Mid

Donald Trump Knows ‘Playtime Is Over’ and ‘Doesn’t Like It’

GOP Strategist Says Donald Trump Knows ‘Playtime Is Over’ and ‘Doesn’t Like It’

Republican strategist Rick Wilson believes Donald Trump is toast and will soon be absolutely demolished by Robert Mueller and the Special Counsel.

https://hillreporter.com/gop-strategist-says-donald-trump-knows-playtime-is-over-and-doesnt-like-it-15767

Wilson, with all the glee of a Republican who wants Trump out of office adds, “pain — political, economic, and legal pain—is coming to Donald Trump, and he’s earned every bit of it.”

The PC brigade will insist the infant needs a time out, I would prefer to kick his ass and tell him what a bad boy he has been and make him apologize.

I don't expect Trump to leave office until the next election (assuming the Democrats find a viable candidate and the Republicans don't follow their pledge to lock the opposition up).   The best I hope for is that the Republicans in the Senate, the Republican minority in Congress, and the Republican courts discover ethics and morals.   They must require judicial appointments have upstanding character and legal credentials, instead of merely being anti abortion and anti Republican investigation.       Appointments made by the President deserve very thorough scrutiny.   Candidates and conformation processes both need to be free of the appearance of corruption, indecency,  or foreign taint.   Republicans can reaffirm the long established protective agencies that keep us from descending into a failed state.   They must do so, as they currently appear guilty by their collusion with Donald Trump. We should protect the investigation until it runs its course, or lasts longer then the Clinton investigation.  I accept 7 years as a fair limit, previously agreed upon by the Republican party.    If this can be established, if ethics can be reformed back to at least the Obama level, then we only need worry about continued decay due to antipopulist economic policy,  climate change and spiraling deficit.   That would be a huge improvement.   

We're just about at this stage...

goodfellas-copter.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lark said:

I don't expect Trump to leave office until the next election (assuming the Democrats find a viable candidate and the Republicans don't follow their pledge to lock the opposition up).   The best I hope for is that the Republicans in the Senate, the Republican minority in Congress, and the Republican courts discover ethics and morals.   They must require judicial appointments have upstanding character and legal credentials, instead of merely being anti abortion and anti Republican investigation.       Appointments made by the President deserve very thorough scrutiny.   Candidates and conformation processes both need to be free of the appearance of corruption, indecency,  or foreign taint.   Republicans can reaffirm the long established protective agencies that keep us from descending into a failed state.   They must do so, as they currently appear guilty by their collusion with Donald Trump. We should protect the investigation until it runs its course, or lasts longer then the Clinton investigation.  I accept 7 years as a fair limit, previously agreed upon by the Republican party.    If this can be established, if ethics can be reformed back to at least the Obama level, then we only need worry about continued decay due to antipopulist economic policy,  climate change and spiraling deficit.   That would be a huge improvement.   

Lark, 

Well considered as always.  I said a year of so ago that if the going gets tough, Trump will feign an illness and step down and the dogs will be called off.  Still my best guess.  

9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Lark, 

Well considered as always.  I said a year of so ago that if the going gets tough, Trump will feign an illness and step down and the dogs will be called off.  Still my best guess.  

You’re not alone with that train of thought and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s mental health used as a final excuse to avoid finally testifying if any serious criminal proceedings to face. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mad said:

You’re not alone with that train of thought and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s mental health. 

Of course not, I haven't had an original thought since I was 4.  Bone spurs are going to become inflamed. 

No.... Trump won't walk.

He's too vain for that. He'd rather be burned at the stake than walk away.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

He'd rather be burned at the stake than walk away.

He also prefers his steak burned. 

With ketchup. 

We've got the the most cold, calculating law enforcement officer on the planet up against a buffoon who could not think his way out of a wet paper sack.

Is there any doubt where this is going?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benwynn said:

We've got the the most cold, calculating law enforcement officer on the planet up against a buffoon who could not think his way out of a wet paper sack.

Yeah, but will he prove collusion?

4 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Lark, 

It's a little know fact that bone spurs can reappear after an apparent 50 year hiatus. BS are totally debilitating - now way you could be Pres with them acting up. (We hope!)

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

there should not be ........................... however ..........................

• Like 1

Unfortunately there is another narrative along the lines of "little orange troll simply declares martial law & has everyone that ever said anything bad about him thrown in the slammer" (okay I'll admit it, Bill Maher sings to the choir quite a bit at my house), the ugliest part about that is: it also works in 2020.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah, but will he prove collusion?

