationist right up to the point where conditions shook him out of that tree. 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're being kind Mark - that thing is full of bullshit  from beginning to end.

Wilhelm was the grandson of Victoria and was regarded as the Trump of the Euro royals. He spent his life craving the approval and respect of the other Euro royals but never got it because he was such a lout.

That simple fact was the foundation of WW I, not that BS about Britain and France orchestrating it.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You're being kind Mark - that thing is full of bullshit  from beginning to end.

Wilhelm was the grandson of Victoria and was regarded as the Trump of the Euro royals. He spent his life craving the approval and respect of the other Euro royals but never got it because he was such a lout.

That simple fact was the foundation of WW I, not that BS about Britain and France orchestrating it.

 

He had a withered arm and his upbringing reinforced a huge inferiority complex. He made all his Navy officers take up sailing, though, so that's one good thing.

Putting the blame on England is borderline psycho IMHO. Might as well blame Belgium.... hey they were part of the struggle for colonies to exploit, and part of the entangling alliances too! England was -the- world power, no need of a war to gain influence. They may well have worked to manipulate Germany (Bismarck would never have fallen for that shit) but Germany had the most to gain and had spent decades building up her military specifically for the purpose of taking on England and France.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Might as well blame Belgium.... hey they were part of the struggle for colonies to exploit, and part of the entangling alliances too

Belgium wasn't that interested in getting colonies. Leopold II was - so he could pay for a yacht, mistress, general conspicuous conception - and the Congo was his personal property until 1908. After much abuse it converted to a Belgian colony.

the European royals were a bunch of inbred illeducated morons, who dominated the continent with their barely branching family tree. picking and choosing which to blame is a bit silly; they were all hidebound to institutions they didn't have the mental capacity to chair. once things got rolling on the road to war none had the will to stop it, once war began none had the ability to wage it effectively.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Belgium wasn't that interested in getting colonies. Leopold II was - so he could pay for a yacht, mistress, general conspicuous conception - and the Congo was his personal property until 1908. After much abuse it converted to a Belgian colony.

the European monarchies were a bunch of inbred illeducated morons, who dominated the continent with their barely branching family tree. picking and choosing which to blame is a bit silly; they were all hidebound to institutions they didn't have the mental capacity to chair. once things got rolling on the road to war none had the will to stop it, once war began none had the ability to wage it effectively.

Yes and no. You should read up on some of the monarchs of history, many were very smart and capable people with interesting perspectives on their accident of birth. (edit to add) and some were just dicks.

My point was that Great Britain did not start WW1 for the simple reason that they were already on top. You don't start a war when you cannot possibly improve your world position by doing so.

Great Britain was willing to go to war to keep Germany from gaining a dominant position. If they were so masterfully manipulative, as suggested by M Rat above, why resort to a wasteful expensive war?

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 5:20 PM, Not guilty said:

My stupidity and faith  is so strong you have 2 threads on my asshole of a President for the same thing and I still won’t understand

FIFY

8CB3EC02-3E41-49EB-A591-DCFEFDB239EB.jpeg

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got nothing to add.  Donnie was fucking wrong.  I am disappointed Mattis, did not throw him over his should and say “bitch you are going”.

 

That said, he is still the POTUS.  To the canuks and Ozzies who have an issue- fuck off.  He is still POTUS of all Americans,

 

Memo to Dems— FFS find someone decent to run!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

FIFY

8CB3EC02-3E41-49EB-A591-DCFEFDB239EB.jpeg

I like JFK's trousers. Not sure about the cuffs, but I like the stripes, and the cut. Roomy.

Notice also that hist thumbs, and his little finger are wider than the sleeve of his jacket, and that his necktie doesn't extend down past his zipper......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yes and no. You should read up on some of the monarchs of history, many were very smart and capable people with interesting perspectives on their accident of birth. (edit to add) and some were just dicks.

