Sign in to follow this  
garuda3

GOP cry babies

The Republicans that lost in the racers in the midwest are turning into a bunch of cry babies,

So much for them being strong leaders WTF

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/midwestern-republicans-try-to-kneecap-new-democratic-governors_us_5c05acebe4b0cd916faefc3e

Wisconsin Republicans Advance Lame-Duck Power Grab

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wisconsin-republicans-advance-lame-duck-power-grab_us_5c05a479e4b07aec57519c2b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Image result for crying baby cartoon

Looks like an organized power grab by the flailing R's. Wisconsin and Michigan...do I smell fear?

• Like 1

It’s disgusting. The only reason Wisconsin Republicans are in a position to do this is their successful gerrymander in the last redistricting. They lost the popular vote for State legislators this year by a significant margin but still “won” a majority of seats. 

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

They only believe in democracy if the right team wins.

They don't believe in democracy at all. They believe that voters are easily swayed, which is why they scrambled so hard for campaign funds to buy advertising. They also worked to reduce voting likely to go against them, with no regard whatever for "the will of the people"

What they forget is that government is necessarily by consent of the governed. At some point, the pitchforks come out. But it looks like the pendulum is swinging the other way, anyway, so maybe it won't get so bad, this time.

They've convinced people like JZK that democracy is not even a fundamental American principle.

-DSK

20 minutes ago, Sean said:

It’s disgusting. The only reason Wisconsin Republicans are in a position to do this is their successful gerrymander in the last redistricting. They lost the popular vote for State legislators this year by a significant margin but still “won” a majority of seats. 

Which is why what they really fear, is losing the legislature in 2020. Fair districting will require republicans to broaden their message and leave behind the racists.

• Like 1

It truly is some bullshit.  But, given who they elected as Governor, last time, I am not surprised.

I wonder how many of them have previously held with the mantra "Elections have consequences"?

Democrats know that recounting the existing votes is unlikely to change the result. So Democrats have filed a series of lawsuits asking courts to change Florida elections laws after the fact. The result would be that they can count ineligible votes in the hope that these will provide the margin necessary to overcome Scott’s lead.

I think we all know who the real cry babies are, the ones trying to cheat in that blue wave. Oh wait the blue wave never existed and now they have to cheat.

14 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

I think we all know who the real cry babies are, the ones trying to cheat in that blue wave. Oh wait the blue wave never existed and now they have to cheat.

Any comment on the OP?  Or, are you just here to deflect and distract?

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Any comment on the OP?  Or, are you just here to deflect and distract?

The huffington post doesn't even get the time of day to read the article, and unlike mid and badlad, I'm not going to trash up the community with 20 threads on the same thing.

11 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

They only believe in democracy if the right team wins.

Same as your side of the duopoly, mate. Get a grip.:D 

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

It truly is some bullshit.  But, given who they elected as Governor, last time, I am not surprised.

I wonder how many of them have previously held with the mantra "Elections have consequences"?

Actually, Scott Walker was exactly who we needed at the time. The left, or more importantly, the lobbyists who owned them were getting out of hand. Admittedly, the same thing was starting to happen with the right, so I look forward to having some balance and am willing to give Evers a chance. 

I also do not support the games the right is playing. I don’t support the games the left plays either. The system will be well and truly broken if both sides keep going like this. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Dammit Ish your'e new avatar is...... making me hungry:D

If only the potatoes were yams.....

1 hour ago, Not guilty said:

The huffington post doesn't even get the time of day to read the article, and unlike mid and badlad, I'm not going to trash up the community with 20 threads on the same thing.

To which news source would you pay attention?

And, care to elaborate on which threads already exist regarding the power grab by the Wisconsin GOP?

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

To which news source would you pay attention?

And, care to elaborate on which threads already exist regarding the power grab by the Wisconsin GOP?

Green box

Media-Bias-Chart_Version-3.1_Watermark-m

Didn’t the Americans in NC do this after losing the Gov mansion in the wake of the Great Transgender Bathroom Scare?  What did the courts do to such brave defense of Amurican values in that case?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

Green box

Media-Bias-Chart_Version-3.1_Watermark-m

Facts have a liberal bias!