Either Trump is too stupid to have done it, or so stupid he did it without knowing it. 

46 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

there is another narrative along the lines of "little orange troll simply declares martial law

Yep, it's interesting to watch. Interesting, in the morbid way an enlightenment natural philosopher might have found observing rot taking his own body interesting. I'm fairly sure there are key players who would support an outright coup. That could be the final act of the Gingrich putsch and the end of the Great Experiment. That would be tragic. In a more perfect world the Republicans would burn out the rot and re-form. Conservative, prudent, respectful of the law and patriotic they should be the mortar that binds the Republic together. In the here and now the prognosis ain't great.

• Like 1

Yeah, clearly when I post something this negative it's an indication that the forces of power & darkness have me right where they want me, fearful & demoralized, however to get a little "Science Fictiony" in Bill Gibson's last novel "the Peripheral" he lays out a scenario where a sort of benevolent kleptocracy could be a good thing, certainly not from the current CIC, but perhaps someone with actual brains like, Larry Ellison (okay not really, just having some fun at expense of Kiwi fan boys on the AC threads).

Worth a read? Virtual Light was the last Gibson I read. Always enjoyed his texturing but I wouldn't want to live in his worlds.

It is as if you all don't understand Trump in the least. He doesn't care what Mueller does at the end of the day, he will just adjust his heading and course to come out looking like he is the master of the game.

Ultimately Trump is a pragmatic. He is waiting to see what cards Mueller holds exactly. Once those cards are on the table he will make moves to negate the negative impact(s). So what does that mean exactly? My best guess is that we will see the ACA retooled/fixed, a pathway to citizenship, federal prison/sentencing reform and a YUGE infrastructure bill. The Dems will go along and shelve investigations and impeachment talk.

It is all a negotiation, a game of appearances.

4 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

It is as if you all don't understand Trump in the least. He doesn't care what Mueller does at the end of the day, he will just adjust his heading and course to come out looking like he is the master of the game.

Ultimately Trump is a pragmatic. He is waiting to see what cards Mueller holds exactly. Once those cards are on the table he will make moves to negate the negative impact(s). So what does that mean exactly? My best guess is that we will see the ACA retooled/fixed, a pathway to citizenship, federal prison/sentencing reform and a YUGE infrastructure bill. The Dems will go along and shelve investigations and impeachment talk.

Sadly, if the D's don't find and get behind a candidate NOW Trump is a shoo-in for a second term assuming Mueller doesn't throw him in jail.  I'm ok as long as the Dems control the senate or house.  

On 11/29/2018 at 5:06 AM, Navig8tor said:

The PC brigade will insist the infant needs a time out, I would prefer to kick his ass and tell him what a bad boy he has been and make him apologize.

Bailiff!!  Whack his pee-pee!!!

33 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Sadly, if the D's don't find and get behind a candidate NOW Trump is a shoo-in for a second term assuming Mueller doesn't throw him in jail.  I'm ok as long as the Dems control the senate or house.  

NO way will this moron be re-elected!

4 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

They said that about him being elected and lasting to the mid terms...... I’m not holding my breath for that as a definite outcome. 

Please tell me you got that from National Lampoon's Missing Watergate Tapes.  

11 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Please tell me you got that from National Lampoon's Missing Watergate Tapes.  

I don't remember where it's from?  Cheech and Chong, maybe?  Dave?  Dave's not here?  Alices Restaurant, maybe??

EDIT - Think it was Alice's Restaurant, at the Group W bench?????

16 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

There’s an oldie. 

“I plead insanity!”

”Insanity?”

”I was crazy about that girl!”

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

There’s an oldie. 

“I plead insanity!”

”Insanity?”

So it was Alice's??

So, my first guess was right!!  Pulled that one outta my ass!!!

21 minutes ago, mad said:
23 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

They said that about him being elected and lasting to the mid terms...... I’m not holding my breath for that as a definite outcome. 

I'm with mad on this one. The yanks proved stupid enough to elect him the first time. They have yet to prove they've learnt anything since then.

• Like 1

Just now, Bent Sailor said:

I'm with mad on this one. The yanks proved stupid enough to elect him the first time. They have yet to prove they've learnt anything since then.

Pretty sad and embarrassing being a self-respecting Seppo these days............:huh::( 

I hear tell, one can retire on very little money in Portugal, any confirmation on that rumor?