I've read a reasonable bit on the monarchs and family of that era - most recently a book on the Mayerling affair. I stick by the assertion that they were broadly under-educated and ill prepared for their roles. Austria? Germany? Russia? Inbred failures. Much of the leadership failure - on both sides of the war - was because of culture. The Dreyfus affair ring a bell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snore said:

I got nothing to add.  Donnie was fucking wrong.  I am disappointed Mattis, did not throw him over his should and say “bitch you are going”.

I've got nothing to add but let me just add...

2 hours ago, Snore said:

That said, he is still the POTUS.  To the canuks and Ozzies who have an issue- fuck off.  He is still POTUS of all Americans,

I don't disagree - he is still POTUS of all United States citizens. He's also a craven, gutless, petulant little fuck that us Aussies and Canucks will mock whether or not we have your permission. Suck it up, princess, cos you have at least another two years of us doing so.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

He’s still not my president.  

That may be so - I dunno your citizenship status, so couldn't speak to your situation specifically.

If you're a United States' citizen, he is your president. If you are not, then he is not. No amount of wishing, praying, or happy thoughts from either side of politics changes that fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's the asshole in the apartment underneath us. Loud, abusive, leaves garbage everywhere. Stupid fuck can't even fold an umbrella.

We're trying to contact the landlord, but don't expect much relief for a couple of years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many Kakistocracy member faithful Gropenfuhrer supporter’s wonder why everybody else on the planet is so disrespectful toward their unconditionally admired one.  

They have had nearly three years to figure out why the man has zero qualifications or ability to serve as the POTUS. 

Your next post is not going to help. 

Sorry I was too lazy to change “Facebook” to “PA.”

 

0357A799-E928-45DF-8282-C7DA8C916606.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that cringeworthy orange shitbag shouldn't attend these memorials, it's fraudulent. the only 'combat' that fat assed bitch has seen is the kind with his own self worth. 

fuck that tedious cunt, his 'friends', too.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Many Kakistocracy member faithful Gropenfuhrer supporter’s wonder why everybody else on the planet is so disrespectful toward their unconditionally admired one.  

They have had nearly three years to figure out why the man has zero qualifications or ability to serve as the POTUS. 

Your next post is not going to help. 

Sorry I was too lazy to change “Facebook” to “PA.”

 

0357A799-E928-45DF-8282-C7DA8C916606.jpeg

Nowadays, in this forum, it saves the stuff you wrote.  So next time you want to comment, you have to "clear editor"

to remove what you THOUGHT was a great response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

Many Kakistocracy member faithful Gropenfuhrer supporter’s wonder why everybody else on the planet is so disrespectful toward their unconditionally admired one.  

They have had nearly three years to figure out why the man has zero qualifications or ability to serve as the POTUS. 

Your next post is not going to help. 

Sorry I was too lazy to change “Facebook” to “PA.”

 

0357A799-E928-45DF-8282-C7DA8C916606.jpeg

That's why simply ridiculing the idiots is the best course of action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mark K said:

There is much to quibble with in that, but he's not all wrong. Main quibble is the sensationalism, that the conditions which existed in 1914 exist today? Some do but most don't. The fuel for nationalism was far different then than it is now. If hostilities broke out they would look far different due to MAD. Wilson sought self-aggrandizement is but his opinion, one not supported by any of the documentation of that administration too. Wilson sought to end all wars by creating a global community. He was an isolationist right up to the point where conditions shook him out of that tree. 

1

Where did you come up with this tripe, is it your uneducated opion by chance?  <_<

 

A Century Ago Woodrow Wilson Took America Into WWI: Blame Him For Communism, Fascism And Nazism.

Unfortunately, however, in the midst of the disastrous Progressive Era, as social engineers grabbed political power to ply their arrogant trade, a Republican Party split allowed Woodrow Wilson to win the presidency in 1912. There was perhaps no president more sanctimonious and certain of his own righteousness. He was, it was said, hoping to fill the first vacancy in the Trinity. His ambitions did not stop at remaking America. He desired to transform the entire world. And that required that the U.S. become a combatant since otherwise his grandly unrealistic schemes for a new global order would be ignored. He was precisely the wrong man to have in the White House with Europe aflame.

