toad

Ocasio

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

 

 “I already pointed out - it's edited. Like all of their videos.  Any further comments would require that I find the original interview to compare it.  Why the fuck would I bother? “

“What about the Injun video” I asked. Did he fucking bother to look up the original on that one? Seems pretty relevant to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

You are right.  AOC is indeed a pleasant gift that keeps on giving pain and suffering to the buttoned down brains of the republicans in congress and their enablers.  The folks in the Bronx and Queens are lucky to have her.  

She won a Justice Democrats Beauty Contest, got ~ 15000 votes in a super safe district against a guy that took his re-election for granted and is now the intellectual, emotional and (non-theological) spiritual leader of the Democrat Party.

Well done Dems!

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Term Limits! said:

I'm liking Omar. She's started a no-no conversation. Lobbyists need to have their rocks overturned. Double for religious ones.

AOC is also good for the country. Bet a bunch of her base likes her answers. She gives zero fucks about dumbshits on PA.

Should we invite her to join our lefty circle jerk then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, chum said:

 “I already pointed out - it's edited. Like all of their videos.  Any further comments would require that I find the original interview to compare it.  Why the fuck would I bother? “

“What about the Injun video” I asked. Did he fucking bother to look up the original on that one? Seems pretty relevant to me.

What does that have to do with the completely false meme of stalin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The connection is obvious.  Remember - she’s the Boss!

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

What does that have to do with the completely false meme of stalin

I was referring to your whataboutulism claim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Geezus, what a long winded leadup, I gave up while everyone was standing around deciding what to do with a guy who had had a sever stroke.

What was the fake part?  No purges?

Try this one.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/true-story-death-stalin

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Should we invite her to join our lefty circle jerk then?

Yeah. She's aboard this week but I'll let you know when she's available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Especially those lobbyists who don't fit your point view.  The ones that do are called educators.

Not by me.  Lobbyists should be shot on sight. They are traitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chum said:

Best yet!

I can see you're enjoying her utterances.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

I can see you're enjoying her utterances.

 

 

Sooooooo over her head...…...

I wonder what the losers in that beauty contest were like??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Sooooooo over her head...…...

Not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Sooooooo over her head...…...

Give her time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chum said:

Best yet! This is a doozy...

 

How are her supporters able to stomach this embarrassment?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chum said:

Best yet! This is a doozy...

 

It is the same thing that Trudeau is getting pain about.  There are two approaches, "in the room, in the deal" which means that banks need to worry about who they lend money to.  If the money is used for bribery, then they are culpable.  SNC Lavalin is being prosecuted for the misdeeds of its agents (CEO, board, and VP responsible for paying bribe)  In the same way, Wells Fargo was responsible for the misdeeds of its direct agents in the recent action against them.  This is not a "doozy" but a very real extension of responsibility of the financial agent that is in effect in other juris dictions.  I really wonder why you are laughing at this.  The other is, of course, laizez faire.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Laker said:

It is the same thing that Trudeau is getting pain about.  There are two approaches, "in the room, in the deal" which means that banks need to worry about who they lend money to.  If the money is used for bribery, then they are culpable.  SNC Lavalin is being prosecuted for the misdeeds of its agents (CEO, board, and VP responsible for paying bribe)  In the same way, Wells Fargo was responsible for the misdeeds of its direct agents in the recent action against them.  This is not a "doozy" but a very real extension of responsibility of the financial agent that is in effect in other juris dictions.  I really wonder why you are laughing at this.  The other is, of course, laizez faire.

We are laughing at it because it is about as stupid as stupid gets.  Wells Fargo is going to be held liable for "climate change" for financing a pipeline?  Stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jzk said:

We are laughing at it because it is about as stupid as stupid gets.  Wells Fargo is going to be held liable for "climate change" for financing a pipeline?  Stupid.

A fellow asked a range of people "what is two plus two".  A journalist said, 22 of course.  A lawyer said that in most cases, the prevalent thought is that a judge would accept an answer of 4.  Of course the accountant said. "what do you want it to be".   It is not that much of a jump to hold external agents, the lender,  responsible for the actions of the lendee.  I can certainly see a connection and I am sure that in other cases the judge might see that also.  It all comes down to whether a pipeline is viewed as a criminal matter.  For some people, pipelines are, to the extent of going to jail for protesting them.  Certainly UBS had to pay for the misdeeds of one of its customers where they knew the money was for a criminal business matter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moron.....  The bank that finances the Catipillar payroll is responsible  for a heavy equipment accident?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't you guys happy that all those exploding heads memes were created? Now, thanks to new and improved AOC liberals can enjoy this as well. 

exploding-heads-127606.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this is really why climate change due to human activity skeptics need to be so constant and belittling in their tone and approach to public debate: the deep pockets funding their point of view are the richest companies and people in the world.

