toad

Ocasio

1 hour ago, Troglodytarum said:

Occasional-Cortex.

She's speaks like a retard.  Um, like... I mean, like um....

There is a "Club Chair" who  gives his monthly report at club meetings. The only way I can not puke is to count the " uhm, ahh, ehrr and  emmm"s" during his report. 75 in a 4 minute report.....

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

You insist you aren’t denigrating her ISEF entry (calling it a “High School Science Fair display” demonstrates your ignorance), then proceed to denigrate her ISEF entry.   Bravo!

https://www.yhsresearch.org/tag/isef/

Do you know why you windshield wipers rattle and bounce across your windshield leaving a streaky smear of water or slush when they are a few months old if you bought cheap ones?  (commas and periods correct there?)? It is because the manufacturer produced a compound with little or no antioxidants.  A little bit of weather, sun, heat or car washes and the polymer of the blade reverts to it's brittle stiff self.

5 minutes ago, warbird said:

Do you know why you windshield wipers rattle and bounce across your windshield leaving a streaky smear of water or slush when they are a few months old if you bought cheap ones?  (commas and periods correct there?)? It is because the manufacturer produced a compound with little or no antioxidants.  A little bit of weather, sun, heat or car washes and the polymer of the blade reverts to it's brittle stiff self.

You'd know more about that than I......

10 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Still a morning stiffy, you?

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Excuse me?

23 minutes ago, warbird said:

17 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

6 minutes ago, warbird said:

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Excuse me?

:ph34r:

There's a subtle difference between morning wood and morning stiff.

Nobody triggers our Resident nutters like AOC. Even more hilarious since none of them live in her district. I mean I could go and on about Louie Gohmert but who gives a fuck? 

2 hours ago, warbird said:

Just imagine her ISEF entry had anything to do with what you are yammering about.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Just imagine her ISEF entry had anything to do with what you are yammering about.

Just imagine she came up with the idea with out teacher guidance and direction...……..and chose politics instead….

1 minute ago, warbird said:

Just imagine she came up with the idea with out teacher guidance and direction...……..and chose politics instead….

And I wish a teacher had taught you to spell without!

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

And I wish a teacher had taught you to spell without!

But I have plenty of …………………………...

Just now, warbird said:

But I have plenty of …………………………...

True, the ellipses of ellipses of ellipses master!

5 minutes ago, warbird said:

Still not denigrating her work, I see.

Just taking potshots at a respectable ISEF project.

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

True, the ellipses of ellipses of ellipses master!

….attack the messenger when you don't like the message.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, warbird said:

What message?  Learn to spell in sentences you mention teachers.  

Edit: is your period key sticky?  I'm not going to ask why.  In Wisconsin, it probably is beer. 

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

You mean like showing condescension to the accomplishments of the newly-elected Congresswoman from NY?

Of course you do.

1 hour ago, warbird said:

Just imagine you were born with a clue.

14 hours ago, warbird said:

Letter of Commendation excerpt,  You, on your own, faced teams from 11 Battalion sized units and emerged in fourth place in the recent All Base Competition. Paraphrase, 1 marine against 11 Army Battalions.

Mom died Palm Sunday 2017.  Sis going through papers and mementos packaged up envelopes for each of the eight sibs. In mine was old Fort Bliss Texas correspondence and a Letter of Commendation from the Commander of the School Brigade, Fort Bliss Texas.

1977, Fort Bliss Texas.  USMC sent Marines there for the HAWK System school. The Marine detachment was maybe 40-50 students. At the time earning $376/mon, not $174k/ year, I was waiting for the next pay check to buy parts for my '65 Mustang GT convertible. Unable to work on the car I wandered over to the Base Swimming Pool to do a few laps. A  sign up sheet for a Base Swim Meet caught my eye. They allowed 3 or 4 races per entrant per day over a Sat/Sun competition. I disremember all the events I signed up for. Most likely 50, 100 and 200 Freestyle, 400 Individual Medley and 50 and 100 Butterfly. I do remember that I jumped into a School Brigade 4x100 Free Relay team at the last minute when they were short 1 at race time.  My individual scores put me (the Marine Detachment) in 4th place overall for the Meet.

