Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sadug

Boat on the Beach

https://www.10news.com/news/man-rescued-from-boat-at-carlsbad-beach-after-standoff

Interesting interaction between the CG pilot and the skipper:

The pilot said, “We’re requesting that you get off of your vessel so that way we can guarantee your safety on the shore.”

The man on the boat responded, “I’m comfortable in my bed. I’m going to bed. Good night.”

BB.jpg

has his bumpers ready

2 hours ago, overlay said:

Time to draw your gun and shoot the f#cker,

That escalated quickly...

Are the King tides happening right now?

56 minutes ago, hobot said:

Are the King tides happening right now?

No but they better get that thing outta there:

TONIGHT  Wind SW 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Wind waves  2 ft or less. Swell W 4 to 7 ft at 17 seconds. Chance of rain.  THU  Wind SW 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 6 ft. Swell W 5 to 8 ft at  16 seconds. Rain in the morning, then widespread showers and  isolated TSTMs in the afternoon.  THU NIGHT  Wind W 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Combined  seas 11 ft dominant period 15 seconds. Showers likely and slight  chance of TSTMs in the evening, then chance of showers after  midnight.  FRI  Wind W 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves 6 ft.  Swell W 9 to 12 ft at 14 seconds. Slight chance of showers in the  morning.

Ocean Beach pier closed today due to rising surf which is expected to be double o/h soon. 6-10' with some 12' thrown in just for fun.....

Another boat was lost today ~24 nm. to the south of the beached boat above, at Ocean Beach, San Diego:

Video: Two rescued after sailboat crashes into Ocean Beach jetty, sinks
Posted: 3:39 PM, Nov 28, 2018, Updated: 1 hour ago
https://www.10news.com/news/two-rescued-after-sailboat-crashes-into-mission-bay-jetty-sinks

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — Two people escaped uninjured after a sailboat crashed into an Ocean Beach jetty, before the vessel itself was crushed by high surf.

The 25-foot long boat collided into the North Channel jetty in Ocean Beach with the two individuals on board, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokeswoman Monica Muñoz.

San Diego Lifeguards used a personal water craft to reach the vessel and safely pull the two individuals after they were forced to jump from the boat. The boat was attempting to leave the jetty area when a large wave forced them to pull a U-turn.

Wind caught the sails and instead sent the vessel back into the jetty, according to witnesses at the scene.

Those two people were uninjured in the wreck though the sailboat was crushed by high surf and sunk within the channel's entrance, according to Muñoz.

9 hours ago, overlay said:

Time to draw your gun and shoot the f#cker,

Bows and arrows

Yesterday morning on my way to work I saw a lone sailboat anchored (or possibly moored) in Cowells by the Santa Cruz wharf. Knowing the forecast I hoped her owners would seek shelter in the SC Harbor. Last night's weather here in Santa Cruz was pretty intense and the southerly gale was roaring this morning when I drove West Cliff in to work. Boat was gone and hopefully not sitting on Cowells beach looking like this one. (I don't think so but I didn't stop to look at the beach.) 'Tis the season.