He could not tell Americans he wanted to take them into war because of his megalomaniacal desire to dictate international affairs. Instead, he took Great Britain’s side in the war’s maritime disputes and allowed events to play out. The result was as he wished.

London employed skilled propaganda agents in America, who used faked atrocity stories to blacken Germany’s reputation (which made listeners less willing to believe what turned out to be true reports a couple decades later). British ships also cut the transatlantic cable, allowing London to control news that reached America.

Britain violated international law and the rights of neutral nations, most importantly America, while imposing a starvation blockade on Germany. The latter retaliated with U-boat warfare, a new innovation. When submarines attempted to comply with the dictates of traditional maritime warfare—by surfacing to challenge British merchantman—British ships rammed and sank the subs. So Berlin proceeded to torpedo British vessels without warning.

American lives were lost and President Wilson made an astonishing claim: U.S. citizens had an absolute right to book passage on armed merchant vessels designated as reserve cruisers carrying munitions through a war zone. The most famous case of allowing London to mix “bullets and babies,” as a frustrated Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan pointed out, was the Lusitania. It was torpedoed on May 7, 1915; it sank as a result of the secondary explosion of the ammunition it was carrying. Despite his pretense of neutrality Wilson made his biases clear: “England is fighting our fight, and you may well understand that I shall not, in the present state of the world’s affairs, place obstacles in her way when she is fighting for her life — and the life of the world.” Recognizing that Wilson was determined for war, Bryan resigned the following month.

Washington’s entry was a disaster for the U.S., Europe, and the rest of the world. American assistance was critical for the allied victory. However, no American other than Wilson benefited as a result. The U.S. troops were brave but ill-trained; American commanders were incautious and ambitious. Thousands of brave soldiers and Marines died unnecessarily.

As for Europe, Washington’s assistance was critical for victory. With the collapse of Russia’s Tsarist government in April and Soviet revolution in November, Germany was able to shift troops to the west and make one last attempt at victory. But that effort failed. Without America’s involvement a compromise peace loomed likely as the exhausted powers—the French military mutinied while Austro-Hungary teetered on the edge of collapse and German morale plummeted. Alas, the infusion of U.S. aid and troops put the Entente over the top.

However, Wilson’s subsequent attempt to dictate a glorious peace through “the war to end war,” as he termed it, proved to be a disaster. The Versailles peace conference wantonly violated his famed 14 Points as fellow allied leaders plundered the losing powers, traded subject populations as casino chips, trashed principle whenever it was to their advantage, and manipulated his idealistic vision to suit their pragmatic ends. The losers had no stake in maintaining the settlement: Germans called it the Diktat. Even some of the victors, most notably Italy, were unhappy at not gaining more loot. The French military commander Ferdinand Foch presciently said of the agreement: “This is not peace. It is an armistice for 20 years.”

The Bolsheviks came to power in Russia a few months after America’s entry into the war, creating the first communist nation. After the conflict ended Benito Mussolini’s Blackshirts put the fascists in power in Italy. Around the same time World War I veteran Adolf Hitler took over a small nationalist party, beginning his rise to power in Germany. The following years allowed the former combatants to catch their breath before returning to the unfinished business of 1918.

World War II followed naturally.

The most obvious modern Wilsonians are the Neoconservatives. Alas, the result of their handiwork in Iraq had the same catastrophic character as Wilson’s decision to drag America into World War I. The major difference is that Iraq was of minor geopolitical stakes compared to Europe. Wilson inadvertently set in motion a process that ravaged Europe, Imperial Russia and the Middle East, and slaughtered tens of millions of people. The Neocons merely wrecked the Mideast and killed hundreds of thousands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mickey Rat said:

Where did you come up with this tripe, is it your uneducated opion by chance?  <_<

 

A Century Ago Woodrow Wilson Took America Into WWI: Blame Him For Communism, Fascism And Nazism.