The lobbying effort is therefore on a scale far greater than Big Tobacco’s efforts to deny the link between cigarettes and smoking.

When the truth comes out, Ocasio will be seen as one of the pioneers, establishing links between all these companies predicated in the denial of evidence to which they had access.

Do you really think that “IF” a future generation is able to establish causality to beyond a reasonable doubt, they won’t want to indict and fine the whole apparatus?

Ocasio is just there already. Once you take a walk in her shoes, her argument is quite understandable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Laker said:

A fellow asked a range of people "what is two plus two".  A journalist said, 22 of course.  A lawyer said that in most cases, the prevalent thought is that a judge would accept an answer of 4.  Of course the accountant said. "what do you want it to be".   It is not that much of a jump to hold external agents, the lender,  responsible for the actions of the lendee.  I can certainly see a connection and I am sure that in other cases the judge might see that also.  It all comes down to whether a pipeline is viewed as a criminal matter.  For some people, pipelines are, to the extent of going to jail for protesting them.  Certainly UBS had to pay for the misdeeds of one of its customers where they knew the money was for a criminal business matter.

Stupid.  This is why we don't want people with your views ruling over us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Aren't you guys happy that all those exploding heads memes were created? Now, thanks to new and improved AOC liberals can enjoy this as well. 

exploding-heads-127606.png

AOC is the best thing to happen to the Trump 2020 campaign.  I personally would rather not see Trump re-elected.  Why is your side doing everything you can to re-elect him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

I guess this is really why climate change due to human activity skeptics need to be so constant and belittling in their tone and approach to public debate: the deep pockets funding their point of view are the richest companies and people in the world.

The lobbying effort is therefore on a scale far greater than Big Tobacco’s efforts to deny the link between cigarettes and smoking.

When the truth comes out, Ocasio will be seen as one of the pioneers, establishing links between all these companies predicated in the denial of evidence to which they had access.

Do you really think that “IF” a future generation is able to establish causality to beyond a reasonable doubt, they won’t want to indict and fine the whole apparatus?

Ocasio is just there already. Once you take a walk in her shoes, her argument is quite understandable.

The funding of the pro fossil fuel view comes from you.  Every time you heat your house, drive your car, or buy food delivered by a diesel truck it is like you are casting another vote in support of fossil fuels.  And who can blame you for wanting to live in a civilized society?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jzk said:

The funding of the pro fossil fuel view comes from you.  Every time you heat your house, drive your car, or buy food delivered by a diesel truck it is like you are casting another vote in support of fossil fuels.  And who can blame you for wanting to live in a civilized society?

Some of us make choices to live in big cities, close to work, leave the vehicles in the parking garage and walk to the municipal market.  I walk so much that the street people think I am one of them.  My furnace is off because this place gets warm enough from the wall of windows.  It is nice to face east and have morning sun come pouring in.  I expect my footprint will be less when I move onto a sailboat full time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

I guess this is really why climate change due to human activity skeptics need to be so constant and belittling in their tone and approach to public debate: the deep pockets funding their point of view are the richest companies and people in the world.

The lobbying effort is therefore on a scale far greater than Big Tobacco’s efforts to deny the link between cigarettes and smoking.

When the truth comes out, Ocasio will be seen as one of the pioneers, establishing links between all these companies predicated in the denial of evidence to which they had access.

Do you really think that “IF” a future generation is able to establish causality to beyond a reasonable doubt, they won’t want to indict and fine the whole apparatus?

Ocasio is just there already. Once you take a walk in her shoes, her argument is quite understandable.

One question:  how is AOC going to stop the pollution generated by other countries from coming into the USA?

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J28 said:

One question:  how is AOC going to stop the pollution generated by other countries from coming into the USA?

We can make the wall taller and extend it all the way around the lower 48.  Fuck Hawaii and Alaska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hasher said:

Some of us make choices to live in big cities, close to work, leave the vehicles in the parking garage and walk to the municipal market.  I walk so much that the street people think I am one of them.  My furnace is off because this place gets warm enough from the wall of windows.  It is nice to face east and have morning sun come pouring in.  I expect my footprint will be less when I move onto a sailboat full time.

How noble of you.   But fuck those of us that live in colder climates and need fossil fueled vehicles to get around though.  Amiright?

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J28 said:

How noble of you.   But fuck those of us that live in colder climates and need fossil fueled vehicles to get around though.  Amiright?

