rmdanko

Black Lifeline Stanchions

are the black lifeline stanchions powder coated aluminum or stainless steel ? does anyone know of a supplier specializing in the black versions ?

They're not carbon fiber?

Any of the above. Powdercoat, anodize, paint or carbon. Choose your poison, I think powdercoating is the best option, but can vary depending on your lifeline material.

HW

15 hours ago, Ishmael said:

PVC Sched 40 pipe, spray painted.

ABS. Fewer steps.

Probably anodized aluminum from the ones I've seen.

I would never have carbon stachions on a boat. If you fall hard against a metal one it bends.....

22 minutes ago, basketcase said:

I would never have carbon stachions on a boat. If you fall hard against a metal one it bends.....

This is from a discussion earlier, along with that good old fashioned Australian sense of humour. :P

39 minutes ago, mad said:

This is from a discussion earlier, along with that good old fashioned Australian sense of humour. :P

i once did an imoca build with a guy that was using scraps to build carbon dildos. made a shit load of money per unit. dont know if i would have done it.... something odd about sitting in your apartment, wet sanding a big carbon cock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, basketcase said:

i once did an imoca build with a guy that was using scraps to build carbon dildos. made a shit load of money per unit. dont know if i would have done it.... something odd about sitting in your apartment, wet sanding a big carbon cock.

At least you wouldn't have to pay people to do it. On the other hand, you might run through a few drums of valve grinding paste.

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

At least you wouldn't have to pay people to do it. On the other hand, you might run through a few drums of valve grinding paste.

That sounds even worse when you read it the second time! :o

37 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

your dildos or stanchions?

Veiny stanchions.