No it was National Lampoon.  Mr. Capone, we sentence you to a dose of Gonorrhea, Bailiff, whack his pee-pee.  

6 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Damn, that brought back some memories of frat parties and stupid shit I did.  Thank God all of that was before cell phone cameras and YouTube.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

No it was National Lampoon.  Mr. Capone, we sentence you to a dose of Gonorrhea, Bailiff, whack his pee-pee.  

Nope, Sol's link is Cheech and Chong, "Trippin' in Court"....open it and laugh...

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Damn, that brought back some memories of frat parties and stupid shit I did.  Thank God all of that was before cell phone cameras and YouTube.

Amen. 

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Nope, Sol's link is Cheech and Chong, "Trippin' in Court"....open it and laugh...

Yup, it happened in multiple places.  Funny as hell.  

Could you imagine someone trying to do that routine today?  I can.  It would look like this:

lkNiK.jpg

13 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Pretty sad and embarrassing being a self-respecting Seppo these days............:huh::( 

I hear tell, one can retire on very little money in Portugal, any confirmation on that rumor?

Not that cheap, but not bad. Just don’t bother using a British passport at the border. :P

23 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Oh, hell yeah.  Anybody could beat Trump.

Who ya got on deck?

9 minutes ago, mad said:

Not that cheap, but not bad. Just don’t bother using a British passport at the border. :P

Is that because of Brexit?  I read somewhere that there is a sizable ex-pat Brit presence, in Portugal?

43 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There’s an oldie. 

“I plead insanity!”

”Insanity?”

Ah, the old "sanity clause"!

12 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Is that because of Brexit?  I read somewhere that there is a sizable ex-pat Brit presence, in Portugal?

There is at the moment as there is in Spain, if/when the free flow of people moving and access to  medical treatment agreement ends, there’s likely to be a lot heading home. 

You might be able to cash in. 

37 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I am in - how much do I need? How much is a mooring? Should I sail there now with just shorts and t-shirts or wait until spring?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

A fair number of my fellow yanks have proved they are willing to double down on dumb. Because the Democrats are icky.

39 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Could you imagine someone trying to do that routine today?  I can.  It would look like this:

lkNiK.jpg

Poor guy looks like he's suffering horribly, with those scantily clad young women hovering over him like  nubile young vulturettes....

20 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I am in - how much do I need? How much is a mooring? Should I sail there now with just shorts and t-shirts or wait until spring?

I saw it on one of those click bait links, "Most Affordable Places to Retire", or something like that.  Probably easy to locate with a google search, but then you will get multiple adsvert for "Mature Portuguese GMILF's", seeking wealthy Yank retirees!!! LOL!!

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Poor guy looks like he's suffering horribly, with those scantily clad young women hovering over him like  nubile young vulturettes....

There’s a story, of course. Brazil. Me Too type rally. You can’t see it in that pic but supposedly he has his dick out. 

He ended up running away up that incline behind him and getting arrested. 

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There’s a story, of course. Brazil. Me Too type rally. You can’t see it in that pic but supposedly he has his dick out. 

He ended up running away up that incline behind him and getting arrested. 

Yep.

Bad idea, on his part.

Linky.

11 hours ago, benwynn said:

Either Trump is too stupid to have done it, or so stupid he did it without knowing it. 

Sounds much like the opposition comment about Anthony Eden during Suez - "If he doesn't believe it he is too dishonest to be Prime Minister, if he believes it he is too stupid to be Prime Minister.

5 hours ago, billy backstay said:

George W got re-elected a second term and he was considered dumb, sadly he measures up as reasonably intelligent compared to the incumbent.

As mentioned above the dems have to find an alternate option fast, that said there are numerous reports of fractures beginning within the R machine also.

With Grassley grandstanding and threatening to pull the reins on Team trump and the Senators collectively insisting on hearing Gina tell them all about the Khashoggi affair that team trump wishes to put quickly behind them.

Moves like this would have resulted in a twitterstorm and accusations of treason from from donnie six months ago.

I think the R's are realizing that trump is quickly turning into a liability especially after the mid term damage has been assessed and the spectre of Mueller on their horizon.

The next month and  half will be very telling for trump and his political future.

We have already seen him fight dirty and sink to unfathomable lows to achieve the means to his political survival, sadly I believe we have not yet seen how low this could go.