Unfortunately, however, in the midst of the disastrous Progressive Era, as social engineers grabbed political power to ply their arrogant trade, a Republican Party split allowed Woodrow Wilson to win the presidency...   ...  ... blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  the Germans were the good guys ... blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...... blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  the Germans were helpless vicitms ... blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...    blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...   the Germans were the good guys ... blah blah blah ...   ... Hitler was right all along ... blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...   the Germans were the good guys ... blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...    ...  blah blah blah ...   

FIFY

Tripe indeed

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about those who dodged service because of bone spurs?  Or, those who can't even brave "light steady rain" to pay respects?  Could they "handle it"?

President Trump on PTSD.

Wonder how the veterans feel about him?  Especially, today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

Where did you come up with this tripe, is it your uneducated opion by chance?  <_<

 

A Century Ago Woodrow Wilson Took America Into WWI: Blame Him For Communism, Fascism And Nazism.

Unfortunately, however, in the midst of the disastrous Progressive Era, as social engineers grabbed political power to ply their arrogant trade, a Republican Party split allowed Woodrow Wilson to win the presidency in 1912. There was perhaps no president more sanctimonious and certain of his own righteousness. He was, it was said, hoping to fill the first vacancy in the Trinity. His ambitions did not stop at remaking America. He desired to transform the entire world. And that required that the U.S. become a combatant since otherwise his grandly unrealistic schemes for a new global order would be ignored. He was precisely the wrong man to have in the White House with Europe aflame.

He could not tell Americans he wanted to take them into war because of his megalomaniacal desire to dictate international affairs. Instead, he took Great Britain’s side in the war’s maritime disputes and allowed events to play out. The result was as he wished.

London employed skilled propaganda agents in America, who used faked atrocity stories to blacken Germany’s reputation (which made listeners less willing to believe what turned out to be true reports a couple decades later). British ships also cut the transatlantic cable, allowing London to control news that reached America.

Britain violated international law and the rights of neutral nations, most importantly America, while imposing a starvation blockade on Germany. The latter retaliated with U-boat warfare, a new innovation. When submarines attempted to comply with the dictates of traditional maritime warfare—by surfacing to challenge British merchantman—British ships rammed and sank the subs. So Berlin proceeded to torpedo British vessels without warning.

American lives were lost and President Wilson made an astonishing claim: U.S. citizens had an absolute right to book passage on armed merchant vessels designated as reserve cruisers carrying munitions through a war zone. The most famous case of allowing London to mix “bullets and babies,” as a frustrated Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan pointed out, was the Lusitania. It was torpedoed on May 7, 1915; it sank as a result of the secondary explosion of the ammunition it was carrying. Despite his pretense of neutrality Wilson made his biases clear: “England is fighting our fight, and you may well understand that I shall not, in the present state of the world’s affairs, place obstacles in her way when she is fighting for her life — and the life of the world.” Recognizing that Wilson was determined for war, Bryan resigned the following month.

Washington’s entry was a disaster for the U.S., Europe, and the rest of the world. American assistance was critical for the allied victory. However, no American other than Wilson benefited as a result. The U.S. troops were brave but ill-trained; American commanders were incautious and ambitious. Thousands of brave soldiers and Marines died unnecessarily.

As for Europe, Washington’s assistance was critical for victory. With the collapse of Russia’s Tsarist government in April and Soviet revolution in November, Germany was able to shift troops to the west and make one last attempt at victory. But that effort failed. Without America’s involvement a compromise peace loomed likely as the exhausted powers—the French military mutinied while Austro-Hungary teetered on the edge of collapse and German morale plummeted. Alas, the infusion of U.S. aid and troops put the Entente over the top.

However, Wilson’s subsequent attempt to dictate a glorious peace through “the war to end war,” as he termed it, proved to be a disaster. The Versailles peace conference wantonly violated his famed 14 Points as fellow allied leaders plundered the losing powers, traded subject populations as casino chips, trashed principle whenever it was to their advantage, and manipulated his idealistic vision to suit their pragmatic ends. The losers had no stake in maintaining the settlement: Germans called it the Diktat. Even some of the victors, most notably Italy, were unhappy at not gaining more loot. The French military commander Ferdinand Foch presciently said of the agreement: “This is not peace. It is an armistice for 20 years.”