Interesting to note that while there are 4 media companies squarely LIBERAL in the "makes up hateful shit about the other side" box, there are almost a dozen on the right-hand side.

I'd suggest that a lot of the mainstream media listed here slant more right than left. Remember the NY Time helping George W cover up the warrantless wiretapping? That sure sound like a bunch of lefties to me. Wall St Journal is not making up hare-brained evil shit but they certainly lean pretty far right.

And so it goes.

-DSK

14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Facts have a liberal bias!

Interesting to note that while there are 4 media companies squarely LIBERAL in the "makes up hateful shit about the other side" box, there are almost a dozen on the right-hand side.

I'd suggest that a lot of the mainstream media listed here slant more right than left. Remember the NY Time helping George W cover up the warrantless wiretapping? That sure sound like a bunch of lefties to me. Wall St Journal is not making up hare-brained evil shit but they certainly lean pretty far right.

And so it goes.

-DSK

Wrong like normal, facts have no bias, they are facts.

Blah blah blah whataboutisms that you normally do because you have no facts.

It would be interesting to count the number of cites on PA from Forward Progressives, Bipartisan Report, David Wolfe, Occupy Democrats,  Palmer Report, Patribotics and then count the number of cites from Fox News, Daily Caller, Conservative Tribune, NewsMax, RedState, Breitbart, The Blaze, Infowars. -1 for libruls and +1 for patriots, tally it up and divide by total cites. We could call that the malarkey stat or perhaps the Dog number.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It would be interesting to count the number of cites on PA from Forward Progressives, Bipartisan Report, David Wolfe, Occupy Democrats,  Palmer Report, Patribotics and then count the number of cites from Fox News, Daily Caller, Conservative Tribune, NewsMax, RedState, Breitbart, The Blaze, Infowars. -1 for libruls and +1 for patriots, tally it up and divide by total cites. We could call that the malarkey stat or perhaps the Dog number.

“Canine Index”

3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

“Canine Index”

"Dog Malarkey".  Or, to save syllables - "Dog Shit".  Still accurate.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Not the same scenario.  But, this is just perfect for GOP cry babies.  "I need my Safe Space!" (likely lonely GOP dating loser quote)

Dating App For Trump Supporters Threatens To Sue Liberals Who Try To Join.

That may need it's own thread.

Will somebody please change Bruce Poliquin's diaper soon?

Refusing to accept the ranked-choice results, Poliquin has since asked for a recount and for a new election if U.S. District Court Judge Lance Walker does not declare him the winner. Walker will begin hearing arguments for the case Wednesday morning in Bangor, and the recount will begin Thursday.

Talk about a sore loser. Time to rethink your policies, dumbass.

What a cunt!

On 12/3/2018 at 8:42 PM, garuda3 said:

The Republicans that lost in the racers in the midwest are turning into a bunch of cry babies,

So much for them being strong leaders WTF

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/midwestern-republicans-try-to-kneecap-new-democratic-governors_us_5c05acebe4b0cd916faefc3e

Wisconsin Republicans Advance Lame-Duck Power Grab

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wisconsin-republicans-advance-lame-duck-power-grab_us_5c05a479e4b07aec57519c2b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Image result for crying baby cartoon

Jeff Wood, 2010:lol:

Ohio has a new one.   A popular petition and referendum forced our Republican state legislator to agree on a future date a couple elections away to eliminate the gerrymandered districts.   Now they are working to eliminate referendums.   

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 7:17 PM, Steam Flyer said:

it looks like the pendulum is swinging the other way, anyway, so maybe it won't get so bad, this time.

They've convinced people like JZK that democracy is not even a fundamental American principle.

-DSK

It'll get bad - the pendulum usually swings to about 95% of where it starts from. The only saving grace in the States is that what passes for the Loony Left would be pretty centrist elsewhere in the world.

They don't get a lot of points for convincing JerKZ of anything - talk about filling an empty vessel.

What is happening to the current GOP is that, like other authoritarian parties, 

they do not respect the right of the opposition to exist. This began under the speakership of

Gingrich under the tutelage of Frank Luntz and oligarchs like the Koch's. 

This is the main reason why those former senators are sounding the alarm. 

And don't give me any of that "both-sidesism" crap. 