Life is about choices.  People left inner cities for years.  The young people are coming back.  If you look at places like Rome, with a merchant around the corner and public transit for long distances, you'd realize that no one is reinventing the wheel here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J28 said:

How noble of you.   But fuck those of us that live in colder climates and need fossil fueled vehicles to get around though.  Amiright?

Hasher's right. Fuck those of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hasher said:

Some of us make choices to live in big cities, close to work, leave the vehicles in the parking garage and walk to the municipal market.  I walk so much that the street people think I am one of them.  My furnace is off because this place gets warm enough from the wall of windows.  It is nice to face east and have morning sun come pouring in.  I expect my footprint will be less when I move onto a sailboat full time.

What is the CO2 footprint of that sailboat?  How much fossil fuel would we need if 7 billion people moved into sailboats?

The point is that if climate change is indeed a problem, scapegoating the fossil fuel companies is ridiculous.  They are providing us a valuable and desired product.  The blame lies with the consumers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hasher said:

Some of us make choices to live in big cities, close to work, leave the vehicles in the parking garage and walk to the municipal market.  I walk so much that the street people think I am one of them.  My furnace is off because this place gets warm enough from the wall of windows.  It is nice to face east and have morning sun come pouring in.  I expect my footprint will be less when I move onto a sailboat full time.

....wooden sailboat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, J28 said:

One question:  how is AOC going to stop the pollution generated by other countries from coming into the USA?

It doesn't really matter because when the USA eliminates their 11% of the global man made  CO2 the earth will return to the perfect unchanging temperature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

....wooden sailboat?

Old sailboat, built by a company I bought an old wood stink pot from in my youth.  It was a rather fun toy.  Affordable with paper route money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Gotta lead by example.

The US leads in clean energy production. That is an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chum said:

Best yet! This is a doozy...

 

Thank god for Hank Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hasher said:

Life is about choices.  People left inner cities for years.  The young people are coming back.  If you look at places like Rome, with a merchant around the corner and public transit for long distances, you'd realize that no one is reinventing the wheel here.

Just leave a few rubes in the hinterlands to feed you and supply you with trinkets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, J28 said:

One question:  how is AOC going to stop the pollution generated by other countries from coming into the USA?

In India, cow farts are sacred emanations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, warbird said:

Just leave a few rubes in the hinterlands to feed you and supply you with trinkets?

I worked in south Georgia for a time.  They produce incredible amounts of food.  The population has been declining for years because of the technology.  My tennis buddy there farms 10 thousand acres.  He told me he can basically grow anything.  Lots of corn and cotton are grown.  Also tomatoes, carrots, onions, dairy, cattle and other edibles.  He was no rube.  

West Michigan has "muck" farms.  Black soil full of nutrients.  I spent every Sunday of my youth on the old family farm.  Took a bicycle anywhere I wanted to go.  We can shrink our footprint if we focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, warbird said:

The US leads in clean energy production. That is an example.

Define "clean".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More virtue-signaling from @hasherwhile he gives the finger to folks who don’t have the options he has or made the choices he made.

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, justsomeguy! said:

Define "clean".

Fracking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

In India, cow farts are sacred emanations.

 

Many of the posts from the PA Circle Jerk are cow emanations.

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J28 said:

More virtue-signaling from @hasherwhile he gives the finger to folks who don’t have the options he has or made the choices he made.

Yes.  I grew up poor.  Worked through college and law school.  Paid for it all.  My parents gave me love.  That is what they could afford.  Do conservatives like you want to pretend they are not self sufficient?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J28 said:

Even more virtual-signaling from @hasher.  You’re on a roll today.

Yes, I am virtually signaling you that your personal attacks are baseless because you don't like my political positions.  Good day sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Define "clean".

That's a damn good question. Certainly harvesting low density energy sources like solar and wind in anything approaching current demand would require the construction of a huge infastructure with it's own environmental costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dog said:

That's a damn good question. Certainly harvesting low density energy sources like solar and wind in anything approaching current demand would require the construction of a huge infastructure with it's own environmental costs.

Ya gotta break some eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, J28 said:

Got to go shoot some guns....

I'm looking for a Savage Arms 1917 380 (yes a pistol) to match my 32.  Shooting would be good today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dog said:

That's a damn good question. Certainly harvesting low density energy sources like solar and wind in anything approaching current demand would require the construction of a huge infastructure with it's own environmental costs.