OOhh Rahh:lol:

Thanks for the explanation - the only swimming I did when I was at Boot Camp at Ft Bliss was in the sand - we never saw a pool.   I was never so happy to see grass, trees and feel dew on the ground as I was when I got to Ft Gordon, GA after that. 

16 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Thanks for the explanation - the only swimming I did when I was at Boot Camp at Ft Bliss was in the sand - we never saw a pool.   I was never so happy to see grass, trees and feel dew on the ground as I was when I got to Ft Gordon, GA after that. 

While true, the 1 marine against 11 army battalions was offered up sarcastically .  The pure water comment not so much. I earned some nice bonuses and promotions for that work.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, warbird said:

I have not denigrated AOC's High School Science Fair display. It is very clever to spray rustoleum (antioxidant) on worms to see if they will rust or not.:o

Spelling getting way better.

A tip of the hat to AOC for standing up to defend Chelsea Manning 

Where are the establishment Dems, the freedom loving Right, the human beings ??

She is clearly a white supremacist.  

AOC.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 12:36 AM, AJ Oliver said:

A tip of the hat to AOC for standing up to defend Chelsea Manning 

Where are the establishment Dems, the freedom loving Right, the human beings ??

Whistle blowers usually have a point.  Chelsea just grabbed everything he could and dumped it.  No thought involved.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Whistle blowers usually have a point.  Chelsea just grabbed everything he could and dumped it.  No thought involved.

Which doesn't preclude there having been a point. You're highlighting the short-sighted nature of how Chelsea blew the whistle, not demonstrating that he/she wasn't one.

Don't get me wrong - I agree that Chelsea should face the consequences of that stupid act, I just don't have to pretend that he/she wasn't trying to blow the whistle on actions that were illegal at the same time. It is possible to do the wrong thing for what one thinks is the right reasons, to throw the baby out with the bath water, and all that. The world isn't as black and white as you keep wanting to make it.

16 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

As usual, you are entirely and completely mistaken. 

Everything Manning released was reviewed, and nothing revealed was classified above "Confidential" 

The American people (rest of the empire too) had every right to get that information . . 

especially the nauseating "Collateral Murder" video. 

Jeebus, you are a vain ignoramus. 

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

Which doesn't preclude there having been a point. You're highlighting the short-sighted nature of how Chelsea blew the whistle, not demonstrating that he/she wasn't one.

Don't get me wrong - I agree that Chelsea should face the consequences of that stupid act, I just don't have to pretend that he/she wasn't trying to blow the whistle on actions that were illegal at the same time. It is possible to do the wrong thing for what one thinks is the right reasons, to throw the baby out with the bath water, and all that. The world isn't as black and white as you keep wanting to make it.

No, but stupid irresponsible actions are not nuanced.  They are just stupid and irresponsible.

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Everything Manning released was reviewed, and nothing revealed was classified above "Confidential" 

The American people (rest of the empire too) had every right to get that information . . 

especially the nauseating "Collateral Murder" video. 

Jeebus, you are a vain ignoramus. 

So, they were stupid, irresponsible and ineffective.

What a hero(ine) you have there.

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

No, but stupid irresponsible actions are not nuanced.  They are just stupid and irresponsible.

Good thing I was talking about the intent, rather than the action then. Whistleblowing is defined by the intent as well as the action. You can do something both stupid and irresponsible in order to blow the whistle on illegal actions; the actions will still be stupid / irresponsible AND still be whistleblowing. 

10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

So, they were stupid, irresponsible and ineffective. 

Of course, you will never explain any reasons why the releases were "stupid, irresponsible, and ineffective" 

Because if you did, you would lose little righty points 

42 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

So it is acceptable to post "confidential" docs to the internet? I'm quite sure security clearances don't work like that.

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Of course, you will never explain any reasons why the releases were "stupid, irresponsible, and ineffective" 

Because if you did, you would lose little righty points 

Oooohhh, more labeling because you can't express yourself effectively.