• Like 2

Whatabout?

There's no reason for the opposition to exist because the GOP is right about everything.

Especially economics.

50 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Whatabout?

There's no reason for the opposition to exist because the GOP is right about everything.

Especially economics.

FTFY

Cracks beginning to appear in the GOP wall of denial -

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-confides-friends-he-s-concerned-about-impeachment-n947296

"I am concerned that the president might be involved in a crime" Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy 

"If someone has violated the law, the application of the law should be applied to them like it would to any other citizen in this country, and obviously if you're in a position of great authority like the presidency that would be the case."

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio

And to no one's great surprise; slimy Snotty Walker signed legislation limiting the powers of the incoming Democratic Governor and AG.  At the same time the legislation also reduced the opportunities for early voting.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-wisconsin-republican-governor-powers-20181214-story.html#nt=oft02a-1li3

During the signing ceremony Walker attempted to use Venn diagrams to show that the powers of the Governor were essentially unchanged.  Of course, he got it entirely wrong.  Guess that is what happens when you drop out or flunk out of Marquette Univ.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-walker-venn-diagram-meme_us_5c14e6d5e4b05d7e5d8258cc

Attorney Joe Welch's immortal line to Joe McCarthy seems quite appropriate here: "have you no sense of decency."

On 12/15/2018 at 10:01 AM, jerseyguy said:

And to no one's great surprise; slimy Snotty Walker signed legislation limiting the powers of the incoming Democratic Governor and AG.  At the same time the legislation also reduced the opportunities for early voting.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-wisconsin-republican-governor-powers-20181214-story.html#nt=oft02a-1li3

During the signing ceremony Walker attempted to use Venn diagrams to show that the powers of the Governor were essentially unchanged.  Of course, he got it entirely wrong.  Guess that is what happens when you drop out or flunk out of Marquette Univ.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-walker-venn-diagram-meme_us_5c14e6d5e4b05d7e5d8258cc

Attorney Joe Welch's immortal line to Joe McCarthy seems quite appropriate here: "have you no sense of decency."

The legislature , R both houses, have a vested interest in protecting legislation previously enacted. Past democratic governors fucked the citizens of Wisconsin and some of this recent legislation helps prevent that.

But, exactly which provision irritates you?

Just now, warbird said:

The legislature , R both houses, have a vested interest in protecting legislation previously enacted. Past democratic governors fucked the citizens of Wisconsin and some of this recent legislation helps prevent that.

I am confident you would embrace the same were it the Dems doing the "protecting" against a recently elected GOP Governor.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am confident you would embrace the same were it the Dems doing the "protecting" against a recently elected GOP Governor.

I am confident the Breathing Cadaver will find a way to do an end around to fuck Wisconsin anyway. That is what Dems do....

19 minutes ago, warbird said:

I am confident the Breathing Cadaver will find a way to do an end around to fuck Wisconsin anyway. That is what Dems do....

Riiight, just like Kansas went into the shitter. Oh wait, that was team R.

My bad

28 minutes ago, warbird said:

Your myopia is getting worse.

All you see that is negative is on one side of the political divide.

Sad.

23 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Your myopia is getting worse.

All you see that is negative is on one side of the political divide.

Sad.

Sad.....that I see failed innercities, yes

Sad that I endured Jim Doyle as Governor  yes sad, what am  I supposed to see?

5 hours ago, warbird said:

Sad.....that I see failed innercities, yes

Sad that I endured Jim Doyle as Governor  yes sad, what am  I supposed to see?

Sad that you choose to only see one side's failures.

Ignorance of the big picture is, somewhat, tolerable. 

Willful ignorance is intolerable.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Sad that you choose to only see one side's failures.

Ignorance of the big picture is, somewhat, tolerable. 

Willful ignorance is intolerable.

One sides failures? Ha, LSD? Shrooms? Meth? What is your choice?. Every fucking thing the Dems have touched has been a FUCKING failure since 1964.

9 minutes ago, warbird said:

One sides failures? Ha, LSD? Shrooms? Meth? What is your choice?. Every fucking thing the Dems have touched has been a FUCKING failure since 1964.

Glad you feel that way.  At least they succeeded in one thing.  Pissing off an aging bigot.

• Like 1