....and birds, don't forget the birds...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

What about it?  He was such a murderous tyrant that his entire staff and the party leaders left him sleeping in his own urine out of fear of being executed as well?  How does that contradict the meme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, hasher said:

I worked in south Georgia for a time.  They produce incredible amounts of food.  The population has been declining for years because of the technology.  My tennis buddy there farms 10 thousand acres.  He told me he can basically grow anything.  Lots of corn and cotton are grown.  Also tomatoes, carrots, onions, dairy, cattle and other edibles.  He was no rube.  

West Michigan has "muck" farms.  Black soil full of nutrients.  I spent every Sunday of my youth on the old family farm.  Took a bicycle anywhere I wanted to go.  We can shrink our footprint if we focus.

Our footprint per bushel (ton, pound) rivals the lowest world wide. Should we produce less so other countries go hungry or they produce at a higher pollution footprint?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, hasher said:

Some of us make choices to live in big cities, close to work, leave the vehicles in the parking garage and walk to the municipal market.  I walk so much that the street people think I am one of them.  My furnace is off because this place gets warm enough from the wall of windows.  It is nice to face east and have morning sun come pouring in.  I expect my footprint will be less when I move onto a sailboat full time

53142688_10216768121289349_8811894825365274624_n.thumb.jpg.230b9cb82712350209f5d8bceabd946a.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J28 said:

One question:  how is AOC going to stop the pollution generated by other countries from coming into the USA?

Acid Rain Treaty.  An example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Laker said:

Acid Rain Treaty.  An example.

Like the Paris Accord?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jzk said:

Like the Paris Accord?

Acid Rain Treaty worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Laker said:

Acid Rain Treaty worked.

So you agree that the Paris Accord has no chance of working?  Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pretty sure we would be hearing the same if her name were followed by an R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chum said:

I’m pretty sure we would be hearing the same if her name were followed by an R.

But it isn't. The R's are apparently not just unconcerned about these things, they are actively opposing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the she you spend your time watching shit viral videos about and laughing at in memes is fiction chumstain. it's a fiction made for monetizing the outrage of morons like you, asshole28, gluehuffingwater, dog, billfartsniffer. it's a fiction to bind you to your rightwing masters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

But it isn't. The R's are apparently not just unconcerned about these things, they are actively opposing them.

You are selling fear, not solutions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

You are selling fear, not solutions.

Sounds more like you are afraid of solutions. For lack of a better word, we'll call you a conservative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

the she you spend your time watching shit viral videos about and laughing at in memes is fiction chumstain. it's a fiction made for monetizing the outrage of morons like you, asshole28, gluehuffingwater, dog, billfartsniffer. it's a fiction to bind you to your rightwing masters.

Fiction? That was a video from YouTube. What part of what you saw was fiction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Sounds more like you are afraid of solutions.

Not afraid, just not doing it until that other guy over there does it.  it works for 5 year olds

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Not afraid, just not doing it until that other guy over there does it.  it works for 5 year olds

I'm thinking he's more like an 85 year old. It's worked for him for 85 years and damned if it won't work for the remainder. Maybe those are the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jzk said:

Snip...

The point is that if climate change is indeed a problem, scapegoating the fossil fuel companies is ridiculous.  They are providing us a valuable and desired product.  The blame lies with the consumers.

Yes, but people can change their purchasing decisions. Good government represents the will of the people.

By changing the debate, Ocasio is already changing the outcome. Eventually we will have to face these facts, and make necessary decisions.

Right or left wing, the oceans rise for us all, the corals die for all of us, and your arguments will fall by the wayside as kids who aren’t invested in yesterday’s energy sources and the rent-seeking behemoths which supply them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I'm thinking he's more like an 85 year old. It's worked for him for 85 years and damned if it won't work for the remainder.

and anything that happens after the remainder he gives not a single fuck about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Not afraid, just not doing it until that other guy over there does it.  it works for 5 year olds

 

 

The "Oh, it's so hard to do", "It will take 'infrastructure'", "It will cost money", crowd is so pathetic.  Basically, they are scaredy-cats not willing to admit that they are betting on a failed technology.  

As if there aren't huge investments in hydrocarbon fuels for trans-continental pipelines,  hundreds of refineries, Alberta tar sands excavation, the wells of the Texas Oil Patch, thousand of gas stations, hundreds of tankers and for coal mountain-top removal, coal trains, power plants and transmission lines   And all installed in about 150 years.  

The hydrocarbon era nearly destroyed London, is thoroughly damaging China, laid waste to West Virginia,distorted the Middle East geo-politics, destroyed the Venezuelan economy, spewed oil in to the Gulf of Mexico, tore up Alberta and caused more than one war.  

But...let's be terribly concerned about the impacts from use of "low-density" energy sources like the sun and wind and water.