The Bolsheviks came to power in Russia a few months after America’s entry into the war, creating the first communist nation. After the conflict ended Benito Mussolini’s Blackshirts put the fascists in power in Italy. Around the same time World War I veteran Adolf Hitler took over a small nationalist party, beginning his rise to power in Germany. The following years allowed the former combatants to catch their breath before returning to the unfinished business of 1918.

World War II followed naturally.

The most obvious modern Wilsonians are the Neoconservatives. Alas, the result of their handiwork in Iraq had the same catastrophic character as Wilson’s decision to drag America into World War I. The major difference is that Iraq was of minor geopolitical stakes compared to Europe. Wilson inadvertently set in motion a process that ravaged Europe, Imperial Russia and the Middle East, and slaughtered tens of millions of people. The Neocons merely wrecked the Mideast and killed hundreds of thousands.

Who wrote that shit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 4:27 AM, Mickey Rat said:

Where did you come up with this tripe, is it your uneducated opion by chance?  <_<

 

A Century Ago Woodrow Wilson Took America Into WWI: Blame Him For Communism, Fascism And Nazism.

Unfortunately, however, in the midst of the disastrous Progressive Era, as social engineers grabbed political power to ply their arrogant trade, a Republican Party split allowed Woodrow Wilson to win the presidency in 1912. There was perhaps no president more sanctimonious and certain of his own righteousness. He was, it was said, hoping to fill the first vacancy in the Trinity. His ambitions did not stop at remaking America. He desired to transform the entire world. And that required that the U.S. become a combatant since otherwise his grandly unrealistic schemes for a new global order would be ignored. He was precisely the wrong man to have in the White House with Europe aflame.

He could not tell Americans he wanted to take them into war because of his megalomaniacal desire to dictate international affairs. Instead, he took Great Britain’s side in the war’s maritime disputes and allowed events to play out. The result was as he wished.

London employed skilled propaganda agents in America, who used faked atrocity stories to blacken Germany’s reputation (which made listeners less willing to believe what turned out to be true reports a couple decades later). British ships also cut the transatlantic cable, allowing London to control news that reached America.

Britain violated international law and the rights of neutral nations, most importantly America, while imposing a starvation blockade on Germany. The latter retaliated with U-boat warfare, a new innovation. When submarines attempted to comply with the dictates of traditional maritime warfare—by surfacing to challenge British merchantman—British ships rammed and sank the subs. So Berlin proceeded to torpedo British vessels without warning.

American lives were lost and President Wilson made an astonishing claim: U.S. citizens had an absolute right to book passage on armed merchant vessels designated as reserve cruisers carrying munitions through a war zone. The most famous case of allowing London to mix “bullets and babies,” as a frustrated Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan pointed out, was the Lusitania. It was torpedoed on May 7, 1915; it sank as a result of the secondary explosion of the ammunition it was carrying. Despite his pretense of neutrality Wilson made his biases clear: “England is fighting our fight, and you may well understand that I shall not, in the present state of the world’s affairs, place obstacles in her way when she is fighting for her life — and the life of the world.” Recognizing that Wilson was determined for war, Bryan resigned the following month.

Washington’s entry was a disaster for the U.S., Europe, and the rest of the world. American assistance was critical for the allied victory. However, no American other than Wilson benefited as a result. The U.S. troops were brave but ill-trained; American commanders were incautious and ambitious. Thousands of brave soldiers and Marines died unnecessarily.

As for Europe, Washington’s assistance was critical for victory. With the collapse of Russia’s Tsarist government in April and Soviet revolution in November, Germany was able to shift troops to the west and make one last attempt at victory. But that effort failed. Without America’s involvement a compromise peace loomed likely as the exhausted powers—the French military mutinied while Austro-Hungary teetered on the edge of collapse and German morale plummeted. Alas, the infusion of U.S. aid and troops put the Entente over the top.