OK.  Here is my psych evaluation of Manning (interestingly he/she seemed more interested in unmanning)

You claim to be a vet so I'm sure you know the guys who joined or were pushed to join to "make a man of them".  I think Manning fell into this category.  Someone with ambiguous or non-existing goals in life but lacking the ambition to go to college and major in some critical skill like Political Science.  I think she really kinda sorta maybe wanted a PhD in physics but wants and farts carry equal weight without real ambition and drive.

I'll just go to Wiki as a source because this doesn't merit much real research.

Manning's father spent weeks in late 2007 asking her to consider joining the Army. Hoping to gain a college education through the G.I. Bill, and perhaps to study for a PhD in physics, she enlisted in September that year. She told her Army supervisor later that she had also hoped joining such a masculine environment would resolve her gender identity disorder.

So, what the fuck was he doing in the US Army in the first place?  Just an aimless soul who couldn't find any direction in their life.  The kind of people who have no concept of service to others or the nation.  They have no goals, ambition, or internal motivation.  In civilian life they usually end up asking soul searching questions like "do you want fries with that?"

Was she a whistleblower?  Apparently she shopped her goodies around to the Post and the Times.  It was apparently sufficiently dull and worthless that they couldn't be bothered.  That whistle must have been really tiny.

Manning contacted The Washington Post and The New York Times to ask if they were interested in the material; the Post reporter did not sound interested, and the Times did not return the call. Manning decided instead to pass it to WikiLeaks, and on February 3 sent them the Iraq and Afghan War logs via Tor. She returned to Iraq on February 11, with no acknowledgment from WikiLeaks that they had received the files.

So, it really doesn't appear that there was any great moral or political motivation in his actions.  Just a neurotic shit flinger.

I guess her bite of fame was catching though.  She began to believe the bullshit of her supposed motivation and decided to run for the Senate.

If we hear of her again, I don't suppose it will be good news for her.  Her moment of fame lasted for about as long as the candle on a birthday cake.

You may have a more romantic view.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

So, it really doesn't appear that there was any great moral or political motivation in his actions.  Just a neurotic shit flinger.

That's not what your "evidence" shows. Your evidence shows that one reporter, with no reason given, "appeared" not to be interested in Manning's view and the other paper didn't return a call (again, with no reason given). That, at best, reflects the view of two journalists - not Manning's thoughts on the morality or political motivations of his/her actions.

That would be like me pointing to two people here who think you're a troll (not hard to find) and saying that proves you have no morality or political motivations to your post; showing instead you're just a neurotic shit flinger. Do you accept that view of yourself? If not, why should we accept your argument?

Meanwhile, back to the OP:

Nancy Pelosi just trolled Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Again.

Pelosi said this: "While there are people who have a large number of Twitter followers, what's important is that we have large numbers of votes on the floor of the House."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/politics/nancy-pelosi-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-twitter/index.html

AOC keeps poking the cat.  The cat pokes back again.  How much longer can AOC poke the cat before a full-blown cat-fight breaks out?

1 minute ago, J28 said:

Pelosi said this: "While there are people who have a large number of Twitter followers, what's important is that we have large numbers of votes on the floor of the House."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/politics/nancy-pelosi-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-twitter/index.html

AOC keeps poking the cat.  The cat pokes back again.  How much longer can AOC poke the cat before a full-blown cat-fight breaks out?

AOC is disruptive to the ruling class like President Trump is disruptive to the ruling class.

You cannot possibly think President Trump is smarter than AOC.

Funny how you side with one and fear the other.

3 minutes ago, J28 said:

LOL...the naive AOC....the establishment DNC will take her out at the knees...

Just now, Bus Driver said:

AOC is disruptive to the ruling class like President Trump is disruptive to the ruling class.

OH...I'd love a public Q&A between AOC and Trump on basic American history and working economics , not the fluff headed economics  AJ the professor oozes,  on national TV....

3 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:
8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

OH...I'd love a public Q&A between AOC and Trump on basic American history and working economics , not the fluff headed economics  AJ the professor oozes,  on national TV....

Like you, I would LOVE to see them square off.  I have a hunch AOC would make mincemeat out of President Trump.

She does say silly stuff.  He just lies.  