Midterm damage? What midterm damage? It was fairly routine as midterm elections go and one might argue successfully best outcome the right side of the aisle could hope for. Basically the party riding coattails of a winning presidential candidate see a change of fortunes come the midterms. Now if The Senate had flipped, you might have a point. It didn't.

Another point. If The Dems don't find someone charismatic and find that person in like the next 6-8 weeks, then they should just put up an also ran type candidate and continue leveraging Trump's disapprovals as best they can..... best they might be able to hope for.

My guess is that no formidable opponent will emerge and if Hillary wants another go, she will get it but she will not have the sway she once enjoied within the party. She will be used a throw away candidate. Somehow fitting. Dead but doesn't yet realize. 

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There’s an oldie. 

“I plead insanity!”

”Insanity?”

Judge:  You want to divorce Minnie because she's crazy?

Mickey:  No judge, I said she's fucking Goofy!

And the *resident is just plain demented.  

7 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

So - Dems get what they want in your view? And since "Trump Wins" you're ok with that?

I don't believe you.  Well, actually, since your a fanboy, maybe that's the end game. Trump turns 35% of the electorate into Democrats without them knowing it. Sneaky.

27 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Midterm damage? What midterm damage? It was fairly routine as midterm elections go and one might argue successfully best outcome the right side of the aisle could hope for. Basically the party riding coattails of a winning presidential candidate see a change of fortunes come the midterms. Now if The Senate had flipped, you might have a point. It didn't.

Another point. If The Dems don't find someone charismatic and find that person in like the next 6-8 weeks, then they should just put up an also ran type candidate and continue leveraging Trump's disapprovals as best they can..... best they might be able to hope for.

My guess is that no formidable opponent will emerge and if Hillary wants another go, she will get it but she will not have the sway she once enjoied within the party. She will be used a throw away candidate. Somehow fitting. Dead but doesn't yet realize. 

Do you even know how the political system works? no one "puts up" a candidate, other than the money dudes behind the scenes like Adelson. (ewwwww)

The Dems don't have that, so they have no one to "put up" - individual candidates have to look around, see if they have a path to the money, and make the call, individually.  It's possible that no one strong will see a path to money, and you'll have weak candidates.

God forbid Mark Dayton thinks he sees a path....

12 hours ago, weightless said:

Yep, it's interesting to watch. Interesting, in the morbid way an enlightenment natural philosopher might have found observing rot taking his own body interesting. I'm fairly sure there are key players who would support an outright coup. That could be the final act of the Gingrich putsch and the end of the Great Experiment. That would be tragic. In a more perfect world the Republicans would burn out the rot and re-form. Conservative, prudent, respectful of the law and patriotic they should be the mortar that binds the Republic together. In the here and now the prognosis ain't great.

It's "possible", not likely but possible, that the money folks behind the R party will see the current product won't bring in enough customers to win next time around, and will change the product. 

6 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Check out Ecuador, lovely country (except Guayaquil) , cheap to live and you can choose the natural environment you want - equatorial beaches, mountain meadows, historic cities.

I'm thinking Costa Rica or Belize...

6 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I saw it on one of those click bait links, "Most Affordable Places to Retire", or something like that.  Probably easy to locate with a google search, but then you will get multiple adsvert for "Mature Portuguese GMILF's", seeking wealthy Yank retirees!!! LOL!!

Damn, wish I was a wealthy retiree instead of just a retiree.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

It's "possible", not likely but possible, that the money folks behind the R party will see the current product won't bring in enough customers to win next time around, and will change the product. 

But, if you're a student of The Dictator's Handbook then you may consider that  the power brokers are the customers. If they get rewarded then they'll support whoever controls the wealth. Honestly, I don't think that's how everyone plays, but if enough key players do then controlling the wealth really is the end game.

51 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Check out Ecuador, lovely country (except Guayaquil) , cheap to live and you can choose the natural environment you want - equatorial beaches, mountain meadows, historic cities.

I think that was one of the ones mentioned, I think?  As to Costa Rica and Belize, I heard there is violent crime in parts of Belize, but don't know anything about Costa Rica

8 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Oh, hell yeah.  Anybody could beat Trump.

Who ya got on deck?

Nobody. I'm an interested observer, not a participant. 

8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

DO a google search for the pic..  He whipped his dick out in front of a feminist rally.  Classy hu??   

Didn't read far enough.  Nothing to see here.  Cary on..