However, Wilson’s subsequent attempt to dictate a glorious peace through “the war to end war,” as he termed it, proved to be a disaster. The Versailles peace conference wantonly violated his famed 14 Points as fellow allied leaders plundered the losing powers, traded subject populations as casino chips, trashed principle whenever it was to their advantage, and manipulated his idealistic vision to suit their pragmatic ends. The losers had no stake in maintaining the settlement: Germans called it the Diktat. Even some of the victors, most notably Italy, were unhappy at not gaining more loot. The French military commander Ferdinand Foch presciently said of the agreement: “This is not peace. It is an armistice for 20 years.”

The Bolsheviks came to power in Russia a few months after America’s entry into the war, creating the first communist nation. After the conflict ended Benito Mussolini’s Blackshirts put the fascists in power in Italy. Around the same time World War I veteran Adolf Hitler took over a small nationalist party, beginning his rise to power in Germany. The following years allowed the former combatants to catch their breath before returning to the unfinished business of 1918.

World War II followed naturally.

The most obvious modern Wilsonians are the Neoconservatives. Alas, the result of their handiwork in Iraq had the same catastrophic character as Wilson’s decision to drag America into World War I. The major difference is that Iraq was of minor geopolitical stakes compared to Europe. Wilson inadvertently set in motion a process that ravaged Europe, Imperial Russia and the Middle East, and slaughtered tens of millions of people. The Neocons merely wrecked the Mideast and killed hundreds of thousands.

You are welcome to that author's opinion, but what part of that contradicts the point I made?  

 Try another source about Wilson, like "He kept us out of the war", twaz practically his middle name..until he didn't. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mark K said:

You are welcome to that author's opinion, but what part of that contradicts the point I made?  

 Try another source about Wilson, like "He kept us out of the war", twaz practically his middle name..until he didn't. 

 

1

Good campaign strategy considering that the Americans wanted nothing to do with that war! 

Wilson's secretary of state, William Jennings Bryan resigned after trying to reason with Wilson: "Germany has a right to prevent contraband going to the Allies, and a ship carrying contraband should not rely upon passengers to protect her from attack — it would be like putting women and children in front of an army." He also reminded Wilson that a proposed American compromise, whereby Britain would allow food into Germany and the Germans would abandon submarine attacks on merchant ships, had been welcomed by Germany but rejected by England. Wilson knew he was putting innocent American civilians in harm's way, refused to even issue a warning and knew that the Lusitania was armed. Was that his way of "keeping the US out of war? If so then maybe he was a bigger fool than given credit considering that he was also once the president of Princeton University! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rat, you forget that the Lusitania was in 1915 while the US did not enter the war until 1917 and a lot happened in the intervening time. Germany decided in 1917 to start unlimited submarine attacks which meant that US ships were fair targets for them. The US had a long-standing tradition of protecting freedom of the seas for its ships - this was a significant contributing factor to the War of 1812 even. Certainly there were other reasons why the US entered the war but to say that it was because of the Lusitania is just not true. It is also a stretch to try to link Wilson to today's neo-cons like Cheney. The reality of WWI is that it made the US the dominant world power at little cost to the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr8wuezUUAARToK.jpg

Over the weekend, a lone figure could be seen at the Arlington National Cemetery walking in the rain. He quietly surprised many families who had traveled to see the graves of their loved ones. He offered kind words of love and encouragement. He was the 44th President. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Dr8wuezUUAARToK.jpg

Over the weekend, a lone figure could be seen at the Arlington National Cemetery walking in the rain. He quietly surprised many families who had traveled to see the graves of their loved ones. He offered kind words of love and encouragement. He was the 44th President. 
 

That’s amazing.  He is without question 1000 times better a person than trump will ever be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Rat, you forget that the Lusitania was in 1915 while the US did not enter the war until 1917 ..."

