CapnCrunch

Pole control

I really like the idea of these little eyes for pole up/ down on my 24 footer.  I "glued" them on with some west and low density just to keep them in place but this will not be strong enough so I am considering either the small screw or glass mat shown shown.  Think the screw will compromise the strength?  Other ideas?

IMG_4751.jpg.df5224fbcc64944a87d86bca3ccab018.jpg

Lash them together with small amsteel, around the pole. Loops to hook in toplift and foreguy.

Similar to this

aps075.jpg

Or loop the uphaul through the bottom eye and the downhaul through the upper eye. That way the eyes won't be pulled away from the pole and are only loaded in shear. 

16 hours ago, See Level said:

Lash them together with small amsteel, around the pole. Loops to hook in toplift and foreguy.

Similar to this

aps075.jpg

did this and put some neat west systems on the chord to keep if from slipping and keeps the ring upright..

Is your pole designed for this high bending load mid-pole? A bridle is a much better choice for the loads.  I know that a 24' boat has a small kite, but it also generally has a small diameter pole...

Thanks all, I've used the D-ring lashing just thought of doing things differently maybe I'll bail and stop over thinking it.  This pole is just for light air (tapered) but my heavy air pole has a bridle but good point.

My rope work is worse than my glass skills but I've lashed some shit.  Can I finish this type of lashing with by burying the end as if I was whipping an end?  Thought I might drop a bit of epoxy on the line when I am done to further lock it in place.  I looked for a video on this type of whipping but no luck - suggestions?

Guess I am going to take my stupid eyes off the pole tonight : )