Kasich is clearly trying to position himself as a moderate during the lame duck session.   He has always been more rational then the state Republicans et large, but willing to accede  to their crackpot ideas and corrupt private education companies for political reasons.  First he started worrying about the great lakes algae blooms even though Toledo children had safe drinking water this summer.   Now he's opposing the new stand your ground and heartbeat bills.    Either now he discovered a conscience since he's no longer up for reelection, or more likely he's planning something.   I'm not certain if its as a Republican, or a "Smart Party" candidate. 

The Democrats are in the opposite.    The longer they wait to make their intentions obvious, the less time the Republicans have to begin the public campaign to corrupt public opinion or let Trump's temporary head of the Justice Department arrest the candidates on phony charges.    Instead of starting to campaign in Iowa a year early, this year it may be wiser to dramatically blitz Iowa in the last few weeks, and get a headwind before the political machine begins a proper counterattack.   

Biden/Harris.  Written in stone 

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I think that was one of the ones mentioned, I think?  As to Costa Rica and Belize, I heard there is violent crime in parts of Belize, but don't know anything about Costa Rica

I've been digging...

Belize is small so any crime shows up quickly in the stats. In the US, a mass gun event every day doesnt really impact the overall crime rate. In Belize a single killing does. But, it's worth digging into. I'm more worried that it's in a hurricane prone area:

Caracas, Venezuela, for example, is considered in surveys to be the most dangerous city in the world, with 120 murders per 100,000 people.

Englewood, Chicago, meantime, has 132 murders per 100,000 people, including a solid 36 murders in the last 12 months.

Belize is a small country with a tiny population and a chronic gang problem in certain south side neighborhoods of Belize City. The country sees 40 murders per 100,000 per year (on average in recent years).

Murders Per Capita

First, this is fewer murders per capita per year than take place in Detroit or Baltimore (my wife’s home town), to give a couple of reference points.

Second, again, nearly all these murders are committed by street gang members… who are killing other street gang members in certain parts of Belize City.

Belizeans in general are a reasonable, nonviolent lot who will go far out of their way to avoid conflict.

What about the couple of expats murdered in northern Belize this month?

It’s not that Canadian Francesca Matus and American Drew Devoursney were the target of Belizean robbers or that they were even simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and found themselves in the middle of a Belizean beef.

The only good news in this grizzly tale is that the Belize police identified and tracked down a suspect quickly. It’s a Canadian guy, well known to the victims. He was renting the lower level of Francesca’s duplex from her.

Guatemala City might be a good place for Trump to go to in his exile.......

I only know one person who was murdered there on the street.

7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Guatemala City might be a good place for Trump to go to in his exile.......

I only know one person who was murdered there on the street.

Was it Quinta Avenida by any chance? Was Trump around at the time?

On 12/3/2018 at 2:59 PM, Mike G said:

We're just about at this stage...

goodfellas-copter.jpg

I think we are well past that. Closer to this,

Goodfellas_342Pyxurz1-600x369.jpg

And soon Mike Flynn and Mikey Cohen will be contemplating having to live the rest of their lives as schnooks. 

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I could look up the street, but it was in 1984

It was right near the apartments where they were staying.

Trump was probably having a bad case of bone spurs at the time.

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

9 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

sadly I believe we have not yet seen how low this could go.

And you won't until he is gone - he lowers the bar on a daily basis.

Anyone get the sense Trump’s plan was simple... Trump Tower in Moscow in exchange for repealing or weakening the Magnitsky Act.

Saudi Arabia, via Jared’s new bestie MBS, bails out Ivanka’s hubby. 

Finally, use tariffs to shake down China and a bunch of other countries.

23 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Anyone get the sense Trump’s plan was simple...

Sure. I reckon the plan (in running for POTUS) was stupid simple - get more exposure by running, lose against someone more suited to office, milk the exposure and right-wingers who thought they were robbed electorally for every last penny. I don't think it was anymore complicated than that. There were no further plans than that because no-one, including Trump, really counted on there being enough yankee morons to get him into office. 

Everything since then has been pure short-term exploitation of whatever looks best in any given 24hr period. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

Sure. I reckon the plan (in running for POTUS) was stupid simple - get more exposure by running, lose against someone more suited to office, milk the exposure and right-wingers who thought they were robbed electorally for every last penny. I don't think it was anymore complicated than that. There were no further plans than that because no-one, including Trump, really counted on there being enough yankee morons to get him into office. 

Everything since then has been pure short-term exploitation of whatever looks best in any given 24hr period. 

This

7 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

But “God” gave us Trump