Not to mention Germany and Japan maneuvering to bring Mexico in on the Central Powers' side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Rat, you forget that the Lusitania was in 1915 while the US did not enter the war until 1917 and a lot happened in the intervening time. Germany decided in 1917 to start unlimited submarine attacks which meant that US ships were fair targets for them. The US had a long-standing tradition of protecting freedom of the seas for its ships - this was a significant contributing factor to the War of 1812 even. Certainly there were other reasons why the US entered the war but to say that it was because of the Lusitania is just not true. It is also a stretch to try to link Wilson to today's neo-cons like Cheney. The reality of WWI is that it made the US the dominant world power at little cost to the country.

It's easy to slur Wilson's actions because he wasn't all that far from W. Bush. He wasn't like Cheney, who was ruled by simple fear. Cheney's idiotic "1% doctrine" says it all. A lot of people who knew Dick all his life have mentioned that something changed in him. I think it was having to make the call to down the airliners myself. It always gets interesting when people who merely believe they are tough guys suddenly have to make tough guy decisions...and discover they aren't. 

 

 Anywho, we all recall Bush once thinking that we should not be running around fighting other people's fights, but when 9/11 hit and he decided he, just like Wilson (an ex-preacher) went whole hog. Gonna save the world...do big things. The main difference is Woodrow had the notion of organizing the world under a league of nations and George wanted to organize the world under the league of the USA, and of course the situations aren't comparable. I think Mickey Mouse is drawing from those libertarian BSers whose opinions are but partisan research masquerading as scholarship. Lots of that about these days...and was all know what letter was behind Woodrow's name.. 

 That said, we should all be careful about people who adopt the Jacobin attitude of "liberating the world". Lot of that shit still about too. Wilson was definitely bitten by that snake. The one good thing about Trump is he's like the Joker and the Thief of Dylan's song. The totally self interested are largely immune to the smelly little orthodoxies which compete for the souls of the courtiers. 

    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DsvArCLXQAAS3g2.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Not guilty said:

RTX3KALY-770x433.jpg

Defendant #3. I think she's dreamy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Not guilty said:

RTX3KALY-770x433.jpg

Looks like a 2nd rate sorority girl from 3rd rate school pushing her sell-by date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Looks like a 2nd rate sorority girl from 3rd rate school pushing her sell-by date.

You sound jealous.

 

SAD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not guilty said:

You sound jealous.

 

SAD!

If she weren’t his daughter, your President would be dating her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ishmael said:
11 hours ago, Not guilty said:

RTX3KALY-770x433.jpg

Defendant #3. I think she's dreamy.

Too plastic-y for my taste.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Defendant #3. I think she's dreamy.

 

On the surface she looks very "dreamy", indeed!  But that is the most unflattering photo of her I have ever seen....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

 

On the surface she looks very "dreamy", indeed!  But that is the most unflattering photo of her I have ever seen....

I was channelling Spatial Ed. I think she's a pinhead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's melting, she's melting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonespurs?

Trump uses eight-vehicle motorcade to travel 250 yards to greet George W. Bush

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-motorcade-greet-bush-20181204-story.html

 

Ironic........ considering Arlington is Only 4 miles? and he couldn't make it,  just sayin.

Can we just give the man a spade......... it appears he's good at digging holes for himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Bonespurs?

Trump uses eight-vehicle motorcade to travel 250 yards to greet George W. Bush

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-motorcade-greet-bush-20181204-story.html

 

Ironic........ considering Arlington is Only 4 miles? and he couldn't make it,  just sayin.

Can we just give the man a spade......... it appears he's good at digging holes for himself.

Was that at President Trump's direction, or that of the Secret Service?

Seriously, not everything has to be assigned to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Bonespurs?

Trump uses eight-vehicle motorcade to travel 250 yards to greet George W. Bush

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-motorcade-greet-bush-20181204-story.html

 

Ironic........ considering Arlington is Only 4 miles? and he couldn't make it,  just sayin.

Can we just give the man a spade......... it appears he's good at digging holes for himself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now