Big difference.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

OH...I'd love a public Q&A between AOC and Trump on basic American history and working economics , not the fluff headed economics 

Yeah, me too -  one of us will be severely disappointed and depressed.   That would be you in case it's too complicated.

14 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

LOL...the naive AOC....the establishment DNC will take her out at the knees...

56547351_2257517714307874_1122495178892902400_n.jpg.9d7609a7ebc4cb2d35c778e058735ac9.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Well it is more important to be morally correct than factually correct. (purple font)

That too is debatable...please note the Libgressive tactic of seizing the high ground in any conversation resulting in many suckers replying as if that perch is someone granted as correct and that all replies are confronting established truth....:D:D:D...hence my presence here in PA

14 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:
21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Like you, I would LOVE to see them square off.  I have a hunch AOC would make mincemeat out of President Trump.

She does say silly stuff.  He just lies.  

Big difference.

Well it is more important to be morally correct than factually correct. (purple font)

You cannot possibly be associating the word "moral" with President Trump.

They are polar opposites.

Just now, BillDBastard said:

But that's politics. No need to be correct as long as you are perceived as right.

What's that old saying, "The first casualty of war is truth."

Agreed.

This is why I make the assertion that the Republican Party is basically at war with the United States, and is well on it's way to conquering.

Why bother governing when you can loot? Why bother discussing policy when you can gather potential voters into a mass shouting " Build Tha Wall... Lock Her Up!!!"

-DSK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Agreed.

This is why I make the assertion that the Republican Party is basically at war with the United States, and is well on it's way to conquering.

Why bother governing when you can loot? Why bother discussing policy when you can gather potential voters into a mass shouting " Build Tha Wall... Lock Her Up!!!"

-DSK

delus.gif

11 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:
13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

See this is what happens when you pigeon hole people. You think everything is framed as Team Left v. Team Right.

It has nothing to do with the fact that President Trump currently identifies as a Republican. 

If he were still identifying as a Democrat, I would find him just as offensive, boorish, immature, and amoral. 

It has nothing to do with "Team Left v. Team Right".

It has to do with Right v. Wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:
2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

See this is what happens when you pigeon hole people. You think everything is framed as Team Left v. Team Right.

It has nothing to do with the fact that President Trump currently identifies as a Republican. 

If he were still identifying as a Democrat, I would find him just as offensive, boorish, immature, and amoral. 

It has nothing to do with "Team Left v. Team Right".

It has to do with Right v. Wrong.

Well, there you go.

Any criticism of Trump, the great hero, -must- be dismissed as the deranged jealousy of The Left.

Facts don't matter. The point is WINNING!!

It looks to me more and more that a couple of generations of damaged children are gathered to express their spite and hatred, and their delight in punishing the rest of the nation whom they blame for their unhappiness. I'm a little surprised at how many of them there are, but perhaps since Rush Limbaugh revealed what a huge market for irrational hatre-spew the USA contains, it should have all been easily foreseen.

Republicans are in the process of voting themselves into serfdom, which they see as the natural and right order of the world. Unfortunately they are dragging the rest of us along.

-DSK

18 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, there you go.

Any criticism of Trump, the great hero, -must- be dismissed as the deranged jealousy of The Left.

Facts don't matter. The point is WINNING!!

It looks to me more and more that a couple of generations of damaged children are gathered to express their spite and hatred, and their delight in punishing the rest of the nation whom they blame for their unhappiness. I'm a little surprised at how many of them there are, but perhaps since Rush Limbaugh revealed what a huge market for irrational hatre-spew the USA contains, it should have all been easily foreseen.

Republicans are in the process of voting themselves into serfdom, which they see as the natural and right order of the world. Unfortunately they are dragging the rest of us along.

-DSK

If that's the truth - then perhaps some additional introspection is in order to consider *why* you think so many people feel that way?  Answer that - objectively, and not just dismissively blaming it on brain dead ditto-heads, and you might be on the road to helping figure out a fix.  

22 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

If that's the truth - then perhaps some additional introspection is in order to consider *why* you think so many people feel that way?  Answer that - objectively, and not just dismissively blaming it on brain dead ditto-heads, and you might be on the road to helping figure out a fix.  

Because they are programmed to FEEL that voting for the correct social order is far far more important than voting for policies that they'd like to be governed by.

This has been a sizeable voting block since the beginning, in fact possibly a majority with competing views of the "correct social order" for example the only reason why the US does not have a state religion is that the Founding Fathers could not agree on WHICH religion it should be, and there were -just- enough agnostics in the group to let the matter die unresolved for the sake of union. Within a generation, the common ideal was a seperation of Church of State (and most of the surviving Founders embraced that concept, then) and that's how most of us envision it today.

Of the ones who STILL refuse to accept religious freedom, and want to use the dadgum gubbermint to force their religion on everybody else, they invariably vote lockstep Republican.

Add in the gun nutz, and you've got a nice advantage.... especially for by-elections

-DSK

7 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Why? Because they've chosen to believe garbage propagated by losers. In the case of this thread, they like reading all kinds of stupid clickbait "AOC is stupid" garbage, and they like forwarding it, and they like saying "lol, kidz are dumb".  There's no there there. There's nothing to defend. They feel that way because they want to feel that way; it's easier to believe that shit than reality. The hate gives them something to focus on.

3 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Nah. AOC serves a purpose in that she floats wild ass ideas that the Democrat Party sees as trial balloons. If they fly it gives the party insight and possible alternative directions. If they fail, she is the one who suffers the consequences.

Seems to me the Dems have already conceded this presidential cycle. What they are doing is taking the opportunity to see what garners support and what is a dud. This is all about 2024.

Was reading today about Joe Crowley's failed campaign. Apparently he had information regarding AOC's fund raising irregularities but chose not to go negative. So another facet to Ms. Pelosi's thinly veiled digs at the freshmen congress critter are positioning, distancing the party establishment from AOC in the event thigs go terribly south.

Washington, The Greatest Show on Earth.

See - here's an example. Bill/#6 loves to read all the rightwing bullshit about AOC, and loves to spew what is the Republican party line about her; he reads about her on Fox News or in the NYPost or whatever other garbage rightwing clickbait he chooses. He needs her to be a "star" so he can bring her down. What matters isn't reality it's what meringue the media can whip up for him to eat up.

like all of the "libs are bad" narratives it's always overly deterministic; AOC is the tool of the DNC or some garbage. There's no agency it's all the sinister cabal of lefties out to take their freedom.

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Why? Because they've chosen to believe garbage propagated by losers. In the case of this thread, they like reading all kinds of stupid clickbait "AOC is stupid" garbage, and they like forwarding it, and they like saying "lol, kidz are dumb".  There's no there there. There's nothing to defend. They feel that way because they want to feel that way; it's easier to believe that shit than reality. The hate gives them something to focus on.

Stupid like eliminating fossil fuel and nuclear power in 12 years?  

Yup, stupid like seizing on to one thing and never letting it go, hammering over and over with your little simpleton knowledge.

Now bitch - how's your fucking cancer cure pump n' dump? They leave you like your last trick?

17 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Yup, stupid like seizing on to one thing and never letting it go, hammering over and over with your little simpleton knowledge.

Now bitch - how's your fucking cancer cure pump n' dump? They leave you like your last trick?

Yeah, one small thing like wrecking civilization and creating massive poverty.  

• Like 1

Just now, jzk said:

Yeah, one small think like wrecking civilization and creating massive poverty.  

That is the plan in order to create population dependant on Big Government....

31 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

So, do you believe that the Republicans amended the constitution to prevent FDR from re-election?

Everybody knows that would have been ex post facto and he could have run again under certain conditions.

23 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

He can let it go when she does, can't he? 

The larger issue that all the attention to AOC illustrates is the coming schism in the Democrat Party.  The primary fracture line is the debate over capitalism vs. socialism.  Can it survive as a single party with moderate, liberal and far-left views, or will the differences between the two systems prove to be too much for the party to survive intact?

Just now, J28 said:

The larger issue that all the attention to AOC illustrates is the coming schism in the Democrat Party.  The primary fracture line is the debate over capitalism vs. socialism.  Can it survive as a single party with moderate, liberal and far-left views, or will the differences between the two systems prove to be too much for the party to survive intact?

We'll know in 2024....devolution  or evolution 

Yep.  2020 House election results will be a hint as to where they’re going.  If the Ds lose the House, the insanity will ramp up IMHO.

6 minutes ago, J28 said:

Yep.  2020 House election results will be a hint as to where they’re going.  If the Ds lose the House, the insanity will ramp up IMHO.

57 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Why? Because they've chosen to believe garbage propagated by losers.

Like the MSM spouting "Collusion " for the last 27 months?

39 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Sure you would, sure.

You cats are so wrapped up in your party's BS that you cannot help yourself from framing everything as Left v Right.

Sorry to be so abrupt, but as someone who does not identify with the major parties, well lets just say it is very liberating.

Well, Here's #6 back at it, self-identifying as an asshole.   We are all pretty pleased that you don't identify as a sailor (and correctly it would seem). 

I suspect both parties are also pleased that you don't identify with them either, although the bar to be accepted by Team R is astoundingly low.  With the application of just a little self discipline, they might let you join.

34 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

He can let it go when she does, can't he? 

That'd be like solving the border "crisis" instead of grandstanding. What's in it for the Republican party? I mean, Mitch pushed the sham vote to roil up the rubes; that wasn't on AOC at all.

'course y'all aren't about responsibility for R congress critters.

5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

That'd be like solving the border "crisis" instead of grandstanding. What's in it for the Republican party?

What's in it for a party? I really don't care - that's the absolute LEAST of my concern. 

26 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Well, Here's #6 back at it, self-identifying as an asshole.   We are all pretty pleased that you don't identify as a sailor (and correctly it would seem). 

I suspect both parties are also pleased that you don't identify with them either, although the bar to be accepted by Team R is astoundingly low.  With the application of just a little self discipline, they might let you join.

Can you just let them talk to each other about the dangers the democratic party is facing?  I'm finally getting entertained in this nasty ass forum and you have to go fuck it up and let them pretend they want to have a real conversation!

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Can you just let them talk to each other about the dangers the democratic party is facing?  I'm finally getting entertained in this nasty ass forum and you have to go fuck it up and let them pretend they want to have a real conversation!

Sometimes I guess I need to get my spleen removed.  Venting is cheaper than elective surgery.

Sure you would, sure.

You cats are so wrapped up in your party's BS that you cannot help yourself from framing everything as Left v Right.

Sorry to be so abrupt, but as someone who does not identify with the major parties, well lets just say it is very liberating.

Care to point out in the interaction copied below where I made it a left/right issue?

5 hours ago, BillDBastard said:
5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Common sense is not common.  It is only an application of perspective.  That is why there are things that are counter-intuitive.  What may make sense really doesn't sometimes.  We have to get away from the tribalism of R/D.  One of these is that a lot of the process being put forth by AOC actually work that may seem contrary to common sense.  That is a reason to back her voice in the political arena.

1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

Sure, by your own lead into this you identified AOC as a positive and Trump as a negative. Whether consciously or not you are taking one blitherer over another based on party affiliation, IMHO.

From my perspective I just see two people who both say the strangest things with no real basis in reality.

Swing, and a miss.  I didn't make it partisan.  You did, in assuming my feelings for each are based and heavily influenced by their party affiliation.  

However, I do take one of them over the other.  One is a documented liar.  He lies.  He lies.  Frequently and outrageously.  He lies for the practice.  The number of lies he's told, both consequential and inconsequential, are voluminous.  You seem to not be bothered by this character flaw in your party leader.

In no way, shape, or form are they in the same league.  I stand by my statement I would be just as outraged about the lies if President Trump went back to being a Democrat.  There are a few of his defenders here (but, they don't support him) would also join me in being outraged at the lies, if he were to switch back.  But, as long as he is a Republican, he gets Mulligan after Mulligan from them.

For the record, I don't see AOC as a positive.  I see her as a disrupter.  Some found that a laudable attribute in Donald Trump, and openly expressed that was the reason for their vote.

Once again, it's not a left v. right issue, for me.  It's a right v. wrong issue.