And that "other guy over there" is already doing it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same with nuclear energy which would never exist without massive govmint sponsorship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

The "Oh, it's so hard to do", "It will take 'infrastructure'", "It will cost money", crowd is so pathetic.  Basically, they are scaredy-cats not willing to admit that they are betting on a failed technology.  

 

They are not pathetic, just gullible because their ideology makes them that way.

The oil industry has spent literally hundreds of millions to 're-educate' those whose greed or racism permits them to be inculcated.  Expensive consultants crafted the talking points and decades of PR and advertising has got them believing the anti-fact, anti-science narrative. 

Funny part about the 'we'll do it after they do' thing is that the fact that it's 'socialist' countries like NED and Denmark and Sweden doing the most for alternate power is evidence that it is evil for many of these passport-less stooges

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Sounds more like you are afraid of solutions. For lack of a better word, we'll call you a conservative.

I'm not afraid of solutions.  I've spent a lot of time thinking about them, building prototypes and systems and testing them.

I haven't heard one yet in regards to CO2.  Europe seems to brag about cutting inhouse CO2 production but still imports more than half it's energy needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I'm not afraid of solutions.  I've spent a lot of time thinking about them, building prototypes and systems and testing them.

I haven't heard one yet in regards to CO2.  Europe seems to brag about cutting inhouse CO2 production but still imports more than half it's energy needs.

That is a deflection but have those imported energy percentages increased or decreased for EU-28 since, say, 2006?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

Yes, but people can change their purchasing decisions. Good government represents the will of the people.

By changing the debate, Ocasio is already changing the outcome. Eventually we will have to face these facts, and make necessary decisions.

Right or left wing, the oceans rise for us all, the corals die for all of us, and your arguments will fall by the wayside as kids who aren’t invested in yesterday’s energy sources and the rent-seeking behemoths which supply them.

Either that or your kind will be remembered along side the virgin sacrificers and the rain dancers.  Meanwhile AOC is on her way to re-electing Trump and that is not good for any of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

They are not pathetic, just gullible because their ideology makes them that way.

The oil industry has spent literally hundreds of millions to 're-educate' those whose greed or racism permits them to be inculcated.  Expensive consultants crafted the talking points and decades of PR and advertising has got them believing the anti-fact, anti-science narrative. 

Funny part about the 'we'll do it after they do' thing is that the fact that it's 'socialist' countries like NED and Denmark and Sweden doing the most for alternate power is evidence that it is evil for many of these passport-less stooges

 

 

Don't forget Germany.  It is proving what happens when you try to eliminate all of your coal and nuclear power plants.  Sweden and Denmark are hardly "socialist.". Probably less so than the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jzk said:

Sweden and Denmark are hardly "socialist.". Probably less so than the US.

i just fell on the floor

 

have you ever left your hot little corner of the world?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

i just fell on the floor

 

have you ever left your hot little corner of the world?

 

If you enjoyed that just get him started on economics in general.  There is a litany of mangled concepts residing there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chum said:

I liked that article.  He wants to call it compassionate capitalism and doesn't have a problem with free education and universal healthcare.  I don't think they spend as much on military do they?  These are ideas that the Democratic Party in the USA generally support.  So why again are the Democratic thinkers labelled socialist? We want to nationalize private industry?  Uh, no.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hasher said:

I liked that article.  He wants to call it compassionate capitalism and doesn't have a problem with free education and universal healthcare.  I don't think they spend as much on military do they?  These are ideas that the Democratic Party in the USA generally support.  So why again are the Democratic thinkers labelled socialist? We want to nationalize private industry?  Uh, no.

  • Free education
  • Free healthcare
  • Free transportation
  • Required union membership
  • Can't be fired from your job
  • Free insurance
  • Taxes around 60% of income

 

Forbes: "CAPITALIST!"

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
  • Free education
  • Free healthcare
  • Free transportation
  • Required union membership
  • Can't be fired from your job
  • Free insurance
  • Taxes around 60% of income

 

Forbes: "CAPITALIST!"

 

 

 

 

I was reading what a guy from the USA wrote after moving to the Netherlands for employment.  Taxes were high but the safety net works.  It is nice to bum around there and know there is not some neglected underclass waiting to disturb my trajectory.

The USA has many problems that countries where many of our forefather's came from have learned to mitigate.  This is my country and I love it, but like lots of things I love there are aspects that need to change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, warbird said:

Just leave a few rubes in the hinterlands

Well, it appears there are plenty to spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

i just fell on the floor

have you ever left your hot little corner of the world?

He is quite remarkable isn't he?

A true Dunning Kruger specimen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

So what you righties are saying is you are utterly full of shit?

Edited for simplicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites