toad

Ocasio

6 minutes ago, jzk said:

1500 jobs instead of 40,000.  Sounds like quite the victory.

That 40k jobs # was floated for useful idiots like yourself. Much like Foxconn 13k jobs in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

When I lived in communistical San Francisco, it came time to replace Candlestick Park where the Giants and 49ers played. The Giants wanted a new ballpark and they wanted San Francisco to pay for it. The Mayor said yes please! The citizens said no, vote. There was a vote and the ballpark lost. So the Giants said, well darned, I guess private company that we are we'll pay for a private ballpark that we'll use. So they built PacBell or whatever it's called now. It's kinda nice too.

Postscript to this story. The 49ers also needed a new stadium but wouldn't pay for it. They get to play in San Jose now. The Warriors needed a new coliseum and didn't even ask. They built the Chase Center in SF.

This idea that cities have to pay companies to move there or stay there is peculiarly Republican idea. It shows Republicans' deep commitment to free enterprise.

24 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

When I lived in communistical San Francisco, it came time to replace Candlestick Park where the Giants and 49ers played. The Giants wanted a new ballpark and they wanted San Francisco to pay for it. The Mayor said yes please! The citizens said no, vote. There was a vote and the ballpark lost. So the Giants said, well darned, I guess private company that we are we'll pay for a private ballpark that we'll use. So they built PacBell or whatever it's called now. It's kinda nice too.

Postscript to this story. The 49ers also needed a new stadium but wouldn't pay for it. They get to play in San Jose now. The Warriors needed a new coliseum and didn't even ask. They built the Chase Center in SF.

This idea that cities have to pay companies to move there or stay there is peculiarly Republican idea. It shows Republicans' deep commitment to free enterprise.

And after what seems like half of forever, the sales tax to fund Miller Park, the Brewers playpen, is finally set to expire.  I wonder how long it will be before the Brewers owners comes jonesing around talking about the need for a major upgrade if not a whole new playpen.