So AOC can be factually wrong and that works for you BD? How is that different than Trump being factually wrong and that not being okay?

47 minutes ago, Laker said:

Common sense is not common.  It is only an application of perspective.  That is why there are things that are counter-intuitive.  What may make sense really doesn't sometimes.  We have to get away from the tribalism of R/D.  One of these is that a lot of the process being put forth by AOC actually work that may seem contrary to common sense.  That is a reason to back her voice in the political arena.

okay, I'll bite, what has AOC proposed/endorsed that may seem contrary to logic but is proven to have worked?

Just now, BillDBastard said:

okay, I'll bite, what has AOC proposed/endorsed that may seem contrary to logic but is proven to have worked?

70% top marginal tax rate.

Allow me to clarify, I did not read the piece in The Post nor watch it on Fox News, contrary to your assertion..

Of course you didn't. It's just the place it appeared. Just like all of the other partisan hack pieces you disavow. Attempt to launder your hackery all you want #6.

How about accelerated minimum wages.  Alan Kruger's obituary gave a good example of him showing it works to the betterment of all.

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

What's in it for a party? I really don't care - that's the absolute LEAST of my concern. 

If that's the least of your concerns why are you reading what the party wants you to think?

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Of course you didn't. It's just the place it appeared. Just like all of the other partisan hack pieces you disavow. Attempt to launder your hackery all you want #6.

And dozens of other media outlets like Reddit, Newsweek (far right wing rags right!) and The Washington Examiner.... all before the NY Post or Fox News.

But then again you seem to track The Post and Fox News more than me. My Fox interaction is primarily, if not solely, Fox Business News. As for Alexander Hamilton's newspaper, best sports section in NYC...…. so??

21 minutes ago, Laker said:

How about accelerated minimum wages.  Alan Kruger's obituary gave a good example of him showing it works to the betterment of all.

Artificially raising the minimum does not work in the long run. What works in the long run is to improve unskilled worker's wages is either training or limiting the pool of unskilled workers...… which is hard to do with hundreds of thousands of people attempting/breaching our southern border.

What "Accelerated Minimum Wages" actually does is causes inflation..... and if you had not noticed, that is what kills nearly every socialist leaning nation.

• Like 1

So AOC can be factually wrong and that works for you BD? How is that different than Trump being factually wrong and that not being okay?

There is a world of difference between being naive and misinformed (AOC) and pathological lying (President Trump).

That you see them as roughly equivalent demonstrates the partisan shit you claim to abhor.

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

There is a world of difference between being naive and misinformed (AOC) and pathological lying (President Trump).

That you see them as roughly equivalent demonstrates the partisan shit you claim to abhor.

ummmm, no sir. It is only being applied as right v wrong, not political affiliation in the least. Killing someone because you wanted to or killing someone because you didn't understand shooting them would kill them is still homicide.

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

That concept is true.  So let's not look to a naive misinformed person for our national energy policy.  

38 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

But then again you seem to track The Post and Fox News more than me.

I google your bullshit storys you won't source and that's where they always appear, proven liar.  It's funny to watch you spin, psycho. Reddit doesn't have far right wing shit? Damn, that's fucking dumb even for you #6.

anyways - you two - #6 and jerkz are cynical and stupid and misinformed - so why don't you toddle off and shut the fuck up? Or invest in cancer curing companys.

38 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Artificially raising the minimum does not work in the long run. What works in the long run is to improve unskilled worker's wages is either training or limiting the pool of unskilled workers...… which is hard to do with hundreds of thousands of people attempting/breaching our southern border.

What "Accelerated Minimum Wages" actually does is causes inflation..... and if you had not noticed, that is what kills nearly every socialist leaning nation.

You obviously have not read anything on it.  With this short a response, I am sure you are stating your "common sense".  There is a reason Kreuger got the Nobel Prize.  That is not unrestricted acceleration of minimum wage.  Where the money comes from is dead (casino, rogue) capital.

28 minutes ago, jzk said:

That concept is true.  So let's not look to a naive misinformed person for our national energy policy.  

But it is not naive nor misinformed.  It is where we have to go.  Achievable time frames may be up to debate, but the direction is irrevocable.